rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

why do i have a bandit head and a survivor body? o.O

That's because you are bad person who is murdering other people.

Enjoy your new ninjacowl.

• Like 3

Any indication of when this will be on SixUpdater?

never, leave that crap and use dayz commander, stop lagging behind

• Like 3

Some of us have issues doing manual install for one reason or another. ....

Try this

open cmd. If you dont know how to do this google it. (jeez)

then try these two lines each followed by enter (the Enter key).

(this is for steam version but im sure you can figure out what your path is if you have the DVD version...)

cd /D "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead"

(this makes your working directory the correct one)

"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors "-name=YOURPROFILENAME" "-mod=C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;expansion;expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;@DayZ"

(this one long line above runs the game)

Its that simple. The beta version of arma2oa.exe does not require steam to be running. So ignore steam. Likewise shitupdater.

If that works then create a batch file on your desktop (dayz.bat) edit it and paste these lines in. Save it and use that to run arma dayz.

Do manual file copies for dayz updates. Run the installer for beta patches. Beta patches from: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

/sigh

Edited by Drblodski

If there is any fallacy...please PM me because it's Offtopic.Thanks. ;)

Unless you know the number of players for a fact, then you're just making figures up and they have no meaning at all and you have no evidence to support your claims. No need for a PM here, this is the end of the discussion.

Hi guys,

Everybody here complain about bugs that are still present on the latest patch. That's ok, we are here to give our little contribute on testing what could be the best game ever so far.

That being said, you (ROCKET) should look into the biggest issue around Dayz: Hacker/Cheaters. This game has no future, i can't play anymore because of hackers everywhere in every server, I don't mind to die and loose all my stuff, i am playing to report bug, give suggestions and why not, to have some fun..

If you don't start looking at a robust anticheat system, you won't have success with this game once the standalone version is released! I am pretty sure you are only developing new features and doing some bug fixing, and not putting your effort on the real thing that is ruining your mod!

Remember, once ppl pay for the standalone version you have no way to apologize regarding the poor quality of the anticheat system you are going to use.

For sure the standalone version will use the crappy shitty Battleye anticheat... good luck with it!

Edited by vIP3r

Hi guys,

Everybody here complain about bugs that are still present on the latest patch. That's ok, we are here to give our little contribute on testing what could be the best game ever so far.

That being said, you (ROCKET) should look into the biggest issue around Dayz: Hacker/Cheaters. This game has not future, i can't play anymore because of hackers everywhere in every server, I don't mind to die and loose all my stuff, i am playing to report bug, give suggestions and why not, to have some fun..

If you don't start looking at a robust anticheat system, you won't have success with this game once the standalone version is released! I am pretty sure you are only developing new features and doing some bug fixing, and not putting your effort on the real thing that is ruining your mod!

Remember, once ppl pay for the standalone version you have no way to apologize regarding the poor quality of the anticheat system you are going to use.

For sure the standalone version will use the crappy shitty Battleye anticheat... good luck with it!

Warz is that way ----------> dont break your legs crawling out the door.

• Like 2

Hi guys,

That being said, you (ROCKET) should look into the biggest issue around Dayz: Hacker/Cheaters. This game has not future, i can't play anymore because of hackers everywhere in every server, I don't mind to die and loose all my stuff, i am playing to report bug, give suggestions and why not, to have some fun..

DayZ is a mod, not a game. Rocket didn't create Arma2, so how can he fix every exploit opportunity? I agree that DayZ has issues, but the bigger issues at hand are the terrible artifacts that still haven't been fixed, just shrugged off and barked at. Well whatever, I think sometimes he needs to remember that without the community playing his mod, he wouldn't have his dream job. Hackers aren't a massive problem anyway, only if you play on the super-high pop servers. Play on the 10-20 servers like I do, plenty of fun, not seen a (successful) hacker in weeks.

I think rocket abandoned the game, since he can't seem to fix anything.

Some say that it was the God who has abandoned us...!

I thought that 1.7.2.5 will fix something, but only thing I saw is more bugs:

1.ARTIFACTS!! ITS CRAZY!!! same stuff as on MTV commercials lol, even worse than it was before, now I also see wild artifacts tress :|

2.TENTS NOT SAVING GEAR! on each server restart all my stuff disappears, lost my gear 6 times already :)

3.Tents duplicating, When I put 1 tent, save item in it, on next server restart all my items disappears and I got 2 tents.

4.I can't remove tent, its there even if I disassemble the tent and pick it up.

5.Can't save gear in vehicles, all gear removed after server restart.

6.Some times when server restarts vehicles and tents NOT spawn (saw this on 3 servers)

7.All the ammo bugs still there.

8.Changing skins gives me 1 spare backpack... :P

9.Animals disappearing when killed / when I try to kill it, really funny bug when you got no food and your food is blinking and the only cow you see disappears.

*EDIT*

10. Ha ha forgot the 15+ minutes wait time to log in to 50+ player servers.

this is what I found for now...

