griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

ok so now we know the reason why recently we haven't seen the promised hotfix and new version(promised like 3 weeks ago). If you think dayz for arma 2 will still have support you are all a bunch of fools.

ok so now we know the reason why recently we haven't seen the promised hotfix and new version(promised like 3 weeks ago).  If you think dayz for arma 2 will still have support you are all a bunch of fools.

Um you are the fool. The reason rocket is taking so long on the update is because its no longer 1.7.2.5, it's 1.7.3. As in a update with new content. Ie dogs.

Two sentences:Firstly, 1.7.2.5 will not come out (it will be 1.7.3)Secondly, WOOF WOOF.
Edited by JESUSARIUS REX

Um you are the fool. The reason rocket is taking so long on the update is because its no longer 1.7.2.5, it's 1.7.3. As in a update with new content. Ie dogs.

When??? make me laugh pls

Who the hell needs dogs when there is so much more important shit to take care of. Funny how the russian guys of lingor they are doing a much better job ironing bugs away then the official dayz. But interviews are obviously the more important thing to do now.

Oh i saw it. 1.7.3 supposedly out the 1 of august. errr it's the 9th btw.

Edited by Fabrix

Good news, but will my existing character, then be deleted? Or just being blocked from playing once the Standalone is released, until I purchase the Standalone?

Would be interesting to know, as some of us have epic gear :D

I think that the BI connection is only natural...still I wonder how much funding this game might have gotten, if done via kickstarter....

BI, I believe I am entitled to a full reimbursement.

My monitor broke after trying to insert my bank card into it to give you all my money.

• Like 2

Well, you'll always find one or two cheats on FPS games, like aimbots and wallhacks. But these hacks are nothing compared to the hacks available for Arma / DayZ.

On BF3, a cheater will be able to headshot anyone. Annoying, but that's all. On Arma you can transform someone into a cow, teleport every one into a specific place, give yourself any weapons, get invisible, etc ... Can you do that in BF3 & COD ? I doubt it.

Nope, in BF3 you can Teleport everyone in front of your Crosshair with or without vehicles. You can get invisible, you can give unl. ammo, you can fly, you can teleport yourself, and of course - GODMODE.. So pretty same things as in dayz, just not spawn weapons/vehicles as far as i know.

COD.. wallhack, aimbot, invisible, godmode -> more than enough to destroy a game.

• Like 1

I'd be interested to hear if Rocket has total control of the project. He's project lead obviously but will he have to compromise his vision at all now it's an official BI standalone game ?

I of course hope this is the case.

I imagine BI will give him a lot of leeway - they are, after all, a rather small and independent dev studio themselves. Also, since they're going with the Minecraft release strategy, he/they will have more than enough freedom to try things out and tweak them later based on community feedback. That's the beauty of it.

As for all the speculation on the engine, I'm pretty sure the recent Ars Technica article confirmed that it will be RV4 (the Arma3 engine). It makes sense too, since licensing a different engine (like CE3) costs money, not to mention the work of porting assets and training the devs to use it. Developing a completely new engine from scratch isn't going to happen either, mainly because it would take ages (thus costing even more money). Nope, not gonna happen.

The only other remote possibility I could see happening, aside from the obvious RV4, would be the Carrier Command engine. But even that is unlikely.

Edited by MadDogX

Do i understand right , pay for an Alpha ?

NO.. you pre-purchase the fullgame as when it's in alpha state.

Your decision whether you already want to play in alpha or wait to beta or finished release ;p

• Like 1

ok so now we know the reason why recently we haven't seen the promised hotfix and new version(promised like 3 weeks ago). If you think dayz for arma 2 will still have support you are all a bunch of fools.

Oh i saw it. 1.7.3 supposedly out the 1 of august. errr it's the 9th btw.

make your mind up, is the patch 3 weeks late or 8 days?

Go play Lingor island then if you think they're doing such a great job, we wont miss you or your stinky attitude.

• Like 1

1. When it goes stand-alone will it still use BE as anti-cheat or will there be different anti-cheat software? It getting kinda insane with hackers atm.

2. Will it go the same with updates/fixes as now? I have been experiencing grahpical glitches for some time now which still aren't fixed. This doesn't give me a lot of confidence if it will be better in the stand-alone game.

make your mind up, is the patch 3 weeks late or 8 days?

Go play Lingor island then if you think they're doing such a great job, we wont miss you or your stinky attitude.

Already doing that, saves me a lot of graphical glitches and the map is loads more fun.

Nope, in BF3 you can Teleport everyone in front of your Crosshair with or without vehicles. You can get invisible, you can give unl. ammo, you can fly, you can teleport yourself, and of course - GODMODE.. So pretty same things as in dayz, just not spawn weapons/vehicles as far as i know.

