DayFlawZ

So criticism not allowed here?

BF3 maybe not, cause its a new engine of Dice and they dont want to take the risk thats mods can be, but BF1/BF2 also have a awesome mod tool that allow something like FH1/2 ;-)

Did I mention BIS...that is, the studio, offers mod support as well?

Let that sink in for a moment...

The developers of the game communicate with modders to help them make their mods, and change the engine where they can to support said mods.

Of course, I bought Halflife, entered the key in steam, and a CS 1.6 Icon appeared in my steam library. No I didn't had to install HL.

Counter-Strike: SOURCE, dude.

Goddamn, are you even serious?

Criticism is certainly allowed, but that's not what this is.

If you believe the game is overpriced or isn't worth the money then sure, but we can't even make those claims yet.

Fact is; You did not buy this Mod, you haven't paid a cent to play or enjoy this game unless you're running a server or donating to one. Even if you wish to incorrectly include the price of ARMA II as part of DayZ then you're complaining over nothing. Most players purchased the game off Steam at a heavily discounted price.

You chose to spend the money and recieved a product. If you didn't have an interest in ARMA II then why purchase it at all? For an Alpha Mod? Did Rocket not provide you with such a mod?

You all put down money knowing what you were going to purchase. How you can be upset about this is beyond me and I DID purchase ARMA II for this mod. Well worth it in my opinion, honestly wish I could enjoy ARMA II more (LOVED Operation Flashpoint back in the day but something about ARMA just doesn't feel right).

So yeah, baseless complaints about something that has nothing to do with the Mod itself are far from 'criticism' in my mind. Honestly guys it's pretty fucking petty to be bitching about this at all, I barely earn any money and I'm happy to lay down the green for this again.

• Like 1

in my past time my old clan also create a mod for old BF1, was a more ww2 realistic mod, and at well DICE patched sometimes stuff that we needed and they also helped us by problems.

And still nobody knows if ARMA3 also get such tools to create mods like dayz ;-)

Edited by Suito

Things have gotten so lopsided these days that I'm honestly doubting you people forget who you are. You are a customer. And as such you have the freedom to buy or not to buy something.

But there is this little entitlement most of you people have, you can almost phrase it as "I wan't to play it, GIVE IT TO ME". This arrogance...

You simply don't understand what the ARMA series is. There is a reason most of you never played it. Because it's not your style of game. It's a simulator. It requires patience, it requires you putting in the time and work. A game where killcounts don't matter. You can't buy hats and it has no comic graphics. You can't buy Flight Simulator and then bitch about it that it's not like Battlefield3. I and a good handfull of players enjoy ARMA and will keep buying it. Because the same principles apply to ARMA like in DayZ. The game is what you make out of it.

You wanted to play DayZ. Noone forced you to. That's the simple truth man. In fact you bought all the necessary software because other people either told you about their experience or you were shown clever footage or you simply read about it and liked the idea behind it. That is all.

Listen man if you don't want to pay again for the Standalone version. Here's something you can do. Don't buy it. Don't play it. And move on with your life.

If rocket & BI want to sell it for 1000 bucks per license than they sell it for that. That is in their power. Get that in your head.

If mods want to lock & delete certain threads. That's what they do. It is their house. They do with it whatever they want, however they want, whenever they want.

You are JUST a player. If you don't like it, open your editor and start coding something yourself.

• Like 4

My point about Valve was not CSS or what ever...

They recognized the potential of the mod and handled it well without charging for the mod again after it's alpha.

I don't like to pay for an alpha twice. CSS wasn't out before CS was a well established game with a good and smooth gameing experience. And valve had already proven that they can make a Coutnerstrike and support it.

Valve didn't convert the first source of CS into CSS. CSS came out with CS 1.6 as one of the most established games EVER.

BI didn't prove anything until now. They proved to release a buggy game which annoyed huge fans. When I see all the bugs in DayZ well I can't see where BI really proved to be able to fix all the stuff. I mean rocket even states that some things will not be possible with Arma2. I'm still worried about the statement that he can't prevent duping in Arma 2. If BI is not able to do that, how can I have the slightest faith that they will be able to do it in DayZ standalone?

i'd be happy to buy a standalone dayz game. i bought arma 2 mainly to play dayz but i'd still pay for an actual dayz game. idk what everyone's problem is with that. especially if they do the discount for buying it in alpha. there's no reason that it'd be free if it's a seperate game.

