rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

I haven't played in a week. Finally got around to installing this patch and I noticed some quirky things.

- My humanity was at 207 when I logged in, and I had no bandit skin. I have no idea why my humanity was that low to begin with, as I've only ever had 2 or 3 murders ever playing dayz. Plus, I've given others countless bandages, morphine, blood tranfusions. I only played for a hour today, but killed about 10 zeds and my humanity went up to 705. It jumped from 500 to 705 while I was running through the woods. Does humanity go up over time on it's own?

-Picked up an alice pack at the market in elktro. It managed to dup itself. So not only did I have the alice pack, but there was another one on the floor. It never deleted itself from the spot where I picked it up.

Here is my experience over the past few days.

1.7.2.5 cured all of my graphical issues and I haven't had one instance of tearing since installing it, however it seems to work better with certain patches.

1.7.2.5 + patch 95819 = solid performance with an average of 40-42 fps

1.7.2.5 + patch 95883 = unacceptable performance with an average of 20-25 fps

1.7.2.5 + patch 95913 = the old DayZ again of 1.7.2.3 with beautiful performance and average of 60-70 fps

Loaded patch (via torrent) and newest arma 2 beta Sunday. Before this patch I had only a few graphic glitches (around Starry and sometimes Bolata). But now I cant even go to the NW airfield. The whole places glitches out into three or four big polygons. There were 5 of us at the NWAF and 3 of us couldnt even go in due to the artifacts. Mixture of graphics cards as well so it wasnt one particular card or chip.

Also...played a few hours Sunday... logged in my teams camp. Logged in yesterday and BAM... Im in debug grasslands. Reload and spawn in at beach with Ghillie suit and NOTHING else (lost my NVGs, M249, GPS...and other good gear). No big deal... but just wanted to bug report that.

Edited by FAAmecanic

Bugs I have found in 1.7.2.5 :

- Tents do not save after server restart. They are put back to how they were in 1.7.2.4

- Vehicles (locations and inventories) do not save after a server restart. Also put back to how they were in 1.7.2.4

- Graphical glitches even worse on military zombie corpses. Can fix by changing random graphics settings but they generally go again later on.

- Strangely spawning on coast 1 in 10 times

- Putting on a Ghillie Suit or Camo Suit with large Coyote pack swaps it out for an empty noob coyote pack

All in all, the hotfix build is hotf*cked.

To add to this, changing to bandit from basic also swaps your pack. And deletes everything you had (which is nice).

Zombies seem to have a 50/50 chance of seeing you at 200m+ in Ghille suit crouched. at 100m+ they can see you laying down. Dont know if any view ranges have been altered in the patch, it just happened around Balota.

Graphics glitches as everyone else says, However i logged in at Balota this morning and didn't experience a single tear/glitche/bad polygon, usually its that bad you can't walk or drive (as evidence from the pickup under the lorry :( )

2x 560TI's in SLI 1GB VRam Each overclocked to 1Ghz Core / 2Ghz Shader / 2.4Ghz Memory, AMD 1100t Overclocked 3.8Ghz all cores, 8GB Ram overclocked to 1.8Ghz (900mhz) 9/12/12/24 1T, Windows 7 x64, Mushkin Chronos SSD, not using a launcher.

I was getting the graphical glitches at first after updating (posted this earlier). Now on 1.7.2.4 and 1.7.2.5 I'm getting them very rarely after simply changing the Video Memory to Default in the Video Settings. They are not anything like they were and I can go into military areas again. If they do pop up using Shift - (num pad) and typing flush seems to cure it when they do come back for me. Hopefully this might help some others out there with the issue.

This works for me everytime i get the artifact glitching. Have my beans

* [FIXED] Graphical glitches with barbed wire (Rebinarized file should no longer produce graphical artifacts)

Why not instantly the fukll graphic bug? i've lost soooooo freaking much stuff thanks to this , and i still dont get it why 2.5 doesnt has that fixed. Annoys me to hell honestly

Bugs I have found in 1.7.2.5 :

- Tents do not save after server restart. They are put back to how they were in 1.7.2.4

- Vehicles (locations and inventories) do not save after a server restart. Also put back to how they were in 1.7.2.4

- Graphical glitches even worse on military zombie corpses. Can fix by changing random graphics settings but they generally go again later on.

