rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

After updating I still have the graphical glitches in Balota airstrip and military tents. Will upload a screenshot if needed

Change the 3D Resolution in video options (Example from 100% to 88% ~ 87%) will fix temporarily.

This will probably be lost in the countless pages of this thread! However:

Artifacts still present on at least one server in Balota airfield (not present in another). Flush command didn't fix it. Neither did the adjusting default graphics memory trick.

Artifacts also noticed at the bridge south of Berezino. Looked like it was from dead soldiers.

Found a tent on a player I had killed and set up and saved with several items. Server restarted and gear was still in the tent. However when I added and removed some items after the server restart and saved, the changes were not saved when I checked two days later - however the original items that did save on the first server restart were there. So it looks like I have an endless supply of those items only! BTW - if you read this, well played to the two players that I killed outside the supermarket in Berezino on UK 105. You didn't log out and played it to the end. I was in a poor state and needed your gear after travelling from the south. It was clear you had emptied the western side of Berezino of loot and that was where I was headed.

First post for me and I have to say this game has created moments that no other game has even come close to. Outstanding!

Edited by Outlier
  • Like 2

well, i think the artifacting doesn't happen from the beginning of a session...no matter what settings are used...

today i was running around in balota with everything turned up to the max and there had been no artifacts at all...a few days ago i couldn't play there at all...

so i guess it depends on how much ram and/or vram (16gb/3gb in my case) is available and how much time it takes to fill it up.

last time i had those i had been playing for a few hours before i got somewhere close to dead soldier models and it got worse when i enabled anti aliasing (and therfore filling up vram even faster)...thus ppl with less ram/vram are prone to get artifacts earlier or from the get go...

this reeks of memory leak...

this could explain the differing degrees of affectation of different pc configs and mitigation when disabling certain memory hogging features (like fsaa) and why flushing sometimes helps removing them for some time...

maybe since 1.7.2.4 the mod tapped some capability of the engine it didn't before or in a way that the engine was not supposed to be used.

so either the beta needs to be fixed or the mod does need to cease using whatever feature causes that...

beta: 95883 (is it as bad with the more recent versions? didn't have time to test those yet...)

mod: 1.7.2.5

specs are attached

ps: i don't claim to know anything. it's just a theory and if it has been brought up already i'm sorry, but i won't read 94 pages just to make sure it is not redundant... :P

DxDiag.txt

To all of the nonstop bitching on this thread, its a fucking hotfix. 90% of the hotfixes i've ever seen caused more problems then they fixed, also this is NOT a mandatory update. Don't bitch about losing your shit and what not when you were the one who decided to manually install a hotfix that nothing was confirmed for, and as a million people on here have said already YOU made the decision to buy Arma 2 for a mod that was in early alpha stages. Anyone who bought minecraft with me when it was early alpha went through all types of problems and minecraft is a hell of a lot simplier then a mod like this. Also to all the bitching about the devs of this mod do you have any idea what it requires to make a mod like this, I mean seriously this is one fucking incredible mod bugs or not (hence over a million users). How about giving these people some credit for going out of their way and wasting hundreds of hours of their lives to make something entertaining for you, FOR FREE. And yes anyway you wanna look at it the mod is FREE. If you wanna be a part of an alpha test then that's your decision but you can't expect an alpha to deliver bug free game play PERIOD.

• Like 3

First Reaction :lol: ........... Playing Patch :) .................7 hours in :| ......... Patch was alright to me, was hoping for more but whatever good work though Rocket.

Anyone else finding tents are reverting to pre 1.7.2.5 each server restart after this patch?

About the 'FREE' thing, Rocket is employed by Bohemia Interactive, Arma II & OA have been selling like hotcakes because of DayZ. People are buying these games to play DayZ, Bohemia Interactive is reaping the benifits from it.

You are playing a free mod, but this is why the majority of the million plus accounts have purchased ARMA II & OA. Without DayZ ArmaII would not have had the sales it did the past ~ 5 months.

Bohemia Interactive is making a killing on their old game because of this mod. The bullshit about your playing for free is just that, The game developers employer is making a fortune off of this.

Edited by jelly2m8
  • Like 1

About the 'FREE' thing, Rocket is employed by Bohemia Interactive, Arma II & OA have been selling like hotcakes because of DayZ. People are buying these games to play DayZ, Bohemia Interactive is reaping the benifits from it.

You are playing a free mod, but this is why the majority of the million plus accounts have purchased ARMA II & OA. Without DayZ ArmaII would not have had the sales it did the past ~ 5 months.

