rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

i seem to keep spawning at cherno/ shore spawns when i was the the damn airfield ridiculous

Just thought I'd add my experiences on this terrific, and well tested patch.

Me and 3 clan members logged in. All except me spawned at the coastal spawn points. 2 AS50's deleted, SVD Camo deleted, and one whole backpack deleted. All artifacting points still giving artifacting.

Oh, and we're not even on 1.7.2.5. Nice.

• Like 1

i seem to keep spawning at cherno/ shore spawns when i was the the damn airfield ridiculous

Every time you log in?

Also, what is the new patch, 95819 or 95883?

edit: I've tried both and i'm getting either the endless loading screen or the "you were kicked by blach blach blah reason: client not responding" wtf :(

Edited by Littleassassin2

Just thought I'd add my experiences on this terrific, and well tested patch.

Me and 3 clan members logged in. All except me spawned at the coastal spawn points. 2 AS50's deleted, SVD Camo deleted, and one whole backpack deleted. All artifacting points still giving artifacting.

Oh, and we're not even on 1.7.2.5. Nice.

It's truly stunning

• Like 2

i got the artifacts in chernogorsk and balota, but a quick flush got rid of it, but in balota i saw that there were smaller remnants of the artifacts surrounding small groups of dead soldiers slightly sunken into the ground. and also the wire fencing artifacts are gone it seems, but the main culprit seems to be the half-underground dead soliders

Also, what is the new patch, 95819 or 95883?

The one with higher number is the older one :)

They keep going till it gets to zero...then your head explodes. :P

Edited by playZ

Anyone else getting kicked to the starting points. I troed to log on a server and stuck at load then I log in another server and see yself standing at the spawn locations, this has happened 3-4 times now. Did they change that if you log out you are auto at the respawn locations?

I was running 1.7.2.5 earlier today , and was fine. Later on that day, I was stuck at 'loading' on several servers. So I downgraded to 1.7.2.4. Still no luck. It turns out the beta was the problem, and removing the beta folder and reinstalling the beta fixed it. The only thing was, I spawned at the shore instead of my original location.

I would suggest deleting the beta folder from your expansions folder, and deleting all the files on the addons folder in the @dayz folder. Install fresh version of the mod and beta, and you will spawn on the beach one last time, and you should be OK. Also - make sure your server matches the current beta.

Everything else is pretty much out of your control and is DB related. This worked for me and several of my friends. YMMV.

Edited by Chambers

Also, when using six launcher, is anyone getting the message, and i

"Warning: This server seems to be outdated, would you like to join anyway?"
The server's that i'm trying to use are 1.7.2.5 and are running the 95883 beta.

No artifacts for me...but I have.....

A. successfully installed 1.7.2.5 update

B. successfully installed 95883 beta

C. Only have played on servers with the correct beta.

Also load times for me are super fast.

The server's that i'm trying to use are 1.7.2.5 and are running the 95883 beta.

I had this issue earlier today.

Are you sure you successfully installed update???

Join a 1.7.2.4 server. Once in the lobby disconnect.

When you get to the ARMAII menu screen what version does it say???

Edited by playZ

No artifacts for me...but I have.....

A. successfully installed 1.7.2.5 update

B. successfully installed 95883 beta

C. Only have played on servers with the correct beta.

Also load times for me are super fast.

I have everything up to date as well (even servers) and I'm getting just the opposite effect.

Artifacts are still rampant in the same places for me....it's as if nothing changed with the update, at least in this respect.

Edited by Jony_RocketInMyPocket

For some reason it says im running version 1.62.95883 which is correct but i still have 1.7.2.4 for some reason

Six Updater was giving me issues a month ago with the new patches,etc.. so I just deleted that crap, nothign but problems for me when it comes to DAYZ.

All I do is update arma2 beta and dayz updates manually (put the days files in the @dayz folder under steam/arma2/etc.. and then for arma2 beta after I install the exe I move the ao2.exe file from steam/arma2/expansion/beta and paste it into the main arma2 folder and replace it).

