Sign in to follow this  
Carneshiver

Dear people thinking DayZ should be free for you...

This is for the players that think that since they bought Arma 2 for DayZ that they should get DayZ standalone for free.

That is extremely stupid, DayZ is a free mod. I am more then happy to give my money to get standalone after how the work rocket did making this mod and not getting anything from it... Think about people who bought Arma 2 for arma 2 before dayz came out and then got dayz as a bonus... Do they think they should get DayZ free? no, they bought Arma 2 and enjoyed it then enjoyed it more with DayZ. It is really stupid to buy Arma 2 and not even play it... I got Half Life 2 just for Garrys mod and I ended up trying Half life and it was great and in no way thought I should have gotten Gmod for free...

Point is, You should be more then happy to give money to someone who gave you Dayz for free and wants to get profit from it...

• Like 5

Is this a thing? I haven't noticed people saying this.

let me quote rocket "]Development and updates of the mod will continue in parallel with the development of the game, so anyone who is playing the mod now will be able to continue to do so. "

Edited by LawsOfFire

Is this a thing? I haven't noticed people saying this.

On the DayZ facebook fan page everyone was complaining about standalon costing money and whining about it and how they should get it for free...

On the contrary - I've seen lots of people offering to pay for it's development.

Shame you didn't research more thoroughly.

• Like 2

If you bought Arma 2 for DayZ they said you will get half price of the standalone client. Just like Minecraft

well TBF I've just forked for Combined ops. £25. + PMC £8, and BAF £8. JUST to play DayZ with nice textures.

thinks we should at least get DayZ at a reduced price when it goes standalone

On the contrary - I've seen lots of people offering to pay for it's development.

Shame you didn't research more thoroughly.

Really dude? Same can go both ways, if you did more research, you'd know people are complaining. Go to almost any other gaming website and the comments are full of people crying that they just bought ARMA II and don't think they should have to pay for the standalone.

• Like 1

well TBF I've just forked for Combined ops. £25. + PMC £8, and BAF £8. JUST to play DayZ with nice textures.

thinks we should at least get DayZ at a reduced price when it goes standalone

“Development and updates of the mod will continue in parallel with the development of the game, so anyone who is playing the mod now will be able to continue to do so. The project will follow the Minecraft development model; fast iterations with the community alpha available for a heavily discounted price,” he explains.

http://www.pcgamer.c...-the-beginning/

Edited by Kaiokhen

On the DayZ facebook fan page everyone was complaining about standalon costing money and whining about it and how they should get it for free...

TIL Facebook is worse than DayZ forums.

if the standalone continues to provide a play style i enjoy (non-forced PVP enviroment sandbox) then i have no problems paying for it..

but if it moves to a full PVP style ala every other FPS game, then i'll move on..

what i like about the current game(mod) is that i can pick n choose my amount of PVP invovlement to some degree (playing on low pop servers with as many flags turned off to make it harder to find players as possible)

if all that remians, then hell ya i'll support Rocket and BI with $$$ for sure..

Really dude? Same can go both ways, if you did more research, you'd know people are complaining. Go to almost any other gaming website and the comments are full of people crying that they just bought ARMA II and don't think they should have to pay for the standalone.

Doesn't mean I agree with them. Dude.

If you bought Arma 2 for DayZ they said you will get half price of the standalone client. Just like Minecraft

Oh! I didn't know this :)

I was going to pay full price for the standalone anyway, Support the vision and what not.

but this is even better! I am very pleased ^.^

I can't wait to give Rocket and the crew my money. I hope there's a collectors edition with like a poster of beans so I can donate more. I might just go get some freshly minted bills and mail them in a case made of narwhal ivory. DayZ has earned my financial backing, and I'm confident that they will put my money to good use.

• Like 2

Funny man. I didn't pay money for DayZ. I paid for ARMA 2 and Operation Arrowhead. DayZ was a bonus mod.

This is kinda like, "Oh hi, I paid for Battlefield 1942 so I could play Desert Combat, why the fuck should I have to pay full price for Battlefield 2?" - which was essentially a stand alone Desert Combat.

Again, folks didn't pay for DayZ. I don't give a rats ass if you paid money because you wanted to play DayZ, you paid for ARMA2...

You don't want to pay for a stand alone version, here's an idea. When ARMA 3 comes out, which you'll piss and moan about paying for that as well, make your own FREE DayZ mod for that, then you don't have to pay for it.

Unbelievable what some people whine over. OMG!!! $30.00....WTFUXOR!!! I can't afford this shit, I got 5 kids to feed!

• Like 1

First of all, Carne, what a fkn fanboy faggot thing to say when no one on the forums had even really given a shit to say that.

On that topic though... Unless this "stand alone" has major bug fixes (like the gear crap, losing shit in the water, the 2 second lag time before a zombie drops dead after you shoot him in the head)

and some fixes to the connection/verification so it doesn't take 9 minutes to connect to a server that is 30 miles away from you (and yea i have an i7 setup with 8gigs ram.. eat my dick if you're about to say "upgrade your pc") this game isn't going to be worth more than 5 dollars. Arma2 is the reason DayZ gets left behind.. some shabby ass net-code, and a horrible anti-cheat. If dayZ was being developed on another engine, i'd say SWEET, but for now, i'll just say, "lets see what actually gets fixed" because i'm not about to pre-pay 15 bucks for the same fucking game.

Edited by goPOSTALman

If DayZ is based on ArmA3 then people will get a completely new game and I think people will be happy. But it's based on ArmA2 with no mod support and slightly better performance then yeah it's going to be a tough sell to the million who already have ArmA2.

Maybe you will buy it but it won't be fun playing on a few empty servers (someone has to pay for the servers and they are more than $30).

• Like 1