Oddball_E8

Did i just have a heartattack? (died for no apparant reason)

I was in a shop in Polana in the middle of the night.

Was behind the shelves in the front of the shop, but couldnt be attacked from anywhere unless someone snuck up right next to me.

There were no zombies around (they were drawn away by my flare).

I had 10.000+ blood, no temp problems, no hunger and no thirst.

I was looting the ground, picking up a can of beans and a can of pasta when i suddenly dropped dead right after i was finished looting.

When i went down i could see in the only direction anyone could have snuck up on me and there was nothing there.

So basically either i had a heartattack (Rocket DID say he wanted realism) or something bugged out and i was killed for no discernable reason.

Also, there was no noise when i died, i just keeled over.

*Where you were: Shop in Polana

*What you were doing: Just finished looting

*Current installed version: 1.6.0.0

*Server(s) you were on: EpicNL2

*Your system specs:

*Timeline of events before/after error:

I'm not sure but I think if you are killed instantly instead of bleeding out etc you don't hear what killed you. Someone shot me in the back of the head and I just went straight to "You are Dead" for no apparent reason. I only know about it because someone said "thanks for the shotgun." in chat.

Its not impossible that you just glitched into something, I've fallen through the wall of the firestation in cherno, and my buddy took 70k blood damage by going prone INTO a rock.

I'm not sure but I think if you are killed instantly instead of bleeding out etc you don't hear what killed you. Someone shot me in the back of the head and I just went straight to "You are Dead" for no apparent reason. I only know about it because someone said "thanks for the shotgun." in chat.

Like i said, i didnt go straight to the "you are dead" screen, i fell down backwards so i could see the only direction anyone could have come at me, and then i died.

So nobody snuck up on me (theyd have to be within 3 meters to see me).

@DeadLeaves: i wasnt moving at all, had just finished looting and was taking a second to think about where to go next, so i was sitting still.

Might be the same thing thats killed me a couple of times now. Both time i've been prone, and lying still, both times i've had 10.000+ blood.

As Oddball says, it doesn't go to you are dead screen, you keel over, you die, you lay there for a few seconds, and then it comes.

My deaths seems to have been triggered by alt tabbing for some odd reason.

• Like 1

It was the same with me too yesterday - i was in nw airfield at entrace with guard post, I just got new camo outfit and started to loot other things. I was in full health, 12000 blood, temp ~ 38, there was no zeds around, and suddenly all my bones was broken and i drop down dead.

You think that's bad?

I once opened a door in a house and it went inwards towards me and CRUSHED ME AND EVERY BONE IN MY BODY! XD

Man, was it annoying, but man was it funny.

• Like 1

I just randomly died too while looting a small warehouse. I still had +11000 blood and it didn't go down when I died.

I alt+tabbed and when I returned to the game someone appeared in my squad for a split second and then I died.

Would it of been possible to be sniped, I've managed to get some crazy shots through small gaps in the food shop.

Though I've also had a similar experiance vaulting onto a ledge.

Would it of been possible to be sniped' date=' I've managed to get some crazy shots through small gaps in the food shop.

Though I've also had a similar experiance vaulting onto a ledge.

[/quote']

yes that was first what i thought but I was not in open area, ok there was possible to shoot me even there, but shooter should be close and my friends who was there too did not heard shoots

It was the same with me too yesterday - i was in nw airfield at entrace with guard post' date=' I just got new camo outfit and started to loot other things. I was in full health, 12000 blood, temp ~ 38, there was no zeds around, and suddenly all my bones was broken and i drop down dead.

[/quote']

Exactly the same place and the same situation it happened to me.

Everything was on perfect stats and suddenly i just fell down and the sandclock started very slow.... i still had 12.000 blood.

After that slowly a Zed moved around, saw me, started screaming and a lot more Zeds came after me and started to eat me.

At least i died cause of that with my hardly gathered loot like m16a4 acog, enough ammo for every single Zed on the server, nightgoogles and every single tool like hatchet, knife, map, .....

Well, seems to be part of the game,

but it is still worth playing it ;)

It was the same with me too yesterday - i was in nw airfield at entrace with guard post' date=' I just got new camo outfit and started to loot other things. I was in full health, 12000 blood, temp ~ 38, there was no zeds around, and suddenly all my bones was broken and i drop down dead.

[/quote']

This sounds like a grenade or other explosive to me. At least that's what happened when I was grenaded. Didn't even hear the explosion.

OP, could be bug, could be silenced weaponry. In any case, enjoy starting back on the coast!

I've been killed by laying prone next to a tree and glitching into it.

I first thought it was a sniper, but as I didn't die instantly, heard no shot and afterwards found my body with all loot still on it, it's pretty safe to assume it wasn't.

Oh well.

Just to clear this up:

I was kneeling, not lying prone.

I was not visible in any way to be shot from outside the shop (no small openings in the shelves in the shop or anything like that)

I did not alt-tab (although i do so regularly without dying)

Fell down, got the hourglass of death and then died and went to the "you are dead" screen within less than 2 seconds (total)

Still have no clue what killed me.

Sorry for ressurecting this, but I had just experienced the same.:-/

Me and my 3 mates were stalking some survivors up north at the NW airfield when I suddenly drop dead with the shock icon. My blood was 12k and not a single bone broken.

I am pretty sure I was not being shot at, since the "shooter" would then kill my friends as well (who managed to grab and save some valuable stuff from my body and didn't hear any gunshots at all), nor did I crashed into a tree/rock at full speed.

However, the server was probably de-syncing heavily.

Happened to me also at Zelenogorks general store. I was absolutely sure nobody was around and my buddy was covering the perimeter. I was at the back of the store and just instantly died there. When i returned to investigate what had happened we discovered that my body was standing in the corner.

I was running up a hill once during night. Then died at an instant. Must have tripped.

had this happen plenty. basically going prone and moving around inside buildings is a bad idea.

This isn't exactly a conclusion you should immediately jump to, but it definitely could have been a hack. Most of the indoor and object awkwardness results in broken bones, bleeding, and unconsciousness, not instant death.

I gently bumped against a structure while swimming. I went from 12K health to 3K.

It happens, unfortunately. Bad luck, I call it, and move on.

Today a whole server including me got killed by a hacker :-/

I had 12k blood, just had drink and pasta. running downhill and dead.

Thought I was the only one but everyone started spamming chat that they just died for no reason.

last week thursday or friday me and a friend were in polana shop and both got sniped

but we knew we were sniped, as we heard the sound of the bullet crack

but with lag you might not notice that this was also on nl2 i believe (could have been nl4)

it is a haunted place i know that.... some one set up shop in polana and uses the supermarket as bait

Today I log into the game to find that I am being attacked by Zombies through walls and half my health is already gone. I logged off last night with 12K in blood, and nothing around me. So what the heck happened? I managed to kill the zombies, but not before losing 10K in blood. then I go to another server, I get 1K blood back, but my leg is now broken and I have the shakes. I take care of that, eat 2 cans of food I have to stablize myself. I still have all my gear so I am just thankful for that.

I log into another server so that I am not lagging so bad, and another player comes into the room, but I take him out b4 he can take me. I start looting his body and eat all his food. Now up to 6K in blood, I just fall over and it comes up and says I am dead. WTF? How do I go from 12K last night with no issues, to logging in with half my blood and being attacked all of sudden through walls by zombies.

I guess its not hard enough just to survive in the game, but now we have to survive random things just logging on. How are you supposed to survive if you are being attacked while not even playing the game?

The whole server I was just on all had a mass heart attack :(

Every player killed instantly.... not impressed...

Lifes a beach...then you spawn on one