KetchupOnTheDog

Hackers, and the state of the standalone game?

A replay of your death, available one hour after they happened.

Not at the time of death, because it would grief non-cheating player, by giving away their position, weapons, etc.

just die to a hacker who i put a full clip into and he just 1 shots me with a pistol great game >.> good luck to them when people pay to get hacked killed.

Well After getting hack killed for the umpteen dozenth time, I think they should rename this game to DayH. I've survived zombie encounters, and even a couple normal player run ins, BUT! its the freaking HACKS! that you need to look out for in this game. Shame, this could have been a lot of fun if I didn't have to re-kit every time due to some game Hack these script kitty's run.

Update:

I just got the DayZ SA a couple days ago and as it stands i haven't yet been killed due to a nefarious players lack of sportsmanship, and the game as it stands in development is a great enjoyment to play. So much so my wife will be joining me soon.

Edited by Evil_

I am so fucking sick of these god damn threads.

Am I literally the only person who has seen a hacker once, and I didn't even die from him?

Seriously, in all my time I've sunk into DayZ, a hacker has never graced me.

I never seen 1 person that i could confirm was a hacker. Ever@

I assure you, you two are very lucky.

I usually play during the week, after work, and I don't see much hacking, only occasionally say 1 in 3 servers joined. But, play during the day on a weekend and it's a whole new ball game. Hackers give you random gear, steal your gear, warp your around, spawn helicopters, nuke, servers, spawn massive fires and many other crazy things that get you killed.

It is a big problem, the Earth is a sphere, not flat.

Im kinda curious if this was a weird glitch or I killed a cheater.

I see 2people and i shoot both. 1disapears completely (might have logged) the other drops down on the floor after 5orso bullets (has cammo but no ultra great weapon).

I dont get any murder on debug monitor but my skin changes to bandit.

He was wearing the best backpack so i drop my current one loot his, loot some other stuff he had on him and moved on.

5mins later i get some kind weird issue that looks like im spawning ontop of water and i automaticly pull out my pistol. I then revert back to my normal location and my new backpack disapears and i end up with my old backpack (might still have the new items in it didnt pay that much attention to it). My bandit skin got also removed and humanity set to 0.

Is this because i didnt completely kill him and while he was KO and i looted his shit he switched server and when he logged in a new server his backpack reverted back to his body? I still kept most/all of the items i looted from him in my main inventory.

Didnt think this was worth a new topic so just decided to put it here.

Edited by Nick Larking

I wonder are there any mods even left? Seems hacking is all DayZ is known for now?

Let's see. I spawned into one server and as soon as I logged in I hear bones break and the game says, "You Have Been Killed." I check my status and it says I have a broken leg but full health. There's a brief glimpse of me swimming in the ocean and that's it. Anyway, I disconnected and logged back in since I wasn't trying to avoid death anyway and there's my corpse full of loot (I leave it there, not a hoarder myself and not particularly feeling fair that a glitch rewards me with double my loot). No one comes by to take my stuff even though I'm carrying an alice pack with a M107 in it and I figure it's a glitched or hacked server.

So I switch servers. Next one, it's taking me forever (I realize after this much time that if it takes forever to load into a server, someone is running a script to keep track of new logins and intends to fuck them over), but I wait a while anyway. After ten minutes I hear voices and someone starts making machine gun noises and a bunch of people are laughing and I hear, "Hey, nice spawn." I figure someone's about to fuck with me so I disconnect. I think it was one of the Rooster Teeth servers.

I log into another full Rooster Teeth server (maybe the same one, maybe not). There's no one around. I find a downed chopper, run in, grab it, and then hack a couple of zombies. Then I hear the wild crack of gunfire. So, naturally, I serpentine the fuck out of there. I don't have a shock tag or anything, but I'm clearly being shot at. Anyway, bullets are flying all around me, zombies are chasing me, and I make it to the treeline and hit the ground. I disappear into one of the trees, then pass through three more trees, checking all around me, and disappear.

After a bit, I suddenly hear a single silenced gunshot, get a broken leg, and the screen tells me, "You Are Dead."

