Zambizi

The 95777 Global Ban thread - UPDATED - Acknowledgement at last!

As the situation seems to have resolved itself, I will close this thread.

Battleye has a news post regarding the issue, please review it.

http://battleye.com/index.html

If you have any further problems with Battleye global bans, please seek their support.

As a reminder, Day Z does not have any input or influence over Global Bans and appeals for such should not be directed to our forums.

Thanks. - Dingus

Ok, finally here is an update: I investigated this with the help of Ondřej Španěl / Suma (BIS lead programmer) and we found that there is a possibility of a race condition on BE's side during the game's disconnect process. It can essentially destroy the integrity of the environment that BE expects and trigger a certain detection. The problem has been fixed and all of bans of the past two days that could have been triggered by such a condition have been removed. There might still be cheaters among those, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that the innocent players should be unbanned now.

I'm honestly deeply sorry for this and will do everything to ensure that something like this won't happen again.

This is from Battleye's $able, source below.

http://forums.bistud...l=1#post2204875

-EDIT, updated OP for newcomers to see- Dingus

Out of curiosity and seeing that it's seems there's been a ban wave of legit players (myself included) after install 95777.

My ban happend shortly after interacting with a tent and an ATV, I also have modified .cfg files

So what I'm keen to know find out from the other 95777 bans is:

What was the last "storage" item you interacted with and how long after that (estimate) was you ban.

Do you have a modified .cfg file?

I also had a MASSIVE "lag" spike/fps drop right before the ban.

To haters/people who don't believe we're innocent. Fuck off.

Also please make sure your appealed to BE, and don't post your ban ID's.

The purpose for this is to get the info all in one place, coz BE customer service is hit.

UPDATE:

PLEASE! Keep the crazy out of this thread, please don't reply to the nay sayers/hater/trolls.

Don't be the ass that gets this thread locked.

Also remember to submit your Global Ban ID's to Battleye, instructions HERE

Just remember to replace [at] with @

From the BH forums:

Hey everyone, we're aware of the global banning issue and are investigating since yesterday. Appropriate action will be taken if a false-positive scenario is found. If that is indeed the case I'm terribly sorry for it and will take measures to prevent this from happening in the future. I will write again once more is known.

On another note, it is not possible for a hacker to get an innocent player globally banned. I have read this many times now, but I want everyone to know that this is not possible. The BE global ban system is protected against that.

Link: http://forums.bistud...l=1#post2204704http://forums.bistud...l=1#post2204704

Edited by Dingus
  • Like 1

95777 Ban victim here.

Last storage item was a AS50 TWS, taken from the body of a bandit. I ran up from Elektro to Starry to place said item into a tent. Then I realized that the server where my tents are was running 95777. I switched to 95777 and within 15-20 minutes was banned. I was also interacting with tents.

No modified .cfg files

I did have a massive fps drop before the ban when I loaded into a server which was right before the ban.

Have appealed the ban to battleye but have not received a response as of yet.

I updated on Patch 95777. I was 2 Minutes on my Server to check my Tents.2 hours later i want to join the server again and i was banned.^^

So... the thing you guys got in common is that you were all running 95777 and picked up a hacked weapon at some point?

I came out of a barracks and started walking out of the area then kicked and banned....sent an email but no response from Battleye

So... the thing you guys got in common is that you were all running 95777 and picked up a hacked weapon at some point?

Either that or it's bugged out & thought we've picked up a hacked item.

Could be a bug, that thinks we've activley spawned/hacked an item in.

Which I think it might be.

Could be a bug, that thinks we've activley spawned/hacked an item in.

Which I think it might be.

It would explain why not everybody using 95777 was banned. I used it and never encountered any problems. I never pick up hacked weapons. I bury them with the person I found them on.

• Like 1

I wouldn't know how to tell a weapon was hacked in even if it shot me in face.

• Like 1

I was running the version before 95777 and I got banned... Updated and then got into another server somehow (Battleye protected server). I popped a tent up and moved an M16A2 that I found at a firestation into the tent and then back out of, ran a little ways and got banned. I was running 95777 the second time when I got the message and I can no longer join any server. Been trying to since around 3pm EST. I doubt people will believe me but I never used a hack or a script of any kind. I'm also awaiting an email from Battleye.... I have not heard of anyone else getting unbanned or even an email back.

