boxman80

Full release - Map discussion

Keep Chernarus but make more buildings enterable

This. In my opinion, all buildings should be explorable. Would add A LOT of depth to the game.

1 big city would be shit.

Totally urban would be tedious as would to rural. It needs varied environments all in one huge map.

A tailor-made map would be the way to go i reckon, along with setting. Place DayZ in its own context rather than it being a shoot off of ARMA storyline.

Maybe a present time setting based in some area of the USA where game hunting goes on now or suchlike environment? Bang 4-5 big-ish city/towns so we aren't always in the same 2 damn cities, lots of hamlets, hunting shacks etc, all with a rolling forest and farmland.

• Like 1

Great big map.

All enterable building.

Repairable power plant.

Radio station so survivor can broadcast...

Have industry.... why not made it possible to build thing like engine part, tent, ...

Have the possibility to find house key on Zed... so now you got a safe house.

More car, ...

Camping car, ....

Big boat maybe as a base or so.

Big market mall.

River with fishing possibility.

More animal: bear, wolf, ...

More hard to find place. Like cave.

Possibility to baricade house and/or other place.

Possibility to modify car, gun house, ...

More realistic health systems... like you need surgery if to baddly wounded.

More food... like harvest potato in a feild.

Low temp, snow, ...

Way more possible skin.

Possibility to dig hole to hide gear in. (Instead of tent)

Capture animals. Why not capture zed and survivor to? haha :)

Highway road. Possibility to bariccad or clear road.

Simple player class: soldier/cop, medic, eng/tech, ... (with appropriat skill)

Got to get back to work :)

*** Im sorry for my horrible english im not 8 years hold... just use to speak french sorry for that!

Edited by Tabarnator

As for theme Chernarus is great. Tropical island like Lingor (custom map) or Mediterranean island like Limnos (ArmA 3) just don't have the same feel. It doesn't really have to be ex-soviet state though. Imean, the only thing making it one now is all the russian text. Even though there are some Soviet/Russian weaponry, there's also plenty of western European and American stuff anyway.

I do wish the new map would be an island though. The current 2km empty forested zones at edges are just boring places to go wander to find camps or vehicles. I'd much rather have those replaced with water or at the very least have those zones way smaller. This way all the vehicles and tents would have to be stored in places where people will actually have a chance of finding them by accident when they travel between landmarks.

In general I would like a bigger map only if server populations go up too. Honestly though, current Chernarus could easily handle at least 100 if not more players if the player spawns only were more spread out. It's no wonder Elektrozavodsk and Chernogorsk are so crowded since they're fairly small towns where every freshly spawned player wants to go and most spawns are fairly close to those too. If there were more spawns around Berenzino and probably around some of the inland towns too it would feel far less crowded - though those inland spawns could be annoying. The beach is a nice "people spawn here"-indicator. No random stumbling upon your party by fresh spawns when you are in outskirts of an inland town either (and since it's beach, even the inland sides of shore towns don't have people spawning on top of other people)

So yeah. Bigger map if networking supports it. Island or at least far smaller edge areas - possibly also flatter and less forested. Preferably using assets similiar to current ones or at least those based on non-southern European/Northern American towns. It's not like I'll avoid buying the game even if it just has Limnos or Lingor or old Chernarus though.

Oh yeah, I'd also like to see some slightly bigger building complexes. Like a bigger military camp or a bigger airport. Those shouldn't be too taxing on resources since they'd probably still be smaller than any of existing Chernarus cities. I'd also like to see at least one city that's considerably bigger than any of the current ones with some taller buildings. They don't have to be skyscrapers, just closer to 10 than 3 floors.

Also while I don't think all buildings have to be enterable, more of those would be nice. Especially in the smaller towns where buildings are smaller too.

Edited by Elmokki

Chenarus + fully enterable buildings with lockable doors - if you can aquire the keys. with storage.

and cyclic weather systems. and ghillie/camo for all weathers/terrain..

• Like 2

I hope that the map will be a "western" (US/UK/Euro) based map with an excellent mixture of urban/cities and woodland/countryside. It would be great to see lots of waterways, coastline and islands too.

I'm also excited at the prospect of much bigger landscapes, many more enter-able buildings. Indeed even the vast range of different types of buildings such as multi-storey skyscrapers, prisons, apartments, suburban homes, country cottages, car parks, subways, airports, military camps, shopping malls (come on there HAS to be a shopping mall! ;) ) etc.

Nailed it.

• Like 1

Keep Chernarus, but make the main cities even bigger, and make the entire map bigger. I like the variation of a city, small town and the wilderness, and the post Soviet looks suit a zombie apocalypse.