And I wanted to build a camp :thumbsup: :(

I think that DayZ Dev team work now on the standalone game...

Next time call it:

Hotfix Build 1.7.x.x trolling Update

Edited by DooM4MR

This is an example of the artifacting that happens to me. Looking down into Stary Sobor. Also happens at the medical camp west of Cherno, and the one in Cherno, NW airfield, and some other places with military corpses or barbed wire.post-75995-0-54444900-1345218316_thumb.ppost-75995-0-14347900-1345217896_thumb.p

Rocket, please, make the tents your next priority so i can love you again completely.

Not to mention the vehicles, that sometimes are not saving as they should, just like the tents.

I thought that 1.7.2.5 will fix something, but only thing I saw is more bugs:

1.ARTIFACTS!! ITS CRAZY!!! same stuff as on MTV commercials lol, even worse than it was before, now I also see wild artifacts tress

2.TENTS NOT SAVING GEAR! on each server restart all my stuff disappears, lost my gear 6 times already

3.Tents duplicating, When I put 1 tent, save item in it, on next server restart all my items disappears and I got 2 tents.

4.I can't remove tent, its there even if I disassemble the tent and pick it up.

5.Can't save gear in vehicles, all gear removed after server restart.

6.Some times when server restarts vehicles and tents NOT spawn (saw this on 3 servers)

7.All the ammo bugs still there.

8.Changing skins gives me 1 spare backpack...

9.Animals disappearing when killed / when I try to kill it, really funny bug when you got no food and your food is blinking and the only cow you see disappears.

*EDIT*

10. Ha ha forgot the 15+ minutes wait time to log in to 50+ player servers.

this is what I found for now...

And I wanted to build a camp

I think that DayZ Dev team work now on the standalone game...

Next time call it:

Hotfix Build 1.7.x.x trolling Update

These bugs were in the game before the update, and the only one that was meant to be fixed was ammo, and graphical errors.

I made the update. I start the game via the Arma II launcher now, but i still have these goddamn graphic glitches.. They are in CHerno, at the S- Airstrip, in Stary Sobor and the haviest bugs appear in Berezino. It'S impossible to play for me. MOst time i'm runnin backwards through these cities, i don'T see anything when i turn around. I know a few more people, who have the same problems like i do. Would it help if you just removed the "static dead zombie soldiers"? I don'T think that anyone would miss them ;) Btw.. the glitches and the Antialiasing settings must be connected in some way.. Sometimes they disappear if i deactivate Antialiasing, sometimes they become havier. I know it's a lot of work, but you really have to fix this, it'S horrible.

DayZ is a mod, not a game. Rocket didn't create Arma2, so how can he fix every exploit opportunity? I agree that DayZ has issues, but the bigger issues at hand are the terrible artifacts that still haven't been fixed, just shrugged off and barked at. Well whatever, I think sometimes he needs to remember that without the community playing his mod, he wouldn't have his dream job. Hackers aren't a massive problem anyway, only if you play on the super-high pop servers. Play on the 10-20 servers like I do, plenty of fun, not seen a (successful) hacker in weeks.

You're right, I know very well Arma2, however i was talking about the standalone version!

Also hackers are present even in servers with few players.. Today i faced two of them... The first one was in front on me and while i was aiming on that direction he spawned behind me and i died (only two ppl there me and the hacker), The second time i was teleported and killed together with the entire ppl on that server, straight after the server crushed..

Ok I'm lucky enough not to be suffering from the artifacts that seems to be happening due to the dead soldiers since update 1.7.2.4. I have Just been browsing youtube and a guy claims to have found a fix.

# Download the archive http://se1.dayz.nu/o...z_anim_v0.3.rar it contains two files from a previous build of the mod.

# Unpack the archive into your addons Folder ( ARMA2\@DayZ\addons ) always back up your old files first!!

Give it a go it may or may not work. I've not tried it myself because my game is running fine!

Possible artifact glitch fix!

I started to get some artifacts around Cherno after an hour of play so I tested this fix and it seems to work, no artifacs on my run from Kamyshovo to Balota then back to Elektro. The original youtube link is below, video is of the artifact glitch and is not helpful in anyway but hit the more info button for the fix. Please try this fix and post feedback if it works (please remember to back up the two files before overwriting)

Edited by vandal GAB
  • Like 1

This is NOT a good fix and people shouldn't advertise it. It just replaces the file with the bad textures with an older version of the file, which didn't corrupt those textures or whatever.

Yes, the bad textures are going away, but at the same time new textures and stuff that was added in 1.7.2.4 and 1.7.2.5 will be missing.

So you can have problems like not seeing the bandit clothing or other crap Rocket added but didn't tell anyone. There ARE differences between the anim file from 1.7.2.3 and the newer files that are not limited to just those bad textures.

You could even have issues with Battleye if it detects scripts or objects are missing due to them not being there. As an analogy, it's like editing the game files so you won't see any grass or leaves on the trees.

