willjad11

Noticeably lower FPS on 1.6.0

I took my rig out of SLI (560ti) and am now running 70 to 80 fps after experiencing anything from 5 to 12 frames before. (I have everything on high' date=' AA off, post processing off)

[/quote']

this is a fluke. most of us have single card setups.

what it was was a direct cause and effect solution. a fluke would be me putting an egg in my pci slot and having it work.

Worked fine for me on 1.6.0. After 1.6.0.1 my FPS dropped and it's way too risky to play now. Anyone without FPS-drop will have a huge advantage over me.

Specs:

8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM

i7 3610QM CPU @ 2.3GHz

GeForce GTX 670M

Even at lowest settings it is stuttery, whereas before the patch it was silky smooth at high.

Least stuttery out in the wilderness, in particular away from forests.

Was fine with the patch last night but today I am getting 10-15 fps. Is this a latency issue?

My Specs

i5 @4200 MHZ

580 GTX with 3Gig VRAM

windows 7 64 bit on an Elmcrest SSD

Steam on a second SSD

8 Gig Ram

Same here, Super smooth yesterday. Today I'm afraid to meet players because I'm at 20 fps max.

Specs:

i5@4ghz

ati 5850

8 gigs ram

Win 7 64bit

I have the same problem about the low fps.

When its a rainy day i have serious problems to move the character...

It was fine on 1.5.8.4 but now on 1.6.0.1 Ive got like 7 FPS when in single player I get like 65. It was morning, so it was still dark and I tried 2 other servers still with the same 7 frames.

Specs:

Intel Core i5 2500 @ 3.3 GHz

Radeon HD 6870 1GB

8 GB DDR3 RAM (7-7-7-20)

Windows 7 64 Bit

certain servers for me is normal fps with 99% gpu usage and some other servers it's less than 10 fps with only 23-24% gpu usage.

Definitely server side issues.

Can you report feedback now with the 1.6.0.1 update? I too had it' date=' and with the new update it is gone.

[/quote']

@rocket

I just rejoined a server (NY8) after aprox 5 hours and it was a fps drop to 3-10 frames. It seemed like items didnt despawn at all. I went into a local supermarket and stuff was still there fromt he time i logged of.

If server resets problem seems to be gone.

One more problem, I am still on a bandit skin after installing 1.6.01 while i was survivor on 1.6.

I am not sure if this helps but i was in a city far from the coast and everything was going great then i died and since then my fps has been horrible. i would say its the location of being on the coast but it seems to get worse every time you die.

using PlayClaw to monitor CPU and GPU usage.

1.6.1 low fps, but CPU and GPU usage not 100% so CPU and GPU is not bottleneck! it some software limit like VSync do.

---

PLEASE monitor your CPU usage while in game

I had a high FPS drop when I started playing, but now it's fixed.

What I did:

Flushed cache (Lshift + KP- type flush)

Set graphics preference to low

Reset 3D resolutions to 100%

restarted game.

Since then, I've had no problems whatsoever. I was even able to set HDR back to very high.

Having this problem during play today, 570 @ 850core, i7 930 @4.1k. Also noticed on afterburner and from my fan noise that the game is no longer very often using 99% of my GPU. I mean it was frustrating before to have my fan going into overdrive from the server loading screeen of a game that, let's face it, doesn't look too great but in my recent attempted play session I was tabbing and seeing that the GPU usage was capping out at about 40% and playing the game was a slow, blurry nightmare.

Don't know if it's co-incidence or connected but just something else to add to the puzzle.

EDIT: After posting this I tried to play again (game fully closed down and booted up again, different random server with free spot) and was about as good as it had ever been, didn't seem to be any issues. Still only using 60-65% GPU max rather than the old often 95%+ but I'm not going to complain about less power being used for the same effect.

Not directly related to the new patch, but I had fps issues before that too. Once, while I was in a church, killing the infected, I noticed, it might also have something to do with the zombie models or something. The more dead infected there were, the lower the fps, it seemed to me.

That's kinda weird. The dead infected should not really cause such massive fps decrease, should they?

Might also just have been a coincidence. I get horrible fps all the time too. Couldn't confirm it after the patch yet, as I didn't yet have the chance to play it.

I was fine (30-40 FPS) on the patch before 1.6.0 but everything after that is 3-5 FPS no matter where I go.

Help me Rocket, you're my only hope.

(I play on a laptop)

AMD A8-3520M 1.6 GHz

6GB DDR3

Radeon HD 6620G (512MB, well tech. its shared since its a laptop with integrated))

I didn't have an issue with the 1.6 patch, it ran as smooth as all the others have. I logged on this morning to find all the servers had had yet another update - I downloaded the 1.6.0.1 update to find masses of mouse lag when looking about.

This was daytime with rain and also on a different server during a clear night.

seems that my fps drops when im near other players

Just chiming in to say that my fps seems capped at 9-10 regardless of settings around cherno. New install of nvidia drivers, beta client, dayz 1.6.0.1. It does seem to be much better at night, strangely enough.

had to stop playing :-/

Edit: System Specs

LGA 1156 i5 760

12 GB RAM

EVGA 460 GTX 1GB

I've runned several tries trying to understand the fps issue.

I've made some test on non-beta servers, when I spawn on the coast I usually get :

-20-25 fps while looking directly at the forest.

-55-60 fps while looking at the ocean.

Then i tried to join a beta server (FI 1) running on the latest version (93160).

I've made the exact same tests but the results were way better :

-37-40 fps while looking directly at the forest.

-95-100 fps while looking at the ocean.

I've tried another beta server but i can't remember which one, the fps was a bit lower than FI 1 but still higher than non-beta ones.

I've not really been looking at the beta changelog to see if the fps was improved by fixes.

Or maybe the FI 1 server has something more than the others.

Hope that test can help the devteam.

I get different FPS depending of server ...

NL2 - ~35-45

SE09 - ~30-35

Dallas22 - ~15-18

I have the lowest settings:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/k0nane/DayZ/ArmA2OA2012-05-2817-37-33-94.jpg

What ingame looks like:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/k0nane/DayZ/ArmA2OA2012-05-2816-01-51-80.jpg

My computer, HP Elitebook 8730w (Laptop):

Inter® Core2 Duo CPU T9400 @ 2.53GHz

4gb RAM

nVidia Quadro FX 2700M - 512mb

This is horrible! I can't play and I'm new, I have the game for about 3 days and I can't even enjoy it. :(

This might sound REALLY bizarre, but I got much higher FPS when I set HDR to very high setting, I have no idea what causes this.

Some servers seem to have a huge difference in FPS, e.g. for me on FI 1 I have really low FPS, even in wilderness, ranging from ~20~30fps and on FI 3 the FPS can be ~50-80~FPS easily.

Everyone just has to remember that this mod is still under development and is in Alpha Stage, people seem to forget that too easily and start whining about everything.

I installed the beta patch, and play on servers with the patch "93160", now 35-50 fps.

I installed the beta patch' date=' and play on servers with the patch "93160", now 35-50 fps.

[/quote']

Yup, Beta Patch has much better performance than other patches, + you get past the "Waiting for server response" screen faster.