rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

I know exactly what you do, that's why I am calling you an idiot.

No, you don't know what I do, nor do you understand even the basics of SDLC, you are a TESTER. You don't do shit to write code, you simply follow some form of input that a real technical person provides. This was very obvious when you thought that removing a component meant starting from scratch instead of rolling back to the previous delta.

I'll leave you fighting over whose wiener is bigger with someone else, big boy..

This my young friend was never in question. To you perhaps, but again, I'd have to fill out a form for you to follow before you'd understand the overall process anyway.

:lol:

who said anything about managing people? the fact that you assume you know everything and the way you handle this discussion proves how stupid you are

you know shit about what I do and how I do it

soo.. stick to what you do and let others do what they do best

I see no point in continuing this discussion

I'll leave you fighting over whose wiener is bigger with someone else, big boy..

Don't plunge yourself even more please...

Sigh.... the thread might as well be locked... I kept reading the last 30-40 pages since I posted my own feedback and it seems nothing new in terms of bugs or issues is reported.

It's unlikely anything new will happen until Gamescon 2012 is finished, which is between 13-17 of August... meaning right now.

Rocket is there, he's obviously interested in having a relatively functional game there to show off, so I doubt there's going to be a quick fix or an update from him in the following days.

It's kind of unfair to keep so many people and hoping but then again (like I said several times before) this is Rocket's understanding of PR and keeping the community (the ones that care about this most) informed about these issues.

• Like 1

Interesting update:

I logged in to the same spot outside of Berezino I had been at for previously testing the graphical glitches, but on a different server. I tested my zoom - no glitches.

I ran into to town, no glitches.

I ran into the hospital, no glitches - BUT ALSO - no loot. Anywhere.

I searched the whole town and there were zero loot piles. No boxes, even empty, at the medical locations and absolutely zero loot anywhere.

I ran out of town and logged off.

I logged onto another server and positioned myself at the edge to scout - smacked in the face with graphical glitches.

I logged out again and picked another server, logged in - graphical glitches all in my face.

I have no idea what it was about the server that had zero loot spawned but figured I'd make note here just in case it means something to someone.

I'm an Internet Ninja, and anything I say should probably be taken with a grain of salt.

Because anyone can claim anything, using some buzzwords to support their claim.

Even if it's true that that dude works at a software company, it's still comparing apples and oranges,

just like businesses have different business practices - coders and software companies do too.

The only thing we really know is that Rocket made something very successful, and that some anonymous dude

claiming to be "Mr. IT-professional" allegedly has better practices. He could very well be 16 with a nack in google-fu.

• Like 2

:lol:

who said anything about managing people? the fact that you assume you know everything and the way you handle this discussion proves how stupid you are

you know shit about what I do and how I do it

soo.. stick to what you do and let others do what they do best

I see no point in continuing this discussion

Damn dude you should stop before you really look worse off than you are now.

This patch saved my life ^^. I was bleeding and with a broken leg, I dced and when I came back yesterday I came in the server with full blood, brooken leg symbol (but I could walk normal WTF ^^) and bleeding. Just used bandage and its all good for a 12 days old character. Rocket saved my ass.

At the same time from yesterday's Lingor patch:

Why was it impossible for Rocket to implement again?

He never said it was impossible to implement.

Gravy they put something in. Go test it and feedback in an appropriate thread how it's working. :)

yeah, artifcating is still a problem. i had to crawl into cherno backwards last night in order to prevent it, luckily it was raining and about midnight so i was good, but i wasnt able to go in more than the hospitals on the right. i did notice that the artifacting only seemed to occur when the tall apartment building right next to the UAZ spawn was somewhere in my view.

in terms of the changing locations on logon, i'm fairly certain that will only occur when switching between servers that are a) running a diff version of Dayz or B) running a diff version of ArmA2OA, although I gotta say its not all bad. it was kinda nice the first time it happened to me and I ended up in the NW airfield all the way from pusta, especially enjoyed that m24 I was able to get as a result :D

This patch saved my life ^^. I was bleeding and with a broken leg, I dced and when I came back yesterday I came in the server with full blood, brooken leg symbol (but I could walk normal WTF ^^) and bleeding. Just used bandage and its all good for a 12 days old character. Rocket saved my ass.

