NovaDose

What would you like to see in the stand alone?

Ability to take clothing. (Dress like a clan member or get shot because you looked like a Zed)

What about zombie disguise? You could move in cities without being noticed if you walk slowly and dont get to close to zombies. But when other player gets in the city and aggro zombies, he would see that you are not zombie if you wouldnt act like them. You know what am I talking about if you have seen 1st season of The Walking Dead series.
  • Like 2

Body armor has already been suggested but I would like to add a point. There should not be any Juggernaut suits or CoD style armor. The protection should be localized to the covered parts of the body.

A simple flak jacket or a police grade bullet proof vest shouldn't protect a player from high caliber weapon or a shotgun slug. Low tier armor should protect a player from small caliber bullets and shotgun pellets and wouldn't be ultra rare. Maybe as rare as an Kalashnikov rifle. If about half of the players who had gotten of the coast had a simple vest on it would discourage a fresh spawn with a Makarov from attacking someone without thinking about it first.

Anything above a simple vest or a flak jacket should be practically non-existent. High Grade bullet proof vest would help against rifle caliber weapons with reduced damage. The person being shot could still be knocked out but they would NOT be bleeding. They should be more rare than NVGs I think.

• Like 1

Inventory is based on weight, not slots. Why can I carry 2+ engines in my backpack, but can only carry 12 epi-pens for the same amount of slots.

• Like 1

Stealthy takedowns: Who wouldn't want to sneak up behind a zombie with your handy hunting knife and stab him in the back of the head with a fancy, stealthy animation? How about doing the same to another player, imagine the raging. A feature like this would really promote the stealth element of DayZ.

• Like 2

penalty system for killing innocents;

reward system for killing bandits (higher his kill count, the bigger the reward).

different types of servers:

regular = no perma death (respawn) ; crosshairs, etc. - weaker item spawns

hardcore = perma death, no crosshairs, etc - stronger item spawns

character saved on server, keeps HC people from mowing down the newbies in regular, and prevents server hopping/farming/ghosting. you know he's stuck in the tower, plant a claymore in it for later.

make sniping incredibly complicated, as it should be: bullet drop, wind, etc. scope glint maybe, like battlefield3.

dont get me wrong, i love sniping. but i despise the average noob being able to.

accessories:

suppressors by calibre and grade. example: high grade sniper suppressor.... doesnt overheat too fast, vs cheapy suppressor.

types of optics (nightvision, thermal, etc), with respective rock/pape/scissors handicaps to keep it balanced (range and quality limitations) ;

booby traps, claymores, landmines, IED's;

more populated cities... why would supermarket and store inventories be completely empty?

getting past the 100's of Z's is the challenge in the first place. very few people would manage, to stores should be pretty much stocked, in shambles though.

like raiding a police office, hospital, armories, etc. the prize should be there.

different types/classes of zombies. like JR Bourne's books.... the average zombie is shambling and can even jog a bit... pick up momentum en masse, but irradiated/nuked zombies have slight intelligence... a leader of sorts. can actually engage you, run and flank.

both... ONLY HEADSHOTS KILL! keep to the proper mythos of zombies. hit legs will make it crawl; chest will knock it over; head will kill.

bite = infection, lose blood even faster.

abundance of vehicles. why would 99% of vehicles be broken?! out of fuel, yes. dead battery, yes. why broken/scarce?

just find the nearest car park (full of zombies), have your team secure the entrances, and your mechanic repair/refuel one of the dozens of vehicles there.

anybody must be able to find a cessna or helo, they should be easy to FIND .... at airports or military camps, duhh. GETTING them must be difficult and require teamwork.

equip/carry TWO primary weapons. one for each shoulder. for example: MP5SD and proper rifle. none of that backpack switching BS.

making the game too technical regarding medical/toolbox stuff..... will make it exactly that. too technical and complicated, all these features will have to be coded additionally.... more dev time, more money. K.I.S.S.

rather specialize.... medic OR technical, with individual tech trees / modules. carrying around a hatchet + toolbox + spade + + + + is silly, imho.

have people specialize instead.

