Oddball_E8

So what are the "unofficial" signs for being friendly?

Ive seen Q/E being used... ive also seen the "salute" emote being used, but i dont know how to do that one (embarrasingly enough, being an ex-OFP player).

Are there any others? (except spamming friendly in sidechat, meaning nothing on hardcore servers, and using VOIP in direct chat)

Check your controls for salute.

Double tap left control to lower your weapon (doesn't work for pistols).

I like the "im stalke yo seft till u response yes or no about my friend request betch" but well try the voice (IN DIRECT CHANNEL PLZ O_O)

Them not shooting you is generally a good indication.

Pretty much this and only this.

I've had people get in Teamspeak only to back stab me.

Don't even get me started on the guy that I shot a bandit off' date=' epi-penned, bandaged and transfused before he turned around and [b']shot me in the face.

/rant.

The best way I can think of is to find people to play with early on when you have your starting gear and ask other people who've just spawned if they want to group up. It's risky but losing starting gear isn't really a tragedy. External VOIP applications are also good for finding people.

The problem is ultimately that if you have something someone wants, it can be very hard to find a person you can trust.

Pretty much this and only this.

I've had people get in Teamspeak only to back stab me.

Don't even get me started on the guy that I shot a bandit off' date=' epi-penned, bandaged and transfused before he turned around and [b']shot me in the face.

/rant.

The best way I can think of is to find people to play with early on when you have your starting gear and ask other people who've just spawned if they want to group up. It's risky but losing starting gear isn't really a tragedy. External VOIP applications are also good for finding people.

The problem is ultimately that if you have something someone wants, it can be very hard to find a person you can trust.

Yeah pretty much, my advice is do not try to make friends in the game. Use your actual online friends from whatever other game you came from and group with them.

The best way is to simply not trust anyone you meet in game. Join a group outside of the game, gaming forums would be a good place to look, and play with them. This is what I did and I have yet to be shot in the face for my beans.

Leaning left and right, saluting (the # key) , sitting down (the ' key), going prone and rolling back and forth are all methods that I have seen or heard about.

It's all lies.

In general only peope you know are the ones that you can trust I have seen too many people just shoot on site or those that lie about being a friend.

The best bet is to get a group of friends to play or join a group that posts here in the forums.

Trust is rare and comes with a harsh lesson.

Eh, nobody is friendly to me.

... I've put my trust in one too many people who turned around and shot me in the back.

Nobody is worth my time anymore.

Lean left, lean right, repeat (the lean dance)

Salute.

Sit down.

Surrender.

All can be found in the control settings.

Yeah pretty much' date=' my advice is do not try to make friends in the game. Use your actual online friends from whatever other game you came from and group with them.

[/quote']

^ THIS right here

The few times I have seen another person and he hasn't immediately turned me into a human sized watering can, we both spent a couple seconds with pistols out looking at the sky and then looking back down at the ground. The characters do this weird raise the roof style thing and it seems to work for me. But then again 90% of people I either let pass and they don't see me to begin with or they straight up get a DMR round to the back of the head BEFORE they see me if it turns out they are going to interfere with my relentless quest to get my M107 back.

1:Aim directly at them.

2:Click the left mouse button

3:Repeat until they fall on the ground and don't move

4:Begin non-consensual trade

5:Bid a good day to your new friend on global chat.

Direct chat?

Talking to people and making them aware of your existence?

(Even if they can't respond they should at least be able to hear your tone of voice.)

Not shooting first?

Not pointing a gun at their head?

Normal behaviour?

How do you quantify it.

It takes a lot more balls NOT to shoot and being frightened of the risk is a kids choice.

1:Aim directly at them.

2:Click the left mouse button

3:Repeat until they fall on the ground and don't move

4:Begin non-consensual trade

5:Bid a good day to your new friend on global chat.

haha thats how I like to conduct my business

Generally if someone is going to shoot you, they'll do it first chance they get just in case you do the same to them.

You may aswell try being harsh.

yell "DONT YOU FUCKING MOVE IM NOT FRIENDLY" on direct chat and go on "FALL TO THE GROUND NOW PUT DOWN YOUR WEAPONS"

"GIMME THOSE BEANS RIGHT NOW"

get the beans, leave him some ammo behind him and go away.

Generally signs used include the safety dance (QEQEQE) or a salute. You should use the safety dance however because it lets you keep your gun on the person in case they decide to open fire. Afterwards lowering your gun (2xctrl) and surrendering are good to keep from spooking people you meet once you've declared your friendliness.

Even though someone might do these things you really can't trust if they're friendly. The most likely people you can trust are those that get the jump on you and don't immediately blow you away. Usually they say something like "Hey XXX in town YYY, I'm watching you. Friendly?" or something like that.

Thanx for the suggestions guys. (those of you who actually suggested something on topic)

As for the rest of you with all the "dont trust anyone" advice/statements/jokes...

The name of the thread was "so what are the "unofficial" signs for being friendly" not "should i trust anyone or not".

I dont give a flying f**k about wether or not you think anyone can be trusted, i only asked what the unofficial "im a friend" signs were.

I shot a guy doing the raise the roof dance the other day. I just didn't like the fact that he popped out of the woods next to me and my buds. Mainly I didn't want a guy tagging along when we were trying to link up to have a group of 5 guys in TS.

I was also trigger happy that day.

I've been shooting more people lately, but I did have the best instance of cooperation with 2 people I met up near Nizhnoye and we worked together pretty well. One died to a ladder and the other ended up losing connection, but we were able to stick together without voice for a couple hours.

i try to avoid other players, though i will usualy point my gun off to one side or lower it ,

had a close call the other day though i was leavign a barn i looted when someone asks over voice that i not shoot, i look around and hes about 30m away from me in the tall grass, i lowerd my gun and backed away as he had the drop on me easy ,i looked behind me at the zombies movign about behind me and when i looked back he was gone so i booted it out of there

I don't think any signal works anyway....

Today I was at Stary at the camp looting stuff. Noticed a survivor on the hill and when he spotted me he went to prone. Just sat there mostly in cover doing lean dancing and salutation. He kept his sights on me.... Zeds everywhere anyway. He ended up shooting a million bullets at me one minute later.

10 minutes later I'm in Cherno after a respawn... Got the jump on a guy through a window... kept whistling to him through direct comms... he found out about me really late and then started running away (Which is weird anyway, it was pretty clear I had the jump on him. If I wanted to kill him I could've done it a million times). Ended up running into him in another cafe.. heard eating sounds while I was outside.. started whistling again and walked in doing the lean dance. Received a bullet to the head.