Bohemia Interactive is making a killing on their old game because of this mod. The bullshit about your playing for free is just that, The game developers employer is making a fortune off of this.

Better them than the rest of the unimaginative suit monkeys that this industry call "developers".

Fuck off back to BF3 and Origin if you don't like it.

:emptycan:

• Like 2

Not sure about tents, but vehicles are infuriating at the moment. Two days in a row now, I've gathered up the parts to repair a vehicle I've found (Day one: UAZ - Day two: GAZ) and both times the vehicles have magically disappeared on server restart...before I've had a chance to add the final missing parts. I save everything at least ten times before I move on/log off. Anyone else having this issue with either repairable or fully repaired/hidden vehicles?

I would raise a bug report, but none of my submissions have ever made it to the forum, so it seems pretty redundant. Hopefully the devs will look at this instead of dogs? :)

Edited by DoctorWrongpipes
  • Like 1

To all of the nonstop bitching on this thread, its a fucking hotfix. 90% of the hotfixes i've ever seen caused more problems then they fixed, also this is NOT a mandatory update. Don't bitch about losing your shit and what not when you were the one who decided to manually install a hotfix that nothing was confirmed for, and as a million people on here have said already YOU made the decision to buy Arma 2 for a mod that was in early alpha stages. Anyone who bought minecraft with me when it was early alpha went through all types of problems and minecraft is a hell of a lot simplier then a mod like this. Also to all the bitching about the devs of this mod do you have any idea what it requires to make a mod like this, I mean seriously this is one fucking incredible mod bugs or not (hence over a million users). How about giving these people some credit for going out of their way and wasting hundreds of hours of their lives to make something entertaining for you, FOR FREE. And yes anyway you wanna look at it the mod is FREE. If you wanna be a part of an alpha test then that's your decision but you can't expect an alpha to deliver bug free game play PERIOD.

Better them than the rest of the unimaginative suit monkeys that this industry call "developers".

Fuck off back to BF3 and Origin if you don't like it.

:emptycan:

The longer I spend away from these forums the more disgusted I am by them when I check in. What a pathetic display.
  • Like 2

OMG hotfix?

I've never seen hot fixes that are made for two weeks and do not work.

I think the Rocket and the team just beat a couple of times with his fists on the keyboard, and then compile and release the whole thing as a hotfix.

Another explanation for this shit that's going on at the outset of development, can be given.

The counter on the frontpage is unrealistic an fake!

There are approximately 6000 servers for DayZ (this is extreme rounded up) and if one server has 70 Slots, that makes 420000 players IF ALL SERVERS ARE FULL!

The counter says there are approximately 1.100.000 unique IDs of players, all these Server could not even handle 50% of all players!

Are all servers constantly full? NO!

About 50% of all server are barely half full every day!

There are only a few servers which are full every day!

Where are all these players ?

In early June, there were about 200,000 players...and now they wants to tell us that in the last 2 months new 900.000 players are been added? LOL

The number on the frontpage is totally illogical!

• Like 1

There are approximately 6000 servers for DayZ (this is extreme rounded up) and if one server has 70 Slots, that makes 420000 players IF ALL SERVERS ARE FULL!

The counter says there are approximately 1.100.000 unique IDs of players, all these Server could not even handle 50% of all players!

In early June, there were about 200,000 players...and now they wants to tell us that in the last 2 months new 900.000 players are been added? LOL

cant tell if troll or complete moron

• Like 3

well i have not played lingor nor played since the new update or "test update". You have got to realize that you can tell everyone about how good lingor island is but once it catches on the hackers will start to gravitate towards those servers. if you haven't noticed the hackers only started to really become a problem when the game got more popularity. We can make suggestions all we want but in the end it's his final decision on whether he wants to try something new or not.

im sorry, but i dont have any problems with hackers :)

I'm guessing complete moron. :P

• Like 1

You can't tell it because I am neither. ;)

People who trust these counter are probably morons.

