KetchupOnTheDog

Hackers, and the state of the standalone game?

OK case

I see hackers every day these days.

Just got hit by hackers again, dropped in the middle of the airfield twice and everyone on the server died. Third time I see hackers in 2 days. Bear in mind, I was on a low pop server (10 or 11 people) so it's not like they just hit high pop servers...

Since Battleye does not give summaries for the ban issue, how do we know that people have not been wrongfully global banned?

From what I've found reading the hacker forums, a hacker can take you GUID and use it. If they use it and inject a cheat without bypassing battleye, that account GUID is instantly banned. So then two people are then kicked/banned globally, but all the hacker has to do is reastart their game and they are back to using their original GUID, While the client who had their GUID used illegally losses their copy of Arma2.

So, without summaries comming from BE as to the issue of the ban, I'm looking into a class action to have those summaries, based on logs, made public. Because in the past other anti-cheat faulse positives and hickups have had people lose their games, but the companies involved in the protocol do extensive resaerch to understand their issues and report them back to the comunity. I'm going to assume that an anti-cheat company that does not share summaries of bans has broken protocols to hide. So for that, I'm looking into a class action to have these accounts of hacks made public so that we may understand if BE is just having identity issues based on client-to-client script injection(which are noticed in the logs), or if it is truly a broken service.

Why I'm doing this. I now know 5 people who have been GUID banned and they don't have enough knowledge to be able to do such things. And each of them received their global ban while defending a camp or attacking other groups.

If the standalone is C++ with important files run client side, I'm staying away from DayZ. I've not seen any writing on what engine they are moving to, which makes me concerned for my money!

More to come... Now, all the children and tweenies can talk all the shit they want!

They said RV4

just wait till the stand alone. it shouldnt be much longer till it is out. It will be much easier to deal with the hackers. Be thankful you are even able to play a alpha. It could be like blizzard and take 10 years to come out and still be shit.

Well I was killed again today. I spent many hours playing the game to get killed by hackers. I enjoyed the game so much but after being killed like fifth time by hackers?! I just hate it right now. Every other player I met is trying to kill me ( even if i call friendly, even if I was aiming at them all the time when they didnt know about me and didnt shoot, no matter what you do) There´s no reason to play this. What can u accomplish? Death by a hacker? I just wanted to give ArmA II back and take my money but I run out of time (14 days period for free return) now I will have to wait for standalone and pay for it again. Just great.

So what I wanted to say: it´s full of cheaters making the game unplayable, the rest of the players is just a bunch of morons ( I met 2-3 guys that were OK). Playing it at this state is just loss of time.

if they make the game cost more than usual then the hackers parents wont buy it for them.

• Like 1

I don't recommend to anyone that asks me to buy Arma2 just to play DayZ. I just can't recommend this game to anyone in it's current state. Alpha glitches and bugs can be tolerated. Getting nuked by hackers over and over every time I get even close to getting a character geared up is just too frustrating.

I don't understand all these people saying it get nuked or tele by a hacker. I've never had it happen. Ever. Maybe I'm just lucky who knows. I've seen people spawn stuff in before, and seen people who might have god mode, but never mass killings.

Omfg there's been hacking on PC games since 1997 or sooner.

I played Dark Forces Jedi Knight 2 online and hackers was about then!

So If your still moaning about it after all these years buy a fucking PS3 or stfu.

Unreal, every game forum for a PC game u always read about Hacks.

Face it PC games will always be hacked.

Edited by Maniacmike

Omfg there's been hacking on PC games since 1997 or sooner.

I played Dark Forces Jedi Knight 2 online and hackers was about then!

So If your still moaning about it after all these years buy a fucking PS3 or stfu.

Unreal, every game forum for a PC game u always read about Hacks.

Face it PC games will always be hacked.

There is a difference between occasional hackers and the amount of hackers DayZ has at the moment. Your post was ever so helpful.

I don't understand all these people saying it get nuked or tele by a hacker. I've never had it happen. Ever. Maybe I'm just lucky who knows. I've seen people spawn stuff in before, and seen people who might have god mode, but never mass killings.

Are you sure you're playing the same game? You're either the luckiest guy in the world or you haven't actuallly played that much. I've been nuke-killed along with whole servers 4 times just yesterday :(

I can offer some perspective for the people saying that hacking isn't that big of a problem... I hadn't really seen much of hacking for the first several weeks I played, other than item inflation (shouldn't be coming across this many L85s, etc...). Then a few nights ago, BAM, everyone teleported into the sky and fell to the ground. I chuckled... not that big of a deal I said... only broke my legs so I logged into a different server, bandaged up, and crawled around. Eventually I met up with a friend who gave me morphine and it was cool.

The next night my character randomly started dancing for a minute or so. I was a little annoyed, but no big deal. Just log out and go somewhere else.

The next night everyone teleported into a field and was attacked by mortar fire or something... the whole field was exploding. I didn't log out in time, and lost all my gear. That sucked... but I really wouldn't be that upset, except it's literally been three hacks in three nights... and these are obvious ones, designed for the express purpose of griefing and ruining other peoples enjoyment of the game. It's stupid and pointless.

Dancing, that's for lulz... air dropping a battalion of cows? lulz. They're annoying, but whatever, it's the internet. Killing everyone on a server? That's called being a hateful little prick.

So yeah... it's certainly possible to avoid hacks, but only out of luck, or by sticking to lower pop servers, but it's not fool proof and as the situation escalates BI, Rocket, and crew run the risk of loosing some of the momentum they're trying to build with this mod. It's really going to suck if that's what happens.

I am thoroughly confused as to why this thread got stickied, while mine was removed.

