omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

Poll: Should Barbed wire be removed?

Barbed Wire  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Should barbed wire be removed?

• Yes
    • No

I can't, jackass. I don't have a toolbox, and I have never seen one. Also, the wire is glitched through the walls. Read the entire thread before derping.

Go to construction site or any industrial building, congratulations on your new toolbox.

If the wire is glitched through the walls to the point where you can't remove it it's also glitched through the walls to the point where it doesn't affect you.

Play the game before derping pls

No, but you should always be able to vault them.

Give people the ability to vault them at all times at the cost of starting bleeding.

Edited by Dsi1

tl;dr every post but:

make it harder to place barbed wire so you cant place it so it intercepts walls and such, but not as hard as placing tents at the moment

Go to construction site or any industrial building, congratulations on your new toolbox. DERP!

You seem to have forgotten that I'm stuck in the barracks.

I almost never run into them and when i do i hop over they provide some extra protection in some cases for camps

It doesn't need to be removed. It just needs to be fixed. People shouldn't be able to set up barbed wire inside buildings and it should be a lot easier to remove.

I place barbed wire in bushes through high traffic areas... just for the hell of it.

I place barbed wire in bushes through high traffic areas... just for the hell of it.

Why? So you can inconvenience someone trying to hide in that bush? lol

Like many things in this mod, they don't work as intented to, might as well remove them.

I shouted YES! upon reading that.

I'd say it should be fixed so you can't put it thru walls and it should take more then 1 inventory space. I mean 1 crossbow bolt takes 1 inventory space and the wire takes 1 - it doesn't make any sense.

It can actually be useful, you know

To do...what, exactly? Block people? That's why it should be removed, not kept.

Only people who voted no are the trolls who place them.

I voted no. I place them to block people. That's their purpose. Do I want them to block zombies? Sure do but right now they're good for keeping people out of my camps and for pissing off douchebag server hoppers.

Find a toolbox you noobs.

I voted no. I place them to block people. That's their purpose. Do I want them to block zombies? Sure do but right now they're good for keeping people out of my camps and for pissing off douchebag server hoppers.

Find a toolbox you noobs.

They don't block people, they don't stop people from getting in your camps. They just make you server hop, and if they wanted something from your camp they would come back. Its only purpose is to troll fresh spawns.

Well, this bullshit keeps happening to me.

th_arma2oa2012-08-0520-48-55-25.jpg

I am sick of these fucking wires. They do not serve a purpose in the game other than to block PEOPLE. They do not block zombies. Zombies walk right through them. I was able to get into the barracks, but unable to leave because of the glitched bench in the way right next to the barbed wire. I. Hate. Barbed. Wire. Let's remove this shit from DayZ.

My question is, why are you logging in and out of the barracks, Mr Server Hopper?

• Like 1

I don't mind them even when they block the barracks. I DO mind when people glitch it through the wall, to make it near impossible to remove with a tool box in some buildings. They should stop zombies or at least deter them and I wish you could click anywhere with a toolbox to remove it. Was hoping that the wire fence caused that jeep to get 4 flats.

My question is, why are you logging in and out of the barracks, Mr Server Hopper?

I walked into barracks first time, went over the wire, then realized that I couldn't get out. Left that server, joined a new one, and left the barracks. One server hop that was necessary.

Edited by omgwtfbbq

I've personally become stuck in a building, forced to join another server, only to find barbed wire in the same location, preventing my exit... and forcing me to leave and find yet another server. Barbed wire is ridiculous in this game.

I've personally become stuck in a building, forced to join another server, only to find barbed wire in the same location, preventing my exit... and forcing me to leave and find yet another server. Barbed wire is ridiculous in this game.

You're telling me. http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/53485-wow-the-barracks-are-lame-no-theyre-awesome/

They don't block people, they don't stop people from getting in your camps. They just make you server hop, and if they wanted something from your camp they would come back. Its only purpose is to troll fresh spawns.

So wait it doesn't work against people who want to loot you but does work against people who want to walk around?

Nice double standard bro.

Also OP is like a cat mewing for its life after climbing a tree and realizing holy shit that's high up, you went through the effort of bypassing the wire without thinking about getting back out?

Edited by Dsi1