TheMachine

Bandit skin is awesome

OMGWTFBBQ - Try searching, humanity or bandit skin, there were other threads with pics.

@OP - Now you get to feel like you've accomplished something killing unarmed survivors on the coast. Go gettem.

• Like 1

your thinking is flawed. you need several Murders to get the bandit "towel". so you DID CHOOSE this role all alone.

Ok, but is it really much of a choice if people keep shooting at you and you need to kill them to survive? Does the game make any distinction between an inhumane kill or a kill in self defense? accidental kills?

How can the game determine you didn't kill the guy out of fear for your own safety?

Why should someone have to wear a bandit mask regardless, and the same applies to the survivor skin.. Why shouldn't someone be able to wear the bandit costume if they want to, but they just don't like to murder people because it goes against their character?

Either way, i still feel that it's a valid point, being able to wear what you want does create a stronger bond with your character. Why should people be forced in to skins they don't like? regardless of how they play.. Surely there is a better way than this to make people PVP less..

I hope that once a few more things to do other than PVP are added to the game, they will remove this system in favour of full customisation

@super67

Fair enough, but i still feel it creates a forced dichotomy good Vs evil type situation, which i just don't feel should be the game's job, i feel it should be down to players to decide social structure..

As far as telling whether someone is good or bad, i have watched quite a few vids on Youtube, and yes i can see that it's a problem at the moment to communicate with other players..

I would very much urge caution though.. You just might find, that once the game has enough things to do beyond PVP at the coast, you know things which add an overall sense of purpose and group mechanics etc, that the problem may well just cease to exist, and it would be foolish to assume that the game is better because of this system, without analysing how the full game plays without it..

I think this problem can be mostly solved just by making surviving on your own much harder, and making ammo more scarce, these would both go a long way to stopping players killing other players on sight.

And alsom i watched quite a few videos from back when bandit skins were in, and everyone still seemed to shoot on sight regardless of skin.

I do agree with you on the fact that it is hard to emulate someone's behaviour in the game world, and you don't have access to all the sensory information you have in the real world.. But i still think forcing people to particular skins is counter intuitive to a gaming experience which aims to attach as much significance to staying alive as possible.

Edited by Honest Bill

The only problem with it is, if you kill anyone, even if they're a bandit - you normally get a murder.

So basically, everyone is a bandit now...

Bandit skin should be optional. You get the gear, and you can take it off or put it on if you want.

Where's this bandit skin? How many kills for it?

-2000 humanity for bandit

+5000 for hero

not sure what 1 kill gives in negative humanity though :(

• Like 1

The only problem with it is, if you kill anyone, even if they're a bandit - you normally get a murder.

So basically, everyone is a bandit now...

now? Before this patch, that was true.

Loving the bandit skin as I joined when they first removed them so its a nice change for me.Was just at Electro and in a building fighting it out with a bandit(laughed hard when I saw the huge "shoot me" scarf on his head) and a survivor.I was shooting at the bandit with the survivor taking shots at me LOL.Then I meet the survivor on the top floor and I turn my weapon to show I am friendly and BAM wiped off the Dayz world.I love it as now I see bad people and I can shoot at them and yes there will be the occasional bandit in the making but its better than me seeing two players and not firing at any of them.

Anyone think that bandit and hero is kinda not fitting for Dayz.I was thinking murderer and Vigilante fit better.;)

Edited by wolfstriked

As long as it doesn't fuck up camo and backpacks like it did before I don't think I care. I don't PK unless I have to so I won't get it very often, but I'll be pissed if I defend myself and my camo and Alice pack full of goodies goes "poof!"

In my opinion, it is a very bad idea to force a certain look on to players.. Not only is it less authentic and immersive, but it also significantly decreases the attachment a player can form with the character.

If it is not your player with your personal style and tastes, then it is just a generic avatar which makes you more conscious of the seperation. It doesn't feel like your character at all.. Just a skin you've had forced on to you.

That's why this system is a bad idea in my opinion.

Maybe players don't want to wear a towel on their heads or hide their identity just because they have killed people.. Maybe they were afraid they would be attacked and just see themselves as no different to the survivors, This system will break the immersion for such players who consider themselves as neutral and independent.

Not only that but it could force them to fight players they might not ordinarily have to, as they now have a towel on their head which indicates that it's ok to shoot them on sight, even though that would make them just as guilty as the supposed 'bandit' because they did exactly the same thing as them.. This could increase conflict.. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.

But you're trying to force people to play a role that they might not want to play, and you are assuming their intentions behind player killing based on a flawed notion that they obviously would want their faces to be hidden.

