Sign in to follow this  
oZiix

DayZ standalone will use Real Virtuality 4 engine!

Recommended settings is a GTX 560 Ti and a i5 CPU, from what I heard in an interview.

Ok then I should be alright. I mean I meet the recommended for arma 2 and I still don't think I run it as good as I should.

Uhh bro, some of us spent two grand on our computers within the last year on pc's with core i7 quad core hyperthreaded cpu's and solid state hd, 16g ram, GTX 570 SC, etc, and can't even get near maxing out the current game (arma2) without having garbage fps.

I'm talking having shadows and aa on low just to get a decent first person shooter experience. Yet I go back to skyrim, deus 3, bf3, anything new-age really and remind myself once again what my computer is capable of. Everything maxed out with silky fps.

What are you playing on, a server? The game runs terrible. Yes it's old and wasn't necessarily designed for newer equipment, but you just talked so much garbage I mentally saw the dumpster pour.

In actual relevance, I hope an nvidia 560 really will properly run this game as they say it will haha.

This guy gets it.

Meh, DayZ standalone is going to be shit and buggy most probably, no change there...yeah the "current engine isn't made for what dayz is trying to achieve" so yeah let's use the newer version from the one were using that serves the same purpose as the last one, hurr durr. The less work the better.

You don't get it. He now has access to the SOURCE CODE of the engine. He can change how the entire game works if he wanted to (and presuming he's allowed to in his contract with BI) This is absolutely the best news possible...here are the other options if Rocket didn't go with the RV4 engine:

1. He builds his own engine. This would be fantastic... if you want to wait 1 year+ for first release. Also, it's likely you'd get a half-finished game because he wouldn't have the budget to create a top-tier engine from scratch.

2. He signs with another studio and works on another engine. This could possibly work out well... except it likely wouldn't. Rocket and his other Devs know the RV4 engine intimately. Porting their ideas to another engine might work, but again, it'd come with delays. ALSO, if he were working for another company he likely wouldn't have the same respect/leash length as he'll have with BI. There's a personal relationship already built... that's how the best things get made quickly.

For all we know, Rocket could have a restraint of trade clause in his current contract with BI that doesn't allow him to work for anyone else in the industry for X years if he leaves BI... That's not uncommon.

No matter what, this will work out well. If it doesn't, it's not because of the VR4 engine, it's because it wasn't dev'd well.

Personally, I have no doubts it's going to rock!

Edited by sudZ!
  • Like 1

Rocket stated on Reddit he is intending to keep this mod alive on low end computers. The folks at BiS also said "If you can run Arma II, you can run Arma III" in an interview.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/xtinb/thats_right_this_is_actually_happening_dayz_will/c5pi4bh

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/23/day-z-arma-3-interview-optimization-map-design-radios-porting-day-z-into-arma-3/

The new engine is completely overhauled and fluid. It will address many of the concerns currently plaguing players. Lighting and pitch black night, inventory, choppy performance that leads to things like oddly-timed broken bones, vehicle handling, weapon mechanics and use, AI *zombies*, it goes on. It's not the same engine, it's still being developed. And additionally, with Dayz standalone being designed from the ground up, utilizing only the "core" from before *i.e. the original feel*, players can expect to have the same immersion and level of greatness they experienced with DayZ mod, but with reduced hacking, better graphics, better optimization, and better performance.

Look at some of the Arma 3 gameplay videos. You'll get a great idea of how the game will look! Look at the lighting!

• Like 3

What the hell are you talking about dude? My PC has no problem running this game, I average around 30 FPS in major cities and anywhere else 45-70, which is plenty. But just looking at this game and the graphics etc, you would think ANY PC could run it on max settings and never drop below 40 FPS. I mean, it's just a huge WTF for me and many other people. And no, I can't get it on my "gaystation". Why insult it? Like does it make you feel cool? Consoles provide people with hours of enjoyment, I don't see the need to bash any console.

no, just an observation and any enthusiast/regular PC gamer has a rig that can get AT LEAST 60 fps capped in the game. Theyre bashable because of the inflow of new players who only got this game FOR the mod because they cant get it. Why do u think this game is turning into another CoD type fps.

