pvtjelo

3 Global bans in one minute (US #NY199)

Seems unlikely, though this banning spree only started recently.

If they were, Have some beans Battleye

• Like 1

Happened on my server, i updated the new Battle eye, 2 people joined and BAM Mother fuckers banned.

• Like 5

Battle Eye is stepping up their A game. :lol:

I'm not sure about their "A game" but its good to see they're at least back IN the game...

PS - Do global bans bring our "Unique Player" count down? :P

Edited by Maroite

Happened on my server, i updated the new Battle eye, 2 people joined and BAM Mother fuckers banned.

Kicked off by BattleEye: Script restriction #1337(BAM Mother fucker banned!).

• Like 1

Heh, BattleEye seems to have stepped up its game! Some tears from a website that shall remain nameless:

"WTF PLAYED 3 MINUTES WITH HACK AND THIS SCRIPT:

[removed]

AND GOT GLOBAL BANNED!!!!!

U ARE BAD!!!! I JUST PLAYED 3 MINUTES!!"

i also confirm global ban, got in made my ammo box. Played for the last hour just got banned.....gga

no games for me to play now :/

Not Undetected anymore, caught instantly after it ran. fuck me... not again

im 99% sure ill be banned within a two day range now.

I got ban bro within 45 fuckng minutes.

If the bypass wasn't working at all we would've been instantly banned. Seems battleye has gotten smarter then we expected.

Should read..seems we are dumber than everyone thought we were.

Awesome stuff. :D Have fun skidmarks.

You can tell from those comments that the script kiddies think differently to normal people. "Dude, I only killed like, one person, sif I got jail time....so bullshit." (Extreme comparison I know)

BE has a new serverside check where they check more throughly the scripts the player has but not necessarily using which is fair enough. But on the BIS forum I see they are working on something even more powerful which is why that 10.000 bans message is appearing (i.e. hold on, we're getting there). Also many of those bans are from A2 and A2:OA so it's not just the last days. At least Dayz has made BE more powerful. :)

BE has a new serverside check where they check more throughly the scripts the player has but not necessarily using which is fair enough. But on the BIS forum I see they are working on something even more powerful which is why that 10.000 bans message is appearing (i.e. hold on, we're getting there).

Anyone got a link to this on the BIS forum?

Will people who changed their skin be considered hackers by battle eye?

No?

If it's camo or ghillie

No?

If it's camo or ghillie

I'm talking about the people who go into the games files and change what your character looks like, not just getting a new outfit to wear. There is a website that gives you the code to do it, and it looks like it's affiliated with Arma but I don't know if i can post a link to it on these forms without breaking some kind of rule. Anyway, if anyone knows please pass this information along.

I'm talking about the people who go into the games files and change what your character looks like, not just getting a new outfit to wear. There is a website that gives you the code to do it, and it looks like it's affiliated with Arma but I don't know if i can post a link to it on these forms without breaking some kind of rule. Anyway, if anyone knows please pass this information along.

You mean the one where you change your face too have camo paint/mask on? Thats fine.

You mean the one where you change your face too have camo paint/mask on? Thats fine.

Yeah, that's all I was talking about. I was just making sure I wouldn't get banned later on tonight because of it. I couldn't imagine I would, but I have no idea what all battle eye is looking at when they are looking for the hackers.

This certainly is good news. B)

However I am slightly uneasy over some comments people have had in the past about being banned and claiming false positives. I am playing devils advocate here but, is some form of spoofing causing this (relevant thread)?

From the BIS wiki they state under the BattleEye topic:

BE can permanently or temporarily ban players from your server. The advantage over ArmA 2's PID banning is that the BE GUID cannot be hacked/changed client-side, therefore the only way for a player to get unbanned is to buy a new game/cd-key.

So I would assume not, but the tinkerer in me wonders how they could get this to work... I have a few theories.

Anyway, if hackers are getting banned, then I feel the natural step will be that they start seeking out ways to get BE to think they are another legimate player. From what I know about how these systems work, i'm not entirely convinced that it would be impossible to do.

Then again what do I know...

Other relevant links: http://www.battleye.com/support.html

Edited by ApteryxAustralis

I checked out that site...

It's GLORIOUS!!!! One of the posts is from a kid who was gloating because he hadn't been banned while all of the others had been. A few minutes later he edits... "Global ban... :(" baaaahahahahaha!!

• Like 3

This certainly is good news. B)

However I am slightly uneasy over some comments people have had in the past about being banned and claiming false positives. I am playing devils advocate here but, is some form of spoofing causing this (relevant thread)?

From the BIS wiki they state under the BattleEye topic:

So I would assume not, but the tinkerer in me wonders how they could get this to work... I have a few theories.

Anyway, if hackers are getting banned, then I feel the natural step will be that they start seeking out ways to get BE to think they are another legimate player. From what I know about how these systems work, i'm not entirely convinced that it would be impossible to do.

Then again what do I know...

I think people who were claiming false positives, are script kiddies,who are just mad.