I think they would be using RV4 for DayZ standalone, which would make all buildings enterable.

As for map, doesn't really matter to me, just make it big.

I'll take whatever I'm given. I do wish for atleast 3 large cities like in Chernarus, but even larger :D And every building enterable....

I would like to see:

- A proper anticheat system

- Larger map

- Choice between at least 2-3 maps for hosters (a Chernarus-like map, a more urbanized like major cities and a tropical/exotic location :rolleyes: )

- Rivers

- Better locations for cities and major interest points

- EVERY FREAKING BUILDING ENTERABLE

- Skin choice with gender in addition of the usual facial features

Everything else, I hope, will be adjusted during this alpha and the beta.

Edited by Andrej Dudev
  • Like 1

They would need at least 2 years to create whole new map.It's probably going to be changed Chernarus. All enterable buildings are already in Takistan so yeah...

I would like to see;

1. Deep water rivers, with stong currents and a limited number of crossings.

2. Random spawning underground fallout shelters, with food on shelving, not the floor :P.

3. Cliffs and other enviromental hazards, so running blindly in the dark becomes another risk, perhaps even small colision damage for running into a tree! haha.

4. Child zombies. omg!

5. Greater choice for character selection and clothing, obviously no mankini's!!

That will do for starters.

• Like 2

weren't minecraft type 'seeds' to create maps mentioned before by rocket? I'd like to see some system where maps are unique and you can't just refer to an internet map for where stuff is.

Also some kind of stronghold but one where you can't dupe items would make things more interesting :P

Chernarus is nice but I'd like to see a new map, specifically designed for DayZ standalone:

A map with a large capital city, complete with a subway system, enterable skyscrapers, malls, stores and all that stuff. Airports, military bases, countryside, mountains, lakes and islands. A map that makes me feel as if the apocalypse is happening to my city and I've got to get out there and survive.

Whatever it is, I hope that it's *big enough*. Player interactions are wonderful things, until they happen every 3 seconds 24/7 and you can't get away from them. I pointed to EVE in another post and I'll do it again. When that game started it was GINORMOUS. When you did see another person, or group of people you immediately got intense. Who are they, why are they here, are they here for me, etc etc.

You need somewhere that you can feel isolated, alone, and fairly confident that you know what's going on around you. So that when Billy-bob badass and his minions show up, you take notice and get that emotional smack upside the head.

I want a game (not gonna happen anytime soon) that mimics whatever location the server is set up in. If the server is running from NYC, you get EST, local NY weather, temp, seasons....and New York City spread out before you. Full of deadly survivors and zombies.

Maybe bonus points if the servers are linked, if you wander down to Baltimore and DC you get servers running from there.

And zombies that try to eat your babies...

I think tehre will probably be one single map if im thinking abaout it logically, but there is a possibility of having it split into various regions that are reachable on foot or by vehicle with vast maybe wilderness or desert between them.

The largest map in any game ever is the racing game FUEL.

If they used that platform to create the world and added more cities it would be absolutely gigantic.

It would be great if the Chernarus map was expanded to include the whole of the country, not just South Zagoria:

F9738.jpg

If Chernogorsk is only a minor city, imagine how large Novigrad would be!

It would also be good if Chernogorsk was expanded to actually be the size of a small city, right now it's barely larger then a small town:

CcxE2.jpg

Green: aprox. size of Chernogorsk, Red: Ústí nad Labem (Real life city)

Edited by SirBlah
  • Like 2

Probably going to be the map that Arma 3 is using. If not, and from the look of the picture on the new website, then it'll probably be an improved version of Chernarus.

Either options are lovely, and if they did multiple maps that'd be great.

Hopefully they just do a massive map rather than splitting the community up into different maps. Each character will be separate if they do that, and in return some maps will be played less. A map a bit bigger, or a lot bigger than Chernarus would be amazing, with more enterable buildings. Even if it is a modified Chernarus, or one that they are using for ARMA3.

I think the optimal setting would be to include a updated version of chenarus as well as a new stand alone map (if we are paying for the game i want a new map) and being a stand alone it would not be hard to add maps in the future.... also the zombie spawn should be fixed, if i clear an area, go into a building they should not spawn 10 more right next to me. i also like an idea somebody said about making it islands..... start on island A find and repair a boat to get to island B or C , there you can find a heli to travel as you wish , island B and C could have better stuff, harder zombies ect.

Chenarus + fully enterable buildings with lockable doors - if you can aquire the keys. with storage.

Yes!

This feature would add a lot of possibilities to carry out tactical situations in several different ways.

• Like 1