rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

Sounds like the perfect time for me to go there then since no one listens to my tips on fixing it. I shall enjoy yet another week of NO glitching anywhere on the map since I found the fix for Nvidia users. Happy looting

It looks good and very quiet now lots of people cant play. Of course they would be able to if they just disabled AA and set vid memory to default. But of course most wont read or even bother to try this. Those I know with NVidia cards ALL found this fix to work.

You're such a jackass, I can't even handle it. Your fix doesn't work for everyone. Please go choke.

...and a few more undocumented changes...

[FIX] Coastal Loading: Have increased the frequency of random coastal spawns for existing characters from once in a great while to every other login or so.

[FIX] Zombies now ignore players sprinting around them within a 10m meter radius when not in direct line of sight, but will now aggro from 250m out if players are within line of sight even if the player is prone and making no noise.

[FIX] Loading Times: Have found the issue that allowed players to load into the game within five minutes; should now take 10-15 minutes as originally intended.

[NEW] Empty Inventory: When randomly loading existing characters on the coast, the loading algorithm now also has a random chance to load existing characters with a completely empty inventory. This should balance out tents and vehicles that don't save / or delete items on server restarts.

[NEW] Wildlife Apparitions: Dead wildlife from past DayZ gaming sessions will taunt players by re-enacting their gruesome deaths only to disappear as players approach.

Because what really helps in these situations is sarcasm and a general "fuck you" for the developers that are working to fix this game.

Send the staff a strongly worded letter. Thats your best bet of getting through to them. You don't accually think they read all this crap?

Dev1 - "Hey Any lets go "work" on dayz patch 1.7.2.6!"

Dev2 - "You mean play dayz for 8 hours and get paid?"

Dev1 - "Shhhhhhh man! Rocket will hear!........but yeah. Lets go thunderdome some newblets"

Rocket - "Hey guys! Ready to "work"?

Really? They're trying to make a living off of making this game a standalone reality, and you think that's what they do all day?

DayZ is falling apart from head to toe. :(

Not really. Not really at all. In fact, it's been improved many times, but with each step forward, trying to code a game for any possible hardware configuration and user will result in bugs. Unhappy? Go play any of the other, less-realistic and less-immersive zombie games that exist.

These fake "patches" that Rocket keeps releasing are getting horribly tired. This is why I started playing the Lingor Island map that some genius made. You can't alt-F4 out of combat, the FPS is SO much better, the zombies don't sprint at ridiculous speeds and actually run in a straight line... You can enter 90% of the buildings you encounter. I like how Rocket blames all these bugs on the "unforgiving Arma 2 engine" but clearly they are a product of his own lack of modding skill. Do yourself a favor and play the Lingor Island Map, it fixes everything Rocket fucked up.

Does it? For me it just deletes all my shit every time I go in the water because I want to get to the shore that's 15m away and don't feel like running for four hours to the nearest bridge. Some of us prefer playing in Chernarus.

And again, Rocket's trying to eventually make money, here; why would he release 'fake' patches when there are real bugs that need fixing. Think before you speak, 'else you wind up sounding functionally retarded.

This post has too much truth in it. Surely it will be deleted in a moment. Shit rocket fanboys are comming. lol

And here I am.

Are we ever going to address the ridiculous spawn conditions of zombies in this game? Today I had a zombie spawn INSIDE MY CHARACTER while I was stealthing around town, it instantly broke my legs and knocked me out. Fortunately I was able to Alt-F4 out and save myself because Rocket hasn't fixed that broken feature on the game yet either. Stop fiddling around with random bullshit and fix the stuff that matters. Your mod is seriously starting to take a dump.

If barbed wire is causing artifacts take them out of the game until it's fixed. If people can replenish ammo on their hand guns by breaking down and recombining the magazines then remove that feature from the game. Rocket stop adding half baked features that cause MORE problems and address the broken stuff in your game before DayZ takes even more of a shit than it already has.

That's really great; remove features that make sense in concept because they don't work in reality, and scrap the idea altogether, instead of putting them in an ALPHA, TESTING mod and letting your players report back on how your attempted fixes affect them. Really bright stuff here; you ought to get paid to tell these developers how to do their jobs better! Clearly, you know fucking everything about this stuff, and we all bow down to your infinite knowledge and wisdom.

Go choke.

The War Z is starting to look better and better

If you think the War Z looks better, go stare at the six screenshots of it that have been released and masturbate furiously at their website, but don't bitch at Rocket's.

Reference my post on page 64 or so for a hearty dose of ranting and more in-depth response to your ignorant bullshit. Rocket and his team are working at the pace they choose on a -free- game that we all enjoy playing, and that he wants to eventually make money on. If he's trying to make money on it, it wouldn't make sense for him to dawdle, would it? Stop acting like you know better and chill the actual fucking fuck out. Post lists of your system specs, video settings, and screenshots of glitches you encounter. If you don't know how, let everyone else do it and complain to your mother through your cell phone, not to us.

