unhap

Global Bans for legit players?

I just decided to buy the game again seeing as I don't think that BE will be responding anytime soon... If I get banned again I'll let you guys know.

NO, RECORD! NAO! If you do get banned, you'll have no proof if you dont record!

Do people who got banned bought the game on the BIStudios shop ?

I just decided to buy the game again seeing as I don't think that BE will be responding anytime soon... If I get banned again I'll let you guys know.

and then you got bugged by BE again or GUID spoofed by a hacker? no they wont get 30euro again from me.

I will fight for the truth ^^

Do people who got banned bought the game on the BIStudios shop ?

Nope, i have Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA in steam

NO, RECORD! NAO! If you do get banned, you'll have no proof if you dont record!

But what if they ban me again for using fraps lol, because you know that's "totally illegal and destroys the game and is hacking and shit" - BE

But what if they ban me again for using fraps lol, because you know that's "totally illegal and destroys the game and is hacking and shit" - BE

Send them rotten beans, atm they deserv it

I logged in last night and lost an alice pack. Last time I logged out in the school in Electro and spawned in a house in cherno without my ALICE pack when I logged in. I logged out again then I spawned at Kamenka with everything I had before (no ALICE pack though). I ran to cherno, looted, and logged out.

Will BattlEye see this as speed running or something? I haven't played today so I have no idea if I got bitch smacked for a global ban. Also to everyone who has been banned, I believe you. BattlEye is terrible. TERRIBLE. It crashes all the time and doesn't even do a good or semi-decent job of banning hackers. I wouldn't be surprised if the just banned everyone just to say "Hey! We gots all dems hackers n such!"

Guest Dwarden

this thread should be closed for massive trolling ... and urban myths :)

• Like 2

I got banned. What would you say, as a Bohemia developer, if you had the proof I've never used any hack/cheat/script ?

Guest Dwarden

sure send me your GUID and IPs you play from and i will take look on it , don't expect mercy if that GUID cheated ...

you the guy from BI lol?

Ah, you have the possibility to look up all the information about a BE globalban ? That's cool :o

Also, pm'd

sure send me your GUID and IPs you play from and i will take look on it , don't expect mercy if that GUID cheated ...

I'd love to but who are you?

If I see proof, I'll give my info.

Also, it's funny how the entire community goes from calling BE total shit by not catching cheaters, to praising it for an erroneous banning spree.

If I see proof, I'll give my info.

Anyone could come onto these forums with the name of someone from a different company and go LOL LOOK IT'S ME. It's really not that hard.

plus proof would be nice, yes

EDIT: How would someone that works at Bohemia be able to control Battleye bans anyway?

Edited by Noise

Funny thing until DayZ came along global bans were never a problem.

Just another script kiddy that got caught. I'm amazed he didn't do the usual blame "FRAPS" for making BE think he was using a hack.

Posted this on a different Reddit post, but this still applies.

Okey, so I got to the same conclusion as you did - most of the bans are happening to people running 95660 or newer patches.

Then I went to the BI forums and found out that have been some changes made since that patch and one of them is how items/vehicles/etc. are spawned in MP.

They removed the setVehicleInit and also processInitCommands (not 100% sure about this) from the game, as I understand it, it means that no script execution can be done from the client regarding those two.

For more information on this, read this thread here:http://forums.bistud...(1-62-MP-build)

This could mean there are false positives because of the changes.. Thought I'd share this and someone with a better understanding could comment on this.

So if the beta patch is the problem why aren't the Arma 2 forums flooded with complaints about global bans???

I'll answer that for you. The OP and others who cry foul about Battleye are LYING..

The lame excuse blaming FRAPS for triggering a false positive got used and abused so much that the hackers/Script kiddies had to find another scapegoat.

Beta patches are now the new lame excuse for being busted by Battleye.

Edited by jblackrupert

Cheaters will often say something "plausable" to try to sound innocent, like ("I edited my config, or fraps, and at the most deperate "my friend or little brother") see it all the time.

I am not saying either way if the people in this thread as telling the truth, I doubt ALL of them are legit, but I would hate to think that there are innocent people being banned.

I do have the latest patch, I have edited my configs, and I can still play no problems, no ban. So I don't know what to believe.

I do have the latest patch, I have edited my configs, and I can still play no problems, no ban. So I don't know what to believe.

I'll sit in the same boat with you.

a true man of the people...

way to go, Dwarden :P

this is a conspiracy by the cheaters to reverse their bans. if you got banned, you deserved it.

Cheaters will often say something "plausable" to try to sound innocent, like ("I edited my config, or fraps, and at the most deperate "my friend or little brother") see it all the time.

I am not saying either way if the people in this thread as telling the truth, I doubt ALL of them are legit, but I would hate to think that there are innocent people being banned.

Just sayin, i edited my cfg, profile, and some params, and haven't had a problem. but then again i'm on 95417, not on the latest beta.