Edited by J0K2

....Dear...Fucking...God. Seriously, what in gods name is wrong with you people!? It's a MOD! GET OVER IT! A MODIFICATION! A MODIFICATION is something that has been changed and added onto and taken away from something else. So what if we are going to have to pay for it? Did we spend some money on a game that most of us don't give a good god damn about? Yup! But know what we also did? We let Rocket and the rest of the crew get the recognition they deserved. Think back, you're all a bunch of zombie and pvp survival fans. You came across this and you thought it was golden, well let me tell ya gold free. Do I think it'd be NICE of them to make it so that people who have already played this game, have accounts, and what not might get recognized in something like SIX SUITE so that it can keep record and maybe we get free passes? Yes. Do I think they deserve to go about their own way and make of this what they want? Most defiantly, I mean it's their creation, we've just shown our support for their creation. And hell, if you love this god all mighty creation so much? Then prove it. Go out, get off your chuckle fuck asses and make some money and buy the thing once it is stand alone. There is NO reason to show your asses on the internet like this. No reason once so ever. I might be on the forums themselves, but I do know when enough is enough and I've been following this B.S. from the first time I've heard about it. You lot need to stop, get over it, and go about your business. Quite frankly? What Rocket NEEDS is a good community, and if just because you can't get your free candy means ya wont stick around when ya gotta pay a little for it? I really can't say I'd mind you not being around, at least then more spots on servers will be open. Now then, why don't you all stop bitching about things that wont make a single good god damn difference and actually help the community? Report bugs, test things yourselves, go deal with hackers, apply to the community and help it become better. If ya really give a damn about this thing then you'll stop being selfish and let things play out how they do.

• Like 3

Hotfix only to fix issues for the weekend

SixUpdater will only host the update once we have confirmed we are satisfied with the update

Please do not grab this update, and then QQ because you can't find a server. Install to a new @dayz mod folder and use when servers become available

The ideal place to load bugs is at the community bug tracker:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/dayz

Please make sure they are listed to the DayZ project. Feature requests can also be made through this system.

Torrent File (Full Install)

Build Notes

HOTFIX : 8 AUGUST 2012

Affected addons:

* dayz_code 1.7.2.5

* dayz

* dayz_weapons

* dayz_equip

* dayz_anim

* dayz_sfx

* dayz_server (server admins only)

Changelog:

* [FIXED] Ammunition amounts not loaded in properly (Now records used ammunition correctly)

* [FIXED] Graphical glitches with barbed wire (Rebinarized file should no longer produce graphical artifacts) <FALSE

* [NEW] Additional optimizations to login process (further use of publicVariableClient to reduce network transmission)

* [FIXED] Respawn button not enabled when legs fractured (Now enables for fractured legs https://dev-heaven.net/issues/39161 )

* [FIXED] Excessive logging of player data in server logs (Disabled https://dev-heaven.net/issues/38784 )

* [FIXED] Graphical glitches with dead bodies (Rebinarized file should no longer produce graphical artifacts) <FALSE

BROKE vehicle saving

Psst.... Unique players doesn't mean total number playing right now.... Maybe I fell for a troll, if so 2/10 because I replied.

E.G. 3 people join a server, 2 leave and 5 more join half an hour later. Totals up to 8 unique player IDs, but only 6 people playing...

Edited by Cerbo Knight
  • Like 1

You can't tell it because I am neither. ;)

People who trust these counter are probably morons.

Yup, complete moron.

Here's a scenario to you my dear (this explanation is made easy JUST FOR YOU):

Let us say that a day has two hours, one of which half the world has daylight and the other where the other half of the world has night time.

Now imagine that in one half of the world the people are sleeping/not playing due to work.

Then imagine that in the other SOME people are playing the game simultaneously, while others aren't, because they for instance don't feel like it right now.

Let's say that amount is 100 players.

Now imagine the hour shifts, and about 100 players from the other side of the world are playing.

Now we have a total of 200 people playing (albeit not simultaneously).

Imagine then some complete moron saying there aren't ever 200 players, because he only ever has seen 50!

Apply this to a world with 24 hours per day and a couple of hundred countries, and hopefully you begin to imagine how it works.

But this explanation probably was too hard on you.

Edited by fisk

lol, way to bitch about people whining? yay for common sense not being common, but hey it was a good long winded rant i'll give you that ;). Maybe it will cause people to stop cause they clearly care about what you want to whine about as well, right? we ALL whine about something... period... ide rather read someones childish rant then someones mindless rant about ranting..

Even with out the patch installed people are still appearing with out their gear. I'm personally one that has dealt with it but am already over it but will still see it for what it is(a s***ty thing to have happen).. so over half his rant was literally just mindless emotions. god damn i love tools lol... but hey long as they pay money they're a great asset to the community... cause who kisses a** better then a tool that'll exaggerate?! im sure the dev's are ok with that kind of ranting compared to someone that will say something they don't like(truth or not).. considering i've literally read the forum moderaters whine about people whining as well... probably getting my self in trouble for typing that, its just such a cliche to see it in forums that i can't say im worried.. ide rather shoot it out there instead of ignore it..