rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

Guys just quick question, i really dont have time to read through the entire thread so do any of you experience endless loading screens (30 minutes+) ? Thanks !

Guys just quick question, i really dont have time to read through the entire thread so do any of you experience endless loading screens (30 minutes+) ? Thanks !

check if your beta patch version is the same as the server, if it isnt then you wont load in, it shouldnt take long, also double if not triple check that everything is up to date and the server is up to date with you using the same beta patch. if you have used any six program to install the mod for you then there is a high possibility it might cause the problems you have, even though people say it isnt causing problems for them.

installing manually if you havent already is the best and most secure way to go, i havent had any problems yet doing that.

• Like 1

I'm having the same problems Montwern :/

It started about mid afternoon.. Pretty weird.

Why not just roll the mod back to a patch where the graphical glitches didn't exist? It's not like anything has actually been fixed or changed in the last three patches.

• Like 1

Lots of servers still running 1.7.2.4, try reverting and play on those servers. The only issue I'm having is I keep respawning on the coastline, gear/counter intact.

• Like 3

Tested a bit more since I was bored, and decided to snipe campers that camp Stary Sobor Tents, there's a nice spot where you can observe the campers and snipe them.

But, the artifacts coming from whatever destroy the line of sight. Whatever was fixed, it isn't.

I tried several servers with Beta Build 95883 and DayZ 1.7.2.5, always graphical issues. If I restart the client itself the artifacts are gone in the first two minutes, or until the first LOD update happens on the affected models. Then it all goes down the drain. So: watching from far without zooming in = nice, using a scoped weapon and 'forcing' a LOD update because of: 'You're in range to maybe see something a bit more detailed!' = screwed!

this was the issue i had in 2.4, first i had the artifact all over the place, then in stary it was like it was fixed, but zooming with a sniper or binocs would give me the glitch, but looking at it without scoping and stuff, nothing.

i find it weird that it is still there, for me it isnt anymore, balota and cherno have been checked so far, and these 2 places always caused me the "look in the direction and be farged"

when installing dayz with the 2.5, did you delete the old dayz folder and then make a new one and insert the files into the @DayZ->addons folder? because in the old dayz folder there is this little thing called .rsync, and in this folder there is addons, and these addons are from 2.4 and even though they are rar filed, they will probably still mess up your game.

Did you also manually install? if not, try it out.

Stuck at Loading Screen ... never had this problem before ... i've replaced the files in the @DayZ Folder with the 1.7.2.5 files downladed from http://uk1.dayz.nu/latest/ and i have installed the 95883 patch downloaded from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php ...

For those who have this problem aswell try this:

1. Delete all files from your @DayZ Folder

2. Start Six Launcher as administrator

3. try to connect to a server

4. close game

5. check if files in @DayZ Folder have been recreated

6. Delete all files from @DayZ Folder

7. Replace them with 1.7.2.5.

Fixed it for me (dont know if 2-5 are necessary)... My character is in Komarovo now ... :-( ...

Maybe I'm just lazy but I don't want to read through the 20 pages that were added since a couple hours ago.. Can't there be a locked announcement thread where we can read the latest news? All these comments could be reduced to 2 pages if you take out all the whining.

• Like 6

Artifacts are pretty bad. My city of choice is Berezino and I always get artifacts there but since the patch it takes up my whole screen. Looks like ugly abstract art.

is that respawning at the beach happening for everyone?

maybe that's a "hidden change for teh lulz" that rocket suggested. now go get ur vehicle that you stashed up north west! :D

• Like 1

Best thing is to just remove these damn dead bodies and barbed wires. Seriously they don't add anything to the game at all they are just annoying. I doubt anyone disagrees with me.

• Like 4

Best thing is to just remove these damn dead bodies and barbed wires. Seriously they don't add anything to the game at all they are just annoying. I doubt anyone disagrees with me.

im having a hard time disagreeing with you, so i must say that i agree. right now i think the mod is at a crossroad and im curious about the next week to see if it survives or dies.

Edited by Zyfer
  • Like 1

Watching from Balota (Thanks for fixing Balota respawn) to Chernogorsk. Same at Balota Airport. Changing video memory and AA didn't change a Duck.2rojbrr.jpg

Edited by Snaiperskaya

Regarding 95883, the constant respawning seems to be a real problem. Was in Staroye before i updated to 95883 (without 1.7.2.5, still on 2.4 as SL hasn't updated yet) and after i updated and relogged i was in Otmel, hot off shortly thereafter not moving 1 step. I relog 10 minutes ago and I'm on the island with the boat dock just south of Kamyshovo and just east of Otmel, and this time i have a fracture? All my gear is there and the like (i think i had maybe 1-1.5k less blood too...) Climbed to the top of the fishing hut, killed a zombie, climbed back down to the first floor, accidentally fell MAYBE 2 feet, broke my legs and was incapacitated? Like wtf... Luckily i didn't die but w/e.

