DarkEnergy

No vehicles spawning on new server.

We have no vehicles spawning on our server, same problem ?

READ THIS

DayZ Community Support Jwietchers and Urbanfox

Had this to say.

In order to clean up with this:

We are aware that vehicles have not spawned on servers with instance IDs above, roughly, 8000 and it will require manual action to spawn them.

We're working on fixing it.

At this time we are encountering some problems with vehicles spawning on new servers. We are working diligently to correct this problem and your patience is appreciated. I understand not having vehicles on your server is extremely frustrating but please know we are aware of this issue and are working on a solution.

To clarify, yes, this is only an issue with new servers. We understand that vehicles are a huge and needed addition to your servers and we are working on fixing this issue and getting everyone up and running.

• Waiting 7 days for the vehicles to spawn is bullocks.
  • The Dev team is aware and fixing it, Priority is high ETA is unknown.
  • Please do not make tickets to your provider or day-z staff as they are not willing (able?) to handle this on a case to case basis.
  • There is no bug report on dev-heaven.net as this is seen as an internal issue
  • Patience is a virtue, and in the current state maybe it is better not to have them for the moment.

I have spend enough of my time beating this horse on to

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/71904-new-major-battleye-anti-cheat-features/

to deal with them script kiddies.

Sad faced Day-z hosting club.

jAFaU.png

Recommended step by step plan.

1. Make a post include your server name and the number of days vehicles have not spawned in.

2. You are a man, therefore you resist the urge to be a bitch about it.

3. Get your player base involved and posting to show their support.

4. Check this thread at regular intervals to see what is new.

5. Buy eggs.

6. Project negative thoughts on eggs.

7. When eggs start to smell see step 8

8. Find out where Rocket lives and depending on your whereabouts arrange appropriate transportation.

9. Go to rockets house and trow eggs on house.

Original OP

So i set up a VDS with the intention to host a day-z server.

I got whitelisted and the server is working great and has been up for 3 days now.

But sadly no vehicles spawn in. My users are disapointed and so am i.

essensialy i am paying for a half working server at this moment.

i would like to resolve this issue, but before i go make tickets i would like to know if this is something on my side. If anybody resolved this problem i would like to hear about it.

feel free to post theories.

My initial toughts was that they would spawn in at an later date to prevent the owner from grabbing them all. (not that it would stop the other players from taking them back)

But i am now wondering if this has something to do with my mission file or instance or fuckup at hives side.

Thanks in advance,

Dark

Edited by DarkEnergy
  • Like 1

Newer instance IDs take a few days for vehicles to appear in that instance. Everyone, well.. most people anyway who get a new ID have this problem. They'll show up, don't worry. Give it another couple of days before you start really panicking. It took my server about 5-6 days to have vehicles appear.

Newer instance IDs take a few days for vehicles to appear in that instance. Everyone, well.. most people anyway who get a new ID have this problem. They'll show up, don't worry. Give it another couple of days before you start really panicking. It took my server about 5-6 days to have vehicles appear.

thanks look in your thread

Server running for 9 days here now - without a single vehicle spawn.

At this point im going to say its bugged to hell but by the look noone of the dayz staff really cares nor shares any info. I am truely disappointed.

Paying Money for not correctly working servers, not getting help and apparently even not getting noticed by the DayZ staff is so much fun....

Same problem on my server. Purchased it on 06.08. still no vehicles. And now that even tents are not saving it is absolutely useless to play on it. Please do something about this. Instance ID 8080.

Like DerBob said... Tents not saving, no vehicles here either. And like DerBob's Server my ID is above 8k. I'll keep posting in the server forum to keep you updated, its day 5 without vehicles for us. We got 8 people constantly checking every single spawnpoint. So its not a matter of "not finding" them.

Thanks for everybody to respond sharing my concern.

I would recommend you keep posting in this thread to get exposure.

Maybe we will find more people with the problem or actually a Dev response.

we can also stay updated if one of our server starts to get vehicles in e.t.c.

Keep it going

• Like 1

Hey there. I just recently purchased a server on 8/9. I have yet to see any vehicles or helicopter crash sites on my server. This pretty annoying I must say. You should not have to wait 7+ days or however many days people are saying it takes for vehicles to spawn on a new server. It's just rediculous. Why should it take that long? Is it really that time consuming to change the code to where a brand new server starts with vehicles off the bat? I wouldn't think so. But anyways just my two cents.

Hi wreaksauce,

Welcome to the sad face hosting club.

I can comment on one of our problems, that is heli crash sites.

These are always created at server start. Hive is not involved in this.

And i have never had problems with this i have rented a managed server before this.

and on this one and the managed it never failed to spawn heli crash sites.

Keep the comments going people.

There are serious problems with the way the database syncing works that cause vehicles to become corrupted after they spawn. The problem is (at least this is how I think it works) when a vehicle's database entry is corrupted, it despawns, but never spawns again. So once your server is running for a while and all of the vehicles on your server become corrupted (and it will become corrupted) none spawn anymore.

Private servers do not have this problem since it uses a local database and better syncing code, so if you really want vehicles to spawn, I'd suggest abandoning the "official" hive and setting up a private server. You can add as many vehicle spawns as you want if you go that route.

Private servers still suffer from tent problems though. But at least vehicles don't vanish forever.

Edited by SPESSMEHREN
  • Like 1

hi spessmehren,

Thanks for your input.

Tough i probably have the player base to do so, i also do this for the mod and the players of day-z.

And i am not ready jet to abandon this community.

Slightly different problem here on UK205, vehicles are spawning, but totally random, i.e you save a ural at a camp, and after a restart it either changes to a bike / 4x4 truck, or disappears completely, same for all other vehicles, very frustrating and needs to be looked into, the persistent state of the game is also the core element of it, fix this before trying anything new !

• Like 1

That is really weird.

Would be fun to go from a bicycleto a ural tough.

but next restart you would be f't.

Slightly different problem here on UK205, vehicles are spawning, but totally random, i.e you save a ural at a camp, and after a restart it either changes to a bike / 4x4 truck, or disappears completely, same for all other vehicles, very frustrating and needs to be looked into, the persistent state of the game is also the core element of it, fix this before trying anything new !

That's happening due to database corruption. When we used to have a hive-connected server I had a UAZ for 2 weeks until it vanished. I found a GAZ not even 500 feet away, kept that for a few days until it vanished and I found a minivan in its place (at first I thought someone had driven up in the van and stolen the GAZ, but that didn't make any sense since I had it parked in the wilderness, and you can run faster than the GAZ offroad, while the minivan has a decent offroad speed)

Unfortunatly when vehicles disappear altogether, they don't respawn. When we got rid of our hive-connected server we were down to 3 working vehicles; none had spawned in over seven days. This has been a problem for over a month, and since nothing was getting done about it we shut down our public server in favor of a private server that doesn't have database corruption issues.

Edited by SPESSMEHREN

Many times we had the problem tents and vehicles were not loaded correctly and didn't appeared after a restart. Since we always lock it till the timeout runs out we never had that problem again.

Ah wrong thread. sorry

Edited by 8odycount

Almost four days on new server (Dallas 2145) and no vehicles yet.

Btw, where do we check what the instance ID is?