DayFlawZ

So criticism not allowed here?

So basically every topics which criticizes the new payment model (more like the transition) for the standalone is closed now?

Sounds like pretty fanatic mods.

I don't know how many % of the DayZ players ever played Arma 2 before DayZ...

Well I knew some people who bought Arma 2 and they told me Arma 2 is... "utter b*******" which was one of the nicer statements about the status of Arma 2, a friend of mine threw his Arma 2 away and had to buy it again for DayZ.

So I really don't get the argument about "when you buy the standalone you have 2 complete games". No you got one and a half... statement from a huge Arma 1 fan... "Buying Arma 2 is like buying a car without wheels".

The worst thing about DayZ is Arma2.

So be honest guys... how many of you would play Arma2 after a DayZ standalone is released?

To have 2 games which you had to pay for, for the same game doesn't work that well... that's why Dota2 is f2p.

Edited by DayFlawZ
  • Like 3

Nobody is forcing you to buy standalone, continue to play the free mod that is still being developed in parallel if you want. I don't know how you expect the standalone game to also be developed for free.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 14

I would play Arma 2. Still do, It's actually quite fun at times. Civil war mode with AI is fun.

• Like 1

Nobody is forcing you to buy standalone, continue to play the free mod that is still being developed in parallel if you want.

You really belive in parallel development of a Mod which is in alpha?

What exactly is the new payment model?

Well you basically pay the same company for the same game twice.

I play Arma 2 A LOT I mean A LOT A LOT more then DayZ its great game and if you dont play it and own it you are a fucking dumb ass its one the best MilSims from what 2007 sorry if im off but this game is old in gaming standers so you cant be that mad at it

ARMA 2 has great SP experience. Aside from bugs (I bought it when OA was realeased, therefore after some patching), the experience so different than B3 / COD / Uncharted / every other "AAA" game was/is exactly what I was looking for. It is hard as hell, mission can even end without you ever move. But this is part of the deal. Try playing EW campaign and tell me what you think afterwards.

Edited by AverageTerror
  • Like 1

What exactly is the new payment model?

You buy the standalone for a significantly reduced price, because it is in alpha

Are you even serious DayFlawZ? Judging by your name I'm guessing you are.

You bought ARMA II: CO. You didn't buy Day Z.

Why is it so hard for you retards to grasp this fact?

When you buy your next awesome instalment of CoD do you complain that you don't get CoD 32 free when you bought CoD 31? This analogy isn't even enough to eclipse your stupidness because at least in this example both games are the same.

Day Z is a free mod. You willingly bought ARMA for a free mod.

You don't get any special discount.

I would safely assume 90% of people will be very happy to pay more money for a standalone. I would have assumed more but the amount of idiots making these threads make me a little more pessimistic.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 10

We all know he is going to buy it regardless.

Well you basically pay the same company for the same game twice.

How are you paying twice?

You buy the standalone for a significantly reduced price, because it is in alpha

Thanks, I didn't really get that. Not really my thing, but people can do with their money what they want.

I don't understand why people think they can buy a game to play a mod, then when they mod becomes big and they want to turn it into a stand alone game, they expect to get it for free. Where are they supposed to get money for development costs? I'm more than happy to pay for DayZ, because I know full well that I was buying ArmA 2, not every version of DayZ that currently and ever will exist.

It's not even going to be expensive, so I don't understand the complaints. The only people who are upset are the ones who don't understand they bought a game to play a mod.

Why is "Hey, I bought and enjoyed ArmA 2. Oh look, an awesome mod! Oh, it's going to go stand alone, I should buy it!" acceptable, but "Man what the hell, I bought this game solely so I could play this mod and now they want me to buy the stand alone? Fuck that!" not acceptable?

Edited by Sephka

How are you paying twice?

Thanks, I didn't really get that. Not really my thing, but people can do with their money what they want.

Well you would be a fool waiting for the full release and paying more.

When you buy your next awesome instalment of CoD do you complain that you don't get CoD 32 free when you bought CoD 31? This analogy isn't even enough to eclipse your stupidness because at least in this example both games are the same.

I would safely assume 90% of people will be very happy to pay more money for a standalone. I would have assumed more but the amount of idiots making these threads make me a little more pessimistic.

Jear, your are such a smart guy that have to say "retard" to other people cause what? Did he flame anybody? Did he? no he dont, so why u get this way? please tell me? -.-

AND its totaly fact that a lot of people just pay for ARMA2 cause of DayZ, u just have to look at the selling charts at steam, if dayz commes out and get popular ARMA2/OA goes up, so dont say "you just pay arma2".

Its also fact that BIS take the money from ARMA2 game and DayZ Standalone! And come on, DayZMod will maybe a community project after release of Standalone, but this is how BIS reaction on it, now all rights are by BIS for DayZ so i think if standalone comes out the mod will gone.

I'm in Total agreement....

Quote from an earlier post:

Concerning a seperate cost for a Standalone DayZ:

I bought Arma II: CO, just as everyone else here,

for the sole purpose of playing the Free Mod, DayZ.

That was a decision that I chose to make.

Just like everyone else here.

Just to play a Free Mod, because I like what I saw, and read.

Just as everyone else here.

I have no problem at all, paying for a Standalone DayZ.

Again, my choice.

Besides, I have Arma II:CO, I have yet to check out.

:)

Bottom line.

If you realy do not want to pay for the DayZ Standalone..........don't.

Well you would be a fool waiting for the full release and paying more.

I like to pay for stuff that isn't broken, nobody can promise me that if I pay early, the game will get out of Alpha phase successfully. I'm not one who's likes to bash on DayZ, but if I'm asked to pay money for something, I'm kind of conservative.

How is it so hard to say mannered?

From a objective point Arma 2 wasn't really a success, check out metacritics or what ever. So BI created a totally buggy game and even dared to sell it, then they got lucky and rocket created the mod. And now the same company which created the most buggy game I ever played wants me to pay again for a an alpha which will be as buggy as hell with the promise that it will be finished some day?

Ok let me get it straight; I dont mind to play DayZ, but I mind to pay the same studio twice in hope they create a less buggy game than the original one... which I only bought because some genius named "Rocket" made the buy worth something.

I would pay rocket 60$, no problem.

Edited by DayFlawZ

For all we know the standalone game is going to be $5 for the first few weeks and then $20 in alpha. We have no idea how much it's going to cost.... So people should stop freaking out

Don't buy it then, you bought ArmA for a buggy alpha mod made by a single person with no promise of it ever being finished, it's reached a point that it can't improve much more without going standalone.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

Don't buy it then, you bought ArmA for a buggy alpha mod made by a single person with no promise of it ever being finished.

I would buy i immediately if it wasn't programmed by BI.

How is it so hard to say mannered?

From a objective point Arma 2 wasn't really a success, check out metacritics or what ever. So BI created a totally buggy game and even dared to sell it, then they got lucky and rocket created the mod. And now the same company which created the most buggy game I ever played wants me to pay again for a an alpha which will be as buggy as hell with the promise that it will be finished some day?

Ok let me get it straight; I dont mind to play DayZ, but I mind to pay the same studio twice in hope they create a less buggy game than the original one... which I only bought because some genius named "Rocket" made the buy worth something.

I would pay rocket 60$, no problem.

again this game was from 07 back then they didnt have the stuff we have now lol also this game is a milsim not zombie killing game

I would buy i immediately if it wasn't programmed by BI.

rocket works for them so in away it already is/was so derp?