Please, let the troll out. If he dont want to buy it - whatever, nobody cares. One stupid BF/COD runner is no needed there.

How is it so hard to say mannered?

From a objective point Arma 2 wasn't really a success, check out metacritics or what ever. So BI created a totally buggy game and even dared to sell it, then they got lucky and rocket created the mod. And now the same company which created the most buggy game I ever played wants me to pay again for a an alpha which will be as buggy as hell with the promise that it will be finished some day?

Ok let me get it straight; I dont mind to play DayZ, but I mind to pay the same studio twice in hope they create a less buggy game than the original one... which I only bought because some genius named "Rocket" made the buy worth something.

I would pay rocket 60$, no problem.

What's hard for you to understand BI never cared about sales or metacritic, they made a niche military simulator. Once again whats hard for you to understand about they never cared about money, they never made Arma 2 so something like Day Z could be made.

So what if people say Arma 2 is a piece of shit, I love it, lots of others love it. It isn't for you, that's probably because you were never interested in a niche military simulator, but for some delusional reason you expect Arma 2 to be an AAA game. I really dislike people like you.

• Like 5

They recognized the potential of the mod and handled it well without charging for the mod again after it's alpha.

I don't like to pay for an alpha twice. CSS wasn't out before CS was a well established game with a good and smooth gameing experience. And valve had already proven that they can make a Coutnerstrike and support it.

Valve didn't convert the first source of CS into CSS. CSS came out with CS 1.6 as one of the most established games EVER.

BI didn't prove anything until now. They proved to release a buggy game which annoyed huge fans. When I see all the bugs in DayZ well I can't see where BI really proved to be able to fix all the stuff. I mean rocket even states that some things will not be possible with Arma2. I'm still worried about the statement that he can't prevent duping in Arma 2. If BI is not able to do that, how can I have the slightest faith that they will be able to do it in DayZ standalone?

It seems simply impossible to make you see reason, you're getting facts put in front of you and you just deny them.

THE BUGS IN DAY Z, AND THE INABILITY TO FIX THESE BUGS ARE NOT A BYPRODUCT OF ARMA 2 BEING AN AWFUL GAME.

Once again, ArmA 2 was NOT built as a survival game, an MMO game, or a zombie game. Day Z is all 3.

You're comparing apples and oranges with Counter-Strike, because Day Z is using a completely different model.

Your complete ignorance to any of these facts astounds me, take this for example: "I'm still worried about the statement that he can't prevent duping in Arma 2."

How in the hell would duping have EVER needed to be fixed in ArmA 2? Please tell me.

Not only do you barely open your inventory in ArmA 2, your inventory does not save between matches.

Why the hell would BI implement fixes for something that could literally never become a problem in their game?

For the sake of trying to hammer this in to your thick skull, I'll repeat this, THIS IS WHY THEY ARE MAKING DAY Z A STANDALONE GAME. SO THESE ISSUES CAN BE FIXED.

• Like 1

You're argument is still wrong.

You can continue to play Day Z mod for free which wont always be an alpha, and guess what, it will remain free after alpha just like CS.

Or you can purchase the standalone Day Z which is akin to the standalone release of CS.

Anyway, I'll be glad not seeing you in standalone.

Edited by Wrath

No, they put a lot of time in to providing a powerful modding tool packaged with the engine, that makes mods like these possible.

BF3 didnt. Such is life.

Modding is a declining trend - BF3 lead developer

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 2

Dammit, why can I only give you guys only 1 can of beans? Have all my beans!

Modding is a declining trend - BF3 lead developer

*Translated*

We'd rather milk the fuck out of our consumers and charge them $15 a map pack.

• Like 1

The funny thing is, OP is going to buy the standalone anyway and he knows it.

I'm actually more proud of the constructive argument that's going on here (even you, OP).

It's almost bringing a tear to my eye :)

There's hope for this community

Edited by Griff

It seems simply impossible to make you see reason, you're getting facts put in front of you and you just deny them.