Seems 95883 and 1.7.2.5 are plagued with issues.

EDIT: just logged back in and i was incapacitated again even though there's nothing wrong with me?

edit2: and then ii managed to aggro a zombie while incapacitated and laying in some brush and i died....

Edited by Littleassassin2

OK, a friend of mine updated to latest version of the game, had the latest beta patch and still got artifacts.

It wasnt until he turned off V-Sync in game and restarted that the artifacts dissapered.

All grapics settings are on high. Hope this helps.

Stuck at loading?

Steam + Six Launcher?

Read on, I might have a solution for you:

Six Launcher was reverting my version to 1.7.2.4 at "verify" every time.

I let it "update" to 1.7.2.4 and when the "Launch" button becomes available, I jump to \steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons and overwrite all the files with the new 1.7.2.5

Then I click on "Launch".

It has been working on new and old servers without fail.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Edited by BillyNero

Retest this morning:

Deleted all files in @DayZ/Addons

Installed new download of 1.7.2.5 files into @DayZ/Addons

Running beta 95883

*Anti-aliasing off (and always has been). Again, prior to this update I did not have the glitches.

*I do not use Six Launcher (it's not even installed).

*Launched to Main Menu with DayZ Commander.

*Changed and reset video options at the main menu before going to mulitplayer and choosing a server.

Server running 1.7.2.5 and beta 95883

Outside Berezino:

http://imgur.com/wwL...8,dVPE5,LLKF4#0

Flushes, resetting video memory, alt-tabbing did not fix the problem. The first flush actually made the problem worse.

5th shot is the same area as the 1st shot before zooming in. Shots 2, 3, and 4 are the same area : 2 being the not zoomed in one.

The area being looked at in 2, 3, and 4 is an area of road covered with several tank traps. Hard to tell if the issue is from those or bleeding over from the hospital or military tents.

Edited by EliJRn
  • Like 1

Hotfix only to fix issues for the weekend

SixUpdater will only host the update once we have confirmed we are satisfied with the update

i'm waiting for the 6 Updater to update, most servers changed allready

Rocket does. He thinks barbed wires are fun and challenging.

• Like 1

About 6-7 hours I have logged in since this update and I sitll have not had any graphics glitches.

The only glitch I had was after about 5 hours I spawned at Dakan (I was at NW Airfields).

I have tried goign to NW Airfield, Stary Tents, Cherno and Electroz and ZERO graphcis glitches now.

The only place I have not been that usually gives me graphics artifacts is Bolata, all the others I mentioned above I now get no artifacts (i have joined 30+ different servers to try and get the graphics artifacts back and no luck).

Something helped me, I hope another quick update comes out so everyone can be artifact free! Its wonderful to not get a headache now when doing near NW Airfield and Stary now :D

Besides the random spawn to Dakan down south (from NW Airfield) this has been a fantastic update for me! The loading times to join servers has been cut in half for me and also the graphics issues as fixed (which was my bigggest issue the last few weeks).

**I did have to go to main menu and then turn my overall graphics settings to medium and then back to high, also turning off AA and Vsync. Since I did that ive had no graphics glitches in just over 6 hours playtime) Changing graphics settings IN GAME did not work, I had to go to main menu and change overall settings and then back again directly after installing arma2 beta. I actually tried to replicate it by going back to previous arma2 beta and same thing, I had to do the above to get rid of the glitches 100%**

Just posting so maybe the devs can get an idea! Maybe this helps who knows!

I have latest versions of both dayz and arma2 beta, tried joining numerous different servers and also 5-6 different gaming sessions where I exited the game and came back later on

Here is a screenshot of NW airfield where i use to get TONS of artifacts (I joined random server after random server and ran frmo barracks to barracks to see if glitches would come back but they wouldnt)

5ewbrn.png

28m2sz6.png

28hgy0y.png

The last week or two I would get CRAZY graphics glitches at these spots, so bad that I could not even walk or do anything! Now as you can see its gone. I tried everything from zooming in with my gun to where the glitches use to be the worst and also running INTO where the glitches use to be and still gone.

Edited by kozzy

Artifacting is back

Agree 100%, just remove them, or at least until you can get them to work. Same with barbed wires, if it doesn't work right, take it out, and just let people play the mod without horrendous artifacting!

• Like 1

I just have to ask, did this update destroy our tents and veichles? Mine are just gone, totally gone after the patch. Is this a server issue, will they be back after the server is reset or are they gone forever and ever?

Greets from Norway.