That's just it. There's 6 of us who play. We all did the same freaking thing, it worked for 4 people, not all of us. We tried other methods that came to mind, and as I said I had a friend of mine who's good at fixing shit like this (Stuff not running, or running incorrectly, etc.) and he (who also plays) couldn't figure it out either. So, I've given up on getting it to work on this machine at the present moment.

I'm not complaining that I can't update (I'm perfectly fine with not updating, the regular servers I play on are all still on .4 - no rush here), I simply cannot stand the fact that some people think that just because something works for them means it HAS to be a solution for everybody. Then again, my system has been running funny since I got windows 7. Took a year for me to be able to install Skype, and I haven't been able to use TeamSpeak at all. Even Rosetta Stone doesn't work properly on this pc when I had installed it on my OS drive - works on my storage drive just fine. I think I need a new HDD, and a fresh install of Win7, but since I lost my job in Feb, money's way too tight to warrant a purchase like that.

Also, for the record, I use the Six Launcher only to launch the game, I don't use the server join thing, cause I find it inaccurate at best.

So, what I'm getting at is that it's not that I"m doing it wrong, cause I've done everything a half dozen times at least (aside from complete reinstall, only did that once) and it still doesn't work. I'm also not saying it's the game's fault, or the mod's fault, or even that it's Joe Shmoe's fault in Jersey. All I'm saying is that SOME of us cannot get it to work regardless of "solutions" that are available. In my case, I'm 90% certain it's my 10 year old Hard Drive. So please don't be so quick on saying that someone's done it wrong. :)

etc...

i reckon i could get it going for ya. If you want me to talk you through it send me a pm. Its really not that difficult and wont take much time. :thumbsup:

This is NOT a good fix and people shouldn't advertise it. It just replaces the file with the bad textures with an older version of the file, which didn't corrupt those textures or whatever.

Yes, the bad textures are going away, but at the same time new textures and stuff that was added in 1.7.2.4 and 1.7.2.5 will be missing.

So you can have problems like not seeing the bandit clothing or other crap Rocket added but didn't tell anyone. There ARE differences between the anim file from 1.7.2.3 and the newer files that are not limited to just those bad textures.

You could even have issues with Battleye if it detects scripts or objects are missing due to them not being there. As an analogy, it's like editing the game files so you won't see any grass or leaves on the trees.

Yeah is properly not the best idea downgrading files, it's a temporary work around fix for those who cannot play at the moment, 1.7.3 and hopefully a solution from the Dayz team will be out soon. I'm pretty lucky I only get artifacts after a long play session, a simple change of video memory settings is enough to clear them, it must have something to do with available video ram.

Edited by vandal GAB

Try this

open cmd. If you dont know how to do this google it. (jeez)

then try these two lines each followed by enter (the Enter key).

(this is for steam version but im sure you can figure out what your path is if you have the DVD version...)

cd /D "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead"

(this makes your working directory the correct one)

"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors "-name=YOURPROFILENAME" "-mod=C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;expansion;expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;@DayZ"

(this one long line above runs the game)

Its that simple. The beta version of arma2oa.exe does not require steam to be running. So ignore steam. Likewise shitupdater.

If that works then create a batch file on your desktop (dayz.bat) edit it and paste these lines in. Save it and use that to run arma dayz.

Do manual file copies for dayz updates. Run the installer for beta patches. Beta patches from: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

/sigh

Tried the batch file already. For some reason it wouldn't work. I suppose I could try again, but I don't know what difference it would make now.

i reckon i could get it going for ya. If you want me to talk you through it send me a pm. Its really not that difficult and wont take much time. :thumbsup:

Appreciate the offer, mate, but as I said I'm in no real hurry to update, lol. This is simply a product of an old hard drive that has crashed too many times and has too many OS's on it. I'm used to it (As I said, I couldn't get skype to work for a year after i installed windows 7, and TeamSpeak still refuses to work). I'm sure if my steam directory was on my storage drive with the rest of my games it would work just fine. But... I'm not reinstalling 22 games.

Edited by Ipurgepeople

I really think most of what appears in this thread is the reason why most games/mods in alpha remain closed to the public until 2nd phase of Beta.....people need to get over it, if you dont like, dont play its that simple. I for one love the game, bugs or no and after playing for a while on the 1.7.2.5 patch haven't seen any further glitching as yet. Not to say its fixed, but seems better from my perspective.

Look forward to future enhancements and hope that the tone of parts of this community doesn't bring it all down.

Oh really.

• Like 2

Hotfix only to fix issues for the weekend

oh rocket.... first responsible for the 'longest hour on the internet', now the 'longest weekend'...

• Like 3

So Rocket still show his shiny ass around the world when DayZ go more down?

Great.

I notice more empty and half empty servers than usual.

Keep up the good work.

• Like 2

Here is my solution for all the whining\complaining\entitled little cunts on this thread. LOCK THREAD

• Like 6

... i stopped playing DayZ until the glitches are fixed. I thought about a week max at all... now it's like 3 weeks : /