In other words, you bailed out because you were scared of losing gear and an arbitrary number that shows up in the corner once every session, and a bug in the patch saved you from having to deal with the consequences of your earlier poor decisions?

Way to go! Now that's what I call playing the game!

• Like 1

Any feedback on graphical glitches being gone or not would be very greatly appreciated. If we can confirm they are gone I will announce the update on twitter and we will release on SU.

Hi Rocket!

First of all - thanks for game!

Thing that happened yesterday after the update 1.7.2.5.

Logged off near the Sobor, updated and logged back in to see the YOU ARE DEAD screen then i am in the middle of a debug field with nothing on me.

Reloged near the Kamenka with nothing in my inventory but stats remaining the same and camo suite.

When I come to Balota I had found that it is impossible to achieve it because of glitches… On many servers…

I thought I was patient (for the normal debug procedure) but seem not enough…

Is it possible to return previous condition?

Best!

Still major glitching here. Running newest beta and DayZ. Happened at balotta tents, Cherno centre, NWA barracks and firestation, berezino. completely unplayable at those areas.

My rig:

AMD X4 965

Sapphire HD 6850

Also tried flushing multiple times and changing about every graphical setting there is.

Got graphical glitching when video memory setting is on default. On "high" everything normal.

Too bad that I cant join any servers. Stuck at "loading" screen. Got in one euro server anfter trying various servers, but cant remember its name anymore lol. Havent got in any games today. Is there any way to fix that? (other than "reinstall everything once again" stuff)

The artifacting and ammo fixes listed in the patch notes are not fixed -- they still happen and are easily reproducible with the same steps as they were original reported. It doesn't look like this was actually tested internally by the developer that supposedly fixed it.

• Like 1

Hi Rocket!

First of all - thanks for game!

Thing that happened yesterday after the update 1.7.2.5.

Logged off near the Sobor, updated and logged back in to see the YOU ARE DEAD screen then i am in the middle of a debug field with nothing on me.

Reloged near the Kamenka with nothing in my inventory but stats remaining the same and camo suite.

When I come to Balota I had found that it is impossible to achieve it because of glitches… On many servers…

I thought I was patient (for the normal debug procedure) but seem not enough…

Is it possible to return previous condition?

Best!

Same thing happened to me, logged on got the insta kill, and respawned into debug hills, and disconnected and relogged and I spawned on the beach but I litterly had nothing no pack no weapons nothing, but I was still thursty and hungry though.. Also the graphics glitches are still a problem. Haventl been to NW yet but in Stary Sobor tents they are problematic.

Any way to return all my loot would be awesome.

Same thing happened to me, logged on got the insta kill, and respawned into debug hills, and disconnected and relogged and I spawned on the beach but I litterly had nothing no pack no weapons nothing, but I was still thursty and hungry though.. Also the graphics glitches are still a problem. Haventl been to NW yet but in Stary Sobor tents they are problematic.

Any way to return all my loot would be awesome.

I wouldn't count on it since it is not a released game -- just think of it as a challenge getting re-geared ... that's how I spent my yesterday.

Some feedback on newest patch:

+ Relogging does not replenish spent ammo

+ Zombies seem to move more smoothly

- Vehicle locations or condition do not save over server restarts. Vehicles revert to their pre-patch condition and location.

- Tents are still not working properly. They handle loot inside correctly until server restart. After restart they revert to their first saved state.

- Graphical glitches still happening. They don't appear for some time when you start the game, but after some playing will appear at same locations as in 1.7.2.4. Restarting the game completely corrects them for some time again.

