rocket

DayZ Build 1.6.0 Rolling Update

Apocalypse = mass rape

wouldn't be "realistic" without it. especially when everyone in the forum keep harping on about realism.

personally' date=' i would love rape in game, along with children survivors/ zombies, and torture.

i would like to see just how far a game like that would go, not much i suppose

[/quote']

You're fooling youself. Although its a great psych experiment, it's deluded to think that people behave in this game in any way like they would in real life.

Killing in real life takes a tremendous effort of will for most people. The people who so wantonly kill here know its not real, it doesn't feel real, and they are only killing pixels.

Realism is something we can strive for. Saying "realistic" is patently absurd, especially when you get into decisions that would have ultimate moral repercussions in real life and mean nothing in game.

A lot has been made of "perma death" in this game, but frankly, that's bs. It's gear loss, and that's it. People sometimes suicide by zombie because they've bled too much. There is absolutely no penalty for dying in this game. Adding those things (rape and child killing), would just make them hollow psychological experiences, as well.

The game has moved beyond the psychological factors that rocket and the early players saw, I think. That's why people are complaining about the "cod kiddies" and PKing. The game has, ironically, lost it's soul.

In my opinion.

L

All these idiots joking about rape have never gotten laid. They just want it in game so they have something to jerk off to, while using their tears as lubricant. Have fun with that, morons.

Get some fucking sleep and eat some food, Rocket!! No sense killing yourself creating this awesome survival mod.

When choosing a woman skin' date=' does it give you the option to make sandwiches?? You know, like an extra advantage to survive and stuff :)

[/quote']

Why, yes, yes it does! And oddly enough, choosing a male skin lowers your IQ by 30 points. I guess this game is getting more realistic with each patch!

When choosing a woman skin' date=' does it give you the option to make sandwiches?? You know, like an extra advantage to survive and stuff :)

[/quote']

Why, yes, yes it does! And oddly enough, choosing a male skin lowers your IQ by 30 points. I guess this game is getting more realistic with each patch!

Hey, now. Don't stereotype because somebody stereotyped. We're not ALL sexist deutschbags.

I'd just like to +1 the people having problems placing tents. Hope you have time to get to that soon!

Great update though; well done getting it out so fast.

Hmm, from a design stand point making that gender choice a one time thing per account seems rather silly to me, once per life absolutely, but once per account no, One can reference wow all they please, but then I could say why am I allowed to be white, black, middle eastern, asian, why can I change those? It's an arbitrary thing to say gender should be a one time thing, people should be allowed to choose as they please, to limit the choice in such a specific manner seems rather silly to me.

As the designer of the game (it was mentioned this will be a game of it's own in the future) you should not be telling the customer that for their hard earned money you are denying them a simple aesthetic feature. Once per life? Sure. Let someone only make that choice once. But once they die, it should be up to them. A designer should not interfere with the players choices if their choices pose no detriment to the actual game play experience (Which aesthetics most certainly do not).

-A fellow game designer

Hmm' date=' from a design stand point making that gender choice a one time thing per account seems rather silly to me, once per life absolutely, but once per account no, One can reference wow all they please, but then I could say why am I allowed to be white, black, middle eastern, asian, why can I change those? It's an arbitrary thing to say gender should be a one time thing, people should be allowed to choose as they please, to limit the choice in such a specific manner seems rather silly to me.

As the designer of the game (it was mentioned this will be a game of it's own in the future) you should not be telling the customer that for their hard earned money you are denying them a simple aesthetic feature. Once per life? Sure. Let someone only make that choice once. But once they die, it should be up to them. A designer should not interfere with the players choices if their choices pose no detriment to the actual game play experience (Which aesthetics most certainly do not).

-A fellow game designer

[/quote']

You said it yourself, it is an aesthetic feature. It is not a big deal. Leave it be.

Has anyone seen any wire fencing to pick up? I haven't been able to find any. And in the warehouses/factories where I usually find it I am finding piles of hunting knives/glock/stanag ammo.

Hmm' date=' from a design stand point making that gender choice a one time thing per account seems rather silly to me, once per life absolutely, but once per account no, One can reference wow all they please, but then I could say why am I allowed to be white, black, middle eastern, asian, why can I change those? It's an arbitrary thing to say gender should be a one time thing, people should be allowed to choose as they please, to limit the choice in such a specific manner seems rather silly to me.

-A fellow game designer

[/quote']

So make it an option like that in your game.

I support the way that this is, in this game. You're thinking very standard thinking.

L

anyone else getting extreemly bad fps since the patch??

Yep...FPS took a serious hit. But it is Alpha and stuff like this happens.

-A fellow game designer

[/quote']

So make it an option like that in your game.

