DayFlawZ

So criticism not allowed here?

I would buy i immediately if it wasn't programmed by BI.

Rocket has worked for BI since before he started the mod, you mongoloid.

Without the MASSIVE amount of programming by BI on the ArmA engine, Day Z would LITERALLY NOT BE POSSIBLE IN IT'S CURRENT FORM.

Get your head of your ass.

Edited by spykr
  • Like 1

Why did you buy ArmA/DayZ mod then when it was developed by a BI employee on an engine made by BI?

Edited by smasht_AU

How is it so hard to say mannered?

Quite difficult because the amount of idiocy on this forum from people like yourself is quite literally astounding.

Oh my god the amount of stupid is hurting my head.

They're the same fucking thing. Rocket is BI, BI is Rocket. Hes the project lead of Day Z mod, and of Day Z game.

• Like 1

Honestly true criticism at this point about standalone DayZ cannot be made. Actually all those people who bought ARMA solely for DayZ made it happen. Since over 1,000,000 ppl played DayZmod, for publisher it is actually quite easy to decide, whether there is audience for DayZgame. It is sort of success story and great example to prove how e.g. DICE/EA screwed everyone - but mostly themselves! - by not releasing map/mod tools for B3/BFBC2.

I can only say congrats to DayZ and BI, and Rocket (great idea! outstanding work!).

Now, what is realistic critisism imo?

Making anti-cheat/anti-script work. That should be first thing to sort out in alpha. No gaming can continue with this sort of abusing of the game engine, not to mention testing. (Not sure whether DayZ, BI or BattleEye can make it happen. I imagine some sort of collaboration.

And when DayZgame goes out, I am anxiously waiting for what changes is going to happen. End-game content, like ages in web-based strategies? Nukes? Tunnels? Radios? Tribes? (I would love to carve wood statutes to create tribal totem. Maan, I would love me some tribal orgies!)

How is it so hard to say mannered?

From a objective point Arma 2 wasn't really a success, check out metacritics or what ever. So BI created a totally buggy game and even dared to sell it, then they got lucky and rocket created the mod. And now the same company which created the most buggy game I ever played wants me to pay again for a an alpha which will be as buggy as hell with the promise that it will be finished some day?

Ok let me get it straight; I dont mind to play DayZ, but I mind to pay the same studio twice in hope they create a less buggy game than the original one... which I only bought because some genius named "Rocket" made the buy worth something.

I would pay rocket 60$, no problem.

Have you played any TES game?:D

Now that I've reported your post, I'll bite onto this big juicy troll sandwhich:

If you hate BI so damn much, get off this forum and go wank to pre-rendered screenshots and concept art, because that's what "The War Z" is.

If you hate Arma 2 so damn much, uninstall it and get rid of it, but don't bellyache to us, because we're not customer service, and you aint getting your money back.

If you don't buy the standalone because you have some price related broomstick wedged inside your anus, so much the better for me. One less whiney survivor who can't pull his weight.

I got news for you kid: if you're having trouble scraping up enough allowance money to buy the game, then you need to find a job.

• Like 2

Why did you buy ArmA/DayZ mod then when it was developed by an BI employee on an engine made by BI?

I think you didn't read my posts...

The brilliance about DayZ is not the engine or how it's programmed. It's game concept and the idea behind it. Of course I know that rocket works for BI, I don't know if rocket is a "brilliant programmer" , but he had a genius idea.

With all the bugs, exploits and hacks you can't say DayZ is a "smooth" gaming experience...

Edited by DayFlawZ
  • Like 1

The brilliance about DayZ is not the engine or how it's programmed. It's game concept and the idea behind it. Of course I know that rocket works for BI, I don't know if rocket is a "brilliant programmer" , but he had a genius idea.

With all the bugs, exploits and hacks you can't say DayZ is a "smooth" game experience...