• Like 1

reward system for killing bandits (higher his kill count, the bigger the reward).

different types of servers:

regular = no perma death (respawn) ; crosshairs, etc. - weaker item spawns

hardcore = perma death, no crosshairs, etc - stronger item spawns

character saved on server, keeps HC people from mowing down the newbies in regular, and prevents server hopping/farming/ghosting. you know he's stuck in the tower, plant a claymore in it for later.

make sniping incredibly complicated, as it should be: bullet drop, wind, etc. scope glint maybe, like battlefield3.

dont get me wrong, i love sniping. but i despise the average noob being able to.

accessories:

suppressors by calibre and grade. example: high grade sniper suppressor.... doesnt overheat too fast, vs cheapy suppressor.

types of optics (nightvision, thermal, etc), with respective rock/pape/scissors handicaps to keep it balanced (range and quality limitations) ;

more populated cities... why would supermarket and store inventories be completely empty?

getting past the 100's of Z's is the challenge in the first place. very few people would manage, to stores should be pretty much stocked, in shambles though.

like raiding a police office, hospital, armories, etc. the prize should be there.

different types/classes of zombies. like JR Bourne's books.... the average zombie is shambling and can even jog a bit... pick up momentum en masse, but irradiated/nuked zombies have slight intelligence... a leader of sorts. can actually engage you, run and flank.

both... ONLY HEADSHOTS KILL! keep to the proper mythos of zombies. hit legs will make it crawl; chest will knock it over; head will kill.

abundance of vehicles. why would 99% of vehicles be broken?! out of fuel, yes. dead battery, yes. why broken/scarce?

just find the nearest car park (full of zombies), have your team secure the entrances, and your mechanic repair/refuel one of the dozens of vehicles there.

anybody must be able to find a cessna or helo, they should be easy to FIND .... at airports or military camps, duhh. GETTING them must be difficult and require teamwork.

equip/carry TWO primary weapons. one for each shoulder. for example: MP5SD and proper rifle. none of that backpack switching BS.

making the game too technical regarding medical/toolbox stuff..... will make it exactly that. too technical and complicated, all these features will have to be coded additionally.... more dev time, more money. K.I.S.S.

rather specialize.... medic OR technical, with individual tech trees / modules. carrying around a hatchet + toolbox + spade + + + + is silly, imho.

I personally dont like some of these ideas really, but that is your opinion. DayZ will always have perma death because that is Rocket's favorite. Silencers are a good addition and they should be complicated due to caliber. They are not zombies so there there wont be "boss" zombies.

ArmA 2 already has ballistics so there is bullet drop. I dont like scope glint in BF3.

Finally, coding in more tools would be just as hard as coding in classes/specializations. Tools would be easier in the engine most likely. Haha

• Like 1

Fishing: We should be able to fish in small bodies of water, and even on the ocean on a dock or boat.

Vehicle Diagrams: Vehicles as they are should be kept rare, but as long as duping is addressed there should be a very very rare diagram spawn for vehicles in a few key spots. This would require players to go out and get the necessary pieces and pile them together. Make a few "workshop" buildings in major cities and require a group of at least 3 to put the parts together, and say for every extra person it goes a little bit faster. This encourages group play and more casual civilian vehicles to be put in play.

More wearable gear: Extra large military vest like we have that would make the player slightly larger but add another few slots. A flak helmet to make non-front-face headshots leave the player with like +-2k health [this would also mean that the altf4 issue would need to be resolved]. A bullet proof vest is pretty self explanatory. Maybe even some military boots that "reduce fatigue" and make it so you don't need to eat or drink as much, maybe 8-12% longer survivability time. Make 3 different colored arm-ties. Red, Blue, and Yellow arm ties can be found in grocery stores, schools, and bars and can be worn on the player for squad identification, but make it so you have to find one or have one to use it and make it very difficult to see over long distances, mainly for closer quarters identification. If I find all three and see a squad moving in, I can potentionally match the color they are wearing and infiltrate to gain supplies or intel or whatever.

