Koot (DayZ)

WTF is happening to the server community.

So, here i take a break from playing DayZ for about 1 week, i come back, and what?

Most of the servers are filled with idiots who think it's Call of Duty apparently.

Literally, just a few hours ago, i hopped around 6 servers, and in each and every one of them there was a god damn deathmatch going on, noone gave a shit about surviving or cooperating or anything, everyone just shot everyone, with zombies attempting to break up the battles in vain (they all get slaughtered all over the place). This was nowhere near to the classic pvp in dayz, it was an all out, no rules no shits, deathmatch.

What the hell happened?

It seems like people are getting tired of sneaking around all day and losing everything because of a stupid mistake or ambush, and simply live fast and die early.

• Like 2

Right, so basically all PvPing repercussions are removed or what?

No wonder then...

I hear you.

The popularity of the game combined with its difficulty have resulted in an exacerbation of the Bean Wars to epic proportions. Just move from the bean wars... and go north.

Easier said than done, due to some retarded debug forest bug, i got teleported to the coast (with all my gear and weapons intact), all the way from Krasnostav woods, and landed in the crossfire (i found at least 5 corpses of people who just spawned, all near each other, wtf)

So' date=' here i take a break from playing DayZ for about 1 week, i come back, and what?

Most of the servers are filled with idiots who think it's Call of Duty apparently.

Literally, just a few hours ago, i hopped around 6 servers, and in each and every one of them there was a god damn deathmatch going on, noone gave a shit about surviving or cooperating or anything, everyone just shot everyone, with zombies attempting to break up the battles in vain (they all get slaughtered all over the place). This was nowhere near to the classic pvp in dayz, it was an all out, no rules no shits, deathmatch.

What the hell happened?

It seems like people are getting tired of sneaking around all day and losing everything because of a stupid mistake or ambush, and simply live fast and die early.

[/quote']

If a literal zombie outbreak occurred don't you think there would be alot of untrusting people who would fight to survive? Oh, wait i'm playin' carebears mmorpg. Sorry wrong game.

If a literal zombie outbreak occurred don't you think there would be alot of untrusting people who would fight to survive? Oh' date=' wait i'm playin' carebears mmorpg. Sorry wrong game.

[/quote']

Way to be an idiot, mr. "Carebear".

You completely missed the point, almost NOONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT SURVIVING, it's turning into call of duty: skyrim edition.

Me and my friends take it slow and calculate everything we do, the coast is just a lost cause at the moment though. I find the grade of player goes up the further inland you get, skirmishes are far better in my opinion.

I agree.

I haven't played DayZ in about a week because I've been working.

I log on and I run across a survivor....and I'm in a bandit skin.

I say to the guy, "Friendly"...and I didn't shoot him even though I had the drop on him.

He says "I need food" so I drop him a few steaks.

He follows me for a while like he wants to tag along...I'm cool with that.

Then about 5 minutes later he shoots me in the head while we're traveling.

It's like no one wants to co-operate anymore. It's all "me me me" now.

Fuck it, I'm going back to killing everything on sight that isn't talking to me in my teamspeak.

Sick of this shit.

So' date=' here i take a break from playing DayZ for about 1 week, i come back, and what?

What the hell happened?

[/quote']

If a literal zombie outbreak occurred don't you think there would be alot of untrusting people who would fight to survive? Oh, wait i'm playin' carebears mmorpg. Sorry wrong game.

In a Zombie Outbreak people out be scared to fuck to engage in a firefight and die, because there wouldn't be going back to life. They'd plain avoid survivors or cooperate, much more than kill on sight.

Don't talk shit with the "hurr durr carebear" argument, seriously.

You got "Sorry wrong game" part right, though.

• Like 1

It's like the old magic of DayZ is slowly dying. I'm with you on that.

It's filled with people that just kill kill kill now. The Zombies are a second thought.

You're not the only one bothered by it now man.

I used to laugh at the PVP threads complaining about dying all the time. Now I'm starting to feel the effects of people just not trying to work together anymore.