Players shouldn't have the games ideals forced on to them, i thought that was exactly the trend this game was meant to buck..

Anyway that's my opinion on the matter.. What it actually looks like is a less important issue in my view

wow shut the fuck up go play another game lol noone cares about wat u say why dont u tell them to take away pvp too lol

No longer do the carebears have any reason to whine about not knowing who's a good/bad guy.

And you still come here to create this thread.

Edited by Fenrig
  • Like 2

I liked the original bandit skin a wee bit better, but the head wrap is still pretty tight.

Edited by PieEyedSniper
  • Like 1

I don't like it because of the no-realism, but I like it, because PvP is too much in my eyes. Perhaps somebody will think twice before he shots someone for fun.

wow shut the fuck up go play another game lol noone cares about wat u say why dont u tell them to take away pvp too lol

Because i don't want them to take away PVP.. And although i'm sure you're right that nobody cares what I say. But you must realise that just as few people care about your opinion, Especially when you lack basic reading comprehension or the common courtesy to participate in a real discussion..

I'm confident that if someone's looking for feedback, they will at least take my opinions seriously.. What do you think they'll make of yours?

• Like 2

I liked the original bandit skin a wee bit better, but the head wrap is still pretty tight.

Someone wrote that you can now find the original bandit skin as cloth package

Still needs confirmation though

Oh and the bandit scarf lets your backpack be invisible to other players

Pretty neat if you ask me

Edited by Hawk24

Ok, but is it really much of a choice if people keep shooting at you and you need to kill them to survive? Does the game make any distinction between an inhumane kill or a kill in self defense? accidental kills?

How can the game determine you didn't kill the guy out of fear for your own safety?

Why should someone have to wear a bandit mask regardless, and the same applies to the survivor skin.. Why shouldn't someone be able to wear the bandit costume if they want to, but they just don't like to murder people because it goes against their character?

Either way, i still feel that it's a valid point, being able to wear what you want does create a stronger bond with your character. Why should people be forced in to skins they don't like? regardless of how they play.. Surely there is a better way than this to make people PVP less..

I hope that once a few more things to do other than PVP are added to the game, they will remove this system in favour of full customisation

@super67

Fair enough, but i still feel it creates a forced dichotomy good Vs evil type situation, which i just don't feel should be the game's job, i feel it should be down to players to decide social structure..

As far as telling whether someone is good or bad, i have watched quite a few vids on Youtube, and yes i can see that it's a problem at the moment to communicate with other players..

I would very much urge caution though.. You just might find, that once the game has enough things to do beyond PVP at the coast, you know things which add an overall sense of purpose and group mechanics etc, that the problem may well just cease to exist, and it would be foolish to assume that the game is better because of this system, without analysing how the full game plays without it..

I think this problem can be mostly solved just by making surviving on your own much harder, and making ammo more scarce, these would both go a long way to stopping players killing other players on sight.

And alsom i watched quite a few videos from back when bandit skins were in, and everyone still seemed to shoot on sight regardless of skin.

I do agree with you on the fact that it is hard to emulate someone's behaviour in the game world, and you don't have access to all the sensory information you have in the real world.. But i still think forcing people to particular skins is counter intuitive to a gaming experience which aims to attach as much significance to staying alive as possible.

it does. if you get shot by some1 chances are he is a bandit. thats why game tracks "Murders" and "BANDIT" kills separately. you won't get negative humanity for killing a bandit as i know of.

Also, adding these skins won't make PvP less, and the skins wasn't release for that reason. I myself play as a hardcore bandit. i kill, i rob, i butcher groups of survivors and getting a bandit hood (for me) is something that im looking forward to and i look at it as a reward and an acknowledge from the game that "yeah you are a true outlaw"

Edited by MostlyPanda
  • Like 1

Nothing against the bandit skin update, it's actually nice to see a difference between good and bad people, but having a towel like that on regular survivor clothes looks a tad disabled.

I'd very much like a black balaclava, would suit the survivor skin better and look thrice more badass.

• Like 8

Now there is no reason to front anymore.

At least with the survivor skin, I can pick and choose my victims.

Shit, I could even help some of them or leave them alone.

Now, that people will surely be gunning for me, more so than before.

I'll just sweep through towns killing everything, without even so much as a word.

Good for care-bears (lol - not really, you will lose).

Really bad for the game and the immersion aspect.

• Like 2

I dont understand why they would implement it again. If your a thief you do not run around dressed in a black ski mask with other thief attire in public. Same goes for murderers.

Excuse my ignorance but I'm assuming bandit skins are back?