rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

Finally somebody in this forum who has a brane! Well done Sir, have some beans!

"Braaanes"

Edited by (NGG) Toby

did you try to roll back to 95819? with 95883 i find hardly any servers

You don't need to roll back. You want to do a total mess? Every new beta version is compatibile with previous ones.

Any feedback on graphical glitches being gone or not would be very greatly appreciated. If we can confirm they are gone I will announce the update on twitter and we will release on SU.

Absolutely none for me in Cherno, Elektro nor Balota, which is where I had seen them almost every time (haven't been to NW airfield today).

Joined 26 servers now, ALL had zero graphics glitches at NW AIrfield (the usual spot where i have gotten graphics glitches for the last awhile non stop).

well, gr8.

Ive been playing for about a month, never once had a hacker while I was on (lucky I guess).

Now, with 1725, not only are the graphic bugs still there (NWAF = bugs for me, but not for my mate; Stary = bugs for my mate, not for me), but two hackers in one day (1st thunderdome and 2nd some other location that all ppl get teleported to. this is BS.. :/ )

fed up for now..

Can people please confirm if this is the case for them?

Be SURE you updated ALL YOUR FILES.

This is very important. The closed test indicated that nobody who was experiencing graphical glitches before was with this update, so if that is not the case I need to know ASAP.

still getting the graphical glitches around cherno and balota airstrip haven't traveled much further as off yet to check other places

Lies!

Its 100% fixed for me, been on over 30 servers on todays arma2 beta and the beta before.

I have been at NW airfeild the most but I also went to Stary to near the tents as those are the two spots where i get the graphcis glitches the worst.

No issues now though at all for me.

I dont use Six Updater or anything like that, just update manually.

I also had to exit the server I was in and go to MAIN MENU and changed my overall graphics settings.

Now I cant even replicate the graphics glitches no matter how hard I try! I am joining every server on the list to see if I can find the graphics glitches again but none!

Edited by kozzy

Six updater updates, but the displayed version Number wont change and when i try to join a server with the actual patch it says "outdated server". If i try to join this server i get stuck in the loading screen after the lobby.

SU is still using 1.7.2.4

the update you saw was it updating the Arma beta

Edited by daze23
  • Like 1

You don't need to roll back. You want to do a total mess? Every new beta version is compatibile with previous ones.

you must be quite new to this... i just installed 95883 and i hardly found any servers (maybe 150 with version 1.7.2.4). aswell the video in the main menu lagged a bit for me. so i rolled back to 95819 and everything is fine for me now. i can find all the servers, the main menu doesnt lag. there were quite a few occasions when the newes beta patch didnt work well in the last 3 monts iam playing this game.

I'm still having severe graphical glitches anywhere that soldier bodies are present, beyond that I haven't found anything too bad so far

To everyone that is still have trouble with artifacts, when i first updated to 1.7.2.5 and logged into a server I was still getting them as well, i messed around with a bunch of video settings and even tried the flush thing, but nothing worked. So I went to my @dayZ folder and deleted everything in the folder instead of overwriting it and pasting the new 1.7.2.5 files into the folder and now after i logged in the artifacts were all gone even after messing with my video settings I could not get them to return (I played for about an hour to make sure they wern't just not loading so I went to the airstrip in Balota and then i headed to the middle of cherno and in both areas I palyed around with video settings to try and get them back but couldn't). So please try this and report if this helps thank you :)

EDIT: forgot to add I only tried this on 2 different servers

Edited by Bl00g000

Not sure if this is meant to be or not but... My backpack isn't showing up. I had just spawned in a new character before the update, and now I have a turban thingy like I'm a bandit... and my backpack isn't showing on my back, even though I have one.

Edit: My dude just flashed as if I changed clothes, now the turban is gone and my backpack appeared.

Edited by ShiZaNkY

Joined 26 servers now, ALL had zero graphics glitches at NW AIrfield (the usual spot where i have gotten graphics glitches for the last awhile non stop).

for most people the artifacts appear after playing for awhile. so just jumping to different servers isn't a good test

Hi, I see a lot of people still have issues with artifacts (I havent been able to play with the new update yet myself) but before instead of changing my video memory I've been doing, hold left shift, press "-" on the numpad, then typing "flush" (sometimes multiple times to achieve a playable state) and it seems to achieve the same effect without having to flip around my video options. Slightly easier way to deal with a very annoying bug or if its something i shouldnt be doing id love to know

-Also i dont know if its a factor or not but people should be deleting their old beta patch folders to ensure a clean install for the newest patch, C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion, delete "beta" and then install the new patch (obviously for steam or wherever you decided to install)

Edited by Spelonkar

Oh, and in addition to the still present graphics issues, I now spawn on the beach every time I log into the game.

Was this the 'unannounced' surprise for 'lulz'?

I feel sorry for Rocket he is realy trying to fix the mod and telling ppl exacly how to update the mod and ppl still beeing retards and cant do it correctly.

• Like 2

Finally got 1.7.2.5 95819 after an hour of looking through this post finding out which files go into what folder now everytime i try logging into a server with the same version i get kicked? my friends still runnin 1.7.2.4 saying "see u should've waited" what happened? can i go back to the old version i was playing 2 hours ago

I've went back to the 1.7.2.4 stopped getting kicked but stuck at loading screen. had to edit file in Arma 2 OA adding ;@dayz thats sorted it out im back i wonder if adding the ;@dayz after i installed the hotfix wouldve worked? but er,

Somehow i'm at the beach inbetween Cherno and Elektro when i was on a hill overlooking Stary, found a M24 at a deerstand east of green mountain edge of the tree line last night now im garuanteed to lose it i've never found nvg and im wearing a camo suit i might as well just drop it.

Im just happy to be back on after the last 3 hours ive had i swear this game is too powerfull, ive went longer without a smoke and never swore so much

Note to the newbies... if ur surrounded by bandits press . and see what happens when you sit down, 4 out of 5 times this has saved me after with the " haha your cool you can go on your way"

Edited by stonerftm

Wanted these bugs fixed by the weekend.

There is some undocumented changes also for the lulz

Baha, oh jesus

My brother and I are so glad (as long as the artifacts are really gone) that was such a game breaker we wouldn't even go near some towns because the artifacts :/

Hi, sorry to sound stupid but where exactly do I save this file? I've downloaded the torrent but I'm not too sure where to place it.

Thanks for your help!