Zambizi

The 95777 Global Ban thread - UPDATED - Acknowledgement at last!

First off I am very sorry to hear about the ban wave hitting legitimate players.

I know this will been seen as nay saying, but it's nothing like that.

I am currently in possession of a M1A4-GL-AGOC, which I have used for some time, stored in tents and gone on many missions with. I'll jump in before the forum trolls find their pitch forks and light their torches. I earned my shiny OP non-legit gun from a hacker that forgot invisibility doesn't work on zombies, that and just because I can't see him doesn't mean I can't shoot him :P

I'll stop stroking my epeen and get to the point, why would legitimate people people who accidentally pick up a random gun one time get banned, while I've been walking around with a clearly hacked gun for some time, plus I've stored it in multiple tents, many times?

I'm not banned, and i hope i don't ever get a false ban. And every player in the community can understand that you are pissed, most of you being banned for nothing. So i just want to thank all of you, because you all sacrifice your game time to help (involuntarily) the community to fight Scripters and Cheaters. Don't forget this, thank you very much, you get my beans.

• Like 2

buthurt scriptkiddies your tears feed my hunger quite well,

proceed with your topic so i can laugh at your frustration

Edited by unknownuser

Ok, finally here is an update: I investigated this with the help of Ondřej Španěl / Suma (BIS lead programmer) and we found that there is a possibility of a race condition on BE's side during the game's disconnect process. It can essentially destroy the integrity of the environment that BE expects and trigger a certain detection. The problem has been fixed and all of bans of the past two days that could have been triggered by such a condition have been removed. There might still be cheaters among those, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that the innocent players should be unbanned now. I'm honestly deeply sorry for this and will do everything to ensure that something like this won't happen again.

$able

Thank you for the apology. I recognize that this was a mistake and am thankful that my ban has been removed. If forfeiting some playing time has benefited the dayz community by banning some of the real hackers, either now or in the future, then I am glad I made the sacrifice.

Thank you to Dingus and the forum mods for keeping this thread open so that we can communicate with others that where also mistakenly banned that they were not alone and how to address the situation, and for not taking the attitude of this guy

buthurt scriptkiddies your tears feed my hunger quite well,

proceed with your topic so i can laugh at your frustration

Edited by unknownuser

• Like 1

Reposting just because. I will also edit the OP with this information.

Ok, finally here is an update: I investigated this with the help of Ondřej Španěl / Suma (BIS lead programmer) and we found that there is a possibility of a race condition on BE's side during the game's disconnect process. It can essentially destroy the integrity of the environment that BE expects and trigger a certain detection. The problem has been fixed and all of bans of the past two days that could have been triggered by such a condition have been removed. There might still be cheaters among those, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that the innocent players should be unbanned now.

I'm honestly deeply sorry for this and will do everything to ensure that something like this won't happen again.

This is from Battleye's $able, source below.

http://forums.bistud...l=1#post2204875

Leaving the thread here for a while so newcomers can see the update.

hullo there

It will be interesting to see if any that claim innocence are still banned after this.

rgds

LoK

I was unbanned. Has anyone who did not send an email get unbanned?

His post states that whoever was banned from this particular error would be or is unbanned. I don't know how he would figure that out though.

BattlEye update...

Update: The issue has been investigated with the help of Ondrej Spanel (BIS lead programmer) and we found that there is a possibility of a race condition on BE's side during the game's disconnect process. It can essentially destroy the integrity of the environment that BE expects and trigger a certain detection. The problem has been fixed and all of bans of the past two days that could have been triggered by such a condition have been removed. There might still be cheaters among those, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that the innocent players should be unbanned now.

We're honestly deeply sorry for this and will do everything to ensure that something like this won't happen again.

http://battleye.com/index.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_condition

My account is active again. No email reply from them, just tried to log in and it worked

Ver: 95819

Was playing about 6hrs ago, encountered a player that had just picked up a shotgun and shot him.

Looked on his body but he had nothing worth taking.

There was so much zombie activity due to our gunfire that I decided to log out, and switch servers.

Found another server and crawled about 50 yards before hiding in some bushes.

I decided to switch servers for a lower population server, logged, and was banned when I tried to

connect to any other server.

Had no interaction to tents, and the only weapons I picked up/used were an UZI, an M14 and a hatchet.

All of which I picked up at spawn points.

As the situation seems to have resolved itself, I will close this thread.

Battleye has a news post regarding the issue, please review it.

http://battleye.com/index.html

If you have any further problems with Battleye global bans, please seek their support.

As a reminder, Day Z does not have any input or influence over Global Bans and appeals for such should not be directed to our forums.

Thanks.

• Like 2