willjad11

Noticeably lower FPS on 1.6.0

I can't be the only one. It was smooth as butter on 1.5.8.4 and now it's sorta choppy. I haven't done anything that would make it do that.

Could people post some more detail around what is going on when the performance is poor?

I.e. What is the weather doing.

Update graphic drivers.

They are updated.

@rocket

The weather looked pretty normal, sunny, blue sky, clouds here and there. Nothing out of the ordinary seemed to be going on. Right after I spawn its just choppy.

Can you report feedback now with the 1.6.0.1 update? I too had it, and with the new update it is gone.

I can't be the only one. It was smooth as butter on 1.5.8.4 and now it's sorta choppy. I haven't done anything that would make it do that.

You arent only one. I'm having the same exact performance drop as before 1.5.8.4, its unplayable. Weather is cloudy, and im pretty close to balota airfield.

I have a huge FPS drop when I play DayZ in general.

It gets really bad when I'm near players and it pisses me off.

Because I bought the game for the mod and now it runs horribly.

I get a huuuuge FPS drop ingame, runs at probably 5-10.

My specs are:

Quad Core running at 2.89 GHz

12 GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD 5770

Just updated to 1.6.0.1 going to try it out now, it worked fine with the 1.5.8.4 version.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I've bumped it down to lowest and it still happens. Works fine with everything at high in singleplayer.

10-14 FPS on a GTX 570, i5 750 @ 2.7 GHz and 8 GB of RAM. 30-40FPS+ before update 1.6.

Nearly unplayable for me. 5-10 FPS at lowest possible settings. Normally 30+ on high.

Can you report feedback now with the 1.6.0.1 update? I too had it' date=' and with the new update it is gone.

[/quote']

I will do that when I get home.

Edit: No disrespect to anyone, but I made this thread only for people who have had sudden issues with this particular version of the game.

My framerate was incredibly low with 1.6.0, maybe around 5 fps.

The 1.6.0.1 hotfix improved it, but it's still unplayable. I was getting about 20 fps at first, then plummeted to about 5 again once zombies started chasing (which got me killed, and I'm still a little pissed about it!).

This was sunny weather, indoors, in Gvosdno, on one of the Virginia servers.

In the past the hotfix would clear this issue right up, game would run very smoothly at 30+fps in all weather conditions with lots of zombies, but that doesn't seem to be the case this time.

Computer specs:

AMD Phenom II X2 555 Processor 3.20 GHz

4 GB RAM

Vista 64bit

Radeon HD 6750 1GB DDR3

I have an absolutely huge performance drop with 6.1. Usually Day Z runs around 40-50fps for me, but when I spawned in today it was like watching a slideshow.

I have the same issue with 1.6.0.1

0.0 was fine, but i have huge drop in performance, being at 5-10 FPS especially in forest.

Config:

Intel Core i7

Nvidia gtx 560M

8Gb Ram

Windows 7 Pro 64bits.

I'm having the same issue with the FPS drop.

Mine occurs specifically when I look towards town, or I am in town. If I look away from town BOOM amazingly smooth. Look towards town BOOM 10ish fps.

I've heard the latest patch has fixed the issue for some players, though I haven't been able to connect to a server to test it yet. So we'll see

HD6770

3.8 ghz i5

16gb ram

Roger, any more detail that can be provided is awesome. I'll investigate this as a priority.

I think it relates to the anti-hacking methods, however it is probably a complex layer of several different things.

Especially since people say it happens with people around.

Got the same issue, first time logging in with 1601 I start to notice I'm getting stuttering and low fps in the mid teens 12-15 in the middle of a forest with no one around. This was with a 560 ti beta drivers (301.)

Afterwards I downgraded to 295. nVidia drivers and now I'm getting even lower FPS, I'd say around 5. Or however low fps you need to have for even the chat to stutter. Maybe 3 FPS.

Roger' date=' any more detail that can be provided is awesome. I'll investigate this as a priority.

I think it relates to the anti-hacking methods, however it is probably a complex layer of several different things.

[/quote']

Thanks for the attention Rocket, glad to help!

I didn't get the chance to play 1.6, but 1.6.1 dropped my fps by about 15-20. I usually sit around 25-35, and I'm sitting at around 8-12. Good luck with finding the issue rocket, I appreciate the quick responses to stuff like this.

fps was nice for me in 1.5.8.4. when i tried 1.6. fps dropped heavily it was unplayable for me. after the 1.6.0.1 update at first the problem was fixed for me. fps was on normal level again. nicely playable in very high settings untill i was killed by a bandit. after i respawned on the same server the daytime switched instantly from night to day - this was already very strange because i never saw that before. but worse - after the respawn my fps dropped again to unplayable.

in very few occasions fps is normal for me after i restart the game and connect to a server. but this happens not every time. when fps is normal and i die or respawn, fps drops instantly again. but the wheather is staing the same..

Weather is grey and cloudy but normal.... fps is really really low. I am going to try deleting all the dayz files and then redownloading them!

Edit: It improved frame rate a bit but its still unplayable, not sure if the rain has anything to do with that though.