unhap

Global Bans for legit players?

I have picked up hacked items, edited my FOV by file, and have not updated to the latest beta, running 417.... and I even changed my face skin. I am not banned. Sounds like a whole lot of butt-hurt going on.

Edited by thunderpimp
  • Like 1

I wonder if picking up hacked weapons has anything to do with it? That would be my guess...? I'm on 95724 (because some Korean servers upgraded) and it's just fine for me...

I *NEVER* update anything until about 5 days after it released. I never get kicked/banned from servers.

Never hacked or scripted anything in.

100% total legit player.

Still not kicked/banned from any server.

Not sure how this is happening, but still able to play, thank you Steam for such an awesome game & thank you BattlEye for protecting me from scripters.

• Like 1

Love the sensationalist title also... "THOUSANDS OF LEGIT PLAYERS BANNED". Theres like, 5 or 10 people claiming in this thread, and maybe 30 or so claiming in the reddit thread.

Love the sensationalist title also... "THOUSANDS OF LEGIT PLAYERS BANNED". Theres like, 5 or 10 people claiming in this thread, and maybe 30 or so claiming in the reddit thread.

That's how you make headlines at Kotaku though.

• Like 9

Off the battle eye site\

. Do not beg for mercy. If you cheated you will have to live with the consequences. Global bans are permanent and no exceptions will be made.

So all of you who got global banned you are not going to be unbanned so have fun trying to plead your case cause they aren't going to listen to you.

• Like 1

That's how you make headlines at Kotaku though.

Or most australian journalism

• Like 1

I'm no hacking expert but I believe altering configuration files is technically hacking........right?

I'm no hacking expert but I believe altering configuration files is technically hacking........right?

More like fixing the game. :P

• Like 2

Off the battle eye site\

. Do not beg for mercy. If you cheated you will have to live with the consequences. Global bans are permanent and no exceptions will be made.

So all of you who got global banned you are not going to be unbanned so have fun trying to plead your case cause they aren't going to listen to you.

ASS - If they made a mistake in their patch of course they would unban people. I was also banned without cause today and this is a serious issue. A zero-tolerance policy is what BattleEye wants to display, but a mistake on their end causing issues with paying customers is something that should be corrected.

Let me ask you this: if you were randomly banned (when you were not cheating,) would it be fair to say "oh well, too bad, daz duh rules" or would you rather be unbanned for not commiting an offense?

Adopting your attitude is like convicting someone, finding DNA evidence that they didn't do it, and then saying "welp, I already banged the gavel!"

Edited by vinetreed
  • Like 5

More like fixing the game. :P

Why alter it? It's tampering with something you shouldn't

Well i haven't been banned, but i don't think i have updated to the latest beta patch either, when was it released? i haven't updated in like a week maybe 2 weeks. I would hate to get banned especially if i did nothing wrong, to those asking about the config files or whatever i have changed stuff in them to fix the graphics bug but like i said i don't think i have updated to the latest beta patch and i don't plan on doing it now either.

Why alter it? It's tampering with something you shouldn't

If you weren't supposed to tamper with them, they would be locked down and instructions for tampering with them would not be plainly explained and publicly available on the official BIS Wiki.

Editing the config files fixes problems and allows us to use legitimate features that aren't available in the vanilla client (like using a proper FOV for a 16:9 resolution, instead of being disadvantaged by a shitty vert- or equally dodgy implementation).

lesson of the days kiddos , DON'T EDIT YOUR GAME FILES!

See above. But it's not been confirmed this is causing the bans, I was simply asking if it might be the cause because I don't want to get banned.

Edited by Ulfhedjinn
  • Like 1

If you have modified any files client-side I recommend changing it back to default.

Just to be safe.

BattlEye could have been logging illicit activity for a while, that's why these people who are getting banned can claim they weren't doing anything wrong.

Who knows.

I'll look into it later :)

I wonder if picking up hacked weapons has anything to do with it? That would be my guess...? I'm on 95724 (because some Korean servers upgraded) and it's just fine for me...

I did hear someone on the dev team say once that..having a hacked weapon..even if you just found lyin around could get you banned. Wish I rembered who and where.

I did hear someone on the dev team say once that..having a hacked weapon..even if you just found lyin around could get you banned. Wish I rembered who and where.

rocket on may 8th

but

his post on july 26th said ull be noticed for having it, but nothing will happen

If you weren't supposed to tamper with them, they would be locked down and instructions for tampering with them would not be plainly explained and publicly available on the official BIS Wiki.

Editing the config files fixes problems and allows us to use legitimate features that aren't available in the vanilla client (like using a proper FOV for a 16:9 resolution, instead of being disadvantaged by a shitty vert- or equally dodgy implementation).

It's not a disadvantage if it's like that for everyone....by changing yours your actually giving yourself an advantage. Nice try though;)

Actually, Rocket said the opposite. That only spawning illegitimate weapons would get you banned, and that using them was fair game (probably because eventually people will die and lose them anyway).

• Like 1

chances are... you probably not legit

except i am

what would be the point of me trying to "get to the bottom of this" if my ban was for hacking?

It's not a disadvantage if it's like that for everyone....by changing yours your actually giving yourself an advantage. Nice try though;)

Vert- is a disadvantage to a widescreen player because it chops off the top/bottom so that it looks widescreen, while keeping it as wide as what a 4:3 player would see. In essence we lose the top and bottom of our screen when lazy developers do not implement a native hor+ or anamorphic FOV.

That's why you get so many people going "I don't play in first person because it looks shit/like I'm looking through a letter box or binoculars/gives me motion sickness".

Sure, by fixing it we do gain a wider field of view than somebody using an old 4:3 or 5:4, but it's the correct field of view for the type of monitor that is now the standard and is available to everybody for a low cost.

Edited by Ulfhedjinn
  • Like 4

There isnt much sympathy here. If people are getting banned for no reason then there is a serious problem.

A lot of people are giving the oh so cliche "It didnt happen to me so i dont care" response, but you would be the first to go crying to your Mummy if it happened to you.

If people are getting banned for supposedly hacking then i think Battleye should have to tell you what they think you did and when. How on earth can you be judged guilty when you havent even beed told what you are guilty of. This is Stalinist Russia...or is it?

• Like 11