NO GAME IS look at COD or BF they have bugs and hacks every game has them and they always will thats a fact about computers

Nobody is forcing you to buy standalone, continue to play the free mod that is still being developed in parallel if you want. I don't know how you expect the standalone game to also be developed for free.

Sure they will continue developing the mod after standalone is released, lol.

I bought ARMA2 for dayz like all of my friends. I won't play ARMA2 after DayZ goes into stand alone. I probably won't even purchase the stand alone unless I know the prevalent hacking will be resolved.

I probably won't player arma much, if not at all, anymore once dayz is released. But I don't regret one bit that I bought arma just for dayz, and am looking forward to buying dayz for whatever price it may be.

NO GAME IS look at COD or BF they have bugs and hacks every game has them and they always will thats a fact about computers

So you seriously compare the build quality of BF3 with Arma2? I don't play BF3 anymore but hell I was never ever relocated by a hacker :D

Then man the fuck up and buy it. It's going to be, what, fifteen bucks in alpha, tops?

Just don't buy pot with the money your mom gives you. For one day.

I alone have been locking threads that don't criticize the payment model (why would you? Its cheap), but have been attacking the DayZ team, and demanding something for buying Arma 2.

You bought a game with a mod you wanted to play. Now you have the option to buy another game. It's that simple.

Edited by Griff
  • Like 3

With all the bugs, exploits and hacks you can't say DayZ is a "smooth" gaming experience...

Most of the bugs and exploits are because ArmA 2 was supposed to be a niche military simulator for hardcore military simulator gamers, NEVER a persisent MMO-style zombie survival game.

THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF DAY Z GOING STANDALONE.

What the hell would be the point of continuing to develop the mod after the full game is RELEASED?

That's just stupid.

• Like 1

So you seriously compare the build quality of BF3 with Arma2? I don't play BF3 anymore but hell I was never ever relocated by a hacker :D

The reason is simple, because BF3's engine was developed for a completely different purpose. ARMA2 is a simulator which allows the user to run scripts, BF3 is a shooter which has facebook integrated. And don't tell me you were never a victim of a masskill in BF3, I saw whole servers dying to medkits or repair tools.

• Like 2

nether was i but dont bitch about hacks and bugs in a game duh

The nature of Armas engine and the nature of the hive server mean that these exploits are very hard to defend against. That is why they are moving over to the Arma 3 engine and starting fresh, so they fix all the problems you are currently bitching about.

But apparently you don't want to shell out for the fruit of rocket's labor, so I guess you get jack.

• Like 1

I agree. And I believe it's because in this game people actually have something to lose, and it would be much more frustrating for people to be griefed by a hacker. Therefore, hackers get all the more glory. Who cares about getting hacked and killed in a game you respawn every 5 seconds with the same gear?

The reason is simple, because BF3's engine was developed for a completely different purpose. ARMA2 is a simulator which allows the user to run scripts, BF3 is a shooter which has facebook integrated. And don't tell me you were never a victim of a masskill in BF3, I saw whole servers dying to medkits or repair tools.

And now guess why I don't like the idea of a DayZ game based on the Arma engine?

You bought a game with a mod you wanted to play. Now you have the option to buy another game. It's that simple.

I totally get your argument, but BI should be honest with them self and get WHY Arma 2 is top in steam store. It's not because of their brilliant coding, or their flawless network-architecture.

Look how Valve handled Counterstrike. They recognized WHY ppl. bought Halflife, and they found a good solution.

@ShiZaNkY yap, and that's why I have doubts in BI that they will be able to handle MMO-Proof protection.

Edited by DayFlawZ
  • Like 1

I totally get your argument, but BI should be honest with them self and get WHY Arma 2 is top in steam store. It's not because of their brilliant coding, or their flawless network-architecture.

Look how Valve handled Counterstrike. They recognized WHY ppl. bought Halflife, and they found a good solution.

...and then they charged for Counterstrike Source, which was the standalone remake of the incredibly popular free mod Counter Strike. See the similarities?

I really don't know how this doesn't make sense in your brain.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 3