COD.. wallhack, aimbot, invisible, godmode -> more than enough to destroy a game.

I have run into more hackers in DayZ then in all the games I played so far.

Edited by Spookz0r

i will not pay 1 bug for this mod! This is a bit crazy, that ppl like this mod!

I played a long time this mod and i am sick about updates like dogs or whatever and the simple alt+F4 problem is not solved! WTF guys? Is it so hard to put the Timeout up to 4-6 sec and save the Char before he disconnect? I will pay NOTHING for a game full of bugs and stupid updates! i mean if it would be possible to duplicate the money in D3 it would be fixed in 1-3 Days (if known). But here u can still duplicate and u can still alt+f4 and the devs dont care! Are u a team full of apes? We dont need DOGS! we NEED problem solving!

btw and u can report hackers like u want and there is no dev 1 sec in the threads! gj u are doing a gj! feed the apes with dogs and new guns and they will buy the game!

Edited by foo2bar

i will not pay 1 bug for this mod! This is a bit crazy, that ppl like this mod!

I played a long time this mod and i am sick about updates like dogs or whatever and the simple alt+F4 problem is not solved! WTF guys? Is it so hard to put the Timeout up to 4-6 sec and save the Char before he disconnect? I will pay NOTHING for a game full of bugs and stupid updates! i mean if it would be possible to duplicate the money in D3 it would be fixed in 1-3 Days (if known). But here u can still duplicate and u can still alt+f4 and NOBODY dev cares! Are u a team full of apes? We dont need DOGS! we NEED problem solving!

btw and u can report hackers like u want and there is no dev 1 sec in the threads! gj u are doing a gj! feed the apes with dogs and new guns and they will buy the game!

Haha. In D3 was a bug that you could enter a godmod. This bug was from beginning there and was fixed a week ago, so they are not fixing something in 1-3 days, so be quiet. The Dev Team is doing a great job and they need time. If they are doing a big Patch like 1.7.3 it is worth it to wait in my opinion. Better wait instead getting an half finished Update. Can't wait to for 1.7.3 btw :D

• Like 2

simple alt+F4 problem is not solved! WTF guys? Is it so hard to put the Timeout up to 4-6 sec and save the Char before he disconnect?

Yes, it is. Some issues with the game, such as the Alt+F4 problem. are engine limitations - these cannot be easily fixed, especially not by a mod. They would need to make some pretty deep changes in the engine, which BIS is probably reluctant to do, as it would affect all of Arma2, not just DayZ. The potential for breaking things as a result would be high.

Moving DayZ to a standalone client is exactly what needs to be done in order to get these things fixed. Your logic is backwards.

I will pay NOTHING for a game full of bugs and stupid updates!

Then wait until it is out of alpha.

Edited by MadDogX

Good news, but will my existing character, then be deleted? Or just being blocked from playing once the Standalone is released, until I purchase the Standalone?

Would be interesting to know, as some of us have epic gear :D

You can continue to play the MOD, but if you buy standalone your character won't be transfered there

I just hope (even though I love dayz) that they don't charge full retail price for the standalone dayz and arma3, I mean if they are running on the arma3 engine then we should get it relatively cheap considering its now a standalone game and not using their own engine, I love both games but I have no intention to spend $60.00 dollars on each game when they use the same engine as each other.

Don't suppose you know if there will be a completely seperate forum for the standalone or a seperate section on here?

I imagine the forum will be the same

• Like 1

to all of those complaining about bugs and that they are not fixed and stating that you wont pay money for a buggy standalone..

you are forgetting something.. YOU ARE A TESTER! so stop whining and asking for things, nobody owes you anything! if you have complaints about the Arma2 game go on their forum and whine! you did not buy the DayZ mod and they are not asking you to pay for it, when the standalone comes out you can try it and decide if you want to buy, until then STFU

they are not adding dogs to the game to keep you playing, they are testing if this will work and if people will want it in the endgame, so again STFU

just play the mod as it is, report bugs, give creative suggestions and wait for the standalone.

what you are doing now is like you were building a house and i was raging: this is not a house, it doesn't have doors, it doesn't have a roof, it rains inside i wont buy it.. do you see how retarded that is?

Edited by debiru
  • Like 1

ArmA III requires an i5:(.

Looks like i'll need to rebuild. Goodbye my reliable 2.8Ghz core 2 duo. You was sexy.

That's was mid range specs, not minimum.

That's was mid range specs, not minimum.

Who the hell believes specs anyway? You can run it with a far worse PC

Who the hell believes specs anyway? You can run it with a far worse PC

Agreed, if you're not PC-retarded you can tweak and change any game to work.