DZ28

use axe and keep gun?

so i have a shotgun but it makes sooo much noise id rather use my axe most of the time for just one zombie, is there any way to keep my gun and use my axe?

I think the axe will be used in the sidehand if you have no pistol equipped. So just put your pistol in your backpack.

Edited by DK Kaylin

The axe replaces the main weapon so you must put the gun in your backpack first of it will drop to the ground. I perfer the axe on zombies. Guns are only need against other players.

• Like 1

I think the axe will be used in the sidehand if you have no pistol equipped. So just put your pistol in your backpack.

Umm...no.. it doesnt,

And your only option is to get a backpack with at least 11+ slots, (preferably ALICE pack) put shotgun in it + ammo, Equip axe. when u need to switch? right-click axe./ add to toolbelt and remove gun from your bag.

Only way is to switch between the main weapon in the backpack and the axe in hand. You can't have both at the same time.

Is it possible to make some kind of macro key binding to put the axe on the belt and take the shotgun out of the bag?

Is it possible to make some kind of macro key binding to put the axe on the belt and take the shotgun out of the bag?

Doubt it.

It would probably have to be a script, which will get you banned by BattleEye.

I don't understand why you have to put your gun in your bag when it otherwise would just sling around your shoulder. Unrealistic for a gun to fit in a bag anyways, unless it has a folding stock. Put gun over shoulder, take axe out of tool belt. It should be a longer animation but no reason you should have to put it in your bag.

I don't understand why you have to put your gun in your bag when it otherwise would just sling around your shoulder.

ArmA Engine.

In Arma II, you can carry an bazooka on your shoulder, and easily swap between it and the primary weapon - the rifle gets

shouldered during the swap. I'm surprised there wasn't a way to make the hatchet a bazooka-class weapon so it could

be shouldered, but with a mêlée action/animation. There probably is, but the devs didn't think about it at the time.

• Like 1

The hatchet is a very nice silent takedown indeed.

I hope in later releases you will get to have a better way to switch secondary weapons with the hatchet more easily, or get a combat knife as a primary one.

I'd love the rush up to zeds and stab them in the back and nobody is the wiser. Ninjamode

Well I just recently got this mod and was messing about with the hatchet trying to figure out how to go about equiping it and ended up equiping it and a main weapon at the same time. I later found out I could switch to the hatchet with the F key. The only odd thing was instead of a hatchet I swung my gun. I suppose it is a glitch since you guys are saying it isn't possible and I never got to see if it worked like a hatchet since I ended up getting shot soon after.I had been using an ak 47 I found in the middle of the street if anyone is curious.

yes thing is kind of annoying.. I found a DMR sniper rifle and somehow messing with my inventory I lost 3 full clips. Sad day.

Sometimes its very hard to quickly change from axe to primary but hopefully they might fix it.

Put the gun in your backpack!

The hatchet/axe is enough to take out a player as well (as I found out by one climbing up a ladder infront of me!!) So don't worry about using a gun unless you absolutely have too

thank you all for the info, didnt think of putting it in my pack, at its not convenient like most everyone says but at least i get to keep my gun :)

Edited by DZ28

Hello there

As others have said, storing in your pack is the way forward at the moment.

Don't forget backpacks are intelligent lifeforms and like nothing better than eating your weapons every now and then.

Rgds

LoK