sycowill@gmail.com

So i found a G36C SD is this a legit?

did you find it at the north west airfield with a m9 sd ? but no its legit :) just mega rare as i found one about 4 days ago but was killled by a squad of 4 with it :(

You can't be banned for using hacked gear. You can be banned if you spawned it in with a script though.

Enjoy it while you have it.

• Like 5

well i had mine for at least 3 days before i was killed with it, and for one you found it so its not like you can be banned for picking it up, and 2 if they really didnt want it in game im sure they would look at the forums and do something about it, but at the end of the day its part of the weapons in arma 2 and i dont see why they would ban you for it, if you was spawning it in then it would be a different matter :)

Apparently, you can't be banned for using hacked items, as long as you didn't spawn them in. Getting them of a dead body or off the ground is considered legit.

Enjoy it.

did you find it at the north west airfield with a m9 sd ? but no its legit :) just mega rare as i found one about 4 days ago but was killled by a squad of 4 with it :(

Well, it's not listed on DayzWiki or DayzDB... I find that odd, if the weapon belongs in the game.

edit: And by "the game", I mean DayZ, not Arma2.

Edited by LooD

Guys just check http://www.dayzdb.com/database/weapons and if the weapon is not there, then its hacked.

Personally I would NOT use hacked shit no matter how cool that weapon is, since its not in the game for us legit folks.

So if I were you, I would kill a zed, put this hacked piece of poo into his body and bury him.

Or do you want to shoot people with hacked gear they can not legally acquire?

well unless you spawned the gun in to the game then if you find it its classed as legit ?

Hacked gun, when a hacker spawns guards, most of the time they will be using the G36

if you found it you can keep it, same for any spawned in vehicle that you find, regadless of how retardedly broken it is.

the server admins ofc can do whatever they want and ban you off their server, but that's abuse of power.

Spawning stuff yourself tho, welcome to global ban

Edited by kryvian

Now that you KNOW it's a hacked item, if you keep it you could be banned :P

However, if you had have just picked it up and used it, they couldn't exactly ban you if you didn't know it wasn't in the game.

Now that you have made a forum thread about it however there is proof that you know it's not legit so technically they could ban you.

People like to take stuff out of context and that's where all this "no one can be banned for using a hacked weapon if he didn't hack it himself" malarky.

I have never known one man that has had so much bullshit made out of his words than Rocket himself.

I think he forgets how stupid people really are when he writes things on forums.

• Like 1

yer i just found one with half a dozen mags for it i say im just going to keep it, besides it was hard to get it because the hacker spawned back in and decided no one could have it (just going to edit this in i got fucked up by admins)

Edited by burritoman259

so if a noobie (no offence to the poster, i'm being serious here) picks up a cool looking weapon, he could very well get banned without him knowing.

why the hell hasn't DayZ staff made a post to present a visual reference - i.e. pictures and text - illustrating EXACTLY what weapons are allowed in DayZ currently. like e.g. "this weapon is legit" (picture of legit weapon). "it takes this ammo" (picture of legit ammo). simple.

Hell, with all the rampant hacking - and battleye still just sitting in the corner masturbating about the matter (love that stupid random fact battleye keep touting) - it's needed!

• Like 2

Its been said before that G36C is not legit in DayZ as there's no spawn point for it aka the only method of getting it is by hacking.

Devs also said that people won't get banned for using hacked items as long as they didn't hack it in, but you can always get banned by an admin from this specific server.

option a) keep the legit found gun and be frowned upon by the legit players. or B) drop it and remove another hacked in weapon contributing your part to keep dayz clean of hacked items :)

I just found a G36C SD (camo) at a helicopter crashsite. Sure it is not like super-rare ingame? Never used any hacks, hell, not even sure HOW to use hacks! Found on server Norway 46, which I myself administrate.