Just like last time, the only thing that affected me was a broken leg. No blood loss, no shock, no unconsciousness. Just a broken leg and a "You Are Dead" screen.

So I go onto a new server. After dying fair and square looting a corpse on the coast "You Are Dead" it shows me at -10,000 something health (yay, .50 cal sniper rifles), I realize the last two deaths are some new insta-kill script and this shit is getting pretty ridiculous.

Anyway, I respawn and make my way across Cherno. A sniper chases after me the whole way and in the meantime I acquire a .45. He finally decides to come down and face me one-on-one and I spot his ghillie suit moving between the boards of a fence and line up a prone shot and wait. He sprints around the corner and...

POP POP...

By the second shot, he stops sprinting and gets out his sniper rifle...

POP...

He aims...

POP!...

That's four shots right into his face and neck...he starts firing his rifle at me and knocks me unconscious and then kills me.

I see as I die that I have -something health, so it wasn't a hack kill. But I also see that no blood is coming from his ghillie suit and he seems completely unbothered by the fact that I just pumped four rounds from a revolver into his chest.

That's at least three hackers on three servers in as many hours, two of them being insta-kill hacks I'd never even heard of before and one of them being a godmode hack that allowed the hacker to completely ignore gunshots.

This game is a waste of my time. Just got killed by a hacker. Took me 4 days to get all of my equipment legitimately. Next time I'm just going to dupe it all. There's no point in playing by the rules if you just get punished for it.

Let's see. I spawned into one server and as soon as I logged in I hear bones break and the game says, "You Have Been Killed." I check my status and it says I have a broken leg but full health. There's a brief glimpse of me swimming in the ocean and that's it. Anyway, I disconnected and logged back in since I wasn't trying to avoid death anyway and there's my corpse full of loot (I leave it there, not a hoarder myself and not particularly feeling fair that a glitch rewards me with double my loot). No one comes by to take my stuff even though I'm carrying an alice pack with a M107 in it and I figure it's a glitched or hacked server.

So I switch servers. Next one, it's taking me forever (I realize after this much time that if it takes forever to load into a server, someone is running a script to keep track of new logins and intends to fuck them over), but I wait a while anyway. After ten minutes I hear voices and someone starts making machine gun noises and a bunch of people are laughing and I hear, "Hey, nice spawn." I figure someone's about to fuck with me so I disconnect. I think it was one of the Rooster Teeth servers.

I log into another full Rooster Teeth server (maybe the same one, maybe not). There's no one around. I find a downed chopper, run in, grab it, and then hack a couple of zombies. Then I hear the wild crack of gunfire. So, naturally, I serpentine the fuck out of there. I don't have a shock tag or anything, but I'm clearly being shot at. Anyway, bullets are flying all around me, zombies are chasing me, and I make it to the treeline and hit the ground. I disappear into one of the trees, then pass through three more trees, checking all around me, and disappear.

After a bit, I suddenly hear a single silenced gunshot, get a broken leg, and the screen tells me, "You Are Dead."

Just like last time, the only thing that affected me was a broken leg. No blood loss, no shock, no unconsciousness. Just a broken leg and a "You Are Dead" screen.

So I go onto a new server. After dying fair and square looting a corpse on the coast "You Are Dead" it shows me at -10,000 something health (yay, .50 cal sniper rifles), I realize the last two deaths are some new insta-kill script and this shit is getting pretty ridiculous.

Anyway, I respawn and make my way across Cherno. A sniper chases after me the whole way and in the meantime I acquire a .45. He finally decides to come down and face me one-on-one and I spot his ghillie suit moving between the boards of a fence and line up a prone shot and wait. He sprints around the corner and...

POP POP...

By the second shot, he stops sprinting and gets out his sniper rifle...

POP...

He aims...

POP!...

That's four shots right into his face and neck...he starts firing his rifle at me and knocks me unconscious and then kills me.

I see as I die that I have -something health, so it wasn't a hack kill. But I also see that no blood is coming from his ghillie suit and he seems completely unbothered by the fact that I just pumped four rounds from a revolver into his chest.

