sgtsnug

Player Revival

Bump

Good Idea this will promote group play!

It should take up the back pack slot and be a little less rare as the NVG's

In my post i suggested portable generators that take up the backpack slot. This could cause having a backpack is promoting group play.

Have 1 guy being a "Field Doctor"

Another guy a "electrician"

and then another that carries stuff in their backpack.

i don't agree due to complications.

someone who had been shot right in the chest by a 7.62 rifle, is totally dead. And i'm not counting on the .50 barret rifle.

this 5min you want already exists... it's that blood deadline of 2000.

below this, your mate is virtually dead. he can't hear, can't move well, can't see etc.

if you manage to treat his injuries and bring him back to life, that's your ressurection mechanic.

Instead of adding a bunch of extra stuff, why not include the option to remain in limbo for 30 seconds or so and allow the epi-pen to bring someone back? Then you patch him up etc.

Also, wouldnt adding a defib that takes up slots and designates someone the "medic" make that an undesirable role to play? The only guy who cant carry extra food and equipment? To make it fair, you would have to include other items that are specialized that reduce inventory space for other members of a group.

As an alternative, instead of a defib, you could include a context option to give someone CPR and have a percentage based chance of bringing someone back. If you can revive players for up to minutes of time later, there should be the chance for brain damage or permanent crippling where you might have to leave them behind or kill them out of mercy. This would be a cool thing to incorporate into the humanity and possibly panic mechanic.

Also, certain gunshot wounds should be irrevocable.

I love the idea of defibrillator and have it be semi-rare!

In general its a good idea, just have to be carefull as to how you implement this, alot of the decisions you make in game are made with the thought of permadeath in your mind.

So it shouldnt suddenly become easy to revive someone.

It should take some time atleast, when you have been shot down by someone, that you arent back on your feet within 10 seconds.

Perhaps your buddy should be able to drag your body towards a save place where he can start '( attempting ) to revive you. Not sure if dragging is possible right now or not.

Dragging should be possible, its part of Arma2 but I dont think its incorporated yet.

In general its a good idea' date=' just have to be carefull as to how you implement this, alot of the decisions you make in game are made with the thought of permadeath in your mind.

So it shouldnt suddenly become easy to revive someone.

It should take some time atleast, when you have been shot down by someone, that you arent back on your feet within 10 seconds.

Perhaps your buddy should be able to drag your body towards a save place where he can start '( attempting ) to revive you. Not sure if dragging is possible right now or not.

[/quote']

my idea would be that once you hit 1000 blood you pass out untill it gets higher and any damage from a single shot will stop at 1000 unless it was a head shot,(you still die if someone finishes you off after your down) once past 1000 you should bleed slower to give people time to do first aid(from 1000 to 0 should take 5 to 10 minutes, less if its from many gunshot wounds at once)

once bandaged you recover 1 blood per minute naturally till you get to 1100 blood, recovery should be faster if your inside a building or near a fire

this would be excellent, but it would take a bit of work

if hit in certain areas, you are dead. period. headshots and heart/both lungs getting shredded will kill you (perhaps you can survive with one lung). less, shall i say, destructive wounds will knock you down, and you can be resucitated.

Bleeding out could require bloodbags and a defrib. maybe two bloodbags or more if you plan to fight soon.

zombies... well, that's got to be a tough one. you don't want to revive your mate, and then discover they are infected and now a Zed... and they kill you once you revive them. perhaps there could be a form of antidote that can be optionally used during the healing process. if you die due to zombie attacks, there could be a chance that if you are revived without the antidote your body may be replaced with a Zed, and you will have to respawn. the story behind the antidote might be something similar to this: it was developed, but the Zeds were too powerful and the medicine was unable to be used in trime to prevent the apocalypse. so that explains it being stashed around the place (in hospitals and millitary bases?)

Fall damage could require morphine and/or an epi-pen, i guess, plus a defrib or blood bag.

but i think that all this field healing should not be enough. it could be a quick-fix to keep you alive, but you'll need to get away and get treatment. perhaps you can find some place for a proper treatment, obviously a hospital is a good candidate, but a home or tent could suffice. then a medic (perhaps needing a medical book or something) could finish the job, leaving you with enough blood etc to survive, and you just need to recover your health, take some morphine for pain, etc. a hospital should provide a bonus to the healing.

idk, just throwing some suggestions out there. i'd like to be able to drag a wounded comrade away and revive him, then get him away to a safe place to finish the job. plus, you cannot constantly revive a player. perhaps if you try too often, they will be in so much pain they die or suicide?

player revival could work, but it would have to be tricky.

only a dedicated medic could do it properly, but the player would still need to recuperate and regain blood etc.

i like unmovingtarget's idea of fainting and slowly bleeding out from lesser gunshot wounds in stead of dying instantly

or just give me a german accent, a saw and a healing ray gun.

