Ashnik

Would you kill the unarmed?

304 members have voted

1. 1. Would you kill an unarmed person on the coast?

Yes I kill them, they are still a threat regardless, MAYBE if I saw them spawn at the beach in front of me, that's such a small chance though.

1. I've run zombies into people unarmed, they have done it to me.

2. Just because they are "unarmed" doesn't mean they don't have a hand grenade in their pocket.

3. They may be playing with others and now are tracking me with their friends to kill me.

Only if I say friendly and they don't reply. You never know if they're hiding a hatchet!

Also, if they're being a dick and aggroing a ton of zombies and running in my direction

Never would I, unless I know that they are a threat.

• Like 1

No. I avoid everyone. Today was the first time with this character(day3) that I came across another player who was aware of my presence. I tried to tell him I was friendly, but he shot anyways. If you're unarmed I won't mess with you, but if you start following me, expect to get shot.

It depends on the situation, if I am just traveling and encounter unarmed survivor, i'll just leave them alone, but if I am looting a city and I see unarmed survivor, I would kill them.

Specially if they are running to the firehouse or buildings that spawn weapons. I learned not to trust anybody after helping another survivor get rid of zombies and then get shot

in the back of my head by the guy I just helped.

• Like 1

The only problem with this game is the lack of negative effects from killing innocent people. If Rocket's "vision" is to make this a zombie survival game and not just deathmatch with zombies there has to be some side effect to being a murderous asshole.

Lets take a real life survival situation. This doesn't have to be a zombie apocalypse, just anything catastrophic that displaces people and places them in survival mode.

Say you're running through the forest with some friends looking for an animal to kill because you guys are hungry and you have a gun to kill said animal. You come across a family, a husband his wife and 2 young children, they're unarmed and look like they could use the food from the animal more than you can.

A real human being in a real life scenario would share the food with this family and maybe bring this family back to their camp, or ignore the family and take the animal for themselves/their friends.

A Dayz player would kill the entire family loot their tent then cook the beans they stole from the bodies on the fire the family had made.

Until inherent flaws with the mod are changed there is absolutely no negative reason for killing the person. Dayz in its current state is just a much more buggy incomplete version of an arcade FPS with zombies.

• Like 4

The only problem with this game is the lack of negative effects from killing innocent people. If Rocket's "vision" is to make this a zombie survival game and not just deathmatch with zombies there has to be some side effect to being a murderous asshole.

Lets take a real life survival situation. This doesn't have to be a zombie apocalypse, just anything catastrophic that displaces people and places them in survival mode.

Say you're running through the forest with some friends looking for an animal to kill because you guys are hungry and you have a gun to kill said animal. You come across a family, a husband his wife and 2 young children, they're unarmed and look like they could use the food from the animal more than you can.

A real human being in a real life scenario would share the food with this family and maybe bring this family back to their camp, or ignore the family and take the animal for themselves/their friends.

A Dayz player would kill the entire family loot their tent then cook the beans they stole from the bodies on the fire the family had made.

Until inherent flaws with the mod are changed there is absolutely no negative reason for killing the person. Dayz in its current state is just a much more buggy incomplete version of an arcade FPS with zombies.

So true..

Yes kill them all, because they has been killed and just running back to loot their body :)

The problem is we don't run into families in DayZ, we run into heavily armed people or guys who will be heavily armed soon. Imagine yourself in a civil emergency, no army or police in sight, you are alone in the forest and a guy with an assault rifle runs up to you. Do you really try to talk to this guy?

• Like 1

Would not kill I often get the drop on armed opponents and I don't kill them either.

The problem is we don't run into families in DayZ, we run into heavily armed people or guys who will be heavily armed soon. Imagine yourself in a civil emergency, no army or police in sight, you are alone in the forest and a guy with an assault rifle runs up to you. Do you really try to talk to this guy?

Another thing DayZ doesn't show is emotions and facial expressions. You can tell a dumb, agitated, hostile man just by looking at his face. You can also tell a sharp, intelligent, and friendly man just by looking at his face. In DayZ the closest thing to that is saying "Friendly" and seeing how they respond.

Yes I do talk to that guy. Obviously he knows something I don't. If you don't give him a reason to shoot you with said assault rifle, then he isn't going to shoot you.

For some reason people assume that if you have a gun in real life that you're a murderous rampaging maniac. Your moral compass doesn't just turn off once you get your hands on a firearm.

Peoples thought process in this game stems from movies and video games and not common sense/human nature. Until there are major overhauls to this game(mod) it will stay that way.

Go ahead and take the moral high ground

Can't speak for others but to me its not about morals at all. its just not a challenge at all.

Edited by Ganjastar

Usually if someone sees me or is too close I'll shoot them.

Armed or not doesn't matter, I don't discriminate.

If you come in to my hunting domain (middle part of the map and up) unarmed you are asking for it..

I will promptly give you a ticket on the bullet express back to the cost to get some gear and invite you back to try to get your revenge on me...

Im in it for the fights.. not the survial part..

Edit. But i would never shoot a unarmed guy on the coast or the big citys.. that is just the bottomfeeders that to shit like that..

I F****ING hate sniper vids from people sniping in cherno or elektro.. no skill scum of the earth...

Thinker.

Edited by thinker

I met a friendly asian in balota, he was asking me to help him, i told him to go away and he didnt listen, i shot him five times with my AKM until he died, he had a revolver in his backpack, he lied to me about being unarmed, i only regret killing him because he was asian... RIP Eagle

Most likely not. One it's not very nice, and two it's a waste of ammo. If the player isn't armed he's not going to have anything good on him so why attract attention to yourself for a bandage and some pain killers?

• Like 1

For some reason people assume that if you have a gun in real life that you're a murderous rampaging maniac.

I guess you've not been watching the news lately. Got to love a country where it's easier to get guns then psychiatric health care.

• Like 1