More gun customization: Make the non-basic models of the M4 and whatnot even rarer than they are but add in gun customization slots to enable players to hold weapons they feel more tied to. Things like flashlight, foregrip, extended magazine, laser, red dot, acog, and silencer are all acceptable, however the silencer should be very very rare, with others being rare enough to reflect the advantage they possibly hold.

Make us perform regular upkeep on our weapons: I liked the idea of a fillable toolbox. When you find it it merely comes with maybe a screw driver which can be used to mount weapon add-ons, but make it so we can find a lenscleaner to regularly clean our sights and scopes or after 2-3 days they get dimmer or slightly less clear. Make us hunt for maybe an oil can to use on cars, and some kind of gun oil as well or there becomes a stastical chance of the gun jamming. If upkeep isn't maintained the gun can lose accuracy, rate of fire, and after an extended period of time even decay to an unusable state. Certain weapons have certain coefficients for how often they need to be maintained based on the make and durability of said weapons.

I like the idea of a buildable medkit too: Make us need to fill it with certain supplies, and the end payoff? A one time use of 7k blood gain. The med kit should have items that are expendable like pills, antibiotics, morphine, and blood bags but then have permanent things as well like a set of stitches needles that allow you to not only bandage yourself but negate the effect of the bloodloss during bleeding [not heal you past that point]. Once you have all the items you have a one time use to heal 7k blood but it takes all of the expendable items in the kit and depletes it.

Edited by Daldrath
  • Like 1

I belive this is not going to happen. Ever. I personaly dont want t.

Sniping in BF3 is exactly the same os in Arma 2 with one small diference. In BF3, you dont have zeroing. But I think, including wind would be great.

accessories:

NO! No! No freakin mines and claymores! This is NOT Battlefield! And btw, do you think that any sane person would put mines just for fun? Why? NO! Please!

Problem in your logic is, that they are not dead. Thay are infected. Theoreticly, they could be cured.They are not rotting or mutating or anything like it. That is also the reason why they arent slow as normal zombie.

• Like 1

I hope you can have more than 1 character per account. When I play with friends I end up really geared and way up north, and when there not around I'd like to be able to play without messing up that character.

• Like 4

I hope you can have more than 1 character per account. When I play with friends I end up really geared and way up north, and when there not around I'd like to be able to play without messing up that character.

Exactly, I already asked this question in the forum. I got mostly negative answer.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/58194-more-characters/#entry555672

I feel I have to write this again. I already edited my previous post, but it makes me feel better when I post it again so everybody will see it.

Engine of Arma II which DayZ should use in the future support underground structures. I belive that train tunnes and mines are awesome idea and lore friendly (for example metro wouldnt make much sence). But those places are dark without lighting. And you have no lighting without electric power. So, you could investiga those building by using flares, chemlights and flashlights or you could repair the generator and get fuel for it and turn on the lighting. It sounds so awesome in my head :D

• Like 1

To some extent, randomly generated maps unique to each server. This would prevent server hopping to get the best loot, but would bring up the problem of a central Hive being able to handle such a thing (ie: would require a unique database for each server and no persistence between each one). It would also make for a true sense of exploration and suspense from not knowing where everything is. I would love to see people having to make their own maps due to this. There would definitely have to be some pre-defined attributes to each map so there isn't that one-in-a-million chance of a server with just forests. I would suggest something like, there will always be a coast, a town or city can only be so big, etc.

I'd also like to see ammunition, food, and medical supplies be exceedingly rare commodities.