• Like 1

There is nothing you can do about it, the devs have already heard our outcries and are doing what they can. So stop complaining, some people come onto the forums to read about other things than people complaining.

First of all, learn to spell above a third grade level. Secondly, my statement was actually making the exact opposite point. Your thread IS concerning an exhaustively-reported, thoroughly discussed subject. I also suggested that maybe if you were to do some reading in the forums before posting, you'd have figured that out.

I'm not a clever douche. I read your OP. The point of your post was to speculate on a stand-alone game that was just announced. You pointed to the fact that there are many hackers in the current DayZ mod. You may not be aware, but the DayZ mod is subject to a vast number of limitations in the ARMA II game engine. If you took a second to educate yourself, you'd learn that ARMA II is plagued by much of the same hacking that you see in DayZ.

A stand-alone, however, gives rocket and his team more flexibility to implement their own safeguards and anti-cheat protection that they are unable to implement in the mod. Common sense would dictate that they would take steps to do this. The point is, just because there is widespread hacking in this mod, doesn't mean there will necessarily be widespread hacking in the stand-alone.

Also, maybe the fact that the "dumb douche" has better spelling and is more articulate than you should tell you something.

I could very much simply copy/paste my last post, but I'll try to make it shorter; your answer proves that I touched a subject that needs/needed discussions, clarifications, theories or praises.

@grammar nazying: u mad ? Making fun of someone's else second language, that must take balls. :) So yeah, we can keep that going on forever, I proved twice that everything you tried to blame me for was wrong, so I'll just ignore you from now on.

Are you sure you're playing the same game? You're either the luckiest guy in the world or you haven't actuallly played that much. I've been nuke-killed along with whole servers 4 times just yesterday :(

Never encountered anything like Nuking or mass killings. The only hacking I was a victim of was when friends and I were raiding tents. A hacker tele'd on a hill and sniped one of my friends. My other friend and I drove up there and ran him over but as soon as we got out of the car, he had already tele'd behind us and sniped my other friend. I drove the uaz out with him frantically trying to kill me until he tele'd in front of the car and killed me.

Edited by shadow293

just posting this here in case it gets lost in the other thread:

Hacking is currently making the game unplayable and is THE #1 Issue, becoming more and more common...

The night before last the server I was playing on flashed white a few times - and then everyone in the server got teleported into the sky and people fell to their death - fortunately I managed to D/C however a few friends ( and many others in the server weren't so lucky ) . Last night I joined 3 servers, First one I noticed strange white circles around NPC's and then within 10 minutes someone had teleported next to me (I was totally hidden in a tree) spammed leg breaking noises and was then instagibbed / insta-killed... then the server went down... lost all my stuff.

Met up with friends on another server starting fresh, got some basic gear started making my way to meet up with some friends... after meeting up with them within 30minutes we all got teleported together and everyone was killed. Trying to rejoin another server and their were vehicles and tents spawned everywhere - then that server got shut down.Completely unplayable...

My friends and I lost all our gear / spent time trying to meet up only to have completely game-breaking hacks scripted in to ensure that there is no point putting any more time in the game until there is better prevention.

US500 , Seattle 61, NZ 04 / 06 , ANZ 04, were some of the servers for those interested

- but honestly it seems as though its everywhere at the moment.

• Like 3

I'm really tired of everybody freaking out over hackers.

Rule #1- Don't get attached to your loot. That was everybody's mantra, slogan, bedtime prayer, and name when the forums were all survivors complaining about bandits a week ago. But now that hackers show up it's okay to cry about losing our loot, and its okay to name your AS50 Spitfire's Thunder then flip out when it's gone.

You can get a good gun with loads of food and already be headed North within ten minutes of spawning, and be at the NWAF within an hour. Even if all you've got is an hour you can come back the next day. Yes hackers are a problem, yes I have been hacked. In six hours over the course of a week a few friends and I went from having no vehicles to seven without stealing any of them except for one, and then lost everything because of hackers. So horrible. But they're working to fix it and crying won't solve anything.

Edited by MRJOEYBON

I envy the people who can honestly say "I've never seen a hacker" or "I've only been hacked once"

For myself and most of my guild it's a daily occurence. Some people are just lucky.

Vas.

Realistically, the only way to prevent seeing a hacker is to always be on a low pop server and make it your home.

Realistically, the only way to prevent seeing a hacker is to always be on a low pop server and make it your home.

The sad part is i found an amazing server that is kinda low pop, super fast loading, great ping. But by the time i get home from work and other things it is night time and night is impossible to play in.

lol this game is a joke now.. nice way to lose your fan base rocket.

THE WAR Z

Edited by b owned

I'm really tired of everybody freaking out over hackers.

Rule #1- Don't get attached to your loot. That was everybody's mantra, slogan, bedtime prayer, and name when the forums were all survivors complaining about bandits a week ago. But now that hackers show up it's okay to cry about losing our loot, and its okay to name your AS50 Spitfire's Thunder then flip out when it's gone.

You can get a good gun with loads of food and already be headed North within ten minutes of spawning, and be at the NWAF within an hour. Even if all you've got is an hour you can come back the next day. Yes hackers are a problem, yes I have been hacked. In six hours over the course of a week a few friends and I went from having no vehicles to seven without stealing any of them except for one, and then lost everything because of hackers. So horrible. But they're working to fix it and crying won't solve anything.

I would rather lose my loot to a bandit than a hacker. I think we should be able to cry about hackers because I worked hard for the loot I have and then some script kiddie runs by and kills me. There is no justice for killing me just because it is fun, this script kiddie can easily spawn my gear on him without the hassle. It is just the fact I walked into the NW airfield multiple times to find NVGs and then I am killed with-in seconds do to a hacker.