I'm an adult and I have a shitbox computer. I spend my money on other things, like raising children, rock climbing gear, and home brewing. I like DayZ too, so let's all hug and get back to discussing the mod-gone-game.

Going stand alone should allow rocket to close off features (to limit hackers), which is something a mod cannot do.

If its a shitbox than you create a lot of lag comp(because i know most of you dont know what it is, lag comp is lag compensation) making it so that no matter how good your net is youll lag the fuck out of everyone, thats just how the netcode of the game goes. If you truelly do love pc gaming, than good for you just remember the burdon you put on others. And i dont disagree with you that going stand alone is a good thing, im just praying to god it wont be another pay monthly RPG or a pay 2 win game is all.

I just hope Rocket gets to create dayz standalone in his vision, and isnt held back by devs that want to cash in on the popularity, and make it appeal to a larger audience by making it easy and generic

lets hope the bohemia devs respect this project, cause dayz is so important to so many hardcore gamers who are sick of the same generic shit spewed out by mainstream developers

• Like 3

Uhh bro, some of us spent two grand on our computers within the last year on pc's with core i7 quad core hyperthreaded cpu's and solid state hd, 16g ram, GTX 570 SC, etc, and can't even get near maxing out the current game (arma2) without having garbage fps.

I'm talking having shadows and aa on low just to get a decent first person shooter experience. Yet I go back to skyrim, deus 3, bf3, anything new-age really and remind myself once again what my computer is capable of. Everything maxed out with silky fps.

What are you playing on, a server? The game runs terrible. Yes it's old and wasn't necessarily designed for newer equipment, but you just talked so much garbage I mentally saw the dumpster pour.

In actual relevance, I hope an nvidia 560 really will properly run this game as they say it will haha.

Sounds boo. I am right on the money apparently..gtx560ti and an i5 @ 3.33..4gig of ram on win7 32 bit... and it screams along fine at max settings..maybe you need to downgrade ;) When i originally tried Arma back in 2006 with well over rec specs it was a buggy crash fest of death , i never touched the arma series again until dayz came out and whaddya know..it runs fucking brilliant. I think it can just be luck of the draw because of poor optimisation.

I just hope Rocket gets to create dayz standalone in his vision, and isnt held back by devs that want to cash in on the popularity, and make it appeal to a larger audience by making it easy and generic

lets hope the bohemia devs respect this project, cause dayz is so important to so many hardcore gamers who are sick of the same generic shit spewed out by mainstream developers

I would say that BI will and do..look at Arma, not a mainstream rails pos game like so many others..i cannot see them changing that and there is no way Rocket wants to go down that well trod and boring path with Dayz..i think we are safe in that respect.

I am totally in support of this. Appealing to other audiences and making the game more accessible to casual players to increase profits is why BF3 died so quickly. They need to make the standalone have the exact or almost exact gameplay, not easier. Maybe even harder, who knows. But casualising a game never helps it, it only helps your profits.

Rocket isn't one of those people in the gaming industry who are are greedy bastards who make shit games for money.

That's EA.

You're jaded if you think this isn't about money. What would you do?

You're NAIVE if you think this isn't about money. What would you do?

fixed.

Also, of course it's about money. But getting paid for having the intelligence and drive to create something unique is exactly what our society is built around. You can't hate on a guy for legitimate success.

will also allow the standalone DayZ to have more diffuse nighttime lighting, rather than the practically unplayable near-pitch-blackness of the current mod.

Well that settles the "nighttime is too dark" thread. Looks like I was right.

You're jaded if you think this isn't about money. What would you do?

He'd create the game for free and then hand deliver it to those that want it, travelling by unicorn.

• Like 1

This is the first link that pops up when I type "ARMA III system requirements." into google. I don't know how reliable it is.

http://www.pcgamer.c...ments-revealed/

• OS – Windows 7 / Vista
  • CPU – Intel Core i5 or AMD Athlon Phenom X4 or faster
  • GPU – Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770, shader Model 3 and 896 MB VRAM, or faster
  • RAM – 2 GB
  • HDD – 15 GB free space
  • DVD – Dual Layer compatible
  • DirectX® – 10

Edited by BlksnshN

Just a hint, if you have your shadows on low, all the load for that goes to the CPU and not GPU. If you want it to run more stable and get a better gaming experience, learn to set up your properties properly. You should run shadows on at least "HIGH" to get them onto the GPU and work the 570. Do a little research on optimization before crying about a bad gaming experience.........

