griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS: FUCK YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CANT FUCKING WAIT FOR THIS! GREAT JOB ROCKET.

No clue why people would complain about having to buy the standalone. DayZ (if you bought Arma 2 just for that) will still be developed, and you'll still get more hours of playtime out of the game than you would for a $50-$60 game. When the standalone is priced (with a fairly low cost), it will still be one hell of a deal considering how much time you'll get out of it. Sandbox games have tremendous value!

I think anyone who isn´t interested in ArmAII at all and just cares for DayZ might feel screwed right now...

Then again who should have forseen the huge impact this would make all of a sudden...

And again, the mod itself WILL become obsolete in my opinion.

No one is getting screwed.The community stood up and supported DayZ by purchasing Arma2 in order to play it. This gave BI the proof it needed to finance DayZ into a standalone game. We rose up and spoke as 1 million, proved that we wanted this game, and in return we get a standalone. Who cares about the money. It's the point that we were able to start a movement. To get a game that is different than COD or BF. Different than WoW. This is the next gen mmo. A zombie sandbox that lets us do whatever we want. Without a specific goal or objective. Everyone is talking about DayZ, It's going to become it's own game, and we get to be a part of it. Well worth the money spent.

Forgot the tldr:

Don't complain about purchasing the standalone after purchasing Arma 2. If you are in that kind of financial scenario where you can't waste any more money on a game, you should have stopped yourself from purchasing Arma 2 in the first place.

if(pissing and moaning)

{

to this man listen you.Should();

}

• Like 1

That means anti hack, more bug fixes because he can edit the engine? New stuff because he can edit engine?

TAKE MY MONEY.

Seriously...What is it that some of you "entitled" people here just don't seem to understand?

*YOU purchased two FULL games to play a *FREE* mod!*

**NOBODY forced your hand or your wallet..that was ALL YOU, so how about you STOP this stupid bitching/demanding!**

***Maybe you should play the game(s) you purchased? They have BIG active communities and there's dozens of OTHER MODS TO PLAY!***

Nobody should have to be explaining this to you guys over and over...GET OVER IT PLX!

*I apologize for the CAPS etc. I will no longer voice my opinion towards these "entitled"...sorry <_<

Edited by Ash712
  • Like 8

Can't wait for this to be released, will buy it immediately for sure. But for now I just hope 1.7.2.5 gets released soon.

if(pissing and moaning)

{

to this man listen you.Should();

}

Damn boy, you should stick to packing groceries at your local super market. Stay away from programming :D

• Like 2

I am looking forward to this =D

but my only question is how far you will take the DayZ Mod, before Standalone? Will the game get out of Alpha at very least?

Edited by Skully

Когда будет возможность сделать пред заказ игры ?

When will be able to pre-order the game ?

Когда будет возможность сделать пред заказ игры ?

When will be able to pre-order the game ?

Soon™

I would like to point that BIS is to be commended for their flexibility and reactivity. They got a huge success out of the blue, but the decision go take DayZ under their wing is not so easy. It is a very difficult moment for them, they are nearing ARMA3's critical months. Hiring, training and getting a new team going is not so easy when you are not sure if DayZ has any staying power or it'll just be a fad.

Now, developing a personalized version of their engine, promoting and releasing a new game in such short notice is courageous. From what Rocket has said to ArsTechnica, it seems like he's been able to retain a big amount of control over the final product and that his vision will dominate over other more commercial concerns. Again, a valiant decision on BIS' part.

Extremely good news!

• Like 4

I hope DayZ decides to go with some sort of official server setup. Having random people host servers that they can shut down, restart, ban, kick, etc. will not be good for a commercial product. I said it before somewhere but I'd gladly pay $5-$15 a month for proper servers.

Congratulations and best lucky ... this is amazing ... "so, where I pre order?" :thumbsup:

paid 20 dollars for playing dayz for just some weeks...

...worth every penny!

• Like 2

I'm stoked as a goat for this. If there was someway to pre-order so Rocket has more funds to make the game better i would. Although to warrant a purchase we need content, maybe not story-wise but definitely in the way you interact with people/zeds. I want the zeds to have a realtime animation engine so they push off walls and bump into each other. Something better than just memory heavy mo-cap scenes and ragdolls. Also i'm gonna miss the clunky interface once it's gone. So much tension in dropping your main weapon to the floor then removing hatchet from toolbelt and finally reloading before you can hit.

Edited by RiggsUK
  • Like 1

This is great news, will it be set in Greece like Arma 3 or will it have a custom map?

Ugh I am so excited man! My only fear is my new computer won't be able to handle it =( Please make it's minimum requirements Low so everyone can play!

• Like 2

I purchased ARMA 2 a few weeks ago, and I will still purchase the stand alone! Fun game, glad you are going into commercial standalone!

• Like 1

I hope you fix the game first. because whats the point on losing hours and hours of your time looking for gear to lose it to a stupid bug or a hacker etc.....