omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

Poll: Should Barbed wire be removed?

Barbed Wire  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Should barbed wire be removed?

• Yes
    • No

Not anymore, but I was at the time. What made you doubt that?

I'm not doubting you. It's just not as if you couldn't get around it. Annoying? Definitely when placed to prevent removal. I'm all for making them removable from anywhere on the wire or at each stake. I don't think we should ask to have everything removed that inconveniences us. Someone suggested wire cutters before. That's a good alternative especially if they're more common than toolboxes.

Why are people asking for things to be removed rather than suggesting fixes?

I'm not doubting you. It's just not as if you couldn't get around it. Annoying? Definitely when placed to prevent removal. I'm all for making them removable from anywhere on the wire or at each stake. I don't think we should ask to have everything removed that inconveniences us. Someone suggested wire cutters before. That's a good alternative especially if they're more common than toolboxes.

Why are people asking for things to be removed rather than suggesting fixes?

This is for them to removed: because they are broken/until they are fixed, or have a better purpose.

They don't block people, they don't stop people from getting in your camps. They just make you server hop, and if they wanted something from your camp they would come back. Its only purpose is to troll fresh spawns.

I understand that. If someone wants to be server hopping douche then there isn't much anyone can do about it. It does slow people down at the least and prevent them at the best.

There are uses for barbwire and tank traps other than to piss on noobs and fresh spawns. If someone uses them to prevent access to doorways then it sounds like they're working.

This is for them to removed: because they are broken/until they are fixed, or have a better purpose.

Half the items in the game are broken. Offer solutions or fixes. Don't demand items that many people use be taken out because they inconvenience you. That's almost as bad as the people asking for the zombies to be taken out.

Half the items in the game are broken. Offer solutions or fixes. Don't demand items that many people use be taken out because they inconvenience you. That's almost as bad as the people asking for the zombies to be taken out.

zombies inconvenience me take them out pls we dont spawn with gun how do u expect me 2 think a head lik dat???

• Like 1

Barbed wire set ups have no positives right now. They effectively stop players, but it is very easy to make them irremovable. Which means they are broken. Until they are fixed, they should be removed. Just like the gillie suits. Fix em, re-implement em.

Well, coming to 60%-40%, it would seem that people want them removed. Devs?

Edited by omgwtfbbq

To the people saying "just get a toolbox," the problem really is not getting the toolbox. I have gotten LOTS of toolboxes as I find them definitely valuable! I hunt toolboxes down. I've dedicated lives of my character to getting rid of barbed wire (before the server issue of putting removed barbed wire back) throughout Chernaus. The problem is when the people place them in such a way the the two places that the cursor must be over to remove said barbed wire is inside a wall, thus making the barbed wire permanent and not removable by anyone. This is why most people have an issue with barbed wire in its current form. And realistically if barbed wire is placed in a building I usually been able to (but not always though) vault over it with the use of the "v" button. It is when the grievers place the barbed wire outside and it intersects with the interior of a location that it is usually not vaultable.

Personally what I would LOVE to see is the continued option of having barbed wire, but instead of having only two places where a cursor must be before it can be removed have the player's cursor be anywhere on the barbed wire to remove it if they have a toolbox. This solves the problem as you still need a toolbox and it makes it easier to remove.

Edited by s2ua7

Well, this bullshit keeps happening to me.

I am sick of these fucking wires. They do not serve a purpose in the game other than to block PEOPLE. They do not block zombies. Zombies walk right through them. I was able to get into the barracks, but unable to leave because of the glitched bench in the way right next to the barbed wire. I. Hate. Barbed. Wire. Let's remove this shit from DayZ.

edit: got out and found a toolbox. Raided the NWAF, removing about fifteen wires and bag fences. Still a retarded concept, though.

You're an idiot. People use barbwire for the wrong reasons, just setting it up like dumbasses.

Its meant to be put around camps to keep players out, because you can't vault over it.

Sandbags + barbwire means you can stop zombies and players, making for an amazing base building component.

It doesn't need to be removed, it just needs to be fixed. Using it to stop, control or trap players is a strategy. If you don't like it then don't try to find ways around it and loot somewhere else.

It needs to be easier to remove with a toolbox, should make players bleed if they run into it or vault over it. It should slow and slightly injure zombies.

• Like 1

I'd like it to act as a snare, forcing you to bypass it very slowly.

:beans: Now THAT is a good idea.

I doubt that duping really is an issue with barbed wire. For the past two days my brother and I have been trying to find engine parts, by running between industrial area,s to fix a vehicle we have stashed away. In this time we have come across at least 20-30 barbed wire and at least 15 tank traps (but no freaking engine parts). We stashed them on zombie bodies so they will despawn, but the point is that they are not that rare of an item.

Only people who voted no are the trolls who place them.

They provide my group with a way to at least deter, and bottleneck entry into our base and key areas. Also, they can be taken down with a toolbox, so quit bitching.

yea voted. I aknowledge they serve a purpose but its used far more for trolling than anything else.

Not exactly the first thing I'd like to deal with as complete newbie..

They provide my group with a way to at least deter, and bottleneck entry into our base and key areas. Also, they can be taken down with a toolbox, so quit bitching.

Not everyone has a toolbox.

I didn't see an option for "Keep barbed wire in the game, but allow it to be destroyed with a hatchet"

So I didn't vote

They just need to add wire cutters that spawn in industrial Buildings. Cut the wire problem solved.

I'm sure this has been said but I would just like to state this.

Barbed wire should not be removed, it should however be blocked from being placed indoors like tents.

They just need to add wire cutters that spawn in industrial Buildings. Cut the wire problem solved.

Yeah and I bet 51% of wire cutters woud happen to be in a building that's b wired with only one way in.....I already see the irony call :)

My one gripe about barbed wire is the fact that even if I do manage to find a toolbox and attempt to cut the wire, it only takes the troll who placed it there a second to hear me and spray me with bullets.

I have no problem with many aspects of the game, it's the people that exploit them.

It doesn't need to be removed, it just needs to be fixed. Using it to stop, control or trap players is a strategy. If you don't like it then don't try to find ways around it and loot somewhere else.

It needs to be easier to remove with a toolbox, should make players bleed if they run into it or vault over it. It should slow and slightly injure zombies.

So its a strategy to put it in key area's of loot so people can server hop and I should just go somewhere else as that's clearly my fault for them doing that, makes sense.