griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

This is an excellent move by BI, clearly Rocket has demonstrated a market for this genre of game.

As much as I love DayZ MOD I would be very happy to go cold turkey until they release the alpha for the new full DayZ Game.

I hope that BI/Rocket use a more stable graphics engine than ARMA II. I am interested in having a look at ARMA III

Well done!

I'm hoping for an arma 3 engine with all the modding capacity removed making it much more difficult on the hackers.

Love this mod even though I'm awful at it :)

... meaning the (arguably) best / most fun areas in the game are off limits due to my entire screen covered in "Artifacts", leaving about 0 to 30 degrees of vision.

we all get artifacts - just toggle vsync to remove them, albeit temporarily. I know the plan is still to "support" the mod but I don't really see the point in spending much more, if any, effort on it.

Minecraft princing ? so alpha = 10$, who the fack dont have 10$ for a overmotherfking awesome game :o ?

Realx Guys.. in a week is GAMESCOM, then we know maybe a bit more.. just give the devs a bit air and let them do what they do best ;)

The engine was already told, so please don't ask more for it.. Uses the same as Arma3 does. VR4

Arma3 was created for public, Arma2 was built on a really old engine, not for public things, that's why it's easy hackable. Arma 3 is aware of that.

Btw. Arma 3 should be released end of october 2012. This gives us a bit knowledge, that the engine is ready and Dayz isn't that super far away.

And, he didn't say minecraft equal price. It was only told of the strategy, release in alpha stage will be at a lower cost, than the fullgame. This can still be 30$ of 60$, just wait for further details and don't guessing too much.

Edited by mdevch

we all get artifacts - just toggle vsync to remove them, albeit temporarily. I know the plan is still to "support" the mod but I don't really see the point in spending much more, if any, effort on it.

Too bad almost every solution, if not all solutions, make the artifacts spread and make them more dense. MAYBE the windowed to full screen works. I actually found that V sync is the worst solution to the problem (amplifies the artifacts the most)

Three questions

Will our charachters transfer?

Oh god, I sure hope not.

Edited by Menny
  • Like 2

Biggest question I have is does this mean DayZ will be coming to consoles as well? I know a few console gamers who think that the concept of DayZ is great, but they can't play since they use consoles.

Biggest question I have is does this mean DayZ will be coming to consoles as well? I know a few console gamers who think that the concept of DayZ is great, but they can't play since they use consoles.

not a chance in fucking HELL!

• Like 4

There is a reason computers have been made... let them use it :P

NO

Edited by Timberwolf
  • Like 5

Standalone will be for iOS only, then Wii and Xbox...soyou get to really enjoy the hatchet hacking action. It will come with a "beans & soda" accessory pack where you really get to open a can and toss it at the hospital windows.

PC version will no longer be supported because too many keyboard keys are making people's eyes cross.

Looking forward to enjoying it on my iphone while driving.

• Like 3

Standalone will be for iOS only, then Wii and Xbox...soyou get to really enjoy the hatchet hacking action. It will come with a "beans & soda" accessory pack where you really get to open a can and toss it at the hospital windows.

PC version will no longer be supported because too many keyboard keys are making people's eyes cross.

Looking forward to enjoying it on my iphone while driving.

What... no blackberry?

Did nobody see that the game, similar to minecraft, will be heavily discounted if you buy it in alpha? Minecraft was 5 bucks if you got it at the start and honestly if you have a job that's less than an hour's pay. It's no big deal at all.

True. Why are you quoting me though?

"Will our characters transfer?"

You can't really be preciousabout your character in alpha :) Id imagine at least two complete HIVE wipes before final release.

On consoles you've got class3 + 4 by Undeadlabs coming out on Xbox, and The longest day or something on PS3. Class 4 is the persistent online world one which looks pretty good if a little over stylized (but then its by a lead guy from world of warcraft). The only real hardcore game your ever gonna get will be on PC. Marketing says no to real hardcore games on consoles, but then people don't know what they want till it's there. I'm 100% behind whatever Rocket does, cos in my experience real games are made by visionaries like Rod Gilbert of Monkey Island fame, or Hideo Kojima (metal gear solid). I'm hoping now that BI are behind it, the finished product wont be sanitized for a broader audience.

Ooooh just thought of a question:

Would this be released on Steam?

Not sure if somebody has already replied to this but here is my speculation:

As with minecraft, it will not be on steam. Why? Because the regular update path the game will follow doesn't fit steam's way of doing things.

Would love it if the standalone was released on a console aswell because im the only PC gamer out of my group of friends and exploring the map on my own can be a little lonely at times :P

• Like 1

Hopefully Rocket clears those $$ signs out of his eyes long enough to work on security for this game. He couldn't get through a interview call, without the interviewers getting Thunderdomed.

lmao