griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

well i hope doors are more realistic... like zombie breaking the doors or taking it apart... i havent had the game yet so i dont know if theres barricades or planks it would be cool if its in the standalone version like zombies taking apart barricades! YEAH! anyways... im just gonna wait for the standalone... :D

Enjoy the wait.....

It'll be a long one.

Enjoy the wait.....

It'll be a long one.

Every time I see attached to your avatar, it's something negative.

For someone who comes across as you do about DayZ, it's heavily ironic that you spend so much time here...

Edited by urbanfox
  • Like 2

Hope it has a better anti-hacking system then the mod.

Edited by WaywardMind

Do you think you could add cats that scare away the zombies, like how in minecraft they scare away creepers. Just a suggestion since you said you was going for the minecraft model.

Also can't wait for the standalone. Gunna be great having a less resource hoggy dayz!

Every time I see attached to your avatar, it's something negative.

For someone who comes across as you do about DayZ, it's heavily ironic that you spend so much time here...

That's because i play the game, host a server & have supported the mod since day 1 release, i've seen it through all the current releases & with hindsight can see exactly where this is going.

Unfortunatley it's not going very well imho, i think i've earned the right to comment, be those negative or positive ones, i give credit where credit is due.

I hear you. I wish there was some way to prevent maps and guides from being made.

Ingame maps for sure, but browser made maps and tools like the ones currently available does sort of spoil the experience. Ofcause one can always simply keep from using those tools... however, I for one cannot stop using them since they're there.

I might not have any backbone though ;)

You guys need to beat the warz team to the punch!! I'm going to stick with you guys, your idea and I like the ARMA engine and controls, but they're bringing out new footage all the time, come on guys you can do this.

• Like 1

WARZ is a watered down wannabe version of DAYZ for all the kiddies that need there hand held in game...

Edited by Roc
  • Like 2

I know it looks like left 4 dead and COD mixed... so no... DayZ for the win!

• Like 2

You shouldn't comment WarZ down like this. We all know by know that it is going to be a different game than DayZ, but who says that it will not be enjoyable? When it comes out, and depending on their pricing model I will give it a try.

Edited by Takas

You're killing me Rocket, you said they will be out soon :(

Im no Rocket-Scientist (Get it?), but im guessing this thread will be merged :P

Edited by Boneboys

warz is now in pre-order... alpha will start at 15 october...

rocket you need to speed up...

Yes, when do u think u'll give us the stand alone of DayZ cause' warz is coming soon ?

Rocket doesn't need to "speed up" at all. It's not a race. DayZ will be released when they are ready and rushing it won't achieve anything. WarZ will do what it wants and good luck to them, it really has nothing to do with the development of DayZ though.

• Like 3

^^^^... SEARCH!!! of course theyre coming out with it oct 15 cuz they know DayZ standalone will be out around december (cuz they searched!). they also know Rocket and BI are shooting for a $20 game (from searching) so they would want to release the alpha as early as possible to get your grubby ass money. they also know all the gaming whores out there would love to pay their top asking price of $50 a month or two before spending $20 for DayZ

since im here everyone needs to shut up about the UI and the physics and the hacking and blahblahblah. This !!>>>MOD<<<!! is on the arma 2 engine. DayZ will run on a revamped version that will have ragdoll according to OP and be locked down so it would be impossible to script or hack. duping will be fixed and so forth.

i just saw that. "give"? theres no giving of the standalone. they can release it and you can buy it

Edited by RyanK

Rocket doesn't need to "speed up" at all. It's not a race. DayZ will be released when they are ready and rushing it won't achieve anything. WarZ will do what it wants and good luck to them, it really has nothing to do with the development of DayZ though.

+1.

Since we're making silly demands: Rocket must send my mum a birthday card OR I WILL NEVER PLAY DAYZ AGAIN!

since im here everyone needs to shut up about the UI and the physics and the hacking and blahblahblah. This !!>>>MOD<<<!! is on the arma 2 engine. DayZ will run on a revamped version that will have ragdoll according to OP and be locked down so it would be impossible to script or hack. duping will be fixed and so forth.

Fucking sick and tired of people saying this.

EVERYONE KNOWS DAYZ IS IN ALPHA. Does that mean hackers, scripters, and bugs shouldn't bother us? Hell no. I gaurantee the first thing that comes out of your mouth when you die to a hacker isn't "Oop, DayZ is in Alpha. Better go blow someone before I start ranting". Sure it might be a mod, but when people wait, wait, wait some more, wait a little bit longer, get promised updates that take forever, they start to get a little edgy.

Also, you can assure people that you'll do something all you want. Does that mean it's going to happen? Nope. They might manage to rid the game of hackers completely, but so far it doesn't look like they're reaching that goal any time soon.

well keep bitching cuz that gets shit done right?

btw i never said it was in alpha, i dont care about that. i said its a MOD, a mod of a game that has that scripting and other crap written in the code so it makes it pretty hard to get rid of. When the standalone is released it will still be in Alpha stage

DayZ standalone will be out around december

and 1.7.3 is supposed to come out "sometime" before that. so i dont know what youre waiting for. hell, last update was only a month ago

Edited by RyanK

EVERYONE KNOWS DAYZ IS IN ALPHA. Does that mean hackers, scripters, and bugs shouldn't bother us? Hell no. I gaurantee the first thing that comes out of your mouth when you die to a hacker isn't "Oop, DayZ is in Alpha. Better go blow someone before I start ranting". Sure it might be a mod, but when people wait, wait, wait some more, wait a little bit longer, get promised updates that take forever, they start to get a little edgy.

Also, you can assure people that you'll do something all you want. Does that mean it's going to happen? Nope. They might manage to rid the game of hackers completely, but so far it doesn't look like they're reaching that goal any time soon.

I am going to blow your mind here...

Wait for it...

WAIT FOR IT....

DAYZ IS FREE. YOU ARE GUARANTEED NOTHING.

Edited by urbanfox
  • Like 3

You don't seem to understand if you're complaining about hackers speak to battleye, Rocket didn't make the banning system.

• Like 1