rocket

Should we scrap bandit models?

Yes and no at the same time. Yes let us ditch them being forced, but no do not get rid of them. I vote for the ability to change skins at spawn.

No

i dont think it should be scrapped because it needs some definition so people have someone to blame' date=' if not people would just kill everyone either way.

BUT

real situations you dont have the simple clothing to diffirentiate people how people act. so for all those people saying Bandits should have thier skins removed then that will be a major disadvantage for anyone going to survivalist route.

maybe just give everyone the same skin and watch the paranoia get to people?

my prediction is that the number of bandits will double due to fear alone.

[/quote']

And thus completely removes the concept of the bandit, because it is currently broken in my eyes. Many people turn into bandits because of self defense. Don't you think this is wrong?

yeh i do understand where your coming from, it is a wee bit of an awkward system.

People need to know who they can trust - that is debatable and up to the person to decide.

but if there wasnt a system that put people into categories then as i said before there would be anarchy. which is what (IMO) would happen in a real life epidemic.

i dont know man , right and wrong are both very grey in this mod (which makes me love it so much)

to kill a guy and steal his weapon is wrong if hes been alive for weeks...BUT you have just lengthened your own survival...

If you had something he wanted he may have done the same.

I dont know how id handle it to be honest, maybe some very subtle changes for a bandit , something you cant see from afar.

like i dont know , kneepads (i dont know just first thing out of my little head)

Edit. After thinking on it for about 2 minutes, maybe the lower your humanity the more it should be apparent that your a baddy.

No voting perm's :(

I say yes! If it helps the dev more by scrapping the bandit outfit, gopher it!

(I suppose bandits can always just be replaced by another default skin)

I'd vote no - keep the models (exception of course if the technical difficulties are insurmountable).

Not only is it a useful indicator of intent, but for those saying they're not realistic the reverse is in fact true. In a post apocalyptic world there is no "society" to blend into - appearing normal is not a concern. Gathering the best survival gear is though, and military wear is much better than civvies. So bandits would of course start wearing these items as they gather them.

It's only because we respawn in the game that we think it "unrealistic" as it gives their history away - but it reality this different gear wouldn't be a giveaway as people who knew what it entailed would be dead or wearing it

Still if removed then my SOP will be to kill absolutely everyone on sight, as there would no longer be a consequence to doing so and there would now. BE even less reason to trust a survivor. Sorry everyone else, guess I'll just deactivate chat as it will no longer be used - who needs words when bullets will do.

I like bandit models, but I'd rather they be scrapped in the interest of improving the game.

What I would really like to see is the option to find clothing and dress my character up. It would be nice to scavenge some decent camo or a ghillie suit.

Eventually (not first, there's more stuff like Zombie mechanics, motions, spawn rates, locations etc to fix first) I'd love to see loads of skins to choose from so you can easily identify friendlies as well, and it would make it more realistic to have civilian skins too - press skins, media, reporters, mechanics, maybe even a torn suit for the ol' businessman ;)

I can't vote for whatever reason, but I say yes yes yes.

For a mod that brags hyper realistic survival mechanics, something like this can really limit the freedom of players who choose to use 'bandit'-like behaviour.

no don't remove, also you could start survivors off with a gps & map (reason for good humanity?)

keep the skins, this core concept keeps me playing. how about the bandits get a bright yellow big-bird skin with flashing red eyes? and survivors get a ghillie suit? sound fair? I think so.

NO Rocket, We want them skin back, it makes a good objective for people that play a "lone wolf" instinct for survival.

people may not agree but "teaming up" is not always the way we want to play.

ROCKET - NO