I get the feeling everyone is like "Been there done that...gonna kill everything now."

Easier said than done' date=' due to some retarded debug forest bug, i got teleported to the coast (with all my gear and weapons intact), all the way from Krasnostav woods, and landed in the crossfire (i found at least 5 corpses of people who just spawned, all near each other, wtf)

[/quote']

tl;dr some guy gets spawned in debug forest due to the bug and cries after dying.

So what are you guys going to do about it?

Bitch and moan here?

Or are you going to do something about it?

• Like 2

The bottonline is that there's no reason not to kill everyone, no weight, no consequence.

If you leave it up to people they'll always be dicks, always. People are worthless sacks of shit and a bunch of them are gamers.

It also should be as less userfriendly as possible to filter this new wave of moronic kids.

I was agains't punishment for PKers, but if this keeps this stupid, then I don't know...

Bitch and moan here?

So what exactly are we supposed to do about it?

"Hey buddy want to team up?" BANG.

I've extended my hand a few times now to people that just KOS.

Not much you can do with that.

Bitch and moan here?

I'm trying. I'm thinking on every possible scenario achievable on gaming structures, but it's not easy, ok?!?!

STOP PRESSURING ME!!!!

*runs sobbing*

Zombies need a serious buff in prime locations.

Zombies need a serious buff in prime locations.

Yeah that's the only thing I can think of "doing about it".

The zombies are no threat anymore. Used to be people thought twice about popping off a round lest the zombies come running and rape and pillage your hopes and dreams.

Not so anymore. I can walk within 5 meters of them and they give zero fucks.

Join a clan. Dayz is great with people to play with. The clan I am in is very active and we are almost always doing something.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results".

1. Get a fucking plan.

2. Stop assuming everyone wants to survive.

3. Stop assuming everyone wants to cooperate.

4. Find the people (offline if needed) that want to do these things.

5. Trust those people and nobody else.

6. Don't be part of the fucking problem (avoid, rather than kill).

This IS stupid. So do something about it. Posting "aw everyone kills everyone" on the forums is what people have been doing for ages. Has it worked? NO. So try something else. I see a few groups are doing different stuff, and they're keeping quiet about it. It's obvious from the database those people who are adjusting to the "anti-game" environment and those who aren't.

I don't have the resources or the inclination to balance the game, or develop some kind of punishment system. So that just ain't going to happen, even if it was within the scope of the project (and its not).

So the DayZ world has gone to shit? Good. We're on track then. Because its a fucking Zombie Apocalypse.

• Like 11

Bitch and moan here?

Be fair and O.R.G.A.N.I.Z.E

Create team with your friends, organize yourself, go into game and clear DM-atchers out. Broadcast your area as controlled, allow trading etc. Consider yourself militia. Control area, let people do things in peace. Punish murderers. Voila.

So many people started whining, like you can do anything about this. Just accept the fact the community changed, thats what always happens if theres 100k of people knocking on your front door.

No idea what servers you are playing on, but the nordic servers I'm on are quite friendly. Not that you can trust 100% of the people you meet, but most of the time it seems like that players are interested in coop.

Since my character has gotten some ok stuff now, I tend to avoid people. I've killed one player, who was looting another player that had just been shot (heard the gunfire but didnt see it) and another one that started shooting me about 30 seconds after we met. He fired first and didn't get the drop on me, so I emptied two clips into the guy as fast as I could. Barely survived but then went on to get nice stuff that I have now.

So... I bet the new people are doing the deathmatching because they have NO idea what to do. There is no map, so you can't really tell where to go, and if it's night, it's impossible for new people to know what to do.

So thread starter, try to avoid other players and see what happens. I meet survivors like me around towns, in the forest.

Edit: Oh and zombies are scary enough when you are alone. I avoid them like hell, and they are hard to kill when there is a lot of them. At least for me, I don't carry assault rifles and such, since I have no idea where I can find it.