- Strangely spawning on coast 1 in 10 times

- Putting on a Ghillie Suit or Camo Suit with large Coyote pack swaps it out for an empty noob coyote pack

All in all, the hotfix build is hotf*cked.

this

Could it be that the graphical glitches are based on the brand of your graphiccard? all my friends with a NVIDIA card encounter no problems, but with ATI/AMD cards like i have one, there are glitches?!?!

i have nvidia, its just purely this mod being a dumass to us right now, trust me soo many people have it.

Let this be a warning for the stand alone game. You will get screwed with glitches and waiting for patches.

let this be an indicator of a gamer who doesn't understand how game development works. EVERY game ever made at alpha stage is a complete clusterfuck of bugs.

your attitude is both selfish and a bad fit for game testing. You don't get it.

Besides all of that, you don't seem to realize that almost every game that goes gold and released for full retail is rife with bugs and balance issues these days (and by these days, I mean since the dawn of gaming).

I waited 6 months for a patch fix for bf3.

time to go back to the kiddy pool jr. you're drowning.

• Like 3

my fps have dropped of a cliff. im LUCKY to get 20, thats a spike for me currently, and every 4 or 5 steps even in a forest i get sharp dips down to 5-7 fps. makes it really hard to do anything, and i currently stand no chance in any kind of pvp encounter. and no, its not my system. dont know if its the recent update or beta.

will this be different in the stand alone? or is the arma3 engine going to have the same kind of difficulty? monitoring my resources it seems arma2 only uses about half of what i got, and changes settings seems to have no effect. is there a way to make the game take advantage of the resources it for some reason does not use? i just cant justify spending money on it, even just $5, especially to my wife.

on the bright side, i still have 0 other graphic glitches. to bad i cant move or would damn near be alone in the airfields!

EVERY game ever made at alpha stage is a complete clusterfuck of bugs.

Right, but the games of which you speak are'nt released at this "clusterfuck of bugs"-Alpha and certainly not sold for money! As it will be with the standalone version of DayZ!

Edited by J0K2

The patch seems to have fixed my graphical glitches. Sunday, before I updated, I couldn't walk inside the fence at NWAF without a screen full of vectors, but this morning after updating (and getting into a server almost instantly) I ran down the whole north side of the AF with no issues what-so-ever. I did notice soldier bodies only appearing when I was in very close proximity though. I have an nVidia GTX570ti 2GB (I know some said 2gig cards seem to have better luck). I used DayZ commander to update, and filter for 1.7.2.5 and 95883. Everything worked like a charm so far. My first time getting on Sunday (when I thought I was on "5" but 6L put me back on "4") I spawned at the coast will all my gear. I haven't logged into enough servers to see if I'll have any issue with 5 now that I am REALLY on it. I'll keep testing.

Video memory is on Default

Resolution 1920x1080 for both.

VSYNC on

I tried it with many different settings, but those three constant, and no graphical issues at all at NWAF. I'll try more servers and Starry, NEAF, and Berezino tonight. No report on tents, cars and the like, but I'm sure that will be the same as everyone else. I have no tents (ditched our camp as soon as they went screwy) and no car.

let this be an indicator of a gamer who doesn't understand how game development works. EVERY game ever made at alpha stage is a complete clusterfuck of bugs.

your attitude is both selfish and a bad fit for game testing. You don't get it.

Besides all of that, you don't seem to realize that almost every game that goes gold and released for full retail is rife with bugs and balance issues these days (and by these days, I mean since the dawn of gaming).

I waited 6 months for a patch fix for bf3.

time to go back to the kiddy pool jr. you're drowning.

Uh Oh Rocket Drone Alert. I love how you people lash out at anyone who posts something that conflicts with your own opinion.

Yea, most(All?) games have lots of bugs when in Alpha phase. I think we all understand this, but it's a completely different thing to release a game in Alpha and charge money for it. Just because Notch pulled it off doesn't mean someone like Rocket who has proven he's incompetent at fixing and updating his game can do it.