I thought about this idea and came up with a medically sound method.

Requirements for revival:

-Must be revived within 5 minutes of kill shot

-AED tool with 3-5 charges to kickstart the wounded

-Bandage for stopping the bleeding

-Morphine to remove the pain

-Epipen to rouse unconscious victim

-Blood pack to restore lost blood

Not needed items:

-Painkillers, victim is unconscious and would choke on them.

Having the required items would have the perk of being able to revive a limited number of people, but with the high cost of medical supplies. all materials would be consumed upon use, and could be implemented 5 minutes after "expiriation" making firefights that much more tense when you need to revive a comrade.

To prevent the Ghosters from benefiting from this item, make it so that the AED has to "charge" when you log in, as if you were turning it on as soon as you woke up, and if someone logs from a server while they are in the death throes, that they give up on life and expire.

Thoughts or concerns that might improve this idea? or perhaps it makes the lone wolves and ghosters unhappy.

I like this idea, but these need to be super rare. And have a battery requirement. To ensure they cant be farmed and must be resupplied often. Also they need a chance of not working/blowing up.

wouldn't this make groups all powerful...

they can 'CLEAR' entire towns and leave nothing with even less risk..

not to mention bandits would take more risks, making organized bandit clans way OP

..this may or may not happen

but its the first thing that popped into my mind

Why increase survivability? one of the main charms of this game is that it is so brutal. Take that away and you have multiplayer stalker.

+1 for this Suggestion. One unlucky shot or a lot of bugs can destroy the whole evening of a group. 1 Minute time to revive would be enough, needs a lot of medical supplies and probably a new tool.

Would be a good change for Groups/Teams.

Most Weapons do very mch damage, Epi-Pens are worhless in 98% cause they are already dead. In PvP Situations it can be a extrem Adrenaline-Rush to step out in the line of fire to get your mate back to life within a minute.

Take that away and you have multiplayer stalker.

Multiplayer Stalker would be awesome lol.

I really do like this idea as long as it doesn't magically heal every wound I mean, if someone

would get shot in the head or other vital spots. You shouldn't be able to walk and

tell the tale afterwards.

I imagine it being somewhat like the Saving Private Ryan scene where they all gathered

around their field medic who got shot in the liver. Everyone gathering around and trying

to save their fallen comrade.

+1 for this Suggestion. One unlucky shot or a lot of bugs can destroy the whole evening of a group. 1 Minute time to revive would be enough' date=' needs a lot of medical supplies and probably a new tool.

Would be a good change for Groups/Teams.

Most Weapons do very mch damage, Epi-Pens are worhless in 98% cause they are already dead. In PvP Situations it can be a extrem Adrenaline-Rush to step out in the line of fire to get your mate back to life within a minute.

[/quote']

agreed. If that is possible it would improve the gaming a lot and encourage travels away from the coast.

ADD THEM!

I have to give +1 to this thread since I was just about to start one. I think there should be a small 1 or 2 minute window of revival that includes the epi-pen and a blood bag. The revive mechanic is used constantly in ARMA 2 (at least the few matches I played) so this isn't really a stretch. If you respawn, like it has been said, you have effectively given up your opportunity. A defib unit doesn't make much sense medically as it is NOT used to start a heart like people commonly think, it is used to stop one that has gone into ventrical fribulation (irregular beating). However, since medical stuff is so fucked anyways in ARMA I don't have a problem with it personally.

This would make it so that one shot from a sniper far away that clipped one of your teammates isn't an instant evening breaker. You can effectively have an impromptu ER going, one person giving blood and the other treating the cardiac arrest. As long as you can get blood into the body, oxygenate it, and circulate it, you should be able to keep that person alive (albeit vulnerable).

I really really like this idea. It adds another layer of panic to a terrifying situation. Besides, you would NEVER use an epi-pen on someone that is just unconscious. That is what smelling salts is for. You would make their heart explode with an Epinephrine applied this way.

Umm...What if I shoot him in the face? Will the defib still work?

Most of the time the 800 meter shots we lose friends to are body shots, or rocks/gates/walls/stairs other bugs. So wether or not you can revive a face-shot wouldn't really affect me. If people don't like it because it's inauthentic, then I think thats fine, but I'm not sure if ARMA tracks what kind of death you had.

I dont think it should be as rare as NVGs because then hardly any groups would have it and the ones that do would be the most advanced groups, which would give them an even larger advantage over the less experienced ones. Love the idea though!

I don't like it.

If your dead your dead, I'm all for adding to the injury system but a revive system? C'mon.

Umm...What if I shoot him in the face? Will the defib still work?

yes, of course it will. just remember to turn off the defibrillator so that you can't be dissapointed if it doesn't work