rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

everything works fine for me like before.

except HIVE doesn't save cars and tents.

They were never saved on the hive, they are saved locally on the individual server.

not only locally, their position and id of the player that saved them is saved on HIVE.

When i logged in after manual update i was teleported to the coast with all my gear and stats intact..

I had the same thing. I thought it was just the server i was playing on.

Seems to be running just fine for me, no glitches in Cherno so far, which I had a lot of before :)

(1.7.2.5 and beta 95883)

1.7.2.5 has screwed up tent/vehicle saving AFTER a server restart. These positions save just fine whilst the server is running, but restart it, and our server goes back to how it was in 1.7.2.4.

We're not the only ones... I have seen over 40 complaints of this now, through various hosts. This is a huge problem, of course.

Nah. Tents/vehicle saving problem has been around at least since 1724 so no changes there/

When i logged in after manual update i was teleported to the coast with all my gear and stats intact..

same here, happened only 1 time for now...

my mate got this 2 times

thunderdome effect still there in known locations,

but a flush will fix it for me, and it won't return for that day.

Specs:

Asus EAH6970/Top, 2 GB RAM

Intel i7 2600k

8 GB RAM

Win 7 64 Ultimate

Note: didn't update my graphic driver in a while now.

this weekend was great:

- 5 hours of gameplay, 2 hours of it stuck at loading (and then alt-f4ing to do it ALL OVER AGAIN)

- spawned at coast about 3 times - AFTER having moved far inland (thanks to the inbred DEVs who can't rectify one bug without causing another..."Yes we're gonna cure your headache by blowing off your leg, yuppers, that should fix it"

- graphical glitches (Balota, Cherno etc) still not fixed

- hacking got worse (I especially love the AS50-radar-aimbot hack that's now making the rounds. one guy on a hill and the whole east side of elektro is practically dead)

at least the DEVs are focusing on the important stuff: like spending time and effort on developing DogZ. and mystery features for the lulz.

• Like 2

QQ about tents etc. No1 earns his gear in dayz anylonger, no weapon is rare, evry weapon u'll find is probaly hacked in. easy as that. ATM it's a bad mod, unplayeble infact useless grarbage ubtill the start fixing the real issues. when the standaloen game is out there will be much more cooler games like ROME2 and stuff which people will play pffff. so have fun while it lasts with ur buggy shit brohuns

If I set "memory video" by "default" it seems I have no more artefacts.

Also, since I patched from 1.7.2.4 to 1.7.2.5 + Beta patch AO 95883, it seems I don't teleport randomly anymore everytime I log in/off.

Also interesting, I found a tractor and when server reset happens, had a motorbike instead. Save did work but magical dayz turns beans into gold.

How funny... and faster! :)

• Like 2

this weekend was great:

- 5 hours of gameplay, 2 hours of it stuck at loading (and then alt-f4ing to do it ALL OVER AGAIN)

- spawned at coast about 3 times - AFTER having moved far inland (thanks to the inbred DEVs who can't rectify one bug without causing another..."Yes we're gonna cure your headache by blowing off your leg, yuppers, that should fix it"

- graphical glitches (Balota, Cherno etc) still not fixed

- hacking got worse (I especially love the AS50-radar-aimbot hack that's now making the rounds. one guy on a hill and the whole east side of elektro is practically dead)

at least the DEVs are focusing on the important stuff: like spending time and effort on developing DogZ. and mystery features for the lulz.

do you know anything about software development?

i'm so sick and tired of seeing ignorant messages on this forum, it's so hard to read through all this messages to get to those who say something constructive or informative..

if you've got nothing good to say, don't say anything.. you're not helping, you're just annoying

• Like 3

Setting in default works for me too...at least some fix :) i have maybe a lucky...but my game runs fine(only this gfx glicthes) but ammo count good humanity count good

i played lot of games...sometimes i think this isnt a ALPHA but whole complete game with some miner bugs(Skyrim and BF3 at start have lot worse bugs a those are completed games :D )

Edited by Kapr

Hey Rocket,

I think we need the official word of what's happening I can imagine people are relying on six updater to update their game with me the new beta Downloaded but not the newest version of dayz which started the stuck on loading screen

I set up the game by downloading the new patch and instating the folders and now it works normally.

Info

Not getting graphics issues if I spawn in the area if I walk away about 200 meters and walk back it starts to tear all over the place

Magazines now not filling on respawn - fixed

Spawned on the coast once I first installed the upgrade didn't take long to get to map centre

I think you should consider releasing to six updater so everyone's on the same page or at leat remove the new beta from six updater as this caused a lot of problems for me.

Dan

• Like 1

It's so sad to see countless people harshly complaining about the work of others who provide a free game for us.

DayZ is great game and to be honest the best gaming experience I've undergone so far.

The devs need to work work under extreme pressure seeing the unique player amount raising about 5000 from one day to the next who all want to play the game without any issues.

The DayZ devs are not dice or treyarch who even fail to get their games into a perfect state without any bugs no one of us has the right to complain about what they do.

They need their time and we have to be pleased with what we get for now or just stop playing and come back in some months.

• Like 7

Hi Rocket

Just letting you know, I'm running the new patch 1.7.2.5 and I've even updated my video card drivers but I'm still getting the graphical glitches. Always in these four places Balota Airport, middle of Cherogorsk city, military camp at Stary Sober and the north east airfield around the control tower area. These are the areas I've been to the most, there may be more.

It seems to me that the glitches are coming from the dead soldier corpses in these areas. Since they serve no purpose, maybe you should try removing them maybe...

