Sam Maunder

DayZ Update 1.5.3

Much of the sound will be replaced, however all updates currently are for stability and bugfixing of game-breaking bugs, people stuck at loading etc....

I suspect the sounds, except for the zombie which are being replaced with newly generated ones, will remain largely as they until Beta.

I for one love the sounds. There's nothing pretty about gutting an animal. Why should the sound be 'nerfed'? You're playing a survival zombie game, focused on realism. These sounds are gritty and realistic. I love them, and hope they don't change.

The zombie sounds however could stand an overhaul, and I'm glad to see that is the plan of the staff.

I for one love the sounds. There's nothing pretty about gutting an animal. Why should the sound be 'nerfed'? You're playing a survival zombie game' date=' focused on realism. These sounds are gritty and realistic. I love them, and hope they don't change.

The zombie sounds however could stand an overhaul, and I'm glad to see that is the plan of the staff.

[/quote']

My post somewhat delves into the realm of derailing and flaming so this will be my last post in this thread. However, I said nothing about the gutting sounds. I appreciate the focus on realism. However, the few 5.1 audiofiles that are designated for 'eating' I have a gripe with. As posted earlier, I find them disgusting and often have to mute my headphones in order to avoid reveling in the noise of someone sticking a mic up the ass of a dog who is laying on a pile of tin cans and in the process of cleaning itself. This is not a realistic sound of a human eating, even if they're devouring a can of frankin beans in the span of five seconds. I am not entirely sure even if I could replicate these noises were I a talented mimicking artist, one that could control their voice to sound like almost anything, and one that was intent on mimicking these eating sounds.

If these sounds were actually clean-recorded emanating from a human being and not spliced together, then this person needs to be labeled a 'weapon of bio-terror' and locked away in an underground vault. If this person is Rocket then, sorry man. Humanity is in danger here.

.. wall of lame

..... :rolleyes:

this is a free mod in alpha stage. If you are so hung up on the sounds feel free to provide your excellently sampled eating noises to the dev team.

It would be more constructive to provide examples of some better sound options rather then ranting/flaming on about it, not only does it make you look bad but its VERY unlikely Rocket will pay attention to your comments from here on in Midaychi.

Anyway, personally I would love to see enhanced weapon sounds and more variety in zombie noises but am happy to wait until beta or so for such things.

Guess I better look for another job then :)

Probably!

Seriously though' date=' I have no major complaints about Dayz except this one, only predictable minor ones. Yeah I know its alpha. Yeah I was flaming for most of that post. I am, however, as 100% serious about the eating sounds as I was from day zero when I posted a suggestion in the suggestions forums, and was greeted by people that I'm still not sure were trolling or not when they basically said 'These are perfectly fine'.

These are not sounds that should be able to be made by a human being.

If these were considered perfectly fine noises made by eating then I'd consider your childhood full of child abuse.

I often have to take off my headphones or mute them in a game where having situational awareness via sound is key to survival, just to avoid having to have an effluence of probably the most disgusting thing I have ever heard or seen or experienced in a zombie game.

If there were just a little option that said 'disable eating sounds' I would have no major complaints with dayz. I would happily give up the ability to locate eating players via following the noise of pachyderms with flaming dysentery.

[/quote']

Fuck your annoying, stop complaining. The Dev Team are doing a really good job at the moment.

Midayachi, to tell the truth if you're playing the game properly / well you shouldn't be hearing those noises in the first place! :P

The only thing I want to point out is that the tent persistence thing isn't working for me. I put plenty of my stuff into my tent, went of a few scav runs in the local area, had to log off once I got back and placed that lot into my tent and then when I logged back in the entire thing was empty. And before you say, while it is possible that a band of survivors looted it, there was so much in there I doubt they would have been able to take it all.

Great work so far!

It doesn't seem to have fixed the morphing problem with losing backpack items, I just morphed from bandit - PMC again and lost an ALICE pack full of supplies so perhaps it needs another look

Tent and vehicle inventories are not working correctly David, should be fixed in 1.5.4. I lost a vehicle's entire inventory along with the wheels since the repair state is also not saving correctly in 1.5.3.

The loosing stuff on morphing is NOT fucking fixed. Just lost my second M107 to that FUCKING BULLSHIT.