Edited by mick17

Is the 95777 ban the Global Ban? Because I just got a Global Ban for NOTHING. I do not use hacks, I have never used hacks, not into that bullshit because true gamers don't play that BS. I'm a legit gamer, I haven't changed any files by myself. I bought Arma II + CO on Steam, downloaded the DayZ mod, placed the files in the Steam folder where its supposed to go and I used DayZ Commander to update all files. And today when I started playing I got kicked and banned after a couple of minutes. The last thing I remember seeing that was weird just before I got kicked and banned was that I found two corpses (players) next two each other, they were identical, but they belonged to ONE player.

It feels like I just threw 25 bucks down the drain, because I only bought Arma II + CO to play DayZ and now I can't play it all because of the Global Ban. I've contacted Battle Eye, but I doubt they will believe me. Fucking hackers are ruining it for everyone, for real gamers.

• Like 3

The last thing I remember seeing that was weird just before I got kicked and banned was that I found two corpses (players) next two each other, they were identical, but they belonged to ONE player.

The two players could just have been the same person coming back to loot their dead body, I've done that before.

Please don't turn this thread into a "I WANT MY MONEY BACK THREAD I FEEL CHEATED"

That's not going to help with anything. Keep it on point please.

What where you doing just before your ban? Looting a body? looting a tent? moving shit around your inventory?

95777'er here.

Never picked up an item. New player. Banned within 30 minutes of starting. :/

I did add launch params (-cpuCount=4 -exThread=7) and tweak my CFG files (arma2.cfg and arma2oa.cfg), each to include this:

anisoFilter=0;

TexQuality=0;

TexMemory=0;

useWBuffer=0;

shadingQuality=0;

shadowQuality=0;

soundEnableEAX=1;

soundEnableHW=1; //hardware acceleration, usefull for gaming mode on xfi soundcards

sceneComplexity=150000; //lower values for smoother game (typically 150k being 'very low')

viewDistance=1600.59; //useful if you have trouble with the slider ingame

terrainGrid=40; //more precise than ingame - higher value is less 50=off

mouseSmoothing=1;

I was also banned after installing 95777 was running fine for 20 mins roughly then I put stuff in my tent and started running, I then left the room came back and my game had crashed and when I restarted dayz and tried to rejoin the server I got the message "you were banned" no battle eye message nothing. But my ban isn't global and I know isn't admin ban as I know the admin. So although I can play other servers I feel these problems are related. :(

Edited by SuperVaginator

3 emails now a still not response, will have them another 3 hours, till send another.

3 emails now a still not response, will have them another 3 hours, till send another.

I've seen posts saying it has been 6-7 days with out a response.

Don't hold your breathe mate..

• Like 1

I can be pretty persistant, at the moment I am calm like a bomb, the down time will earn browny points with the MRS so I can go fishing. But I'll send one every 8 hours from now on.

I have a half dozen domains registered for various other projects that I can use as well.

Even thinking of getting some of my german mates in on it.

I am pissed off, it's unfair and I won't give up. Even if it means keeping it up till the standalone comes out.

• Like 1

seems to be something with the tents? i just got a tent from a market and was walking off town and then to find a place to put it, and BAM

im glad theres more than me that got it, that probably means they'll investigate what happened

I also have 10+ years experience in corporate comms & managing unplanned network events and customer experience/expectations for a large telco.

So they can suck my left nut, if they think I will go away and won't bitch like pro.

Busy reading up on German privacy law & what rights I have if my personal information is held by a german company, even though I'm not a german.

There is a way to going about these things.

seems to be something with the tents? i just got a tent from a market and was walking off town and then to find a place to put it, and BAM

im glad theres more than me that got it, that probably means they'll investigate what happened

Yeah I've given up trying to figure out what it is, I suspect itemid's others GUID spoofing. Could be anything. The wall of silence will only flame the flames of discontent.