It will be fixed when it is fixed; no one has a magic button for this kind of stuff. These are not "fake" patches; this one worked for about a dozen people I know personally and many of the people posting here. However, it didn't work for others. That's what happens in an Alpha mod that's being tested by literally a million people with up to a million different system configurations.

TL;DR

Calm down.

• Like 7

just one request.......one.......little request......

FIX THE MOTHERFUCKING GRAPHICS ALREADY ! FFS this damn thing thing is unplayable!

and a heads up would be nice when the target date is * Wednesday 1 August 2012 (GMT) and you wait till NOW to release the fucking thing ! AND IT STILL DOESNT WORK.

im sorry i had to say that, its just so damn frustrating. i love this mod and cant wait for it to go standalone, but please just fix this one glaring issue.

Edited by Bean_counter

just one request.......one.......little request......

FIX THE MOTHERFUCKING GRAPHICS ALREADY ! FFS this damn thing thing is unplayable!

and a heads up would be nice when the target date is * Wednesday 1 August 2012 (GMT) and you wait till NOW to release the fucking thing ! AND IT STILL DOESNT WORK.

im sorry i had to say that, its just so damn frustrating. i love this mod and cant wait for it to go standalone, but please just fix this one glaring issue.

Because clearly, they're just not trying...

Want to help? Post your system specs, screenshots of the issue occurring, and you ARMA II video settings. Otherwise, cry elsewhere.

Because clearly, they're just not trying...

Want to help? Post your system specs, screenshots of the issue occurring, and you ARMA II video settings. Otherwise, cry elsewhere.

i5 - 560ti - 8gb ram- steam download (arma)

the same issue as everyone else, dead soldiers artifact and take up the whole screen. ive tried all of the fixes and it still wont work.

http://dayzguides.co...s-artifacts.jpg

^^ example, and mine is 10 times worse.

to ask a serious question, why cant he remove the dead soldiers for the time-being until a fix is found ?

Something that's been working for me and my friends on various systems: Set resolution and interface resolution to whatever's native to your monitor/GPU. Set video memory to default, set interface size to smallest setting. 100% success rate on an admittedly small sample of the population.

i5 - gtx570 - 4gb - steam version

manually updated (also the previous versions) ... but it doesnt work for me .. still have the artifacts in cherno and so on. the fix to change video details to default or change them helped just for a moment ... after some time the artifacts were back

what was the latest patch before the graphic issue ? i may install that and see if any servers are alive , i think they will be disconnected from the hive but id prob rather play like that till this is fixed, in a group there is always one person who has it wherever we go.

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Total available graphics memory 4095 MB Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB Dedicated system memory 0 MB Shared system memory 3071 MB Display adapter driver version 8.17.12.9053 Primary monitor resolution 1280x1024 Secondary monitor resolution 1280x1024 DirectX version DirectX 10

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Total Physical Memory 7.98 GB

Available Physical Memory 6.18 GB

Total Virtual Memory 16.0 GB

Available Virtual Memory 13.9 GB

Page File Space 7.98 GB

ARMA2

3d & Interface Res. - 1280x1024 (matches my monitor display res)

Video Mem.- Default (which I believe is equal to very high)

All other video settings enabled and on MAX

Performance

No glitches

Amazingly fast load times

Infected run slightly slower

Ammo doesn't refill on re-log

Humanity starts at 2950 doesn't change (I only kill infected)

Minor bug with changing clothes and backPacks

There is hope...the patch is a step in the right direction for me (and alot of others)

Edited by playZ
  • Like 2

Xtimes disconect and respawn on beach,grafics glitch dead bodies makes unplayable game.why i respawn on beach?when repair dead bodies discoteque?

Well I respawned on the beach of Kamenka with all my gear, problem is I have a male skin with a turban around his head when I was using the female skin. 0 murders 0 bandits killed 0 humanity but I'm miles away from my camp

I was female, I spawned at Kamy and I also had a turban. My stats were 0 like yours. I was like wtf. After a while the screen flashed (like you were changing clothes). I checked my char and the turban was gone?! dafuq, I did nothing.

Hey@all!

First of all thanks to Rocket for the great Mod and the Work for make it better.

