Koot (DayZ)

WTF is happening to the server community.

this game needs to be handled like butterfly wings. It would be so easy to fuck it up' date=' it wil be interesting to see if he/ they do. The curent impression is that those wings are getting jabed hard by grubby little fingers,

[/quote']

It will always have its fans and detractors, as all unique works do.

People are basically bullet lemmings atm.

walk off beach into bullet.

die

the ones who make it up the beach tend to just sit there shooting the people who come up behind them because the people infront of them shot at them on thier way up.

continuous cycle.

way to break it?

method 1.

spawn people inland occasionally

method 2.

introduce a "safe" area/server/servers to allow newbies to learn the ropes and make friends.

method 3.

give the PVP'ers something more dangerous than newbies with makarovs to deal with.

I only suggest the above because this is supposed to be a survival game. deathmatch is not survival.

tears or no tears. people are not playing it as though the game is a zombie simulation. they are playing it to shoot other humans in an environment were it is easy to get the better of thier fellow humans into a position of power that is nearly impossible to break.

a dude with a sniper rifle on a hill will never be threatened by single people with makarov's

you can argue that it is human nature to take advantage where they can find it and be totally ruthless where survival is all that they are thinking about. that is fine.

but people are not doing it for beans. they are doing it for enjoyment. and while yes this may happen in the real world with phsychopaths and murderers. I seriously doubt there are as many closet axe murderers as people seem to be trying to suggest.

Me? like any smart survivor I got what I needed and got the hell out of dodge and am living deep in the forests hunting wild animals and drinking rainwater. thats what I would do in a real zombie outbreak, not sit near cities shooting everyone I saw.

All you have to ask yourself is this. are you playing the game or are you trying to survive the way you would in the real world?

if your playing then your the one responsible for the shit thats happening. :P

Too bad you can't create a day z profile with like 5 chars

So you are forced to one name per server and now care bears can circle jerk pve knowing some players are bandits and some are legit

Trading posts can be established now that there is a modicum of accountability

Bandits can create fortresses and what not

Also institute AI police who attack based on humanity or some other thing

So you are forced to one name per server and now care bears can circle jerk pve knowing some players are bandits and some are legit

Why should people know who you are if you've died?

Why should there be safe havens?

Why would there be police in the post apocalypse with the magical ability to read someone's soul and know their transgressions?

What the hell dude?

Idk why you all bitch and moan. If you help someone out, they'll likely help you. I've had dozens of friendly encounters because I don't walk straight up to people expecting them to be friendly.

I also shoot a lot of people on sight. Sometimes, shit happens. That's why this mod is great. If everyone joined hands and sang kumbaya the game would be boring as shit.

Also: To the guy above him: Maybe the people with makarovs should stop running around out in the open and gear up. I've been sniped from a hill maybe one time, and I was being a dumbass. Sniper shooting at you? Get to cover, figure out where he is if you can, and the try and escape or figure out a way to fuck his shit up.

Don't get mad because you expect to win and don't. Use your head and pick your fights.

Why should people know who you are if you've died?

Why should there be safe havens?

Why would there be police in the post apocalypse with the magical ability to read someone's soul and know their transgressions?

What the hell dude?

Idk why you all bitch and moan. If you help someone out' date=' they'll likely help you. I've had dozens of friendly encounters because I don't walk straight up to people expecting them to be friendly.

I also shoot a lot of people on sight. Sometimes, shit happens. That's why this mod is great. If everyone joined hands and sang kumbaya the game would be boring as shit.

Also: To the guy above him: Maybe the people with makarovs should stop running around out in the open and gear up. I've been sniped from a hill maybe one time, and I was being a dumbass. Sniper shooting at you? Get to cover, figure out where he is if you can, and the try and escape or figure out a way to fuck his shit up.

Don't get mad because you expect to win and don't. Use your head and pick your fights.

[/quote']

There doesn't have to be safe havens, there has to be an ability to create safe havens.

Rocket should give people the tools to do whatever they want and work to prevent problems such as plug pulling

Give us tools to do as we see fit

I don't have this game I heard about it and was slightly interested despite it being built over a flawed game. I came here to find out more of this game but instead I found this thread. A thread about a concerned playerbase voicing issues...and the game developer literally replying "fuck you you are wrong you are dumb fuck you fuck you dumb fucking dumb fuck". Userbase does seem only half right but regardless; developer has shown himself to be a cunt and clearly doesn't respect own userbase, so no point supporting this mod now.

Ciao.

The thing is, the more you have to loot the less friendly you become, the less you dare to take a risk.

If you die with a huge ammount of items you get sad, but also happy, because now you can trust people while you gather and start the game over.

Until you reach a point where you get enough gear to stop trusting again. ;)

The more gear the people have, the higher chance it is they will shoot you, the less gear they have, its a larger chance they run from you, dont bother or actually talks to you.

Sadly its the same for me, until I know the map better even a primary weapon for me is "rich" enough to be scared of everyone.

