rocket

Disconnecting to avoid death

I'm against anything that would leaves my character without my direct control. I don't care if i can logout in the deep of the forest or under a rock, i want to be aware of what's happening around me until i press the exit button, i wouldn't find (even if it's remote) myself ded without knowing how it happened, and especially without having the possibility of save myself.

The location saved on a server wouldn't help the server hopping, while infact it could potentially increase the problem: i will play on 30 different servers, logging out next to each deer stand, so i can cyclic logging into them everyday to loot them in seconds, without even have to move! Then i go on my favorite servers to play normally.

Save locations, health and equip all together on local server instead of hive, at least on some "special" one-separate-world servers. There are already tents system, so just create "token" on exit that would save all info about character and load that info on login to that server. Of course no saving to hive from that kind of servers.

The location saved on a server wouldn't help the server hopping' date=' while infact it could potentially increase the problem: i will play on 30 different servers, logging out next to each deer stand, so i can cyclic logging into them everyday to loot them in seconds, without even have to move! Then i go on my favorite servers to play normally.

[/quote']

Save the entire character per server. Problem solved.

had a 15 minute battle with a disconnectiong scumbag last night.

im looting the airifeld when i hear shots. i go out, pull out my silenced m4 and see two survivors standing over a corpse of the third.

i get in position, and unload the sd rounds into one, hes dead, i start killng the other one and he dc's mid shot.

I knew exactly what followed. so i repositioned and guarded the body. 1 min later the guy is back, crawling towards the corpse of his friend from the position where i fired my first shots.

i couldn't get a prone shot cause of the grass so i repositioned and he noticed me. we both go into prone stealthiness and dont see each other for a few mins. then i see his face a few feet in front of me and quickly roll to the left behind a wall for cover. that saved my life, because the ****er opened fire at the same moment. zombies aggro him and he dc's again. i go back to guard the body again, but this time from a slight elevation.

And there he was again, thinking that I left, slowly crawling towards his friends corpse

i go into crouch mode and unload into him. too late to dc, scumbag

and then the server trolls me. as i go for the loot, the server craps out....

when i come back only 1 of the kills registered, and both bodies were gone

but it was an intense battle. my ghillie +silenced m4 served me well.

Now imagine if i didn't know about disconnecting. i would be dead when he disconected the first tie to spawn behind me.

Just my 5 cents.

I think the Disconnect is not a problem. I dont kill other Surviver, i try to by silent and if i see someone, i watch him, and if he dont see me, i let him go. I dont need to kill other player if is not necesary. Everythink you need to survive, you can find without killing the other player. For my, Day Z is a "P+P vs zombies" not a "PvsP with some zombies".

So i give a shit on the "disconnect from the server".

But, one think make my angry, its the "connect to the server" of the other player!

For example,

I want to check the Barrack on the NW airfield, i look over the window, nobody i can see inside. Ok, i go down and try to crawl inside. But then i hear something, so i stop moving. i hear 2 men inside. The are running from room to room and check the loot spots. 1 Minue later, the are disconnect.

Server hopping in the barracks? Go into the barracks, and change the server every time you clean the loot. Its Smart, its cool, Its realy stupid!

What you can do?

My Suggestion. If you connect to the server, you can not move for 10 seconds, mayby you see a screen like this if you are knocking down, hourglass who run down for 10 seconds, and every player who is 20 or 30 meters away from you, hears a noise.

Mayby a "Ping", or a sound file "Attention, player connecting!" or somethink like that.

This change will be stoping the server-hopping.

People need to go in the save spot to disconnect, mayby a forest or some like that. You have to think about it, if you disconnect in the barracks, for connecting other server because you are greedy for weapon or other stuff, perhaps there is someone and kill you in the 10 seconds.

Sorry for my bad englisch, i used google translate.

Thanx for reading.

Will be happy whenever and however this issue is addressed. So long as it works!

Okay so every 10 pages someone suggests the same thing again. So before posting, just try to read the whole thread or some 10 pages before.

I'm for the server-side saved characters, would solve server hopping and disconnecting, and even ghosting

maybe a ten minute timer before you can get to another server and actually keep your character, or something similar might work, too

' pid='218468' dateline='1341053050']

I'm for the server-side saved characters' date=' would solve server hopping and disconnecting, and even ghosting

maybe a ten minute timer before you can get to another server and actually keep your character, or something similar might work, too

[/quote']

They're not going to remove a key feature of the mod just to prevent an exploit, especially whenever there are better and easier ways to handle it.

It was designed from the ground up to be persistent across servers, with the master server and whatnot.

Well. I'm actually not going to read through all of this, so maybe I'll double someone.

1. Jumping from server to server. Save intarr_LastLogoutCoordinates(x,y) serverside. If new logout coordinates are closer then 100m to the previous one within 5 minutes - spawn player 1km from that place in a random direction. No "barracks farming" anymore.

2. Disconnecting.

I don't thing it's right.

I don't think it's fair.

I will say it is good, when it is fixed.

I will use it while I can, when my loot is worth something.

This game is a "survival emulator" and it's the best in it - you really want to survive at any cost. And there is no "good" or "bad" in the questions of survival - you either survive or not. So when I'm about to die - I don't have time to think I do something wrong - I just do what is needed to stay alive.

Easier reason: why shouldn't I do something my opponents often do? Fix it for everyone, and I'll be happy.

And there is one good part in it, actually. It encourages team work. Example - my friend and I get fires upon at night at Krasnostav airfield. Both alive, but with shock and blood-loss. Lucky we were to find friend to come save us from half-world away.

I'm a fan of the character's being unique to the server. Prevents not only the more annoying half of disconnecting to avoid death, but barbed wire, bear traps, etc. are fucking pointless if people can find your camp and bypass all your defenses on another server then swap.

