Sign in to follow this  
vibe

Absolutely disappointing playerbase

I can't stress just how disappointed I am in DayZ playerbase right now. Now I don't want to pile everybody in the same shitpile, but it absolutely saddens me how unfair players here are.

Out of last 4 geared guys that I killed with a simple makarov in the last TWO HOURS of gameplay (not the same server), used the ALT+F4 to save their dying asses and myself from their gear.

This is absolutely frightening. Ok I know this can be saved by implementing a mechanic that will keep them online, but I'm just saddened by the fact how many players will actually use exploit to save their precious gear.

I can't imagine if this game had stats or even more grind to get to the "end game". I've played games with permadeath where death REALLY hurts, I'm talking about losing characters that you grinded stats and gear and worked on for months. What by the gods would players do then...

Over the years I have been gaming and noticed that cheating in online games has gone rampant, it is absolutely devastating. I'm afraid and discouraged to play any online game at the moment, having also experienced an increasing amount of cheaters/exploiters in Battlefield 3 and other online games.

I can't imagine how online gaming will be in a few years, I really can't. I am honestly worried about the future of online gaming.

As for people who exploit the ALT+F4 when they're shot, I have one thing to say:

If you can't handle permadeath, don't play a permadeath game.

And as for me, I'll be putting DayZ on hold until this is patched. I'm not loot greedy, but I sure as hell won't be playing a mod where exploiters have it easy.

Edited by Vibe
  • Like 20

I have to agree, in 15 years of online gaming, this is by far the worst community I have ever seen.

• Like 15

tis mainly the children, same as the script kiddies.

an exploit is all but cheating.

Edited by Dankine

Damn Alt + F4, we should report to Microsoft, but you see.. then these fellas gonna RESET their PC "to save their dying asses"

Damn Alt + F4, we should report to Microsoft, but you see.. then these fellas gonna RESET their PC "to save their dying asses"

well said, whatever it is you're trying to say.

Edited by Dankine

I have to agree, in 15 years of online gaming, this is by far the worst community I have ever seen.

You took the words out of my mouth.Not even Cod community can beat this.It's THAT bad.

• Like 1

i agree except for alt+f4. It's been around in every game ever. It was complained about in diablo 2, 11 years ago. It's just part of gaming

i agree except for alt+f4. It's been around in every game ever. It was complained about in diablo 2, 11 years ago. It's just part of gaming

you could make the same argument for cheating, or exploiting. terrible argument.

Logoffski used to be a serious problem in EVE Online.

They solved it so that if you are engaged in combat and log out, your technically still online for a 5 or 10 minutes.

Here, they should implement something similar, maybe after you get shot by someone within the last 5 minutes you are still in the game for 10 min if you suddenly log out.

• Like 4

Something missing from this post:

Why the hell were you shooting them to begin with? If you had a makarov and they were 'geared', that screams that you shot first.

Its the immaturity that comes with youth, only the level of immaturity now is much higher than in the past. Its a freakin game and to exploit it makes no sense because as soon as you use an exploit/hack/whatever you stop playing the actual game.

• Like 3

Logoffski used to be a serious problem in EVE Online.

They solved it so that if you are engaged in combat and log out, your technically still online for a 5 or 10 minutes.

Here, they should implement something similar, maybe after you get shot by someone within the last 5 minutes you are still in the game for 10 min if you suddenly log out.

they're trying but the engine is getting in the way atm apparently.

As far as I'm aware, there is some correlation between, the more popular the mod became and the shittier the community became. Happens to a lot of games and mods, seems to have hit here pretty hard. Don't worry though, there's still loads of good peoples left here, just find some friends and wade together through the shit storm ;D

Maybe there should be a little message when someone Alt-F4's

Fred was killed

Bob is a Pussy - he Alt-F4'd - he accidently dropped all his equipment.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 6

Besides, half the fun of DayZ is dying; having to start down south with a starter weapon and trying to make do in high traffic cities. That's 75% more fun and exhilarating than just camping up north with a 50 cal.

Edited by metaminer
  • Like 4

Had a good firefight with some guys earlier. Both sides lost men...then their side decided to bug out and quit, thus saving themselves.

The best solution is something that has been posted above.

If you logout then you are still left ingame for 2 minutes? Theres plenty of woodland thats safe to log out in. Then if you are logged in on one server then you cannot log into another etc.

Dont know how easy this is to put into action however.

Edited by Vetrox

there's a difference in cheating and exploiting. Cheating is not permitted, like hacking. Exploiting is using game mechanics to your advantage. Though frowned upon, it's permitted

there's a difference in cheating and exploiting. Cheating is not permitted, like hacking. Exploiting is using game mechanics to your advantage. Though frowned upon, it's permitted

exploiting is using bugs and loopholes to your advantage. it is all but cheating, and not permitted.

Edited by Dankine

If you can't handle permadeath, don't play a permadeath game.

Haha, this is what always astounds me when people Alt+F4. It's just like... nigga, what are you doing playing this game?

Look on the bright side: The more exploits people use, the more people complain about the issues. And the issues will be more visible to the developers and maybe motivates and guides them on how to fix it.

Disappointed now are you !!!! Well lets see here................ <_<

DayZ is not a fucking game its a MOD OK, he cannot reverse engineer Arma 2, why because its not fucking his to piss about with, its a mod!!!

BIS own Arma 2, rocket does not have access to main arma 2 source code, only BIS have and will and are trying to accommodate him while they sort there shit out for a stand alone DayZ!!!

Got it!!! >:(

Someone says this in every single game I play. I guess that means im the constant and therefore im the problem. Sorry guys, I ruined the game.

• Like 2

Op, just be glad that the entire community doesn't kiss up to Rocket's ass all the time.

I was part of a community where this was what effectively happened and holy shit... it was awful. nothing is worse than a gaming comunnity that is basically forced to worship the creator or get out.

At least you have the right to complain about the hackers.

Edited by Ozelot
  • Like 3

That may be the case but we're all still here, aren't we? There's gotta be something good about it.

Its like a rockstar that appeals to your masochistic and rebellious nature. Its not good for you but you love it anyway. DayZ would be just another game with a concept of an idea if not for the community we have.