So far my only deathreason is from players, not zombies (thou one was close, my first death)

And most of them is without any real good reason, shooting a poor random guy with a pistol in his hand, or no weapons at all. >:D

Me and my 2 friends spotted a rather wierd group yesterday at Stary Sobor.

We heard some shots when we passed the area, so we took a peak up to it, slowly and high hills ofcourse. ;)

More shots, and a bit more of shots, when we get there its only 1 person there, we thought we heard a few different bullets.

And the guy is looking like hes looting something.

We are on the edge and shoot him down before he even knew whats hit him.

Going up there we se 2 dead people, by the looks of it, it looks like The first one just died, second one tried to loot him, got shot by the third one we shot, all had equally good gear, the first person had a CZ thou, and from his area we scouted down to the tents, finding another player corpse.

3 dead in matter of seconds, we kill the last guy, cleaning the house, everyone had pretty much the same loot, besides different weapons.

Why?

Heres the deal, Shits gonna happen. It's gonna happen a lot.

Expect at anytime to be shot from a sniper, or a Pistol, or an Assault Rifle. You will die, You will die a lot. Even if you try and distance yourselves from the Coast clusterfuck You're still going to die eventually.

tl;dr

Death is inevitable. Deal with it

I don't have this game I heard about it and was slightly interested despite it being built over a flawed game. I came here to find out more of this game but instead I found this thread. A thread about a concerned playerbase voicing issues...and the game developer literally replying "fuck you you are wrong you are dumb fuck you fuck you dumb fucking dumb fuck". Userbase does seem only half right but regardless; developer has shown himself to be a cunt and clearly doesn't respect own userbase' date=' so no point supporting this mod now.

[/quote']

For a lot of us Rocket's attitude is totally refreshing and gives us a lot of hope that DayZ will stick to his original vision and not turn into some generic, all-thing-to-all-players pile of crap. Not only that, but given the amount of shit that players give to developers it's good to see one who isn't afraid to give it back.

Also, if you don't like Rocket's attitude, you're sure as hell not going to like the game. It's isn't designed to make you feel special. People need to realise this when they come to the game.

BTW, I'm not some hardcore leet dewd (does anyone say that anymore or am I showing my age?) who loves PvP and ganking, I'm a classic carebear who's sick of patronising games whose sole purpose is to wank me off and make me feel like I'm some kind of hero without ever really challenging me.

• Like 1

I don't have this game I heard about it and was slightly interested despite it being built over a flawed game. I came here to find out more of this game but instead I found this thread. A thread about a concerned playerbase voicing issues...and the game developer literally replying "fuck you you are wrong you are dumb fuck you fuck you dumb fucking dumb fuck". Userbase does seem only half right but regardless; developer has shown himself to be a cunt and clearly doesn't respect own userbase' date=' so no point supporting this mod now.

[/quote']

For a lot of us Rocket's attitude is totally refreshing and gives us a lot of hope that DayZ will stick to his original vision and not turn into some generic, all-thing-to-all-players pile of crap. Not only that, but given the amount of shit that players give to developers it's good to see one who isn't afraid to give it back.

Also, if you don't like Rocket's attitude, you're sure as hell not going to like the game. It's isn't designed to make you feel special. People need to realise this when they come to the game.

BTW, I'm not some hardcore leet dewd (does anyone say that anymore or am I showing my age?) who loves PvP and ganking, I'm a classic carebear who's sick of patronising games whose sole purpose is to wank me off and make me feel like I'm some kind of hero without ever really challenging me.

Your old, now days its more or less said as pro or pr0s, as in.

-Oh I saw a pr0 do this on his livestream.

-Im pr0 dont worry

-But all the pros do it, its how we all should also!

So it would be more correct to say.

"BTW, I'm not some hardcore pr0"

or "Im a dick"

Dont let the age hit you in the face ;)

People,currently, don't have the tools to do anything in the game beyond survive, it turns out survival can get tedious. So, when they die, they're blowing off steam deathmatch style before thy get the patience back to play 'properly'

[/quote']

*Claps* BRAVO! BRAVO!

the attitudes in this thread are laughable..

'Im sick of dying everytime i try and help somebody'

'fuck it ill kill everyone I see'

good job. its a chain reaction

be the change you want to see in the world. sure you might lose your shit a little more, but you also might change 1/2 minds.. and they will too.. and eventually, well, eventually youll still be massively outnumbered but hey, you wont be a dick!

Ciao.

[/quote']

lol, instead of reading random posts of rocket, you should rather google for some interviews about that guy. His Attitude is exactly what this industry desperately needs, and what many players all over the world are demanding. If he would have the "fuckyou" attitude, like you´re saying, he would not spend his time for one damn post about everything that´s being discussed in the forum.

In fact, you should appreciate a developer who takes his spare time and not only reading but also replying to the concerns of the players.