Second: Sorry for the Bad english :D

and at last: Me and my Friends are on 1.7.2.5 and we all got the Graphicglitches BUT! since this update we figured out that when there are artifacts, we going to hide and minimize the Game with alt+tab. after that just bring it up again and the Artifacts are gone. Works for us every time. Its not the best solution but it helps alot, until the next Patch is available.

greetings!

cYa Swiffer

hm maybe i should try the latest driver for my nvidia gtx570 .. didnt come to my mind until now :rolleyes:

Reporting artifacts, from my mate. Pictures at NWAF.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/arma2oa2012081222003439.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/arma2oa2012081222000508.jpg/

I dont have personally problem there anymore, but at balota I had artifacts but not that bad.

Rebooting game or changing settings helps most of the time.

if i am up-to-date, then is this update is NOT going on in Six Launcher.

you have to update it by replace the files after Downloading the 1.7.2.5 Patch-RAR-File

EDIT: Btw: When you have manually updated DayZ to 1.7.2.5 and then launch Six Launcher, will brings you back to 1.7.2.4

Edited by SwiffeR

Still got some Problems i need to get comfirmed, we are a Team of 3:

Problems:

- Still got Artifacts on known Positions (will go away after using the Flush command 1-15 Times)

- If we get an MK 48 MOD 0 out of an Tent or Vehicle or Teammates Backpack our Coyote backpacks drop, works in other direktion too Pick up Coyote drop MK 48 MOD 0. ( Need this to confirm as Bug or Feature before Reporting on DEV)

- After a Friend died his HUmanity moved from 0 too -99000 dont think he was that bad lol , mine was at -7000 but that was ok since we both are Bandits

- Switching ammo Types still fills up ammo

- Loggin out and back in after shooting the last mag empty (close after this happens) gives a full Mag.

Edit: Nice Patch at all , love the better Path finding , Zombie Movement. And the thing the Ammo abuses where removed.

Edited by Paddy0610

The "Alpha Mod" card has been pulled too much. Download and play the Lingor Island map that someone made. It fixes all the problems Rocket fails to address and makes this game once again fun and playable. Zombies move in a straight line, no more game breaking artifact glitches, Frame Rates are smooth as butter even on a hundred man server and it's so nice being able to enter 90% of the buildings you encounter. Stop being a Rocket fanboy drone and download Lingor Island, you'll thank me later.

Stop lying man.

Frames are the same, and IF they are better at Lingor Island is because the map is much, much, smaller.<

The zombies still run in the same dodgy lines on Lingor.

Artifacts still exist in Lingor, btw.

Stop being a Lingor fanboy drone, you'll thank me later.

• Like 5

if i am up-to-date, then is this update is NOT going on in Six Launcher.

Is the hotfix EVER going to be on the Six Updater anytime this *weekend* or not? It hasn't pushed through the Updater as of yet for me.

Not yet it seems, but Play withSIX supports both the .5 and the .4 and sports a great many enhancements over SIX launcher. Edited by Sickboy
  • Like 1

Please fix the screen tearing!!!

Ermmmm turn vsync on. Tearing is not the issue we are discussing here, but artifacting which is not tearing but huge triangles and polygons stretching over your screen in pink and grey :) Turning Vsync on will remove screen tearing though

Who wants the glitches to be fixed?

Well I made my OWN workaround on this issue, though this brought me to have minor glitching with barbwire :D

NOTE THE FOLLOWING MIGHT CAUSE INSTABILITY OR MORE GLITCHES SUCH AS INVISIBLE BARRICADES ON ROADS.

I have my own patch that is called 1.7.2.5_3 the 3 is there because it uses the 1.7.2.3 anim.pbo and sign file. Simply using that file solved my problems with the soldiers on the servers that run 1.7.2.5/95883 and yet I tell you this now and not on the begining of the weekend and that is because I wanted to test this and also ABUSE my own GENIOUS THINKING to fix the problem. I am not here to flame on ROCKET (BEANS TO ROCKET ON TRYING TO FIX IT FOR ALL) Since I as a hobby web-developer know that when you add something you break something thats just how it goes and with the amount of scripting they have had to do for this mod it is way easier to look over something and break then to fix it once it broke even though rolling back the code would fix it but you would face the old issues again.

+ sides:

Faster loading time on servers

Improved bullet count

other small fixes

- sides:

glitching was not fixed on my HW with the original patch used my homebrew :D

HW specs:

XFX (ATI) 7770 (ATI CCC 12.6)

FX-8120 Bulldozer

8GB 1600 Kingston Genesis memory

those are the ones that most likely affect it

everything works fine for me like before.

except HIVE doesn't save cars and tents.

1.7.2.5 has screwed up tent/vehicle saving AFTER a server restart. These positions save just fine whilst the server is running, but restart it, and our server goes back to how it was in 1.7.2.4.

We're not the only ones... I have seen over 40 complaints of this now, through various hosts. This is a huge problem, of course.

When i logged in after manual update i was teleported to the coast with all my gear and stats intact..