• Like 2

Seems kind of low for ARMA's taste. Of course thats probably with everything on the lowest possible setting.

This is the first link that pops up when I type "ARMA III system requirements." into google. I don't know how reliable it is.

http://www.pcgamer.c...ments-revealed/

• OS – Windows 7 / Vista
  • CPU – Intel Core i5 or AMD Athlon Phenom X4 or faster
  • GPU – Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770, shader Model 3 and 896 MB VRAM, or faster
  • RAM – 2 GB
  • HDD – 15 GB free space
  • DVD – Dual Layer compatible
  • DirectX® – 10

That has to be minimum specs, or the article is simply outdated.

That has to be minimum specs, or the article is simply outdated.

Probably minimum specs. Article was from May 19th.

I read a more recent article (June, 23) that has the direct quote of, "If you can run ARMA II you can run ARMA III"

Here:

http://www.pcgamer.c...-z-into-arma-3/

Edited by BlksnshN

'ArmA was designed for a pretty broad purpose, but it was designed as a military simulator," Hall said in an interview with Ars.The purpose of DayZ is very different, so that's why it needs to make the transition'

Seriously?! its not about money?! Naaaaaaaaah..

rocket already declines cheques from publishers,

You don't get it. He now has access to the SOURCE CODE of the engine. He can change how the entire game works if he wanted to (and presuming he's allowed to in his contract with BI) This is absolutely the best news possible...here are the other options if Rocket didn't go with the RV4 engine:

1. He builds his own engine. This would be fantastic... if you want to wait 1 year+ for first release. Also, it's likely you'd get a half-finished game because he wouldn't have the budget to create a top-tier engine from scratch.

2. He signs with another studio and works on another engine. This could possibly work out well... except it likely wouldn't. Rocket and his other Devs know the RV4 engine intimately. Porting their ideas to another engine might work, but again, it'd come with delays. ALSO, if he were working for another company he likely wouldn't have the same respect/leash length as he'll have with BI. There's a personal relationship already built... that's how the best things get made quickly.

For all we know, Rocket could have a restraint of trade clause in his current contract with BI that doesn't allow him to work for anyone else in the industry for X years if he leaves BI... That's not uncommon.

No matter what, this will work out well. If it doesn't, it's not because of the VR4 engine, it's because it wasn't dev'd well.

Personally, I have no doubts it's going to rock!

I actually do know what I am saying...first off there's a large emphasis on pvp, why? Because the Arma II is a military simulator. Fair enough for a survival game but that's all there is to Dayz in my opinion. If the engine isn't made specifically for DayZ then how is it going to work any better than it is now? Since it's Arma IIIs engine it's made specifically for Arma III. He should only go stand alone if he created an engine specifically made for DayZ, I can't really see DayZ going any further with ARMAs engine. He should just keep the game as a mod. Either way to make the game a proper release he has a shit load of work to do. If he has access to the source code then yeah he can fix engine related bugs and mess around with it during whatever stage it's at but I would rather wait for a proper DayZ release with it's own engine or a more suitable one rather than one that its currently in my opinion, failing on.

no, just an observation and any enthusiast/regular PC gamer has a rig that can get AT LEAST 60 fps capped in the game. Theyre bashable because of the inflow of new players who only got this game FOR the mod because they cant get it. Why do u think this game is turning into another CoD type fps.

If its a shitbox than you create a lot of lag comp(because i know most of you dont know what it is, lag comp is lag compensation) making it so that no matter how good your net is youll lag the fuck out of everyone, thats just how the netcode of the game goes. If you truelly do love pc gaming, than good for you just remember the burdon you put on others. And i dont disagree with you that going stand alone is a good thing, im just praying to god it wont be another pay monthly RPG or a pay 2 win game is all.

you my friend are a douche bag

• Like 4