I support the way that this is, in this game. You're thinking very standard thinking.

L

You are correct, it is standard, but it is standard because the vast majorady prefer having aesthetics left up to them. You like this format? That is fine. But you could choose to play only as one gender. it's not the place of a developer to tell the player how to play if it does not impact the gameplay in any meaningful manner. Tell players to not cheat? Good, developers job. Tell them they can't play with aesthetic features next life? That is not the developers call.

Alright, so I can be black when I'm really white, then change back to white, then Asian, then be a zombie, then be middle eastern, then be William Wallace, then change my name to Nipples of Doom, and all that's good. But the instant anyone chooses to be female, THAT'S where we draw the line? I've seen names like N***erBubba and stuff, and that's all well and good, but choosing to go back and forth in character genders is just too out there? I say give the option to go back and forth. I feel uncomfortable playing a female but I'm not everyone and people like to roleplay, and if they wanna be a chick then go back to a dude I say let them. It's just weird to make such an arbitrary rule when there's already so much freedom in the game to begin with.

...... Words .....

Have you seen this post by the developer in this very thread?

1. Go to bathroom

2. Check whether you have a penis or a vagina

3. Select gender in game according to results

4. If you have a gender identity disorder, choose whichever one you feel most.

anyone else getting extreemly bad fps since the patch??

Yep...FPS took a serious hit. But it is Alpha and stuff like this happens.

sure does lol

i think a big part is the arma II engine

waiting for the patch for that also

...... Words .....

Have you seen this post by the developer in this very thread?

1. Go to bathroom

2. Check whether you have a penis or a vagina

3. Select gender in game according to results

4. If you have a gender identity disorder' date=' choose whichever one you feel most.

[/quote']

I have seen it. And again, you have to cater to the majorady to a certain degree. Try thinking about the majorady, being selfish is not the way success in game design.

I bring up my point again, why can I change race, not only when I respawn, but with the same character who hasn't even died, so I could be white, black, asian, etc. all in the same life. (not to mention the zombie faces Which kinda break down the whole "look at your gender" argument to begin with, noones a zombie, but can pick a zombie face)

Say a female chooses female, but then, as this forum shows, gets hounded for her gender and feels uncomfortable? Now she is not allowed to change genders to play the game comfortably, she just has to deal with the hounding or quit the game? This is a common issue in many games across the internet, and hence why many women will play as men.

Being selfish is not the way to be. Thinking about everyone, every possibility, that is what one should do.

My main point is that this should be a character thing, once per character, but it should not be an account based thing to where you get a choice once every 30 dollars. That is it.

Have a bug: every time spawn in debug forest without weapons, with empty backpack and invisible. If I kill myself, I respawn in debug forest again. If I come out of debug forest and kill myself in the nearest village I respawn in debug forest anyway. It happens in every server. Character name: Cpt. Hook. How I can bypass it?

rocket i love the mod alot.

but, you really need to start fixing some of the older problems before implimenting new features mate seriously.

i appreciate your work mate but fix some of the older bugs and take time with it.

dont rush out patches because of all the moaning people in this forum

thank you

rocket i love the mod alot.

but' date=' you really need to start fixing some of the older problems before implimenting new features mate seriously.

i appreciate your work mate but fix some of the older bugs and take time with it.

dont rush out patches because of all the moaning people in this forum

thank you

[/quote']

Thats kinda what an alpha is, throw in new stuff and see what happens. Beta is usually when they do what your talking about.

Have a bug: every time spawn in debug forest without weapons' date=' with empty backpack and invisible. If I kill myself, I respawn in debug forest again. If I come out of debug forest and kill myself in the nearest village I respawn in debug forest anyway. It happens in every server. Character name: Cpt. Hook. How I can bypass it?

[/quote']

Start over. Bug forest =limbo. Respawning won't get you out when you are there, you aren't really connected to the server.

L

You are correct' date=' it is standard, but it is standard because the vast majorady prefer having aesthetics left up to them. You like this format? That is fine. But you could choose to play only as one gender. it's not the place of a developer to tell the player how to play if it does not impact the gameplay in any meaningful manner. Tell players to not cheat? Good, developers job. Tell them they can't play with aesthetic features next life? That is not the developers call.

[/quote']

Actually... I believe it is. Rocket made the female skins available. He also made them a one time decision. He is, I believe, unless we've all been mislead, the developer. Therefore, the developers call was that female skins be a one time thing. That call has been made. I see no evidence to suggest that this isn't the developer's call. Games are made by the developers, remember, not the customers. While the customers should have an influence on the playthrough of the game, the developer has the final choice as to every aspect. They make the games, dear sir. Not you.