KetchupOnTheDog

Hackers, and the state of the standalone game?

I LOL'ed. Is IT REALLY THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND?! THIS IS A FREAKING MOD.

Arma is designed to run scripts, and BI won't disable that!!!! BE can't fight that, and the DayZ dev team can't do anything about it!!

When DayZ becomes standalone, they will disable scripts!!! Seriously, is it that hard to understand that?!!!!

http://dayzmod.com/f...u-need-to-know/

You sir can have my Beans!!! Sad thing is people will not read what you wrote. They probably don't understand what you are saying and won't take the time to look it up. They will create another post proclaiming their love for the game and they can't understand how BI or Rocket could let this happen. Dem Internets!!!!

• Like 2

We understand that the what enables hacking can only be solved in the standalone. What I don't understand why Rocket can't just let people treat the symptoms at least, give admins the ability to ban and make a list of all the hackers. If someone is banned, it will be transmitted to the hive and this means global ban for at least 48 hours or until the standalone is released with a fix. Yes some innocent people will be banned, but better lose 1% of the players that will have to wait for the full version (even if its unfair) then having an unplayable game and current players going down 5% every day.

Edited by DieBrotmafia

Last 2-3 characters ive had, ive geared up, and am about to go and track down a vehicle or something, and bam, im summoned to some location far away with everyone else from the server. All my loot is gone. Yay. Also, I have been randomly killed with no warning and no one around me. No chance of a sniper as I was surrounded by bushes, no gunshots heard and I was running full speed. This has happened to me at least 2 times. This game is amazing, however, it is very frustrating in a game that can take an hour or 2 to just get some decent shit, only to have it hacked away.

--Also, I see a lot of people saying to ban players for 48 hours or what not. I dont understand this leniency. If someone is caught cheating, ban them FOREVER. A much steeper penalty for game crushing actions.

Edited by tweenprincess

Hello,

First off i know this is the internet, and no one cares, but. I really want to like this game. i just wish every 15~45minutes i wasn't teleported along with everyone else in the server and all killed. I'm sure the devs are doing what they can, it just really sucks. :(

/end

Hello,

First off i know this is the internet, and no one cares, but. I really want to like this game. i just wish every 15~45minutes i wasn't teleported along with everyone else in the server and all killed. I'm sure the devs are doing what they can, it just really sucks.

/end

You either have really bad luck, or keep going on high pop, high traffic servers like an idiot.

I still haven't been killed by a hacker. Hacked weapons, yes, but not one tele/god mode hacker has killed me.

Omfg there's been hacking on PC games since 1997 or sooner.

I played Dark Forces Jedi Knight 2 online and hackers was about then!

So If your still moaning about it after all these years buy a fucking PS3 or stfu.

Unreal, every game forum for a PC game u always read about Hacks.

Face it PC games will always be hacked.

Well dayz is unique in itself, It's not gonna have a long lifespan if practically every high pop server has a chance have hackers. I've seen entire servers empty to nothing because hackers wiped it

You either have really bad luck, or keep going on high pop, high traffic servers like an idiot.

I still haven't been killed by a hacker. Hacked weapons, yes, but not one tele/god mode hacker has killed me.

Dude, just because it hasn't happened to you does not mean that it is not a big problem.

I know 7 people who love this mod but refuse to play it because their progress comes to naught when they are nuked or teleported. THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM.

Just the other night I came across a player in Cherno with M4CCO and Coyote backpack. My friend and I are like "nice gear". Long story shot I shot him twice point blank with a double barrel and my friend shot him four times with a M1014. He just laughed and then wasted us both. GOD MODE.

I've been Instakilled, killed by invisibles, teleported into the ocean, teleported into the sky and killed by spawned helicopters. All times of the day, on different servers with varying player counts.

p.s calling someone an idiot because they play on a high traffic server makes you sound like a douche.

