RapturJesus

Less military weapons

Everyone and their mother has an AK or AS50. These things should be rare as shit to get. Ive seen more AKs then I have makarovs or DB shotguns or enfields. AKs, along with other military weapons, are too common.

In a zombie apocalypse scenario I don't think every person would have some hightech M4 or sniper rifle.

• Like 3

the problem is INFINITE ammo.

NOT the weapons.

(ALSO... we are in russia, EVERYONE should have an AK !!!)

Edited by Charb
  • Like 5

You forget we are in an ex Russian soviet state... AK's are the most common assault rifle in the world...

Other then that I do agree with you, but Enfield's are not a common weapon, now anyway.. Winchester's should be found more often then not...

But in my personal opinion I think weapons are way too easy to find, I think they should be cut like 50-75% rarity??

• Like 3

notice all the dead soldiers and millitary vehicles around? something big went down not long ago here so id say the weapons are fine

• Like 2

Hell I own 2 Ak's

along with 1 M4

Let me clarify this a bit. I own 2 AK's real life. It's not a military only weapon. ((Safe for automatics as you need a class 3 weapons license in the US to own automatic firearms.))

Edited by Jswah

notice all the dead soldiers and millitary vehicles around? something big went down not long ago here so id say the weapons are fine

I guess all the military guys pussied out and gave their weapons to firemen because I find an AK everytime I go to a firehouse. Houses are for civilians not ex soldiers. While some, SOME, will have a military grade weapon but have a low chance. Most are going to have a pistol or an axe. Making military guns less commons.

Personally I think a pistol should be hard enough to find. Making the surviving and looting aspect greater.

the problem is INFINITE ammo.

NOT the weapons.

(ALSO... we are in russia, EVERYONE should have an AK !!!)

This is the main gamebreaker now, not the glitches.

• Like 1

If they would just fix the duping problem, there wouldnt be an issue.

The majority of times someone has given me a weapon because they accidently duped the one they were trying to store in a tent.

Not every chopper spawn spawns a military weapon, and there isn't always a military type weapon at airfields.

And really if you think about it, in this scenario, afetr all the soldiers have been called in to give support, what happens after they're overrun? Fleeing forces aren't going to stop to load up trucks with all the weapons and equipment, are they?

You forget we are in an ex Russian soviet state... AK's are the most common assault rifle in the world...

Other then that I do agree with you, but Enfield's are not a common weapon, now anyway.. Winchester's should be found more often then not...

But in my personal opinion I think weapons are way too easy to find, I think they should be cut like 50-75% rarity??

I agree. weapons are to easy to find. hatchet is fine thow

I don't know about you, I've done a fair few airfireld raids and only found shotguns or weapons of the AK variant, and that seems fitting in Russia. After 3 nights of running between Staray and NW airfield (damn you server hoppers), I finally got my M4A3 CCO.

remmember that most of the "rare" weapons are duped. thats why they are so common these dayz.

for example the AS50 has a 0,89% of spawning at a chrashed helicopter site that means you need 11 chrashsites to find a AS50.

there are 12 crashsites on each map that means that there are going to be 1-2 AS50 per server each day. but because of server-hoppers and dupers there are lots of them

remmember that most of the "rare" weapons are duped. thats why they are so common these dayz.

for example the AS50 has a 0,89% of spawning at a chrashed helicopter site that means you need 11 chrashsites to find a AS50.

there are 12 crashsites on each map that means that there are going to be 1-2 AS50 per server each day. but because of server-hoppers and dupers there are lots of them

Uhh.. The math.

• Like 1

Raptor Jesus, I am a huge fan of your. I mean, you went extinct for our sin and all, but I have to remind you that the map has:

3 military airfields

Multiple military tents & camps

crashed army choppers

a fucktons of soldiers bodies & another fucktons of military zeds

There WAS a huge military presence here, so there should be a fuckton of military weapons

• Like 1

Of course there is a reason for the presence of AKs everywhere, but also we should think about game balancing.

I mean a survivor who gets the chance of spawning east of cherno, directly heading to the military tents most probably gets an AK.

So right from the start under 10mins of playing he is able to outplay any civilian short to middle range firearm and thats what is not good in my opinion.

In a confrontation where both oponnents have not the luck of spotting first the AK always wins against double-barrel shotgun, winchester, crossbow, enfield you name it.

To my understanding of game mechanics it would be much more interesting if any military weapon would not spawn easily accessible for new survivors, for example no military weapons at locations near to the coast. That would enhance game experience because as a new survivor you will climb the letter up, first getting somekind of civilian grade weapon -> heading up north from the coast -> getting mid tier military weapons -> farther norther -> western military weapons and so on

Practically speaking:

-> Reducing the spawn rate of every military in Cherno, Elektro, Berezino, Balota Airfield and tents to the maximum level of 0,96%

(current rate for akm/ak is 2,87%, 3,86%)

Effect on this would be that the firefights in cherno are based on old civilian weapons and you will only find ammo for highter tier weapons on the military spots in the coast cities.

• Like 1

I think people need to just stop crying about the fact that people have high tech weapons. Just because you get shot by an as50, doesnt mean every fucker in the game has one, it means you ran into someone who got really lucky. you have to consider the fact that there are hundreds of thousands of people playing this game. if you stop to think that at any one time every single member can find a decent military weapon over thousands of servers, then yes, of course there are a lot of high tech weapons around, because science and maths dictates that with so many players, lots of people are going to find them, no matter how rare they are.

Also it has already been said and i agree, AK's arent overpowered in this game, and it makes it pretty realistic to find them all over the place where we are. have you ever considered that some stragglers may have ran into firestations with nice weapons?

I think people need to just stop crying about the fact that people have high tech weapons. Just because you get shot by an as50, doesnt mean every fucker in the game has one, it means you ran into someone who got really lucky. you have to consider the fact that there are hundreds of thousands of people playing this game. if you stop to think that at any one time every single member can find a decent military weapon over thousands of servers, then yes, of course there are a lot of high tech weapons around, because science and maths dictates that with so many players, lots of people are going to find them, no matter how rare they are.

Also it has already been said and i agree, AK's arent overpowered in this game, and it makes it pretty realistic to find them all over the place where we are. have you ever considered that some stragglers may have ran into firestations with nice weapons?

Why would you go to the firestation and not ya know... out of the zombie infested city. I found a M24, M4, and AK Kobra all in one firestation sweep. I don't think thats realistic.

Day Z takes place where a Russian insurgency battled US marines. So naturally you're going to find all sorts of post war weapons laying around.

As for the firestation having weapons, it's a bit weird, but hey, more costal military zones the better.

If they would just fix the duping problem, there wouldnt be an issue.

Yup, fixing duping and ammo exploits would change the game a lot.

On the other hand Rocket said, that duping probably will not be eradicated, not until the game is standalone.

So as it is now, if spawn rates of weapons go radically down, then it hurt legit players mostly, because dupers gonna dupe.

Edited by Hombre

I think AK's are way to common as well. That's my only problem, I want to find more einfields, or if I go to a military base, it should have more m4's or other american weapons in my opinion, I just hate seeing ak's everywhere

This suggestion has been made a bunch of times, including by me. I'm afraid we have awhile to wait as far as much in the way of weapon changes goes. If it does happen it might be later in the stand-alone stage of development. Still gave some beans

That would prompt more people to hack, giving themselves an even greater advantage over everyone else with their guns. Weapons are the highlight of dayz as well. And when someone finds one. You will probably have a greater scenario of the sniper on the hill, killing more people that ever since they have nothing to fight back with.