Brute1995

So, DayZ is being remade?

Alright I don't really mind spending my money on ArmA2, it's not like it was a car. But, are the devs working on DayZ on the same engine?

Personally, I think the ArmA2 engine is terrible. It's just everything about it, it even has FPS problems for most people.

I hate the aiming, the walking, everything about it. I want it to be more "free" when you walk and aim.. if you get what I mean? On ArmA it feels so.. stuck? If that makes any sense?

Well, not making things inhumanly fast and more in line with actual human reactions is part and parcel to the Arma series and I'm sure it will continue in Dayz.

If you want twitch gaming, keep moving.

• Like 6

From what I've heard, the stand alone may be developed on the ArmA III engine, which is better. No confirmation yet.

It will be the same engine, just the latest version.

82'nd thread on the subject of the day, done.

New engine. Do some research.

Shutup.

Stop making threads.

Standalone will use Arma 2 or Arma 3 engine, which is ostensibly the same engine.

Also, don't be such a douche.

• Like 3

From what I've heard, the stand alone may be developed on the ArmA III engine, which is better. No confirmation yet.

Agreed.

They will let rocket split the Arma III code off and shape it to his will. They probably already have.

• Like 1

Standalone will use Arma 2 or Arma 3 engine, which is ostensibly the same engine.

Also, don't be such a douche.

Real Virtuality 3 =/= Real Virtuality 4

Its not the same, there are a ton of upgrades/features not in RV3. If you were to answer OP and said "its the same" he would assume it will be exactly the same, as you know, that's what the definition of the word means.

I'll be a douchey as I like to people that don't use their brain.

Edited by Wrath

The engine wasn't really designed for a game/mod like this, it was made for Arma which is a military simulation game, and the way you move, walk etc. is excellent for that. Feels weird if you're not used to it.

• Like 1

Well, not making things inhumanly fast and more in line with actual human reactions is part and parcel to the Arma series and I'm sure it will continue in Dayz.

Yup, just like in real life where it takes a bit over a minute to throw an object, and getting beat to death will not interrupt the action. ;)

I really enjoy DayZ but I'm all for the improvements the next engine will bring, especially if they involve performing actions and mobility.

It will use the real virtuality engine, which is the engine that ArmA, ArmA 2, ArmA 3, Operation Flashpoint, Iron Front and a number of other games were based on, so yes, the DayZ engine will be similar to the ArmA 2 engine but it is not the same, if that is not what you want then too bad.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

I think it will use the Arma 3 Engine but it will be modified to fit DayZ's mechanics and features. I'm looking forward to the stand alone! =)

I read the dayz blog article, and looked around the forum for any information. I did read, but could not find the information I was trying to obtain..

To everyone acting like a douche, just ignore this topic if it really "annoys" you that much.

To everyone who helped, thank you.

I hope the ArmA 3 engine is better than this one :)

I'm not looking for superhuman mobility.. just something a bit better guys.

Wait so aiming your gun towards a zombie, only for it to have a delay (1 second) is life like? Oh wow, something is wrong with me then because in real life when I aim at something it's instantaneous.

Bohemia is going to be at GamesCon next week. You can bet your ass they (and probably Rocket as well) will have PLENTY to say about the new project then...I doubt there will be much new info before then.

Edited by SystemiK

I'm sorry that I didn't read all the comments. And I'm sorry that I didn't read the whole OP. But I could grasp what it is about.

So the engine: not sure if you're aware, but rocked started working with this engine cause he was familiar with it due to military stuff he did. Then came the idea of a zombie apocalypse. From that on, he created what would be later called a zombie survival simulator. And I'm not sure if you're aware, but Arma 2 engine is, nowadays, the best simulator regarding military combat.

Character doesn't movement freely as you would do in the real world? Well, Arma 2 was designed based on open area combat, not close quarter. Considering this, you may understand the difficulties this engine has to deal with when dealing with indoor environment

But if you think about it all, DayZ wouldn't be Dayz if it was how open world it is (thanks to Arma 2 engine).

Conclusion:

1. yah, it's bugged indoors

2. there's is NOTHING compared to DayZ (PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT A FANBOY POST). What i MEAN is that there is no game out there simulates this kind of apocalypse out there.

Just cause I'm a nice guy, I'll give you directions:

Don't like the engine?

Stop playing DayZ and wait for WarZ!

Don't like what you've heard of WarZ?

Wait a little longer for DayZ the STANDALONE EPIC ULTRA VIOLET VERSION 4D (hopefully it will be good)

Don't like waiting?

Masturbate!

I'll be a douchey as I like to people that don't use their brain.

If you're on the forums, answering people's questions, with incorrect answers, in a rude way...?

Your parents didn't raise you properly mate. Keep your perspective.

Edited by drewmaw

I think it's more about that clutch feel, your movement with the mouse is represented well in the game without delay. I found that some servers you do actually get really nice character movements and that connection with the screen that you expect from any game. But on most servers it is slightly laggy and not that 100%. Arma is simply a very bad optimised game and I really hope RV4 is a lot better (looks very promising at all the E3 videos I watched so far) because if you do not have that clutch and fluid movement you feel disconnected from the game and that can be very irritating (pretty much break the experience).

Edited by Grodenn

Actually, if you look at the forum post, the line saying it would use Rv4 was REMOVED. So, the OP actually is rather justified.

Wait so aiming your gun towards a zombie, only for it to have a delay (1 second) is life like? Oh wow, something is wrong with me then because in real life when I aim at something it's instantaneous.

What delay are you talking about? Maybe turn off Mouse Smoothing in the options

They will let rocket split the Arma III code off and shape it to his will. They probably already have.

Great news!

To the OP - DayZ the mod for ArmaII is being made. DayZ THE GAME is also being made, with the Arma III engine! It's the ultimate win-win scenario for fans of this mod.

But I think I get some of what the OP is saying. Some of the movement in this game is .... clunky?

The throwing animation springs to mind. I get why we can't shoot and run, but surely you should be able to throw and run? Or at least do the 'wind-up'.

Just look at cricket....