Edited by dr'

Best way to avoid hackers. Go on low populated servers. Hackers never go on those.

bullshit mate, thats bullshit i was alone on a server had found a downd heliw ith alot awesoem stuff, and he spawns me in the air so i falls and dies... so "yay!!" cant wait for the standalone version

DE 844 was just hacked. Everyone was teleported into the water to gridref: 239159..... Inventory and mags are all gone. What do i do now ? starve my self to death ?

Really annoying because i have L85A2 AWS, rangefinder, GPS and Nightvision.... How the hell do i get all that again.

Edited by Gyr0

Haha ! I logged into the second server since the hack. I spawned outside elektro with my gear intact, except my inventory and mags.

Gyro is back in business bitches! YEAH!

I LOL'ed. Is IT REALLY THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND?! THIS IS A FREAKING MOD.

Arma is designed to run scripts, and BI won't disable that!!!! BE can't fight that, and the DayZ dev team can't do anything about it!!

When DayZ becomes standalone, they will disable scripts!!! Seriously, is it that hard to understand that?!!!!

http://dayzmod.com/f...u-need-to-know/

Glad you got a laugh out of that and thanks for the link (It definitely needs bumping on this thread for those of us who don't understand). Was how I felt after my 5th hacked death of the day. But at least now I know better now eh? :)

i totally agree. the community im with who play a number of games recently was given a dayz server kindly by rocket and his team.

only in the last 2 days, hackers... and i mean 10 hackers at a time spawn helicopters and all crash into cities.

then when people arrive on the scene, make it so the all fall unconscious and run up and kill with an axe.

if i was going to say what has to be changed, is rocket implement the plans he had posted in another topic to log everyone and to permi ban anyone using modded games.(know one needs to even touch the files, so ban them all) and this shall also stop server hoppers who constantly sit at barracks, fire stations and take all the good stuff. make it so its good to stay on one server, this way peeps wont server hop, hacker can be easily caught as it will be odd if there the only ones hoping around and then i can go a find some freakin beans in cherno!

from england, over and out

That would be a good idea if you only play DayZ. What about the people that play games like Takistani life or those other mods which you people probably never heard of. They have custom vehicles and decals which are edited and added into core game files. Thus if you make that a ban system anyone with just even a simple mod other than DayZ will get banned

The level of blantant hacking going on is ruining the playability and spirit of the mod for sure, not sure how anyone could argue that. Based on what I've seen it doesn't appear it will get any better and hackers have no fear of BE being able to stop and/or ban them for it. That being the case, until the DayZ team allows for private hives and/or at least gives paying server admins the ability to privatize their servers to trusted users, there is no hope the mod will be playable until the standalone arrives on shelves.

It's an amazing game with amazing amount of potential, it's a shame that there is a growing percentage of hackers out there that feel the need to ruin it for the bulk of us AND there is nothing admin's are "allowed" to do about it. That last part may be the most disturbing.

flame on

Edited by THEDirtySanchez

Crying cause of cheater/hacker?

Everyone can dupe any item he want cause of the serverrestart/refill tent bug. So un neednt any hack. And a standalone version wont change anything :)

Edited by liqSTAR

Crying cause of cheater/hacker?

Not exactly. If someone wants to cheat to get better gear because they are too lazy or have no interest to "play" the game/mod, that's one thing. To ruin the experience for everyone else by doing a kill all, that's not cheating, that's just someone being an ass. That would be like going over and kicking over a chess board after 2 guys have spent hours getting into the meat of the game. You would never do that though because you would get your ass kicked. The internet provides you protection and it's abused.

It's just a dick move, nothing else. Cheat if you have to, just leave me out of it.

Glad you got a laugh out of that and thanks for the link (It definitely needs bumping on this thread for those of us who don't understand). Was how I felt after my 5th hacked death of the day. But at least now I know better now eh? :)

I laughed cause he was acting like cheating is a problem Rocket can fix, and just refuses to! That's wrong. People really need to realize that this is just a mod