Fuck that shit. Make characters unique to the server and the problem is solved.

Instead of keeping your character there after you log out, why not a "Remain still for 10 seconds before you can log out" thing?

2. Disconnecting.

I don't thing it's right.

I don't think it's fair.

I will say it is good' date=' when it is fixed.

I will use it while I can, when my loot is worth something.

This game is a "survival emulator" and it's the best in it - you really want to survive at any cost. And there is no "good" or "bad" in the questions of survival - you either survive or not. So when I'm about to die - I don't have time to think I do something wrong - I just do what is needed to stay alive.

Easier reason: why shouldn't I do something my opponents often do? Fix it for everyone, and I'll be happy.

[/quote']

I strongly disagree with your statement.

Disconnecting under fire is cowardly exploit and its absolutely the worst thing if you D/C,go to another server, comes back and kill the other guy who played by the rules and stayed on the original server.

Its even worse then server hopping for barracks farming provided these players atleast stay in fight and do not D/C (some1 would kill them and take their stuff eventualy).

Also if some people exploit the hell out of this game does not mean that everybody should! This game would deteriorate ultra fast if every player did such s#*t.

Imagine the "real" gun fights, where everyone D/C, repositiones on different server,then hops back hoping to catch the other people unaware.

Such situation would be 10x worse then killing honest guy who just helped you with zeds and bandaged you.

Last 3 guys who I shot disconnected instantly. So I think I will adapt this tactic myself.

this made me rage so hard now.

some rat shot my friend, i get him on my scope, and he just logouts and disapears instantly

not to mention he had 5 zombies on him in close range

loging out is broken, please add 1minute wait time to logout

Me and a mate were ambushing 3 Idiots who pulled like over 9000 Zombies.

1 of them was hiding at some trees because Zeds followed the other two.

I shot him with my Remington, he disconnects.

Fine, two more to go so following the other 2 brought me a few minutes (3-5 approx) later near the same spot.

I heard a noise (like someones hurt) and turned around, then i got shot badly.

The same bastard from before just relogged.

Broken shit.

I strongly disagree with your statement.

Disconnecting under fire is cowardly exploit and its absolutely the worst thing if you D/C' date='go to another server, comes back and kill the other guy who played by the rules and stayed on the original server.

Its even worse then server hopping for barracks farming provided these players atleast stay in fight and do not D/C (some1 would kill them and take their stuff eventualy).

Also if some people exploit the hell out of this game does not mean that everybody should! This game would deteriorate ultra fast if every player did such s#*t.

Imagine the "real" gun fights, where everyone D/C, repositiones on different server,then hops back hoping to catch the other people unaware.

Such situation would be 10x worse then killing honest guy who just helped you with zeds and bandaged you.

[/quote']

Please note, that I didn't say anything about using the other server to get to his back, since that is not a question of "survival", but a question of PVP. Personally, if I logoff - I either wait and then get back to go my way, or go to the other server and go my way. If I go off - I consider myself loosing the fight, which means I won't re-engage.

However, I had a strong wish today to arrange the scheme, when my partner goes to the other server and goes closer to the position of the person I'm about to sniper and then log-in to take his loot. As bodies don't stay long enough for a sniper to come and loot his pray ((

To the fuckin farming/sniper/serverhoper/disconnecter on de2 ~ 22 o'clock @ NE airfield, who got scouted as he tried to get in sniping postion with his guillie and who was fuckin fast to disconnect although getting 3 hits from dmr from < 100meters range.

-> May you rot in hell fuckin bastard.

Had at least three instances of people quitting during combat in the last 24 hours.

Picked up an FN FAL with night scope at a chopper crash this morning. Got all of 10m before i was sniped and killed. Fair enough, i stuck around too long.

My teammate was 300m from the area, and rushed in to kill the guy that killed me before he got away with my gear. He see's the guy with the FN FAL, takes a shot at him and the guy disappears to the lobby. As theres no message when somebody does that, you cant prove who it is. He waited for 5 minutes but the guy either quit or sat in the lobby for ages.

I didn't quit on the guy that shot me. There was a good 30 seconds between his first shot and the shot that killed me. Plenty of time to quit. I'll definitely think twice about it next time.

I don't believe anyone should disconnect to avoid death, but then again, I just got killed trying to login. As I was loading into my current location, it didnt even get a chance to finish loading, I was shot and killed. I believe that issue would be potentially be considered the other side of the coin here. If it's not fair for someone to disconnect to avoid being killed, how can it be fair to be killed before you can even finish getting loaded in to defend yourself?

[...] how can it be fair to be killed before you can even finish getting loaded in to defend yourself?

you should disconnect at a save location. (;

Was casually running back from stary sobor and got to cherno to give a friend a rifle apon doing so i took the liberty to help a citizen who was downed and close to dying revived using a epi-pen and gave a blood transfusion then gave them a mp5 and he opened fire on me a while later, I shot him once he dc'ed and then a moment later he was behind me and killed me..

Was disappointed and im still one of the survivors who won't shoot unless being shot at and try to help people but this annoys me.

I'm all for people NOT shooting each other in the back, but personally I don't think it's EVER a good idea to arm someone you don't even know.

It's one thing to help someone with an epipen and a blood transfusion and a whole other to put a weapon in their hands. :P

I can't stand server hoppers' date=' if you disconnect while bleeding it should be instant death with your body and all loots left on the server you dc'd from.

[/quote']

I second this!

IF Player Bleeding = TRUE and Player Disconnects in any way = Death to character. (Hopefully the player's body will stay on server for looting but if not- this still will cut down on it.)