Apart from that it´s his attitude that led to his vision. And that vision currently blows the minds of over 150k players. And thats just the beginning. If you will let that game pass, i would really feel sorry for you.

My decision to test DayZ led me to the realization that this game(-mod) is one of the best fucking pieces of software i´ve played in the last 10 years. Not to mention its still an Alpha i´m talking about..

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind"

- some sappy fellow.

Ghandi said that a lot. Few would say he didn't have a point.

The reason people kill is because it is a form of entertainment.

Why survive if the game offers no reason to survive?

In real life if you survive you can:

Tell stories with friends

Watch TV if you find one

Have sex

Listen to music

Enjoy food

Sing songs

Play games

and much more

In Day Z you can:

Stare at grass

Eat beans

Drink water

Kill people

I read the first 6 pages of this thread and I must say... This game has one of the worst player communities EVER.

The reason people kill is because it is a form of entertainment.

Why survive if the game offers no reason to survive?

Tell stories with friends

Watch TV if you find one

Have sex

Listen to music

Enjoy food

Sing songs

Play games

and much more

In Day Z you can:

Stare at grass

Eat beans

Drink water

Kill people

exactly' date=' there is zero end game content, you cant blame children for getting bored and playing a death match.

[hr']

I read the first 6 pages of this thread and I must say... This game has one of the worst player communities EVER.

worst i have ever seen. you cannot even discuss ideas without getting showered in hateful 'carebear' comments from people who are content to just play a ffa deathmatch with zombies. very sad state

When you die in real life:

Theres just nothing probably so 0 consequence

When you die in DayZ:

You lose all your stuff

So death is actually worse in DayZ than in real life.

Please dont read this as serious buisiness

Also you missed that there is currently no zombie apocalypse going one wich would

Tell stories with friends / all dead

Watch TV if you find one / no power / no signals

Have sex / apocalypse kills more women than men ( because men do the killing)

Listen to music / no power

Enjoy food / likely canned or disgusting without all the nice additives

Sing songs / I can do that in DayZ

Play games / no power / you can play chase in DayZ

and much more / minus all the things I can do better in DayZ like running for a long time, throwing like a man or have fun

so yeah, very high chance that people would break and shoot people or just shoot people because theres nothing better to do. (The dog says killing is the best and I dont think he would lie to sansa)

I haven't read this entire thread, and I don't plan on it. 47 pages is way beyond my level of patience. Just avoid pvp like rocket mentioned earlier in the thread. Create a solution, don't add to the problem. I solo about 90% of the time that I play this and i've avoided at least 50+ pvp situations. The main thing I get caught for is my own stupidity, such as running into a street without assessing all possible angles for an ambush or running out onto the roof of a building or standing in a window without first scanning all my surroundings for other players (is usually go prone under windows when inside a building just to avoid attracting snipers when im in a major city)

Take some more time to scout out whatever location your trying to reach, plot out a path of least resistance and also patience can save your life. I never go into a building or town without hanging out along the outskirts and doing some recon first for a couple minutes and if it's night time and you cant see into the town just toss a flare into it, usually other players get skittish when they see a flare and give away their position by trying to flee the area quickly, usually when this happens I just avoid the area and find a different place to loot just to avoid any possible confrontation.

That's just how I play the game, and its served me well so far but im sure there are plenty of other just as good, if not undoubtedly more efficient tactics that players can employ to prolong their survival though.

worst i have ever seen. you cannot even discuss ideas without getting showered in hateful 'carebear' comments from people who are content to just play a ffa deathmatch with zombies. very sad state

People find it difficult to discuss ideas because douchey litlte shtsnacks like you immediately start throwing around completely inaccurate bullshit phrases like "ffa deathmatch."

I love every aspect of DayZ PvP - absent all punishing repurcussions as it would be in a lawless, apocalyptic world.

Meanwhile I have gone through two (2) survivors since 27th May. The first lived for 15 straight days with 60+ hours in-game; current survivor is on day eight. I have worked together with a ton of other people in game; repaired and/or stolen more than 6 different vehicles - some of which I kept hidden and my posession for over 10 days, I have traveled the length and breadth of the map 6+ times from Black Lake to Kamenka and back. Stockpiled enough food and water to feed a family of 5 (which I basically did).

I have shot people and been shot. Yes, some of those people died. Yes, I took their beans. But "ffa deathmatch?" What fucking deathmatch game plays like that?

Leave the coast. Find a group. Set some goals and accomplish them. If you can't get your average lifespan above 10 hours, you're being careless with zombies or people (probably both). Just practice. Learn from your mistakes. And above all else, and this is most important, quit fucking bitching and moaning.

I don't know if it is possible but why not just have friendly fire off and on servers?

Ok I know you would get people gearing up on ff off servers and going to ff on servers but

maybe you could have charaters bound to the type of server they was made on?

Me personally it's fine the way it is but I do see the point of both sides of the arguement.

Ok see ya! I'm off to reload my axe..