AMD phenom II x 3 720

ATI Radeon HD 4600

1.7.2.5 DayZ and 95883 Beta

Edited by Skyt

The artifacting and ammo fixes listed in the patch notes are not fixed -- they still happen and are easily reproducible with the same steps as they were original reported. It doesn't look like this was actually tested internally by the developer that supposedly fixed it.

The ammo is absolutely 'fixed'... There are still latency issues that can result in ammo being replenished from time to time. But if you notice if you fire off some rounds and log out and log back in, you will have a clip in your inventory with less ammo than the rest, the problem is that ARMA decides to load you up a fresh clip on load.... Soon enough you will have multiple half used clips in your inventory. Now 60 STANAG bullets can take up 6 slots of inventory instead of 2!! ITS A FEATURE.

Guys - ANYONE having the Graphical glitches, I've been playing for a week now with no graphical glitches, not one. You might not like jaggies, but disabling FSAA and setting Video memory to default works! not just fort me but several people I know. Not one glitch, jaggies I can handle.

So try it! What do you have to lose? Nothing but smooth edges which Isnt a game killer.

Been running like that since Day 1 and I still get graphical glitches, they were rare in 2.4 but in 2.5 they are quite common. I usually can flush it out with one try but they come back whenever I scope / turn away for a a minute and look back. After the first few flushes I need to re-launch my game.

Video Mem: Default

Graphic Settings: Tried Very Low, Low, High, Very High

Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 460 x2 (SLI , 1024MB GDDR5)

Driver: 296.10

CPU: i7-2600 @ 3.40 GHz

Memory: 8 GB RAM DDR3 (I think? I need to recheck this sometime)

Edited by R895

Same here.. Lost everything just my ghillie is still there ^^

No Backpack or something else.

Even if i run in the Forest, at the next LogIn i'll spawn at the cost or debug area : /

and AGAIN....

well i feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day.....

Edited by Sello

Well, I still get the glitches, still get killed by hackers, still wait a decade to load in but once I am in...I find a hatchet and stalk a city. I've already lost all my fab gear to a hacker and have given up on trying to get it all back. Instead...i kill with my axe. Who cares if I die, right?

Now I just laugh...and respawn with the hopes of finding another player to joke around with.

Bring it.

No, you don't know what I do, nor do you understand even the basics of SDLC, you are a TESTER. You don't do shit to write code, you simply follow some form of input that a real technical person provides. This was very obvious when you thought that removing a component meant starting from scratch instead of rolling back to the previous delta.

This my young friend was never in question. To you perhaps, but again, I'd have to fill out a form for you to follow before you'd understand the overall process anyway.

Alrighty, where to start... First of all, both of you guys are internet assholes and need to step back and look at what you're posting.

Second of all, as someone who has worked for more than 10 years in software development on projects with millions of lines of code, I would like to point out that someone with the title 'Software Test Engineer' is not a 'tester' and actually does write code for the testing of a product, and is a 'real technical person'. Also, anyone in Quality Assurance is required to have a complete knowledge of SDLC as they are an integral part of it.

I think both of you are being complete dicks to each other, but there were some inaccuracies to clear up here.

At any rate, back to the original argument, it is up to the development team to decide when something is out of alpha, not the community. This is still pre-release software using willing community resources to test/refine/balance.

Edited by FiSHNuTZ
  • Like 7

Alrighty, where to start... First of all, both of you guys are internet assholes and need to step back and look at what you're posting.

Second of all, as someone who has worked for more than 10 years in software development on projects with millions of lines of code, I would like to point out that someone with the title 'Software Test Engineer' is not a 'tester' and actually does write code for the testing of a product, and are a 'real technical person'. Also, anyone in Quality Assurance is required to have a complete knowledge of SDLC as they are an integral part of it.

I think both of you are being complete dicks to each other, but there were some inaccuracies to clear up here.

At any rate, back to the original argument, it is up to the development team to decide when something is out of alpha, not the community. This is still pre-release software using willing community resources to test/refine/balance.

Well Said!!!