Sam Maunder

DayZ Update 1.5.3

Yes vehicles are persistent.

Monkey zombies are what I nicknamed them. Crawler, hopper, rabbit. Many people have called them different things. They walk weird, they're a bit slower but harder to see

Their legs are hurt so they hop around crouched.

Edit:, they are easily identifiable by moving around in a hop-scotch fashion.

Edit: Edit: Thanks Rocket!

We were having problems at NY3 with zombie and item spawning, at one point there was less than 100 zeds on the who map. Also, items didnt spawn or had extremely slow spawnrate. This did not occur on 1.5.2.

E: We also had problems with picking some items such as car parts and ammunition.

I can no longer spawn correctly, when i spawn now i have nothing in my invo at all and there are 4 random looking players by shoreline that do not interact and there are no tree's/houses/anything but landscape and water. Iso why this is..

Monkey zombies are what I nicknamed them. Crawler' date=' hopper, rabbit. Many people have called them different things. They walk weird, they're a bit slower but harder to see [/quote']

I dont know what you did to offload things from server but now there is a big desync going on. People were in deep 100k desync and everything was warping around it was unplayable. Happened on FR1 tonight. Also I kept loosing gear, unable to pickup backpacks or place anything in my inventory.

Has this update adjusted all of the servers to follow the same day-night cycle as each other, rather than different regions having different game time? Sorry if this has been asked already.

Someone said it was because they reset the server or something, but Dallas 1 was not sinc'd with the Central Time Zone that I assume it should have been sinc'd with. Also it became night time in my game about an hour before it was night for my friend who was playing with me in that same server at the same time.

I've joined 3 servers since this update, all broken. First one sat at receiving data for a long time then went in fast, second two moved past receiving fast and hung at waiting for servers response for a long time and then put me into the wilderness with no gear (essentially killing my character).

Now the first server that did go in worked but it still had the zombie spawn issue from last version, there were no zombies spawning in chernogorsk and only about 200 server wide for a full server (50 slot).

The second time I ended up in the wilderness unable to move I respawned and was again put in the wilderness but I was able to move. I could only see my character in first person freelook, 3rd showed nothing. The character model was the new bandit skin. I'm at 2500 humanity.

I can no longer spawn correctly' date=' when i spawn now i have nothing in my invo at all and there are 4 random looking players by shoreline that do not interact and there are no tree's/houses/anything but landscape and water. Iso why this is..

[/quote']

Pretty much this. I keep spawning with no body, outside of the map. :\

Forth server I joined (US2) since update took a bit to get in but was otherwise fine. Until the server itself went down :(

The eating sounds are also still more disgusting then the mayonnaise squishing noises in poorly made hentai flash games, and the zombie sounds are still ripped from left for dead. I'd fire your audio director if I were you.

The eating sounds are also still more disgusting then the mayonnaise squishing noises in poorly made hentai flash games' date=' and the zombie sounds are still ripped from left for dead. I'd fire your audio director if I were you.

[/quote']

Guess I better look for another job then :)

Jesus now people complain about the eating sound!!! WTF.......

what is next?!.....who gives a shit of the eating sounds!!!!

AWESOME job guys this mod is getting better an better!!!

keep it coming!

The eating sounds are also still more disgusting then the mayonnaise squishing noises in poorly made hentai flash games' date=' and the zombie sounds are still ripped from left for dead. I'd fire your audio director if I were you.

[/quote']

Why to complain? Send your own dinner sounds to dayz team and im sure they will use em if they are better and more juicy. And if you feel like zombie, maybe you can sent some zombie sounds too :D

:idea: Dev's, maybe competition for sounds?

//Soppa

So when I place a tent on the EU1 server it'll be there even after beeing a week logged off and server restarts happening? With all my stuff? I didnt quite understood that part on the comments.

* [FIXED] Morphing to new character causes empty backpack

that problem is not fixed. I got it twice today. first I lost my M4A1+ everything in my backpack.

New DayZ Update! Get it today!

* [FIXED] "Monkey" Zombies weren't spawning

As if being chased by carnivorous cadaverous wasn't enough! Now I have to deal with Rotting monkeys!?

* [NEW] EXTERNAL SCRIPT: Dynamic Weather Effects Script by Engima

And now its raining aswell ... Gah' date=' [i']'thanks'.

yes, could someone fully explain how the tent's persistence works? is it just attached to one server, or...

Yeah, attached to one server. Vehicles for sure, and depending on development, other things such as fortifications will also be persistent to the server they are spawned/constructed on.

Persistent fortifications are being trialed in 1.5.4

Guess I better look for another job then :)

Probably!

Seriously though, I have no major complaints about Dayz except this one, only predictable minor ones. Yeah I know its alpha. Yeah I was flaming for most of that post. I am, however, as 100% serious about the eating sounds as I was from day zero when I posted a suggestion in the suggestions forums, and was greeted by people that I'm still not sure were trolling or not when they basically said 'These are perfectly fine'.

These are not sounds that should be able to be made by a human being.

If these were considered perfectly fine noises made by eating then I'd consider your childhood full of child abuse.

I often have to take off my headphones or mute them in a game where having situational awareness via sound is key to survival, just to avoid having to have an effluence of probably the most disgusting thing I have ever heard or seen or experienced in a zombie game.

If there were just a little option that said 'disable eating sounds' I would have no major complaints with dayz. I would happily give up the ability to locate eating players via following the noise of pachyderms with flaming dysentery.