You people are such sheep. Rocket is re-releasing the same mod, using the same buggy engine, STILL IN ALPHA MODE, (The same mod that he never updates and has failed to put into a playable state for the last 2 months) and he wants you to pay money for it. Are you people fucking retarded?

* [FIXED] Graphical glitches with barbed wire (Rebinarized file should no longer produce graphical artifacts)

Why not instantly the fukll graphic bug? i've lost soooooo freaking much stuff thanks to this , and i still dont get it why 2.5 doesnt has that fixed. Annoys me to hell honestly

Man, if you are losing stuff or getting annoyed by this bug, just stop play for a couple days and then return, i did this when the tents were "eaten" by the server and i'm still here

@ arkaeus

haha :emptycan:

Edited by Bezki

Uh Oh Rocket Drone Alert. I love how you people lash out at anyone who posts something that conflicts with your own opinion.

Yea, most(All?) games have lots of bugs when in Alpha phase. I think we all understand this, but it's a completely different thing to release a game in Alpha and charge money for it. Just because Notch pulled it off doesn't mean someone like Rocket who has proven he's incompetent at fixing and updating his game can do it.

You people are such sheep. Rocket is re-releasing the same mod, using the same buggy engine, STILL IN ALPHA MODE, (The same mod that he never updates and has failed to put into a playable state for the last 2 months) and he wants you to pay money for it. Are you people fucking retarded?

After the alpha stage (in the standalone version) the price will increase.

I guess i'm not retarded because i want to pay LESS money for the same game. You can always wait a feel months when the alpha stage is done, but you will pay more money.

That's a pretty far fetched metaphor. The game and the mod are both interwoven code, there's absolutely no difference between the two. To stay true to your metaphor: Sure, Arma II is the basic "woman" as you call it, but the mod is based on her DNA. It is not something else entirely. So while it will take a lot of effort to fix Arma II's lackluster cheat protection, it can be done within the mod.

That being said, I didn't blame this on Rocket (as it is a problem of Arma II rather than DayZ) but I would expect it to be fixed in a theoretical full release. Alternatively by a patch for Arma II (who's Devs actually got all the money for this mod here and might as well do something for that ;))

But as I said, since this IS alpha, stuff like that is forgivable. It is obviously hard to fix and needs time that I'm willing to give (as I said in my post)

Its not really all that far fetched of a metaphor. A mod is essentially window dressing on a game. It uses the engine, and so on and so forth, it can modify the engine to a degree but there are very large limits there. So very much like a woman and a dress. The dress can be made to push out the tits, suck in the waist, accentuate the ass, show some leg, and so on and so forth, but it can't overly change the woman underneath, and the flaws she has are still going to be present the mod can generally only cover them up or accentuate other things to distract you from the bad.

As for my implication of all that, came from reading your post (Perhaps wrongly!) that you were upset about the whole 'its alpha' bits and things not being fixed. If I read it wrong I'm sorry.

Bottom line: You are fine now, so problem solved? Please...

Oh heck no its not solved. But I'm happy for progress towards it being solved. Its better than nothing. Before the .5 patch I literally tried everything people were saying would 'fix' it and none of it worked. On occasion I wouldn't get them but 99 times out of 100 I had to be glad that I'm not prone to seizures as I walked close to any of those areas and cheered whenever I managed to escape them alive. Now at least things seem to be mostly better and I can atleast fiddle with things and get them down to 'ok I can at least get out of here' if not 'I can probably do what I wanted to do here in the first place'.

Enlighten me on how testing for a mod is different from testing for a game. Why is inhouse testing for huge problems and public testing for rare bugs possible in a game but not a mod? Really, please tell me.

Again, they are both intertwined. Of course, It's a hell of a lot of work to reverse engineer all the terrible coding of Arma II, but it can be done, and it can be applied to the mod.

What's happening at the moment, is that the mod is left boiling in a state that's unplayable for many. Unplayable means untestable, unless you consider "Can't log in" useful feedback.