That's at least three hackers on three servers in as many hours, two of them being insta-kill hacks I'd never even heard of before and one of them being a godmode hack that allowed the hacker to completely ignore gunshots.

Hacking is a problem in this mod, but now your being just paranoid. The first death you describe in a common bug that has happened to me many times. It seems to happen especially when joining a server with older beta. Sometimes it spawns you on the coast with all your gear, most times in the right location, next to your dead body, all gear duped. This is not a hack, it's a bug. Also, getting stuck in the loading screen is not a hack, it is a bug ffs.

Then you are telling me it must have beem a hacker that shot you at the helicrash site. I think you simply got legitly sniped in the head. Dude, for example, you couldn't get away from me by running to treeline, hitting the ground and "disappearing". I've got a thermal l85. No hacking needed to headshot you proning in the trees. I don't think the broken bone icon means necessarily that your legs are broken, but you have broken bones, from the shot that also killed you.

The third death either doesn't mean you encountered hacking, .45 caliber guns are shit. You really need like 9 shots to the chest to kill a fully heathy player with a 1911 or revolver. Two shots from rifle kill you. It propably was a legit fire fight.

None of the things you described means there was hacking involved.

I've played this since May. I have not seen a single hacker. There has been no hacker problems on the servers that i play. (lol now the hackers will hunt me down) Only Veteran, no 3rd, no croshair -servers.

Many popular multiplayer game has hacker problems at some point. Battleye is not good. But now that ArmA II has sold shitloads. I bet they are more interested of solving this hacker problem with this game.

Every goddamn Dayz thread all over the internet is full of hacker this, hacker that rant. That's just what the hackers want. But not every buggy death is done by hacker in ArmAII/dayz. OFP/ArmA/ArmAII, there has always been weird deaths in multiplayer because of the shitty netcode. I hate hackers and cheaters as anyone but jeesus it's not the end of the world and it's not mod makers fault that there is people out there who live from the tears of other players. Huh i feel better now... Hate the hackers, not the game.

Muther f... Best character yet. Has camo clothing, decent weapons, has raided the hospital and was stocked up. Then teleported to the "Thunderdome". No option to abort so I had to force quit. Everything gone.

recently i got hacked at the NE airfield

i met there with some friends, suddenly someone was right in front of me despite me being extremely well hidden under a bush near a pine tree

took my AS50 and pumped him full of nato rounds...

a few seconds later, two guys come running to the corpse of the guy, they didn't notice me, just sprayed shots in my general direction

they stand still a while, suddenly one of them looks straight at me in a splitsecond, i want to shoot him, but my inventory is completely empty

somehow i managed to get my M4sd out of my backpack before he started shooting, and i unloaded my whole clip into him

he dropped down, his friend shot me, the end

soon after my friends on the other side of the airfield (10-20 seconds after that incident) got shot from close proximity by three guys with M4SDs

Five minutes ago...server-hopping bandit spawned right in my cross-hairs just after I finished looting her stashed silenced M9. I carefully backed away (I was debating firing the gun but decided against it). She asked me if I wanted any meds and I said, "Newp," saluted, and dashed off into the woods.

I get a couple kilometers, go prone, and decide to change my graphics settings because my screen is sputtering. While my screen reboots I hear the sound of legs breaking and zombies screaming and flies buzzing and wait patiently to die.

Except...screen returns...I'm not dead. In fact, my leg's not broken either. There I am, lying in the middle of a pile of bodies and some guy says, "Isn't this an interesting place to be?"

I hit my scroll wheel and all I see is "Open Alice Pack." I hit G and unfortunately, all I have is that silenced M9 and this game still STUPIDLY forces you to get to one knee to check gear if you're holding a pistol (seriously, BI? Not on a priority of things to fix?)...as I rise to a knee a voice on the radio says, "Oh, that's interesting." I snatch the Alice Pack and Alt+F4 like a motherfucker.