THE BUGS IN DAY Z, AND THE INABILITY TO FIX THESE BUGS ARE NOT A BYPRODUCT OF ARMA 2 BEING AN AWFUL GAME.

Once again, ArmA 2 was NOT built as a survival game, an MMO game, or a zombie game. Day Z is all 3.

You're comparing apples and oranges with Counter-Strike, because Day Z is using a completely different model.

Your complete ignorance to any of these facts astounds me, take this for example: "I'm still worried about the statement that he can't prevent duping in Arma 2."

How in the hell would duping have EVER needed to be fixed in ArmA 2? Please tell me.

Not only do you barely open your inventory in ArmA 2, your inventory does not save between matches.

Why the hell would BI implement fixes for something that could literally never become a problem in their game?

For the sake of trying to hammer this in to your thick skull, I'll repeat this, THIS IS WHY THEY ARE MAKING DAY Z A STANDALONE GAME. SO THESE ISSUES CAN BE FIXED.

oh, thanks for proving my point. What I doubt is that BI has the experience to do it. So they create a game from a mod which is in the earliest stage of development on a engine which isn't made for it. So a development-studio which is known for niche Military-Simulation want's me to charge $$ for a stand-alone MMO style game (which they have never ever nearly done before) which is based on a early alpha concept of a mod which was thought out by one single person. Not to mention missing long time experience if the DayZ concept can keep players entertained for a long period of time. That's pretty ballsy.

I don't play shooters on a regular basis. But I play Eve... which is a well established sandbox...

Edited by DayFlawZ

oh, thanks for proving my point. What I doubt is that BI has the experience to do it. So they create a game from a mod which is in the earliest stage of development on a engine which isn't made for it. So a development-studio which is known for niche Military-Simulation want's me to charge $$ for a stand-alone MMO style game (which they have never ever nearly done before) which is based on a early alpha concept of a mod which was thought out by one single person. Not to mention missing long time experience if the DayZ concept can keep players entertained for a long period of time. That's pretty ballsy.

I don't play shooters on a regular basis. But I play Eve... which is a well established sandbox...

You can wait for everyone else to give their review if you want?

And I got more entertainment from my Excel spreadsheet than I did from Eve...lol

Edited by Griff
  • Like 1

BIS has been at this for years.

I bought Operation Flashpoint in 2001.

Fives years later they have the audacity to charge me for Armed Assault.

Forward to 2009 and no surprise, I gotta pay for ArmA2, Bam! just like that!

These fat cats have been screwing me over for a decade.

I talked to my family lawyer about a class action lawsuit, he told me to stop wasting his damn time about pocket change, get a job and stop whining like a child. :(

• Like 2

You can wait for everyone else to give their review if you want?

And I got more entertainment from my Excel spreadsheet than I did from Eve...lol

Well I get more entertainment from reading the insults thrown towards me than playing a single-player mission in any game (maybe except Sc2).

Well the review thingy is hard, because when you criticize an alpha you get "IT'S A FKING ALPHA U RETARD".

On a constructive point... maybe a "alpha/beta access for Arma2 owners would have been a solution. And I don't like paralell development... I guess keeping the arma2 part and the standalone part up to date could slow down the development of the standalone version.

I just read your Original post twice and I still don't understand what you're trying to say.

Edited by ironman Tetsuo

BIS has been at this for years.

I bought Operation Flashpoint in 2001.

Fives years later they have the audacity to charge me for Armed Assault.

Forward to 2009 and no surprise, I gotta pay for ArmA2, Bam! just like that!

These fat cats have been screwing me over for a decade.

I talked to my family lawyer about a class action lawsuit, he told me to stop wasting his damn time about pocket change, get a job and stop whining like a child. :(

:lol:

If I had any more beans to give today, you'd get them

Well I get more entertainment from reading the insults thrown towards me than playing a single-player mission in any game

That will happen when you say "This game is shit".

That's not helping. What you need to say is "This feature is flawed, anyone else experiencing this?"

or

"I have a suggestion, what if..." (posted in the suggestions forum, of course)

That is the premise of being alpha testers

Edited by Griff
  • Like 1