Three of my friends have the same problem but like me, don't have the latest graphic card (I have a nivida 250GTS) .Two other friends of mine don't get the glitches, but have more up to date graphic cards.

On another note the number of hackers ruining the game on the NZ servers is getting crazy. Tonight I was teleported with everyone else to one area and couldn't even quit out as the abort option had been removed. Last night the same thing happened but I appeared in the air and died from the fall. As far as I could tell everyone was killed. I've yet to find a car that wasn't a hack. One night we found 3 of the same car. Have also come across several players who can't be killed and well equipped.

The game just doesn't seem to be about surviving zombies and Bandits anymore, it's trying to survive one night without being killed by a hacker. :(

Murdock

• Like 2

the same issue as everyone else, dead soldiers artifact and take up the whole screen. ive tried all of the fixes and it still wont work.

http://dayzguides.co...s-artifacts.jpg

^^ example, and mine is 10 times worse.

Exactly the same for me. Pre update, it only seemed to happen with some of the dead soldiers, now it seems to be all of them. (I have only run around Balota so far - went all around hangers and dear stand area.)

Manual Update via torrent.

Win7 64 - i5 2500k - 8gb Ram - Nvidia 560Ti graphics - 1920x1080 resolution

Edited by Skydiver

thunderdome effect still there in known locations,

but a flush will fix it for me, and it won't return for that day.

Specs:

Asus EAH6970/Top, 2 GB RAM

Intel i7 2600k

8 GB RAM

Win 7 64 Ultimate

Note: didn't update my graphic driver in a while now.

Thunderdome effect? Umm you don't seem to know so I'll explain it. Thunderdome is when hackers drop everyone in the same spot and let them kill each other etc. Not sure what you meant by thunderdome effect but pretty sure you have misunderstood the meaning :)

QQ about tents etc. No1 earns his gear in dayz anylonger, no weapon is rare, evry weapon u'll find is probaly hacked in. easy as that. ATM it's a bad mod, unplayeble infact useless grarbage ubtill the start fixing the real issues. when the standaloen game is out there will be much more cooler games like ROME2 and stuff which people will play pffff. so have fun while it lasts with ur buggy shit brohuns

Negative. You are incorrect. Enjoy playing your other games so we can enjoy never reading your comments again :) Cheers

• Like 4

our bus has been saved succesfully through a couple of restarts. Depends on server seems.

do you know anything about software development?

i'm so sick and tired of seeing ignorant messages on this forum, it's so hard to read through all this messages to get to those who say something constructive or informative..

if you've got nothing good to say, don't say anything.. you're not helping, you're just annoying

Actually, yes, I know a great deal about ALM / SDLC / basic software development. And I'm getting tired of "stop whining, it's how development works". No, It is not.

I've been a Configuration Manager / ALM Engineer for over a decade now, the entire Industry Standard does NOT follow the code delivery practice that is used by Rocket. Point being, if I put a bad piece of code in to the pot, I TAKE IT OUT and replace it with the old piece that worked. I should then go back to the drawing board and keep working on the proposed code specification and then try the process again. Broke is broke, it doesn't matter if it is Alpha. The point of an Alpha or Beta is to find bugs before Release. Well, THE BUG WAS IDENTIFIED. So pull the bad piece of code back out so we can continue testing everything else.

This isn't Rocket Science (pun intended). If by adding an animation, or new graphic texture, it causes a large population of your testers to experience screen tearing, roll back to the previous file after you have collected your data (which I see plenty of data here, along with screen shots and youtube videos). Let them continue to play and test the game for the myriad of other changes going in to effect, instead of just giving up altogether because they can't even see properly. Then work on the animation/mapping, etc. again and try it once more.

But whatever you do, don't leave the bad code in place for days, then call your tester base "QQers" and keep spouting off about how this is Alpha. If you go by the Industry Standard for the definition of Alpha, this is WAY beyond Alpha now, any real developer knows it. The second you released it in to large scale public testing it became a Beta, but please ... keep calling us all QQers and keep calling it Alpha if it will make you feel better on your lack of even basic knowledge on SDLC.

My 2 cents.

Edited by Sergeant_Dono
  • Like 8

Still not satisfied with the update ? I am still waiting for servers to update to the new version..

I'd like to add that ammo is still being reset in my pistols, upon relogging. And the M1911/Revolver exploit is still there.

One more thing, with a Bandit mask on, the head scarf thing, my pack no longer appears on my back (confirmed by other players watching me too, although I have the pack in my Gear menu and can use it.

No artifacts for me but LOTS of time and gear lost with tents and vehicles resetting as and when they please. :/

• Like 2

First server I tried, I got stuck on loading for about 10-15 min. Alt-F4ed to try another. Spawned in wilderness with nothing :(. Re-logged and was on beach with nothing :(.

Not too bothered but it's annoying. Especially as I don't have a pack.

Haven't experienced any screen tearing though. I'm using Nvidia GTX 570 with beta driver 304.79, Arma II beta 95883.

Can people please confirm if this is the case for them?

Be SURE you updated ALL YOUR FILES.

This is very important. The closed test indicated that nobody who was experiencing graphical glitches before was with this update, so if that is not the case I need to know ASAP.

I can confirm, there are still graphical issues ver often at the northern airbase if you look into the direction of Humwee wracks.

so just to clear this up if you use six updater/ six launcher the update will come to you once the dayz people thinks its ok ?? or is it allready out and i just haven't got it yet ? can somebody help me clear this up please