Now we can either keep saying "Lol Alpha!", or actually do something about it (e.g. revert back to a stable version and introduce the new features one by one, to single out the issue)

Well thats fairly simple. Games are funded. Game developers/Publishers hire QA staff to do testing and find major bugs. Theres a fair amount of money invested in such things. In the mod world you generally don't have a staff of testers, the money to hire quality ones, and so on and so forth. Now could you in theory get a bunch of volunteers to do this? In theory sure. But then there's still infrastructure to support it, bug reporting/sorting/verifying, servers for this testing, as well as tracking the different configurations you have and so on and so forth. And then you still have to worry about quality of testers, the amount of testing they can do at any given point, etc. Its generally not practical to do this as a mod team.

And as for rolling back etc? Well it wasn't an actual released patch at first. It was 'hey I need you guys to test this out and give me feedback before I actually release it'. So why roll back if you haven't moved forward? Then everyone jumped on the bandwagon of moving it out to everything and now we are where we are.

Personal experience with it, everything got better...save for tents eating my stuff. Load faster, graphical glitches are managable, etc. I've actually had more battle eye issues than actual patch related issues. All this seems to hold true for everyone I generally play with (10-15 other guys). Biggest issue we keep running into is battle eye...well that and explaining for the past couple of days 'OK this is how you install the patch...no stop doing that thats the wrong way...listen to what I'm telling you to - GOD DAMN IT STOP DOING THAT ITS NOT GOING TO WORK'. Swear I had this conversation no less than five times...

'No six launcher updated it i've got the patch'

'Bet you it says .4 there not .5 and that you can't actually connect to a .5 server'

'oh wow you're right'

'What did you think I was lying to you?'

@Arkaeus

who told you that you will have to pay for the DayZ mod?

according to the interviews the DayZ standalone will have it's own version of the Real Virtuality engine

just wait for it to be released as an alpha or whatever and then decide if you want it or not

what's the point in arguing over this now when it hasn't been released yet?

Rocket why dont you add some form of disclaimer before you download this mod,a box you have to tick that says

i understand this mod is in alpha.

i understand there will be bugs and glitches and problems.

i understand this is not a polished finished retail product.

please tick box yes , no.

yes please i dont mind TESTING

might stop some of these asswipes posting crap.

Edited by bubster
  • Like 2

It says somethings like "You can't play/edit this mission: it depends of download contents that have been erased: chernarus" And also with the new six launcher it says that my steam key isn't confirmed.

A friend and I both have the same problem after updating to latest patch.

Rocket why dont you add some form of disclaimer before you download this mod,a box you have to tick that says

i understand this mod is in alpha.

i understand there will be bugs and glitches and problems.

i understand this is not a polished finished retail product.

please tick box yes , no.

yes please i dont mind TESTING

might stop some of these asswipes posting crap.

Or better yet, have that "this is alpha, expect it to suck balls, still want to give me money?" checkbox BEFORE you spend $30 to download the game required to run the "free" mod. You know, the game that's sold an extra million copies thanks to the many, many wonderful interviews about this mod, none of which mention how putridly unstable it is, or perhaps informs potential buyers how many script kiddy fuckwits there are pissing all over the half assed anti scripting measures compared to how many people there are actually trying to play the fucking thing.

That way, we could tick "fuck you, you sheep rapist, let us know when you have a stable, secure release." and not waste our hard earned coin on a hyped up piece of shit mod that's playable on 3 out of 5 machines and looks like Dr Polygons Adventures in Bleeding Eyeballs Land on the other 2.

And stop kissing ass. It's pathetic.

• Like 1

so much crying...

Nobody forced you babies to buy ArmA II (not DayZ) and nobody is going to force you to buy the standalone. Those of us that can read, understood that we were buying ArmA II to play a potentially buggy mod.

Luckily for me the bugs have been less than the enjoyment I get from playing the game.

I will buy a buggy standalone alpha because I enjoy playing it!

• Like 3

i simply do not understand why rocket isnt removing the dead soldier models which are certainly the reason for the artifacts. so anyone can play without any troubles and he can check the problem offline without being harrased by players

The soldiers dont cause artifacts for me and some others. It isn't so simple. I looted Balota medical base with any artifacts but sometimes I still see them in Cherno from unknown causes.