• Like 1

Setting:

• Larger map (arma 3 should be capable of at least doubling the size of Chenarus I believe)
  • Take place in a Midwest America or South East coast american area that includes a coast line, rivers, mountain areas, prairie/rolling hills with farms and small towns, with two or more larger city areas.
  • All buildings enterable
  • Large cities could have high rise buildings, stadiums, etc...all capable of being fortified an held by groups of players.
  • Quaratine areas (schools that are set up as triage locations, CDC headquarters, etc...)
  • Wildlife (dangerous, pets, mounts like horses, all pets/mounts must be fed and quartered to keep alive)
  • Electricity
  • Working railroad system (provided a group of players can fix it / provide power / maintain it / protect it from damage and sabotage)
  • Interactive flora (ability to plant food, water it, grow it, etc...
  • Night Play that is playable (not so dark)
  • Incentive based night play: High value loot only available at night in some areas, other incentives?

The Zombies:

• Zombies can be dismembered (shoot a leg to the point that its gone and the zombie slows to a hop, shoot the chest would take a long time to kill, shoot the brains...dead, take out the arms and he/she can only do minor damage to you by a bite)
  • Child zombies
  • Zombies unique to their locations (by the cities? Metro zombies, cops, CDC workers, etc..)(by the rural areas? farmer zombies with straw hats)
  • Zombie kill system revamped to make use of dismember ment and using the "only way to ensure zombie death is by head shot" method.
  • Full motion captured animations with zombies that can only run at normal human sprint speed or less. No super speed. (this will be balanced by implimenting a stamina system for the human players below)

The Characters (US!):

• Character appearance customization system when creating character with extensive options so that look can be tailored to your specifications.
  • Large amount of starting apperal that is randomized when first spawning in. From there you can customize clothing by what you find in the world (go to JCPennys in the city)
  • Stamina system: Warm? Well fed? Well hydrated? Then you can hand to hand/melee/shoot/run farther much better then the skinny who hasent eaten/slept/etc...You can't run forever!

Combat:

• Hand to hand implementation / melee improvement
  • Weapons fully customizable with attachments and spray paint found in the game
  • Firearms follow Arma standards
  • improved archery and implementation of thowing weapons
  • revamp injury system: shots to the leg should slow you and bleed you out slowly, arms should make your weapon unsteady, head insta death (unless kevlar helmet hit with small round), chest region should have percentage to hit heart in which case insta death unless wearing body armor, stomach shot should be slow death.
  • Medic system implementation: Players could become medics by equipping themselves accordingly and should be able to heal others to some extent. Medivacs to field hosptials

Grouping!:

• Add a grouping function: I meet a player in the game world and can group with them through some menu/function. Groups can then grow to include hundreds of players.
  • Web application that allows groups to have customized emblems designed by group founder or leader. Emblem automatically is affixed to members arms/outfit/tattoo.
  • Groups can then build bases/take over large buildings like high rises or stadiums, and protect them as bases.
  • Incentives to be in groups to include areas of the map that are VERY HARD for lone wolves.
  • Farming and Hunting / Gathering should be easier and more productive in a large group. The crops/ the meat / the end results should provide more stamina or something to that affect.

Lonewolfing/small grouping

• A recognized approach and should have no "downside" but the only incentive is to be able to steal a persons crap by killing them...might not be a good idea if they are roaming with one or more homies.
  • Many areas of the map would be very hard for a lonewolf/small group causing them to have great problems when getting the high valued loot.
  • Survival on your own should be HARD. Small groups and lone wolfers should have great difficulty in Hunting, Gathering, getting water, and finding shelter compared to a well orgainzied group.
  • This would cause them to have lower Stamina due to poor nutrition (unless they can kill someone and get all their yummies in the backpack).