For my launch info I have it as "-mod=@dayz -nosplash"

You must have six updater fully uninstalled though or else it still says the wrong version.

With the steps above it says the newest version,etc... and works fine when joining the servers.

Me and 4 of my friends on steam who DONT have Six Updater are playing fine after updating manually. My other friends (around 10 or 12 of them) who use six updater are not able to join any of the newest update servers and it still says 1.7.2.4

For me and my other friedns not using SU it says 1.7.2.5

try this. It worked for me

Edited by playZ

Just confirming the graphical glitching is still happening here too.

Im not sure if anyone has discovered this quick & easy fix though?...

I noticed (purely by accident) when I ALT + TAB out of the game and then back into the game that it fixes the glitching. Each time Ive tested this I was looking directly into a graphical glitch.

If you do this, remember to press ESC to bring up the menu screen first otherwise when you ALT+TAB back in you may accidendly fire your weapon.

I logged into a server with the latest beta version (95883) and DayZ version (1.7.2.5) as my female character. I had the bandit mask but the debug monitor was reset as it does when you change skins, so I relogged. Upon entering the game again I had become a male with bandit mask. I'm now permanently a male, though have yet to equip a ghillie or camo. If it results in any odd bugs I'll update this post.

Just went to Green mountain and on my way up the dirt path huge artifacts appeared which turned out to be coming from barbed wire, after I passed it they were gone. at the actual outpost artifacts appeared in almost every direction which I guess are the dead soldiers. Almost forgot when going by Bolota airstrip and there was terrible artifacting as well. I have patch 1.7.2.5 and beta 95883.

Edited by Trollbot.exe

For people who purchased through Steam and have been using six updater (LIKE ME :)) and are having issues..

1. Unistall six Updater COMPLETELY!!

2. Install latest beta patch if it's not already.

3. In steamAps\common\ARMA2oa folder...copy the ARMA2oa.exe file and put it in a new folder called "back up"

4. In the steam\steamApps\common\ARMAIIOA\expansion\beta copy the ARMA2oa.exe and paste into main game folder..overwiting original

you just backed up

5. In steam library right click ARMAIIOA and select properties then click Set LAunch Options type--"-mod=@dayz" no quotations

6. launch from steam

Edited by playZ

whats your humanity at? I got 4607 and no skin :( I assume its like a 5000+ thing?

My humanity is at 8411...I am wearing camo though, so maybe it doesn't show up? I'd love to know what your humanity level has to be at before you get this.

Interestingly, my friends all had humanity between 2-3000. They said it went up the more zombies they killed...Mine stayed the same regardless of how many zombies I killed.

Does this mean that our humanity level is persistent and is carried with us from life to life? I haven't killed any bandits in this life...

Edited by soapmak3r

For people who purchased through Steam and have been using six updater (LIKE ME :)) and are having issues..

1. Unistall six Updater COMPLETELY!!

2. Install latest beta patch if it's not already.

3. In steamAps\common\ARMAIIOP folder...copy the main.exe file and put it in a new folder called "back up"

4. In the steam\steamApps\common\ARMAIIOA\expansion\beta copy the ARMAIIOA.exe and paste into main game folder..overwiting original

you just backed up

5. In steam library right click ARMAIIOA and select properties then click Set LAunch Options type--"-mod=@dayz" no quotations

6. launch from steam

Well what if I use Steam to launch DayZ (like you), BUT also have Sixupdater installed on my pc just for sh@ts and giggles? Does that make any difference in relation to your fix? Because I am still getting graphical issues even with using Steam, and manually updating the mod as well as the Arma 2 OA build.

Edited by Jony_RocketInMyPocket

How do you install updates? I'm getting tired of stupid glitches. Anyone tell me how too? I can't open the torrent anyways PLEASE HELP :(