Okay, logged into a new server. Looks like I didn't get to keep the backpack. :( Oh well, still got my silenced but incredibly nerfed M9.

• Like 1

once you can consistently headshot with handguns the m9 becomes a god send, BlazBake.Silence is too great @_@ I wonder if these people who say they've not run into a "hacker" are just lucky or don't recognize when someone is "hacking".

Edited by internetTAB
  • Like 2

The next to last time I was killed by a hacker there were only 2 people on the server before the hacker logged in and killed us both.

If they think you're trying to avoid them it makes you that much more juicy of a target.

This is true, they dont care how many are in the server. Sat Morning i was on a server with a mate (only 2 of us in the server), a third guy logged in and spwned next to us and shot us. Lucky for us he was crap at shooting...LOL.

He then logged out, Odd ...!!

ReS

I keep getting killed from hackers, there's more and more and they won't stop coming. I'm quitting until they fix the problem. Once they fix it they better do a character wipe as well.

This is true, they dont care how many are in the server. Sat Morning i was on a server with a mate (only 2 of us in the server), a third guy logged in and spwned next to us and shot us. Lucky for us he was crap at shooting...LOL.

He then logged out, Odd ...!!

ReS

Thats how that particular hack works. You can log in next to someone. Need to move on to someone else? Log out and log in again.

It's happened to me a few times. Usually the hacker is also invisible and invulnerable.

Sucks...

Also...why is this thread pinned?

I am so fucking sick of these god damn threads.

Am I literally the only person who has seen a hacker once, and I didn't even die from him?

Seriously, in all my time I've sunk into DayZ, a hacker has never graced me.

LOL--- YES, you are the only dayz player in the world who has only managed to see a hacker one time, and even moreso havent died to any.

How much fun is it playing in <5 man servers that are pitch black ALL THE TIME?

Quit acting like hacking isnt an issue, it is literally impossible to play dayz more than 2 hours now on ANY server without getting squashed by script kiddies either thunderdoming everyone, or spamming AS50's non stop

I hate hackers and cheaters as anyone but jeesus it's not the end of the world and it's not mod makers fault that there is people out there who live from the tears of other players. Huh i feel better now... Hate the hackers, not the game.

It can be the end of the game and for some of us it will probably be. I have no interest in keeping a server up where its basic usage iis to entertain cheaters. And yes, the game is helping the cheaters cheat big time. Take log removal in .5, which makes bad things harder or almost impossible to see, and for which there is no justification at all. If the game wanted to combat cheaters they'd give us tools to do so, not remove the few things we had.

When I look at other games, I have to admit that there will be no save way to avoid players with god mode, aimbot or wallhacks. However we can ban them if we meet them. Since all characters are bind to game serial numbers, just ban the cd key and we are good.

In a stand alone they can probably get rid of the scripter though. That's a start.

You guys ever see constant death messages from 1 character dying every 3-5 seconds? I have a feeling that its something hackers do to avoid being banned by BE when teleporting. Why? Because if your character sends a message to the server that you dies, than your body "teleports" back to the beach.

I know its a stretch, but I was playing on a US 249 which was "hack city bitch, hack hack city bitch", but I didn't really care at this point, as every server I encounter recently is effed up the a. So I'm running to my body after getting killed by a tree. As I approach I hear a chopper, but its all staticy, like direct comms. I realize pretty quickly that its an invisible hacker using direct, and I type "Hey Hacker". He types "Hey Dima. Here". Suddenly, I am decked out with AS50, Ghille, m9sd, food, water, NVGs, Rangefinder... every tool. I didn't ask for it so I figured, what the heck. I ran around like an idiot (lately there is no point in setting up a base or trying to achieve some high end goal), and about 5 min later, this guy gets banned for teleporting by BE. About an hour after that, me and some friend get mowed down by a guy who is teleporting, blatantly and obviously. We were seeing multiple death messages of the same name and saw the same exact message merely seconds before he popped onto our screens. I can't confirm it was the same guy, but I have a hunch that if a death message is received in between teleports, BE thinks its kosher. Hope that helps in some minute way.

• Like 1