Communications!:

• Use real life style communication system: Direct chat only! unless equipped with radio. Dont worry SIDE CHAT lovers read on, i got you covered...but you gotta work for it.
  • Radios are ranged based on model/station/etc.
  • radios run on power that can be drained!
  • Police radio systems that can be looted. A bit more closed system (encrypted channel based) but can be accessed by anyone with that model of radio)
  • Civilian radio systems (non encrypted and easily accessed, easily found in loot system compared to police)
  • Military grade encrpyted radios (can access police/civilian/ AND provide access to a GROUP specific channel that can only be accessed by other members of your group (above) that also have Military grade radios which are very RARE but can be accumilated by group play)
  • Broadcast radio / CB radios: radio systems that are stationary at radio towers / inside semi trucks / etc and also very rare portable CB radios but can be heard by regular radio recievers in cars, in houses, portable radios, etc....the TRANSMITTERS are extremely rare or stationary but the RECIEVERS are easily looted.
  • TV stations located on map that can be fought for allowing groups/players to show and tell and provide PROPAGANDA, join us or die!!

Edited by TacticalJim
  • Like 4

The Zombies:

• Zombies can be dismembered (shoot a leg to the point that its gone and the zombie slows to a hop, shoot the chest would take a long time to kill, shoot the brains...dead, take out the arms and he/she can only do minor damage to you by a bite)
  • Child zombies
  • Zombies unique to their locations (by the cities? Metro zombies, cops, CDC workers, etc..)(by the rural areas? farmer zombies with straw hats)
  • Zombie kill system revamped to make use of dismember ment and using the "only way to ensure zombie death is by head shot" method.
  • Full motion captured animations with zombies that can only run at normal human sprint speed or less. No super speed. (this will be balanced by implimenting a stamina system for the human players below)

Still wrong. They are not ordinary zombies. Dead walking people. They are ill. Infected. Just like Rocket said. And if they are not dead "ordinary" zombies, than there is no reason why shoot then in the head (it should be more effective like now, but not the only option).

Otherwise, I mostly agree. Some stuff is a bit over the top useless. For example planting food - this is NOT Minecraft :). And btw, do you know how long does it take to grow a plant?

And why should it take place in America? Everything is in America... If you really need more ordinary country, than for example Scotland would be very interesting. Or maybe France. I still think that some kind of fictional-ex-Russian country would be best.

• Like 1

being able to physically disarm and restrain other survivors. unless we get nonlethal options to render other survivors safe, there's little alternative but to kos if you're trying to stay alive. plus it'd be awesome to see the kind of situations this would lead to... disarm someone then hold them at gunpoint and rob them, or take a member of a group hostage by restraining them and moving out of the area.

bulletin boards, letters, etc. anything that lets you leave messages for others.

more complex hunting and wildlife.

occasional footprints, tire tracks, broken vegetation so you can potentially track others. would also clue you in to high traffic areas which adds another consideration to group travel...

many large maps of varied environments (deserts, tundra, jungle, coastal, mountainous), perhaps contiguous so you could travel in a manner similar to eve online across the world.

edit

oh yeah, i forgot about cosmetic stuff like the beard thing. sunburns if you play in the daytime a lot, pale skin if you play more at night.

this is also probably way outside the abilities of arma 2 but facial expressions based on situations and play style, like bandits smiling when in firefights, nervous ticks when not, worried expressions on survivors or new characters faces when in firefights. smile lines on friendlies. other things like that to communicate personalities instead of magic scarves.

Edited by p1n34l
  • Like 1

The ability to combine tin cans and string to make alarms around your little camp.

• Like 1

I'm back! I'll be riding this fuckin train wreck for as long as I can so stay tuned. I'm going to paraphrase some of your posts so that I can fit it all into one response.

Big changes in zombies behavior.

Less scoped weapons!

More ways of camouflaging our vehicles. Hidding a truck elswhere the borders of the map is plain madness. Possibly some kind of camuflage net you could put on the car.

Repairable train! Can you imagine how awesome would that be? Ability to move around the map in train? That would be epic!

Improved heli crash sites. You could actually see heli flying and falling.

I'm pretty sure that zombie behavior, pathing, and AI in general will get an overhaul for a stand alone. Multiple people have suggested, both for the mod and the stand alone, so we can generally assume its a sealed deal.

As far as less scoped weapons: Meh. I think the balance is just about right between iron sights, reflex, scope, etc. More votes and I'll add it.

Camouflaging vehicles...now we're talking...updating OP.

Repairable Trains: I believe this is the second post I've seen concerning this. I'll add it if I see it one more time even though I'm not quite sure how I feel about this.

On helicopter crashes: Now this (and your subsequent plane suggestion) I really like. An event that happens before a crash site is made would be great. Those who are lucky enough to see it unfold not only have additional intelligence to aid in the hunt, but have to worry even more about other survivors, and have a pretty sweet story too. Updating OP, great idea my friend.

Steel bolts should be stackable, because right now its too damn annoying to carry a crossbow since its weak and the ammo wastes alot of inventory space, if steel bolts would be stackable I would only use the crossbow (because it looks so damn awesome)

This is a good idea, had it not been for the multitude of suggestion posts I've all ready seen I would add it (even though some of these suggestions are surely over done). I do think this is a great idea; but in light of that it seems so painfully obvious that I find it hard to believe that it's not all ready in the game. You and I both would be crossbow wielding bad asses my friend, you and me both.

Streams and rivers.

Streams and rivers: Updating OP, even though I'm sure this will make it's way anyway.

Tripwire (Flares, Hi-ex), Traps, Punji, Swinging logs, Neck wires. animal snares (Ducktape a satchel to a cow - remote detonation)

Updating OP

Body armor has already been suggested but I would like to add a point. There should not be any Juggernaut suits or CoD style armor. The protection should be localized to the covered parts of the body.

A simple flak jacket or a police grade bullet proof vest shouldn't protect a player from high caliber weapon or a shotgun slug. Low tier armor should protect a player from small caliber bullets and shotgun pellets and wouldn't be ultra rare. Maybe as rare as an Kalashnikov rifle. If about half of the players who had gotten of the coast had a simple vest on it would discourage a fresh spawn with a Makarov from attacking someone without thinking about it first.

Anything above a simple vest or a flak jacket should be practically non-existent. High Grade bullet proof vest would help against rifle caliber weapons with reduced damage. The person being shot could still be knocked out but they would NOT be bleeding. They should be more rare than NVGs I think.

Great suggestions, updating OP

Inventory is based on weight, not slots. Why can I carry 2+ engines in my backpack, but can only carry 12 epi-pens for the same amount of slots.

Another great idea. I'm changing the OP portion concerning inventory to reflect this.

• Like 2

Stealthy takedowns: Who wouldn't want to sneak up behind a zombie with your handy hunting knife and stab him in the back of the head with a fancy, stealthy animation? How about doing the same to another player, imagine the raging. A feature like this would really promote the stealth element of DayZ.

Updating OP

I suggested this at one point. Trust me bro, it will never work. People farming player kills to let their buddy kill them and reap the rewards, etc. etc., it will never work. It's very difficult and dicey to suggest a change to the PVP mechanic. Not many will work even half the time, none will work every time.

There is bullet drop. If a noob makes a 800m head shot on a target running serpentine then that's no noob. The rest of your post I like, and I thank you for submitting, but I feel that it has been argued at length else where (and likely, much of the OP has been as well.) So I won't be addressing it.

But you would like to see more technical sniping? I'm not sure if you're suggesting that a mechanic isn't, in it's own respects, as technical as taking a long range shot; or that you are suggesting sniping is a super technical skill only capable of completion by an elite few (like a heart surgeon). My point in adding this to the op is to make thing more difficult. Not everyone can fix a car, just like not everyone should be able to take that long range shot. Sometimes keeping things simple is the exact opposite of what you want. I think in a game that's supposed to be unforgivingly hard and entirely noob unfriendly a more technical and difficult is not only warranted but necessary. The harder the better, just like my girlfriend says.

Finally, coding in more tools would be just as hard as coding in classes/specializations. Tools would be easier in the engine most likely. Haha

Agreed.

Vehicle Diagrams

More upvotes and I will add it.

Make us perform regular upkeep on our weapons.

Great idea, updating OP

NO! No! No freakin mines and claymores! This is NOT Battlefield! And btw, do you think that any sane person would put mines just for fun? Why? NO! Please!

I don't know man...mines and claymores seem like a realistic addition. I won't update the OP with them, but I'm convinced that something along these lines will be in the final product. If not, then realism is at a loss.

You should try playing on closed servers. At first you will be like "what the fuck this sucks starting over.". But once you get a few unique characters built up on a few servers it gets to be a lot more fun.

constructable jetpacks. my god... 50 scrap. 100 tin cans. 15 main rotor assembleys (just some crazy way to make it)

Exactly, I already asked this question in the forum. I got mostly negative answer.

I believe that train tunnels and mines are awesome idea and lore friendly (for example metro wouldnt make much sence). But those places are dark without lighting. And you have no lighting without electric power.

Hearing this idea put this way it absolutely must be in the OP. Updating now, elegantly put my friend, keep it coming.

To some extent, randomly generated maps unique to each server.

Now this is something I would like to see. The thing is, when I start out fresh, I have a browser window open with the map loaded. Random maps would be the best solution, but not the most plausible in my opinion. Changing start up gear just might be the answer. Lets say you start with one bandage, one pain killer, a flash light, a hunting knife (for self defense), and a map. This, I believe, would solve the issue. I'm going to update the OP with this suggestion, a few more upvotes and I will edit the OP to include unique maps. Great suggestion BTW, I hope it gets everyone's gears turning.

Edit: yeah...never mind. It would have no effect on server hoping. However, it would mean that people didnt have to alt tab over to a map. Like I said before I guess, server hoppers gonna hop

Edited by NovaDose

- A party/clan system that doesn't make me run 20km across a map just to play with a clan mate.

- Unique characters to chose from beyond "Female" or "Male", maybe even so unique that they have various bonus' in game

- Option to play as multiple characters

- Zombie packs/hordes. Right now they just spawn on specific points. I want to see some sweep areas (like in The Walking Dead).

- All building to be enterable

- My options for skins that aren't going to put you at an inherent disadvantage if you don't have a ghillie suit

- Balance loot so that there is better loot at night time... higher risk/higher reward.

- A better way to deal with gear inflation beyond player camp raiding.

Edited by sostronk
  • Like 1

A party/clan system that doesn't make me run 20km across a map just to play with a clan mate.

I think we can assume that something like this will be in-game. Not so much with the "not having to run across the map part", but def a dynamic were you and your friends can easily join the same game. Not having to run and seek out friends finger fucks the virgin that is this game.

Think about having your friends spawn near you...what kind of cheating can evolve from that. Your friend gets dropped with you standing around the corner, he spawns near you, you drop a gun, he zergs the bandit. I mean, we have to throw out our preconceived ideas of a game here. There won't be respawns, There wont be drop points. There wont be achievements.

This game is not your friend. It should not ever be meant for a twelve year old to pick up and get comfortable with. The players want you dead. The infected want to eat your fucking face. The environment wants you to get influenza and die. Nothing in this world is there to help you, nothing will hold your hand and everything wants to fucking feed on your corpse; from the worms in the ground to that mother fucker whose got you in his sights. It's not a game, it's an anti-game. It's a social experiment that will not only unforgivably challenge you but laugh in your face and call you a faggot when you fail.

Rewards for surviving certain amounts of time. ATM there's no difference between someone who's survived for a month and someone who found a dead guy and picked up all his gear. People aren't attached to their character, they're attached to the gear.

• Like 1